Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-29-2022, 01:12 PM   #661
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

I suppose that because there wasn’t organized healthcare in Christ or the Founders time that doesn’t matter.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-29-2022, 01:20 PM   #662
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it fun when leftist atheists lecture Christians about being Christian,,,,it's like when white liberals lecture black folks about being black
It’s fun to watch ignorant people prove their ignorance, are you claiming to be more Christian than Jimmy Carter or I
🤡

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 01:22 PM   #663
scottw

Quote:
It’s fun to watch ignorant people prove their ignorance, are you claiming to be more Christian than Jimmy Carter or I
🤡
nope...just making an observation...I don't care how Christian you or Jimmy Carter are
Old 01-29-2022, 03:41 PM   #664
Jim in CT

Quote:
Last I knew you were claiming that was really going somewhere because Ronan Farrow was on the case……🦗🦗
you dodged the question.

no i knew that was never going anywhere. because democrats don’t care when fellow democrats are accused of such things. only when republicans are.

cowardly, no?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-29-2022 at 04:39 PM..
Old 01-29-2022, 05:16 PM   #665
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you dodged the question.

no i knew that was never going anywhere. because democrats don’t care when fellow democrats are accused of such things. only when republicans are.

cowardly, no?
Was Biden accused, is that your sad question
Not credibly unlike the people I cited
Your just like the people you think are good enough for you

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 05:26 PM   #666
Jim in CT

Quote:
Was Biden accused, is that your sad question
Not credibly unlike the people I cited
Your just like the people you think are good enough for you
why no credibility? unlike Kavanaugh, the victim described the rape to family back when it happened.

to you, an accusation against a democrat, means no credibility, that’s your barometer.

i don’t care much about the moral
shortcomings of people in DC, i care about their policies and results. i don’t forgive hurting people, but i don’t care about mean tweets and infidelity, and that’s regardless of party. whereas to you and your cohorts here, party is literally all that matters.

every single position you’ve ever taken here, would be reversed 180 degrees if the political party of the persons involved, was switched. every single position you’ve ever taken.

some principles

every post you’ve ever made, is a function of party. and 100% predictable.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:32 PM   #667
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
why no credibility? unlike Kavanaugh, the victim described the rape to family back when it happened.

to you, an accusation against a democrat, means no credibility, that’s your barometer.

i don’t care much about the moral
shortcomings of people in DC, i care about their policies and results. i don’t forgive hurting people, but i don’t care about mean tweets and infidelity, and that’s regardless of party. whereas to you and your cohorts here, party is literally all that matters.

every single position you’ve ever taken here, would be reversed 180 degrees if the political party of the persons involved, was switched. every single position you’ve ever taken.

some principles

every post you’ve ever made, is a function of party. and 100% predictable.
You obviously have never done any research into this case and once again are repeating the white wing propaganda you’ve been fed.
Just keep believing

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 05:33 PM   #668
wdmso

Quote:
so you support politicians who say more gun laws are the answer, but you can’t conceive of a hypothetical law that would have prevented that crime. which necessarily means, you cannot explain why you support those politicians, other than the fact that you believe everything said by everyone who has a D next to their name

now, can you justify york comment that christian nationalists are “closely aligned” with muslim radicals? or is that another thing you heard a democrat say, and therefore you blindly believe it?

jim this sums your party perfectly

One of the key characteristics of today’s Republican Party is its anemic agenda; at the national level it organizes itself not around policy goals but around owning the libs. This is one of the central facts underlying the debate over the filibuster: It harms Democrats much more than Republicans, because Democrats actually want government to do things. When Republicans take power, they pass a big tax cut, then pretty much call it a day.S

The GOP does, however, have a comprehensive negative policy agenda —

But keep thinking they pass stuff

Ps not sure how you can’t understand are “closely aligned”
Is not exactly the same..

White Supremacists Killed More Americans Than Muslim Extremists in Recent Years, Terrorism Report Shows

And before you excuse that away white supremacy usually equals nationalist and Christianity if you are actually interested in Facts

Last edited by wdmso; 01-29-2022 at 05:38 PM..
Old 01-29-2022, 05:46 PM   #669
wdmso

I don’t care much about the moral
shortcomings of people in DC, i care about their policies and results.

Ever once in a while the Truth comes out. Today’s New GOP has even given up on character,! And they want stay in power by any means necessary…. trumps the prime example
Old 01-29-2022, 05:46 PM   #670
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
jim this sums your party perfectly

One of the key characteristics of today’s Republican Party is its anemic agenda; at the national level it organizes itself not around policy goals but around owning the libs. This is one of the central facts underlying the debate over the filibuster: It harms Democrats much more than Republicans, because Democrats actually want government to do things. When Republicans take power, they pass a big tax cut, then pretty much call it a day.S

The GOP does, however, have a comprehensive negative policy agenda —

But keep thinking they pass stuff

Ps not sure how you can’t understand are “closely aligned”
Is not exactly the same..

White Supremacists Killed More Americans Than Muslim Extremists in Recent Years, Terrorism Report Shows

And before you excuse that away white supremacy usually equals nationalist and Christianity if you are actually interested in Facts
we absolutely organize around policy ideals, which is why we own the libs.

for the millionth time, americans really liked trumps policies. he set an all time record in the Gallup poll. an all time record isn’t an ambiguous result

cops are getting slaughtered left and right by repeat offenders. that’s a winning issue for the gop, a huge loser for the left. that’s just one issue.

despite your statements, americans see a huge problem with the border.

I can explain why i believe what i believe. you can’t. you say you support democrats who advocate for
more gun laws. but you can’t offer a single additional law that you say would have helped recently.

what does that tell you?

white suoremacists have killed
more than jihadists? only if you carefully cherry-pick which years you’re talking about.

how many MericNs have been killed by white suoremacists? and how many have been murdered in gun violence in our cities?

yet you ignore city gun violence because again, it’s a losing issue for your party. the fact that ignoring it means more of those kids there will be murdered, is a price you’re willing to pay to avoid admitting that your side isn’t helping

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-29-2022 at 07:09 PM..
Old 01-29-2022, 05:55 PM   #671
scottw

leftist media and elected wanna-be authoritarians are calling these folks "fascists"...and the mobs rioting and burning down cities were "peaceful"...so we know what tree these leftist nuts are falling from
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download (1).jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	68717   Click image for larger version

Name:	download (2).jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	68718  
Old 01-29-2022, 06:10 PM   #672
Pete F.
Canceled

All that remains of the old GOP is a bunch of resentful voters and a freakish cult.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:12 PM   #673
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
we absolutely organize around policy ideals, which is why we own the libs.

for the millionth time, americans really liked trumps policies. he set an all time record in the Gallup poll. an all time record isn’t an ambiguous result

cops are getting slaughtered left and right by repeat offenders. that’s a winning issue for the gop, a huge loser for the left. that’s just one issue.

despite your statements, americans see a huge problem with the border.

I can explain why i believe what i believe. you can’t. you say you support democrats who advocate for
more gun laws. but you can’t offer a single additional law that you say would have helped recently.

what does that tell you?

white suoremacists have killed
more than jihadists? only if you carefully cherry-pick which years you’re talking about.

how many MericNs have been killed by white suoremacists? and how many have been murdered in gun violence in our cities?

yet you ignore city gun violence because again, it’s a losing issue for your party. the fact that ignoring it means more of those kids there will be murdered, is a price you’re willing to pay to avoid admitting that your side isn’t helping
Clown
For 2 years, Florida has been under reporting its Covid cases and especially Covid deaths. DeSantis is criminally responsible for the unnecessary deaths of thousands of Floridians.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 06:19 PM   #674
scottw

Quote:

Clown
For 2 years, Florida has been under reporting its Covid cases and especially Covid deaths. DeSantis is criminally responsible for the unnecessary deaths of thousands of Floridians.

Old 01-29-2022, 06:26 PM   #675
scottw

Quote:
All that remains of the old GOP is a bunch of resentful voters and a freakish cult.

AXIOS Jan 28, 2022 - Politics & Policy
Democrats stiff Biden as poll numbers hit low point

JAN. 28, 2022
Why Joe Biden Is Bleeding Black Support
Although Biden has lost ground with most every demographic group, he’s suffered especially steep losses with African American voters. In polling from NBC News, Biden’s approval rating among Black voters has fallen from 83 percent last April to 64 percent today. Quinnipiac University’s surveys show a similar trend, with Biden’s Black support dropping from 78 percent to 57 percent over the course of his first year in office.

guess we know why the Supreme Court thing erupted
Old 01-29-2022, 06:39 PM   #676
detbuch

Quote:
Perhaps if you don’t want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don’t.

Jimmy Carter
Not that it matters other than your chastising others for not doing the research, but apparently Jimmy Carter was not the author of that quote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ji...-helping-poor/
Old 01-29-2022, 06:45 PM   #677
scottw

pete is pretty fast and loose with his misinformation...he just likes to hold others to high standards
Old 01-29-2022, 07:02 PM   #678
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
radical muslims want to kill everyone who doesn’t obey their religion. please specify how christian nationalists are closely aligned with that. aim all ears.

Man going to assassinate @POTUS was arrested at the Hagerstown Maryland: Cracker Barrel. Yep. The Cracker. Barrel. Karma is a standup Comedianne these days.

allegedly on a 'mission from god' to 'lop off the head of the serpent in the heart of the nation,' a kansas construction contractor was intercepted by the secret service in the parking lot of a hagerstown, maryland cracker barrel

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 07:08 PM   #679
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Not that it matters other than your chastising others for not doing the research, but apparently Jimmy Carter was not the author of that quote:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ji...-helping-poor/
Ok, let’s run with that

Congressman Stephen Fincher, a Republican from Tennessee, just took the Bible so far out of context he had to apply for a visa.Fincher is a fierce opponent of food aid for poor Americans. You know, like Jesus. He recently fought to cut $4.1 billion from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. If you only watch Fox, that means ‘food stamps.’ And thanks to the fine work of Fincher and his colleagues, 2 million working American families, children and seniors have already been cut off from food assistance.

So during a recent House agricultural committee debate, he decided to show how Christian it is to turn your back on unemployed suffering Americans by quoting one of the favorite Bible passages of revoltingly fake right-wing Christians — 2 Thessalonians 3:10 — “anyone unwilling to work should not eat.”

Fincher and the GOP … cut services for the poor and taxes for the rich. And it’s a free country. They’re allowed. But if you don’t want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values. Because you don’t. And that’s why representative Fincher is our ‘revoltingly fake Christian of the week’!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #680
detbuch

Quote:
I suppose that because there wasn’t organized healthcare in Christ or the Founders time that doesn’t matter.
So if government mandated universal healthcare had existed in Christ's time, that might have made it a bit harder for him to convince people to believe his divinity. Of course, he still would have had the proprietary rights of bringing the dead back to life. And his other miraculous healings of the blind and the sick and the demon infested psychologically disturbed would have been more appealing than whatever backward medical treatments were available back then--especially so since his and his disciple's service was free. Except that there was an implicit expectation that the healings would convince the ill and impoverished (as well and especially those healthy others who witnessed or heard about the miracles) to follow him and believe in the coming kingdom of God. That is, they would pay for their cures by surrendering their souls to Christ, to God. If they didn't, there might well not be another cure the next time around--not an explicit threat, but a rational, even religious, conclusion.

It was that payment by soul that was ultimately the true concern of Christ. He did not have a mission to provide some universal health care, nor even campaign for the government to provide it. Rather his goal was the singular salvation of souls. He didn't intend to physically cure every ill and dying person, nor even a minor fraction of them. Even if he would have, they would just get sick again, and he would then be burdened with the never ending task of providing universal health care.

The poor in health and the poor in spirit were the most vulnerable and the most likely to want what Christ offered. And therefor the most likely to provide occasions for miraculous cures for some of the more "privileged" to witness and be motivated thereby to eschew their wealth and privilege and follow the Christian way.

But the price for entering the kingdom of God was always the individual soul, not the lip service of organized bureaucracies and governments.

If anything, that organized capture of and lip service to Christianity (even though it has made possible the expansion of the religion) has diluted the true faith. And in our semi-miraculous technologically advanced time, that dilution has exposed much of the organized, bureaucratic "Christianity" to be a soulless fraud. This current Pope is the ultimate sellout of the Christian faith to the earthly powers and their centralized bureaucratic machinations intended to make us all little useful cogs in support of those self-indulgent but ultimately meaningless coteries of ruling elites.

With your "more Christian than Jimmy Carter or I" you've implied that you're a Christian. If so, are you a true believer or a soulless lip servant who can from time to time invoke the name of Jesus or refer to "Christian values" when it somehow supports some pet agenda?
Old 01-29-2022, 10:00 PM   #681
Pete F.
Canceled

You know how sometimes you think I wonder what being a North Korean teacher feels like ?

Wonder no more aspiring teachers and autocracy lovers, you can just go to Florida !
Old 01-29-2022, 10:59 PM   #682
detbuch

Quote:
You know how sometimes you think I wonder what being a North Korean teacher feels like ?

Wonder no more aspiring teachers and autocracy lovers, you can just go to Florida !
So . . . are you a Christian?
Old 01-29-2022, 11:38 PM   #683
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Ashley Babbit was unarmed, and killed for the crime of trespassing, by a cop with a documented history of being stupidly reckless with his firearm.

This is totally out of context thinking, IMHO. She was at the very front of the force about to breach the chamber... I am more surprised by the restraint shown by all others who were defending the Capital and were armed... I would have been firing before the force reached the top of the stairs.
And there is more to the Ashley Babbit story than her just being the victim here. She used her vehicle to ram the vehicle of the woman who was in a six year relationship with the man she was sleeping with. So given her record, I am sure she could easily slip into presenting as a threatening member of the attacking force. Good shoot IMO. She put herself there...
Sometimes things are not what they appear to be . . . and there is evidence that Ashley Babbit was not the villain you think she was. Maybe she was not a threatening member of the attacking force. Could be that she wanted to stop any "attack." And did not deserve to be shot:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/ashli-...wCZ7F6fdBUPMTd
Old 01-30-2022, 06:10 AM   #684
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Sometimes things are not what they appear to be . . . and there is evidence that Ashley Babbit was not the villain you think she was. Maybe she was not a threatening member of the attacking force. Could be that she wanted to stop any "attack." And did not deserve to be shot:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/ashli-...wCZ7F6fdBUPMTd

Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post

I am more surprised by the restraint shown by all others who were defending the Capital and were armed... I would have been firing before the force reached the top of the stairs.

^^^ this actually sounds like something a crazy militia member might fantasize about....he must have missed all of the restraint by armed police officers during the 574 riots during the summer of love

we've had some here criticize police for discharging their guns when they had guns, tasers, knives, vehicles pointed at them....what was Ashley pointing at this officer that threatened him?

If this had been the Federal Courthouse in Portland and protesters had broken a window and were climbing through and a cop shot an unarmed woman climbing through the window and killed her...do you think it might have been portrayed a bit differently by the usual suspects ?
Old 01-30-2022, 07:20 AM   #685
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
.what was Ashley pointing at this officer that threatened him?

?
the cop who killed her, testified to congress that he couldn’t see her hands at the time he’s got her to death.

where is the argument that she posed an immediate and lethal threat to anyone at that moment?
Old 01-30-2022, 07:56 AM   #686
Pete F.
Canceled

Wow
The White Wing is all wound up about a criminal getting killed by a police officer.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:29 AM   #687
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow
The White Wing is all wound up about a criminal getting killed by a police officer.
make an argument that she posed an immediate and lethal threat to anyone.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:44 AM   #688
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s amazing that you call storming the Capitol to stop the democratic transfer of power “trespassing”. That’s the same energy that called a war to maintain slavery in the south - the Civil War - a war over states right.
Old 01-30-2022, 08:45 AM   #689
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
make an argument that she posed an immediate and lethal threat to anyone.
For all anyone knew she could have been a suicide bomber.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #690
Jim in CT

Quote:
For all anyone knew she could have been a suicide bomber.
ok. so you’re saying it’s ok for cops to shoot anyone who “could be a suicide bomber.”

does that apply across the board? or only when the person shot is a republican? based on your logic, cops can kill any young muslim men they see.

idiot.