Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-18-2020, 08:08 AM   #91
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wow a rich black guy is your metric of Trumps genius
Wow if Trump made a comment like that it would be considered racist.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:18 AM   #92
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Isn’t this illegal?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Don't know ,, 1 min he supported these actions , when he thinks the worst is behind him he tweets that nonsense

I find it funny that they were protesting the lock down that allowed them to drive they showed up armed to shoot covid 19 if it appeared. Most wore no masks ...

I WAGER NONE were doctors nurses police or fire other health care workers , fastfood workers or groceries workers,, just the fringe opportunist ,,, and Trump once again gave them legitimacy , over the millions of Americans who are willing to suffer some short term pain for a long term gain
Old 04-18-2020, 08:20 AM   #93
Sea Dangles

America 1st
Old 04-18-2020, 08:23 AM   #94
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
More of the same.
Absolutely more US coronavirus deaths:

7 weeks ago: 0 deaths
6 weeks ago: 17 deaths
5 weeks ago: 49 deaths
4 weeks ago: 249 deaths
3 weeks ago: 1,588 deaths
2 weeks ago: 7,152 deaths
1 week ago: 18,758 deaths

As of yesterday: 36,997 deaths

A key task for analysts during disease outbreaks is to determine whether foreign officials are trying to minimize the effects of an outbreak or take steps to hide a public health crisis, according to current and former officials familiar with the process.

At the State Department, personnel had been nervously tracking early reports about the virus. One official noted that it was discussed at a meeting in the third week of January, around the time that cable traffic showed that U.S. diplomats in Wuhan were being brought home on chartered planes — a sign that the public health risk was significant. A colleague at the White House mentioned how concerned he was about the transmissibility of the virus.

“In January, there was obviously a lot of chatter,” the official said.

The State Department announced Feb. 7 that it had “facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people” to fight against Covid-19.

The same day, the WHO director general said, “There is limited stock of (personal protective equipment) and we need to make sure we get it to the people who need it most in the places that need it most,” citing health care workers and caretakers.

The rest of the world started buying PPE, Ventilators, etc.

What procedures did he not follow
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...ementation.pdf

After SARS, MERS, AIDS and Ebola it became obvious that flu was not the only pandemic danger.

The NSC in response developed this document, the Trump* administration eliminated the portion of the NSC that administered it. Just another layer of unnecessary bureaucracy that was removed.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...c-Playbook.pdf

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #95
wdmso

Quote:
Wow if Trump made a comment like that it would be considered racist.
Of course because he would have attached it to not getting convicted of a crime or him being black was his only reason for his success!
Old 04-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #96
Sea Dangles

Stay at home people.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #97
hq2

Response to Pete. F.

The GOP and Trump voters were fools. They elected an unqualified buffoon to be their leader. But what they’re finding out now is that being fools has consequences.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:32 AM   #98
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
Response to Pete. F.

The GOP and Trump voters were fools. They elected an unqualified buffoon to be their leader. But what they’re finding out now is that being fools has consequences.
I look back on the days when we would get boarded by Iranian soldiers in the gulf and just fall to our knees and clasp our hands over our heads looking for mercy. Yup, those were the good ole days. The glory days. We have to bring that back.
Then, we can give them money to make them like us. You know, like they used to.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-18-2020, 09:44 AM   #99
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Of course because he would have attached it to not getting convicted of a crime or him being black was his only reason for his success!
Of course because, as you are demonstrating here, people like you would "interpret" it that way.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But he did follow those procedures as outlined in chapter 3 Federal Government response. And the "communities" response guidelines in the plan had not been fully followed by the state and local communities which were caught short handed and unprepared. Trump actually used federal resources to make up for that. And the previous administration had not replenished the federal stockpile so Trump had to do that as well as provide to the communities that which they didn't. And the federal regulatory agencies such as the CDC were slow to create a testing regime which it decided to create anew rather than use the existing WHO model, and it flubbed that a few times before getting it partially right (still not 100% verifiable) and accepting contributions from others--all costing that valuable preliminary time that would have saved more lives.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:38 AM   #101
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
But he did follow those procedures as outlined in chapter 3 Federal Government response. Too late And the "communities" response guidelines in the plan had not been fully followed by the state and local communities which were caught short handed and unprepared. His administration failed to take the leadership role, if the battle was against a foreign army would you expect the states to have the information and take the lead? Trump actually used federal resources to make up for that. And the previous administration had not replenished the federal stockpile so Trump had to do that as well as provide to the communities that which they didn't. He has been in office for three years, and his party controlled Congress for the first two of those years. Perhaps they could have funded the restocking that they blocked under the previous administration. And the federal regulatory agencies such as the CDC were slow to create a testing regime which it decided to create anew rather than use the existing WHO model, and it flubbed that a few times before getting it partially right (still not 100% verifiable) and accepting contributions from others--all costing that valuable preliminary time that would have saved more lives.
His JOB is to administer the federal government and the various parts thereof.
They do need to be led or do you claim that the office is unimportant, ceremonial and titular only? Like the Queen or King of the UK?

He tweeted yesterday about Obama/Biden, how does anyone rationalize that statement with his current claim that this is the Governors fault?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Biden/Obama were a disaster in handling the H1N1 Swine Flu. Polling at the time showed disastrous approval numbers. 17,000 people died unnecessarily and through incompetence!

Trump will have really big numbers, much bigger than anyone else and he will figure out a way to brag, cast aspersions and blame.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-18-2020, 10:52 AM   #102
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I look back on the days when we would get boarded by Iranian soldiers in the gulf and just fall to our knees and clasp our hands over our heads looking for mercy. Yup, those were the good ole days. The glory days. We have to bring that back.
You mean that time when we accidentally strayed into Iranian territory, the Sec State made a phone call and our sailors were released with all their equipment...you mean that time?
Old 04-18-2020, 01:50 PM   #103
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You mean that time when we accidentally strayed into Iranian territory, the Sec State made a phone call and our sailors were released with all their equipment...you mean that time?
That was an accident Jeff? Of course, USN gets lost all the time. Wow, you are wicked smart. You must read a lot.
Perhaps you should focus more on illegally liberating states.🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-18-2020, 02:56 PM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
(But he did follow those procedures as outlined in chapter 3 Federal Government response.)

Too late

So now you go from him not following procedures to he followed them too late. So the fact is he did, your opinion is too late.

The consensus early on is that the risk in the US was low and that Trump's travel ban on China was excessive and racist. In late February, Pelosi and the Dems, various media, were saying it was safe to continue as normal and made fun of Trump trying to scare us.

(And the "communities" response guidelines in the plan had not been fully followed by the state and local communities which were caught short handed and unprepared.)

His administration failed to take the leadership role, if the battle was against a foreign army would you expect the states to have the information and take the lead?

But the established procedure you said he didn't follow, or he followed too late, clearly stated that the state and local communities were responsible to keep adequate supplies and to be prepared through practice and readiness procedures to quickly respond to a pandemic.

(Trump actually used federal resources to make up for that. And the previous administration had not replenished the federal stockpile so Trump had to do that as well as provide to the communities that which they themselves, as required by the established "plan," had not.)

He has been in office for three years, and his party controlled Congress for the first two of those years. Perhaps they could have funded the restocking that they blocked under the previous administration.

"Perhaps" they were not aware of the shortage. It was the duty of the CDC and FDA to always remain stocked. Shortages had to be reported to the administration, otherwise it would be unaware of the situation.

The media has reported that regulatory agencies informed the Obama administration of the need to re-supply. It didn't in the seven years that it knew of the shortage.

I don't know if the Trump administration was made aware. And I would think that the anti-Trump media cartel would have pointed out that Trump denied a request. Maybe they have. I am not aware of it. And even if Trump did deny a request, "perhaps" he did it for the same reason Obama did. Or "perhaps" he may have thought it wasn't that important if Obama didn't either.

And Trump did, when the shortage was discovered, order it to be corrected and he did so even beyond the federal shortage but aided in filling the State's shortage as well.

As for him being too slow to get testing started, our highly touted
(federal regulatory agencies such as the CDC were slow to create a testing regime which it decided to create anew rather than use the existing WHO model, and it flubbed that a few times before getting it partially right (still not 100% verifiable) and accepting contributions from other sources--all costing that valuable preliminary time that would have saved more lives.) https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...cid=spartandhp

His JOB is to administer the federal government and the various parts thereof.
They do need to be led or do you claim that the office is unimportant, ceremonial and titular only? Like the Queen or King of the UK?

He is doing a good job of leading, your opinion notwithstanding.

He tweeted yesterday about Obama/Biden, how does anyone rationalize that statement with his current claim that this is the Governors fault?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Biden/Obama were a disaster in handling the H1N1 Swine Flu. Polling at the time showed disastrous approval numbers. 17,000 people died unnecessarily and through incompetence!

Trump will have really big numbers, much bigger than anyone else and he will figure out a way to brag, cast aspersions and blame.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-18-2020 at 04:22 PM..
Old 04-18-2020, 08:23 PM   #105
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.
Every thing you claim are excuses for this administration's inaction.
The administration controls the working parts of the government.
The Democrats and Republicans in the legislature can conduct oversight but this administration has consistently blocked that function of Congress.
There are no valid excuses for the inaction of this administration.
Gaslight all you want, bucko
Meanwhile Americans die, Trump* claims he is not responsible.
The blame he casts in all directions
See ya, barking carnival clown
Go liberate some states, kill your supporters
Sad
Darwin is on Biden's side

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-18-2020, 09:44 PM   #106
detbuch

Quote:
Every thing you claim are excuses for this administration's inaction.
The administration controls the working parts of the government.
The Democrats and Republicans in the legislature can conduct oversight but this administration has consistently blocked that function of Congress.
There are no valid excuses for the inaction of this administration.
Gaslight all you want, bucko
Meanwhile Americans die, Trump* claims he is not responsible.
The blame he casts in all directions
See ya, barking carnival clown
Go liberate some states, kill your supporters
Sad
Darwin is on Biden's side
You're scary.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #107
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You're scary.
this is scary

Reported US coronavirus cases:

8 weeks ago: 35 cases
7 weeks ago: 69 cases
6 weeks ago: 444 cases
5 weeks ago: 2,826 cases
4 weeks ago: 25,740 cases
3 weeks ago: 121,285 cases
2 weeks ago: 311,544 cases
1 week ago: 529,887 cases
Right now: 732,197 cases

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-18-2020, 09:50 PM   #108
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You're scary.
Now let's look at deaths
Reported US coronavirus deaths:

Feb. 18: 0 deaths
Mar. 18: 149 deaths
Apr. 18: 38,664 deaths

How many deaths will Trump* claim accolades for next week?

GFY

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-18-2020, 09:56 PM   #109
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You're scary.
Trump just said, “If I wasn’t elected, the world would be over.” Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States.”

And you think I'm scary

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-18-2020, 10:00 PM   #110
detbuch

Quote:
Now let's look at deaths
Reported US coronavirus deaths:

Feb. 18: 0 deaths
Mar. 18: 149 deaths
Apr. 18: 38,664 deaths

How many deaths will Trump* claim accolades for next week?

GFY
Just in case we missed the latest stats that are published and broadcast in the daily news, we can depend on you to fill us in. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:05 PM   #111
Pete F.
Canceled

Just keep defending the incompetent Trump and watching Americans Die
He's not responsible, just plain garbage
I've said since the minute he came down the escalator that he is a con man.
I've seen nothing to prove me wrong.
GFY

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-18-2020, 11:18 PM   #112
detbuch

Quote:
Just keep defending the incompetent Trump and watching Americans Die
He's not responsible, just plain garbage
I've said since the minute he came down the escalator that he is a con man.
I've seen nothing to prove me wrong.
GFY

Thanks for the encouragement. Coming from an impeccable expert like you, it really means something.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:41 PM   #113
Sea Dangles

Just think of how bad it could have been.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:43 AM   #114
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Hey, you're forgetting Operation Fast and Furious. where the Justice Department gave machine guns to Mexican drug cartels, making it easier for them to kill Amwricans. And filling a plane with cash in the middle of the night and giving it to our best buddies, Iran. That's quality policy right there!
Old 04-19-2020, 07:51 AM   #115
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Hey, you're forgetting Operation Fast and Furious. where the Justice Department gave machine guns to Mexican drug cartels, making it easier for them to kill Amwricans. And filling a plane with cash in the middle of the night and giving it to our best buddies, Iran. That's quality policy right there!
And you have the arrogance to call others partisans hacks and trapped in their ideology.... you live in a house with no mirrors

At an April 13 coronavirus briefing, Trump falsely claimed that during her visit Pelosi said, “‘Let’s all have the big parade — Chinatown parade.'” Pelosi didn’t say that. In fact, that parade had taken place on Feb. 8, more than two weeks before Pelosi went to Chinatown.

At a coronavirus briefing on April 15, Trump exaggerated when he said Pelosi “was trying to have, in San Francisco, parties in Chinatown, because she thought it would be great.” Pelosi didn’t mention parties during her visit, although she urged people to come to Chinatown to shop and eat.
Trump also falsely said Pelosi visited Chinatown “to show that this thing doesn’t exist,” referring to the novel coronavirus. Pelosi never suggested that it didn’t exist. She stressed the need for “prevention, prevention, prevention” — urging people to be “concerned and vigilant,” but not “afraid.”

Just like Trump all you have are lies an alternative facts