Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-12-2021, 06:20 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Third string on JV team

That is an apt description of where Liz Cheney stands in today's political world. But kudos to her for standing up and calling out other party members for not acknowledging the truth and moving on. She is willing to give up today for the truth that it might be more in focus in the future.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:48 AM   #2
spence

They’re trying to take her out so she won’t run in 2024. WTF happened to the GOP?
Old 05-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
WTF happened to the GOP?
Donald J. Trump.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-12-2021, 09:16 AM   #4
PaulS

started way bf Trump
Old 05-12-2021, 09:20 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
started way bf Trump
But now it has gone plaid.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:26 AM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Disgusting they voted her out... Republicans are goose stepping to Trump... After 63 years I am forced to turn my back on the party..... They had an opportunity to take the party back and they blew it.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

She literally threw the gauntlet down.
Candidate for President in 2024? You bet she is.

Will longtime Republican donors follow suit?

Over 100 former Republican officials will sign a letter declaring that if the Republican Party does not break with former President Donald Trump and change course, they will back the creation of a third party.

A third Party composed of former Republicans, regardless if it's conservative or moderate, can only be good for the Democrats.
Two "Republican" parties will split the the GOP vote and give Democrats a lot more wins.

Maybe not so good for the billionaire donors to the Republicans.

Are you thinking the first string quarterback is the former guy who lost the Presidency, the House and the Senate?

Last edited by Pete F.; 05-12-2021 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: ADD

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-13-2021, 07:37 AM   #8
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Spineless, immoral, MFr's hold a SECRET VOTE.... Maybe the impeachment vote should have been secret too... I wonder how that would have turned out if it was.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:24 AM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
She literally threw the gauntlet down.
Candidate for President in 2024? You bet she is.

Will longtime Republican donors follow suit?

Over 100 former Republican officials will sign a letter declaring that if the Republican Party does not break with former President Donald Trump and change course, they will back the creation of a third party.

A third Party composed of former Republicans, regardless if it's conservative or moderate, can only be good for the Democrats.
Two "Republican" parties will split the the GOP vote and give Democrats a lot more wins.

Maybe not so good for the billionaire donors to the Republicans.

Are you thinking the first string quarterback is the former guy who lost the Presidency, the House and the Senate?
I probably disagree with Liz Cheney on >90% of issues...
BUT, I can't wait to see her and Josh Hawley on a debate stage together.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-13-2021, 04:45 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Spineless, immoral, MFr's hold a SECRET VOTE.... Maybe the impeachment vote should have been secret too... I wonder how that would have turned out if it was.
How about the attempted gaslighting by Republican House members the past week about January 6th. It is mind boggling that these are elected officials.
Old 05-13-2021, 05:52 PM   #11
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

You mean the one that referred to them as "tourists" at the Capitol?

The emperor has no clothes....

Old 05-14-2021, 02:26 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
You mean the one that referred to them as "tourists" at the Capitol?

The emperor has no clothes....
One of the most blatantly dishonest things I've ever heard a politician say. Serious, this clown car is making Maxine Waters look like Seal Team 6.