Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-22-2020, 06:33 PM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I saw who posted and figured I probably made a spelling mistake, the horror........
No, just a snarky comment
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-22-2020, 06:34 PM   #32
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
If I ignored you the first time what makes you think I could care enough to respond this time?
Why not debate him PaulS? It would be fun to watch you match wits. Surely you are confident enough and I have seen you express yourself clearly on occasion. Show off your intellect.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-22-2020, 06:42 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Why not debate him PaulS? It would be fun to watch you match wits. Surely you are confident enough and I have seen you express yourself clearly on occasion. Show off your intellect.
You mean like how I debate other people while you don't say anything other than throw out unintelligent, petty, childish, vile, scummy insults?
Old 04-22-2020, 07:49 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well I'm glad you now recognized they are not president since you seemed to not understand that and posted something so ignorant. See I can insult you too. There have been many instances where people have posted times when Trump has been informed about the pandemic. You can continue to ignore them.
So according to you (the non-ignorant one), only the president can make a reckless policy decision during a pandemic. No one else in any level of government, according to you, can make a stupid policy decision, based on what was known at the time. Of all the elected officials at the local, state, and federal level, only one person is accountable for his decisions. You say that everyone else gets a pass. Or is it just the democrats, perhaps?

You really should be teaching civics to high schoolers all over the world. Your knowledge is wasted here.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:51 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
And you continue to defend him even though Pete has posted hundreds of bullet points indicating when Trump said something and when he was told something and you continue to ignore them. It boils down to your trying to defend him as much as you can.
"And you continue to defend him "

In this thread, I said I can't stand his style. And in hindsight, obviously he should have done more. However, it's a naked re-writing of very recent history, to claim there was any kind of consensus then, that he should have gone much further. Your ilk called him a dictator for doing the one thing he did! Go back and read what Pelosi, Biden, Schumer, and all the news sites where you get you facts, had to say in January. The consensus was that it wasn't a big deal.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:54 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
If I ignored you the first time what makes you think I could care enough to respond this time?
Just grow a pair and either respond, or admit he's right. What are you afraid will happen if you do so. In all honesty, what are you afraid will happen?
Old 04-22-2020, 08:01 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

"Your ilk called him a dictator for doing the one (halfassed) thing he did!"

Oh poor Trumplican, victimized again, unfortunately you keep repeating lies.

Here is what your "ilk" is buying into..............he always repeats the scam he's done before......just watch and you will hear the words he's using now

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-22-2020, 08:01 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
The plan has protocols for leaders to follow, claiming it was only one person, it is only a few, it will disappear one day like a miracle is not a part of the protocol nor anything that any rational leader would do in the fface of a threat.

What protocols did Trump not follow? And why do you insist that Trump alone is responsible for following protocols? There is no way that Trump could be held responsible for the failure of state and local negligence, nor even the failure of the CDC to produce test kits on time. And he led above and beyond by correcting the failures of the state and local governments and he and his team did address regulatory rules that impeded the CDC.

I could give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about a Mayor, but let's look at what Trump* has done to restrict Congressional oversight under his administration. He has refused to comply with any Congressional requests, do you think that it occurs like a miracle one day the information just appears?

You're not giving an expletive about the executive in charge of and responsible for (along with the governor) the plan's protocols for the city with the largest occurrence of the outbreak. That's a huge chunk of responsibility that you want to shuffle onto Trump. Which congressional request are you referring to? Nancy makes a lot of ridiculous requests.

10 January 2020

WHO issued a comprehensive package of technical guidance online with advice to all countries on how to detect, test and manage potential cases, based on what was known about the virus at the time. This guidance was shared with WHO's regional emergency directors to share with WHO representatives in countries.

14 January 2020
WHO's technical lead for the response noted in a press briefing there may have been limited human-to-human transmission of the coronavirus (in the 41 confirmed cases), mainly through family members, and that there was a risk of a possible wider outbreak. The lead also said that human-to-human transmission would not be surprising given our experience with SARS, MERS and other respiratory pathogens.

"May have" and "would not be surprising" are not definitive.

Then there's this from WHO:

9 January 2020: WHO advises against travel or trade restrictions on China and does not recommend any specific measures for travelers. And praises China for its identification of the virus in such a short time as well as its capacity to manage new outbreaks. It also stresses that "the virus does not spread readily between people."

14 January 2020: WHO issues statement that Chinese authorities recorded no cases of human to human transmission (even though Wuhan doctors raised the possibility of human to human transmission.

22 January 2020: WHO director praises China for its cooperation. A WHO emergency committee concludes that the virus does not constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.

30 January 2020: WHO declares the coronavirus a global health emergency while expressing confidence in China's capacity to control the outbreak.

11 March 2020: WHO declares it a pandemic, and called for countries to take urgent and aggressive action.

And finally:
1 April 2020: U.S. Intelligence reports (secret) that China reported fake numbers.

Now you are acknowledging that he is so weak that his actions are decided not by what is best for the country, but what is best for him politically.

No. Acknowledging what is or isn't feasible given sketchy, incomplete, not completely certain information.

Late January, 2020: HHS sends a letter asking to use its transfer authority to shift $136 million of department funds into pools that could be tapped for combating the coronavirus. White House budget hawks argued that appropriating too much money at once when there were only a few U.S. cases would be viewed as alarmist.

Yes, there was the reluctance to create alarm.

Well your Stable Genius is certainly not capable of weaning anything, he doesn't have enough self control to deal with an umbrella, never mind a foreign government.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump · Mar 27
Just finished a very good conversation with President Xi of China. Discussed in great detail the CoronaVirus that is ravaging large parts of our Planet. China has been through much & has developed a strong understanding of the Virus. We are working closely together. Much respect!

Trump the dealer talk. Xi knows its shiny BS meant to create a more hospitable tone for negotiation. You do know that China's economy was already declining before the coronavirus hit. And big tariffs were not helping it. No doubt he knows Trumps nicey nicey talk is just butter on a piece of hard crust that that he'd have to chew if he wanted to deal.

Trump is a poster child for being played by China.

I had to bust out laughing when I read this. China has played the US for a fool for decades. Now it has to deal with someone who finally pushes back and puts a major hurt on it.

At the time of this tweet, China was engaged in multi-platform attacks on the American people to bolster their own image and credibility (this tweet helps them with that) and to undermine ours.

China has a lot to thank Trump for.
China is desperately trying to convince the world that the US is the culprit in order to take the too obvious onus off of itself. Looks like you're convinced that will work.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-22-2020 at 10:57 PM..
Old 04-22-2020, 08:12 PM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So according to you (the non-ignorant one), only the president can make a reckless policy decision during a pandemic. No one else in any level of government, according to you, can make a stupid policy decision, based on what was known at the time. Of all the elected officials at the local, state, and federal level, only one person is accountable for his decisions. You say that everyone else gets a pass. Or is it just the democrats, perhaps?

You really should be teaching civics to high schoolers all over the world. Your knowledge is wasted here.
I never said only the president so why do you need to lie? You're a compulsive liar. See I can insult you too.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:14 PM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
Just grow a pair and either respond, or admit he's right. What are you afraid will happen if you do so. In all honesty, what are you afraid will happen?
I dont read his posts. Go look at the response he just posted. Who wants to go through all that. I know you've been a little ignorant lately but it's not about growing a pair it's about wasting time reading through all that.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:15 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
I never said only the president so why do you need to lie? You're a compulsive liar. See I can insult you too.
your defense of
pelosi and diblasio is that they’re not the president. you didn’t try to claim that their statements weren’t stupid.

you said the speaker of the house, and the mayor of nyc, shouldn’t be criticized because they’re not president.

i love it when people claim they didn’t say what jay just said.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:18 PM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
"And you continue to defend him "

In this thread, I said I can't stand his style. And in hindsight, obviously he should have done more. However, it's a naked re-writing of very recent history, to claim there was any kind of consensus then, that he should have gone much further. Your ilk called him a dictator for doing the one thing he did! Go back and read what Pelosi, Biden, Schumer, and all the news sites where you get you facts, had to say in January. The consensus was that it wasn't a big deal.
big deal not defending his style. Pat yourself self on the back for that if you want. You and your ilk must have got really tingly when he stood on the stage and made fun of retards and spazzes. Did you feel a little tingle when he did that.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:19 PM   #43
Jim in CT

paul, how could
you know that pelosi and
diblasio shouldn’t have known better when they made those statements? you defended them
by saying they don’t get trumps briefings. but how do you know, how could
you possibly know, what briefings they do get?

if you claim trump
should have known better in january, how do you know they shouldn’t have known better in late february?
Old 04-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
paul, how could
you know that pelosi and
diblasio shouldn’t have known better when they made those statements? you defended them
by saying they don’t get trumps briefings. but how do you know, how could
you possibly know, what briefings they do get?

if you claim trump
should have known better in january, how do you know they shouldn’t have known better in late february?
Because you and your ilk fail to acknowledge that they did not get the briefings that he had.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:26 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
China is desperately trying to convince the world that the US is the culprit in order to take the too obvious onus off of itself. Looks like you're convinced that will work.
We will sort China's responsibility out later with a different government.
Meanwhile we need to get thru this crisis in our country with the current "leader" who aligned himself with Xi and would rather be golfing.

He downplayed it.
He failed to take action, make no mistake the President is responsible for the administration of the federal government. It's his job.
He is ultimately responsible for the death of thousands of Americans.
If he doesn't feel that, WTF is he even doing in that office?

As someone quoted Eisenhower on this site several days ago: "Leadership consists of nothing but taking responsibility for everything that goes wrong and giving your subordinates credit for everything that goes well."

Leadership is not casting blame on anyone within range. When you point a finger remember that there are four fingers pointing back at you.

Now feel free to just kick my ball into the trap, like Trump*

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-22-2020, 08:31 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
We will sort China's responsibility out later with a different government.
Meanwhile we need to get thru this crisis in our country with the current "leader" who aligned himself with Xi and would rather be golfing.

He downplayed it.
He failed to take action, make no mistake the President is responsible for the administration of the federal government. It's his job.
He is ultimately responsible for the death of thousands of Americans.
If he doesn't feel that, WTF is he even doing in that office?

As someone quoted Eisenhower on this site several days ago: "Leadership consists of nothing but taking responsibility for everything that goes wrong and giving your subordinates credit for everything that goes well."

Leadership is not casting blame on anyone within range. When you point a finger remember that there are four fingers pointing back at you.

Now feel free to just kick my ball into the trap, like Trump*
OK, so when you don't cut and paste someone else's stuff and have to resort to writing your own, it often results in ad hominem bilge like your post here.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:49 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because you and your ilk fail to acknowledge that they did not get the briefings that he had.
so you’re saying that trump knew more in january, than pelosi and diblasio knew in late february. how could you know that? i know that satisfies your need to put all blame in trump, but that doesn’t make it so.

your story is that trump knew how serious this was in january, but the speaker of the house, and the mayor of new york, didn’t know that in late february.

you’re sticking with that?
Old 04-22-2020, 09:01 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
OK, so when you don't cut and paste someone else's stuff and have to resort to writing your own, it often results in ad hominem bilge like your post here.
Since you are the master of regurgitation or re-visualization, you are not exhibiting presentable footwedge skills at all.

It must be tiring to be on the continually failing team, especially when they told you that you would get sick of winning, or did they say whining?

Oh, by the way
Tomorrow we will be way past "someday like a miracle it will go away". Fifty thousand past that.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-22-2020, 09:05 PM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Since you are the master of regurgitation or re-visualization, you are not exhibiting presentable footwedge skills at all.

It must be tiring to be on the continually failing team, especially when they told you that you would get sick of winning, or did they say whining?
Exactly . . . or whatever

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-23-2020 at 05:13 AM..
Old 04-22-2020, 09:16 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

A couple of simple questions

The USA has the most comprehensive spy satellites, analysis systems and intelligence analysts in the world.
True or false?
The USA knew in mid to late December that traffic was severely diminished in Wuhan.
True or false?
The intelligence community failed to alert the administration of this when they knew it?
True or false?
In combination with other intelligence reports, WHO reports and allied intelligence there was obviously something happening in the Wuhan vicinity.
True or false?
Nobody knew.
True or false?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-22-2020, 09:43 PM   #51
detbuch

Quote:
A couple of simple questions

The USA has the most comprehensive spy satellites, analysis systems and intelligence analysts in the world.
True or false?
The USA knew in mid to late December that traffic was severely diminished in Wuhan.
True or false?
The intelligence community failed to alert the administration of this when they knew it?
True or false?
In combination with other intelligence reports, WHO reports and allied intelligence there was obviously something happening in the Wuhan vicinity.
True or false?
Nobody knew.
True or false?
Elementary!
Old 04-22-2020, 09:43 PM   #52
Sea Dangles

Tic
Tac
Toe
Old 04-23-2020, 04:52 AM   #53
scottw

Quote:

You and your ilk

I love when Paul gets a new word or phrase and then uses it repeatedly.....
Old 04-23-2020, 06:51 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
For the tenth time, how do you know what briefings Nancy Pelosi and Bill Diblasio had?
Old 04-23-2020, 07:02 AM   #55
scottw

Quote:
For the tenth time, how do you know what briefings Nancy Pelosi and Bill Diblasio had?
I heard Biden briefed them from his basement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	94488787_3000361440047537_2697044010811260928_o.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	67084  
Old 04-23-2020, 07:36 AM   #56
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I love when Paul gets a new word or phrase and then uses it repeatedly.....
Sorry, I already had that word in my vocabulary as it has been used here repeatedly. I just decided to lower myself to Jim's level and insult him with the same type of insults he throws out around here. Given your constant review of anyone's posts who doesn't bow down to Trump's failings to try to find a typo or think of something snarky to say, I would have thought you would know that
Old 04-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Elementary!
Trump*s next presser will replace Fauci with Dr Phil, a Michigan militia guy with a "Coronna can kiss my Confederate ass" tattoo, and 3 family members of people who died of the flu during Obama's presidency.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #58
scottw

Quote:

I just decided to lower myself to Jim's level and insult him with the same type of insults he throws out around here.
this is childish
Old 04-23-2020, 07:43 AM   #59
scottw

Quote:

Trump*s next presser will replace Fauci with Dr Phil, a Michigan militia guy with a "Coronna can kiss my Confederate ass" tattoo, and 3 family members of people who died of the flu during Obama's presidency.

well pete...you are usually right about these things
Old 04-23-2020, 07:52 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sorry, I already had that word in my vocabulary as it has been used here repeatedly. I just decided to lower myself to Jim's level and insult him with the same type of insults he throws out around here. Given your constant review of anyone's posts who doesn't bow down to Trump's failings to try to find a typo or think of something snarky to say, I would have thought you would know that
Here's a question, with zero insults...how do you happen to know what briefings Pelosi and Diblasio have had? Doesn't it make sense that the mayor of New York City (of all places) would be told everything he needs to know during a pandemic, so that he can make wise public policy decisions?

Wait, now I know what happened...Trump knew in January that it was bad. But he lied to Pelosi and Diblasio, because he wanted them to tell their constituents (all of whom vote democrat) to keep going out in public, in the hope that everyone in San Francisco and New York City would die before the election. That must be it.