Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-15-2016, 11:37 AM   #31
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Unfortunate is an understatement for sure Paul. It really is unfortunate as many things that have happened recently and I hope it can come to an end because that kind of mentality is very destructive and helps nothing. If I see something, you can bet I will say something, or do something. That kind of hate and violence can't be tolerated from either side, and it has happened on both sides.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:42 AM   #32
DZ

[QUOTE=PaulS;1112217]I think the protestors where anticipating that Trump's election would unleash racism and anti-Semitism. Unfortunately, that is exactly what we are seeing.[/QUOT

Even if that was true (and I don't see any more racism now than what has occurred the last 8 years - both parties have their share of what we might call racists). But why are they destroying property. Why not go to a park and just sing kumbaya?

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #33
PaulS

[QUOTE=DZ;1112219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I think the protestors where anticipating that Trump's election would unleash racism and anti-Semitism. Unfortunately, that is exactly what we are seeing.[/QUOT

Even if that was true (and I don't see any more racism now than what has occurred the last 8 years - both parties have their share of what we might call racists). But why are they destroying property. Why not go to a park and just sing kumbaya?
Students chanting "white power" while holding up Trump signs, small town mayors saying Michelle is a "ape in heels", swastika's outside synagogues, etc. I read many other examples.

I don’t know why they are destroying property. – it is stupid. Maybe a feeling of anger over the racism???
Old 11-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Students chanting "white power" while holding up Trump signs, small town mayors saying Michelle is a "ape in heels", swastika's outside synagogues, etc. I read many other examples.

I don’t know why they are destroying property. – it is stupid. Maybe a feeling of anger over the racism???
seek help please maybe knead some playdough
Old 11-15-2016, 01:27 PM   #35
BigBo

Surely you don't believe Trump condones racism like the examples you mentioned. I'm not saying they are false claims. It's happening on both sides from fringe radical groups. Neither represent the majority of both parties.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-15-2016, 01:29 PM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
Surely you don't believe Trump condones racism like the examples you mentioned. I'm not saying they are false claims. It's happening on both sides from fringe radical groups. Neither represent the majority of both parties.
and we know that Hillary operatives were responsible for a lot of it in order to characterize their opponent which is pretty disgusting but apparently effective
Old 11-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #37
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
Surely you don't believe Trump condones racism like the examples you mentionedI only know what he said in his campaign. I'm not saying they are false claims. It's happening on both sides from fringe radical groups. Neither represent the majority of both parties.
I agree that there are elements on both sides that say/do distastefull things. One difference is if someone is assumed to be on the left, people here blame everyone on the left, while if it is someone assumed on the right, then it is just that individual.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #38
BigBo

Quote:
I agree that there are elements on both sides that say/do distastefull things. One difference is if someone is assumed to be on the left, people here blame everyone on the left, while if it is someone assumed on the right, then it is just that individual.
Well that's a pretty subjective statement.ie; your opinion

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
Old 11-15-2016, 03:04 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think the protestors where anticipating that Trump's election would unleash racism and anti-Semitism. Unfortunately, that is exactly what we are seeing.
Some of that, definitely. Find them and throw 'em in jail for as long as we can.

You don't seem to have much to say about the reaction to Trump's win from your side. That double standard, is a huge reason why your party was cast aside.

I see that a few posts in, you criticized the rioters, then justified their behavior as a logical response to what Trump said during the campaign. When in the campaign, did Trump call for racism and anti-Semitism, exactly?

Funny, Republican candidates are required by the media to reject David Duke, but liberal candidates are never required to reject Al Sharpton. Funny how that works.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-15-2016 at 03:10 PM..
Old 11-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #40
Jim in CT

[QUOTE=DZ;1112219But why are they destroying property. Why not go to a park and just sing kumbaya?[/QUOTE]

"But why are they destroying property"

That's what they (some of them) do, every single time things don't go their way. I challenge anyone to find a politically-motivated riot in our recent history, that was carried out by conservatives.

"Why not go to a park and just sing kumbaya"

That's only what they expect our side to do, when we lose. When they lose, it's anarchy.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #41
scottw

Quote:
One difference is if someone is assumed to be on the left, people here blame everyone on the left, while if it is someone assumed on the right, then it is just that individual.
the unredeemable basket of deplorables might disagree....