Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
He is lucky someone with CCW didn't blow his brains all over the streets....
and why would they do that? he didn't threaten anyone that I've seen, he was chased and beaten by lunatics...he defended himself...I believe the guy with the missing bicep was armed...the kid was a better shot
Old 09-03-2020, 12:52 PM   #32
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

He went out of his way looking for exactly what happened to transpire, your deluding yourself if he was there to defend a neighbors store, he got what he wanted.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:04 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
He went out of his way looking for exactly what happened to transpire, your deluding yourself if he was there to defend a neighbors store, he got what he wanted.
Ahh. Mind reading.
Old 09-03-2020, 01:20 PM   #34
scottw

give them credit for consistency on this one...rapist gets shot resisting arrest while brandishing a weapon and they support the rapist....three rioting loons get shot attacking a kid and they support the rioting loons
Old 09-03-2020, 01:36 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

The head victim and generally immature individual in the White House tweets

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
· 58m
Crazy Nancy Pelosi said she was “set up” by the beauty parlor owner when she improperly had the salon opened (and didn’t wear a MASK!). Does anyone want a Speaker of the House who can be so easily SET UP?

Because the Speaker, who's running essentially unopposed, lives rent free in his brain, next door to Hilary & 44, while Putin holds the Deed on his ability to remain in office. It’s complicated, to say the least.

So while he's majoring in the minor, people are dying from Covid on his watch & he doesn’t have a plan. Russia paid bounties for the death of American service members & he doesn’t have a response.

But he'll gladly distract from what you should be paying attention to on his watch.............

190,000 Dead
6.3 Million infected

Americans marching in the streets

Wackos on the left and right in armed combat

How many million unemployed

A friendly reminder that trump’s economy is actually historically bad but the treasury spent $7T of your future tax dollars to buy corporate debt & bonds to falsely prop up the stock market. How else could it do so well? The stock market is not the economy.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-03-2020, 02:17 PM   #36
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
give them credit for consistency on this one...rapist gets shot resisting arrest while brandishing a weapon and they support the rapist....three rioting loons get shot attacking a kid and they support the rioting loons
And Then they bring up past behavior as if that is supposed to justify that. I thought we’re not supposed to do that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #37
spence

Quote:
It's worth noting that he isn't a rapist and the protesters were trying to disarm an active shooter.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I saw the same footage. What I saw, is a woman who scolds people for not wearing a mask, not wearing a mask as she was walking across the room. Is that not what you saw?
Wow jim 3 people in a room 2 with masks and 6ft apart oh the horror.. 6 steps with out a Mask .. 1500 with out mask south law and Trump since the start of the pandemic. But that's ok
Old 09-03-2020, 03:57 PM   #39
wdmso

Quote:
Oh so now he was brandishing a weapon

You do know that brandshing a weapon for a black guy it gets him 7 in the back. But 2 white folks brandishing 2 weapons gets you to speak at the RNC
Old 09-03-2020, 03:59 PM   #40
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Oh so now he was brandishing a weapon

You do know that brandshing a weapon for a black guy it gets him 7 in the back. But 2 white folks brandishing 2 weapons gets you to speak at the RNC
Wasn't brandishing a weapon.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Wasn't brandishing a weapon.
I know ,, still waiting to see that video scott saw showing that. And the one of the kid just minding his busines out for a stroll having to defend himself 3 different times
Old 09-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #42
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
and why would they do that? he didn't threaten anyone that I've seen, he was chased and beaten by lunatics...he defended himself...I believe the guy with the missing bicep was armed...the kid was a better shot
The kid... the seventeen year old kid should have been at home, not out openly carrying an AR-15. He wasn't necessarily a better shot, he was definitely better armed... Furthermore, he tripped and fell. He was not beaten before he fired. And what was he thinking? Clearly he was not acting as a member of an organized militia. He was out for adventure, IMO. (NOT mind reading here, Jim.) Hell, if I was out there, (big if, mind you) and I see a young gunman running down the street, not wearing a uniform that I know, hell yeah, I am more than likely ready to train my weapon on him as the immediate risk. As I said, he was lucky it was just fools out in the streets that night.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:42 PM   #43
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Ross that’s way to logical, they don’t respond well to if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and looks like a duck it must be a duck; nope they see a turtle.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:54 PM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
The kid... the seventeen year old kid should have been at home, not out.
My mom would have kicked my butt.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's worth noting that he isn't a rapist and the protesters were trying to disarm an active shooter.
a sincere question...he wasn't wanted on a warrant for committing a sex crime against the mother of his kids?
Old 09-03-2020, 07:47 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow jim 3 people in a room 2 with masks and 6ft apart oh the horror..
If what Pelosi did is OK, why cant the salons open so that other citizens can enjoy the same services she received?

Have fun answering that.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #47
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
a sincere question...he wasn't wanted on a warrant for committing a sex crime against the mother of his kids?
I'm sure #MeToo would have a different perspective

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
The kid... the seventeen year old kid should have been at home, not out openly carrying an AR-15. He wasn't necessarily a better shot, he was definitely better armed... Furthermore, he tripped and fell. He was not beaten before he fired. And what was he thinking? Clearly he was not acting as a member of an organized militia. He was out for adventure, IMO. (NOT mind reading here, Jim.) Hell, if I was out there, (big if, mind you) and I see a young gunman running down the street, not wearing a uniform that I know, hell yeah, I am more than likely ready to train my weapon on him as the immediate risk. As I said, he was lucky it was just fools out in the streets that night.
What has his age got to do with it? What were all those other people older than him there for? Did their age somehow give them more intellegence, qualification, or reason to be there?

He was being chased by several men. When he fell, they started to swarm on him, one appeared ready to stomp on him, then he opened fire. At that point, it looked like self defense to me. But, maybe the trial will bring out whatever the truth is, or bring out whatever the truth is supposed to be according to those who will make the final judgment.

As far as his age goes in determining whether he is a misguided fool or a supposed hero, we still have Greta Thunberg, same age, out there stumping for climate control. She is celebrated, honored, glorified, especially because of her age--almost an insult to all the adults who sit quietly at home and say nothing.

I guess it depends on which "side" your on if it's OK, or even really good, for a 17 year old to jump into the fray.
Old 09-04-2020, 05:38 AM   #49
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What has his age got to do with it? What were all those other people older than him there for? Did their age somehow give them more intellegence, qualification, or reason to be there?

He was being chased by several men. When he fell, they started to swarm on him, one appeared ready to stomp on him, then he opened fire. At that point, it looked like self defense to me. But, maybe the trial will bring out whatever the truth is, or bring out whatever the truth is supposed to be according to those who will make the final judgment.

As far as his age goes in determining whether he is a misguided fool or a supposed hero, we still have Greta Thunberg, same age, out there stumping for climate control. She is celebrated, honored, glorified, especially because of her age--almost an insult to all the adults who sit quietly at home and say nothing.

I guess it depends on which "side" your on if it's OK, or even really good, for a 17 year old to jump into the fray.
I missed the part where Greta shot people.... Maybe it was on the sailboat and word never got around....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-04-2020, 06:55 AM   #50
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
What has his age got to do with it? What were all those other UNARMED people older than him there for? Did their age somehow give them more intellegence, qualification, or reason to be there WITHOUT THE NEED TO BRANDISH AN AR-15?
Look, I am not agreeing or siding with protestors here. But I will try to make an unbiased decision about right vs wrong when it comes to the use of firearms and deadly force. This isn't political. Every damn thing seems to be tied to pro Trump or anti Trump. This is not an all or none world...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:40 AM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
If what Pelosi did is OK, why cant the salons open so that other citizens can enjoy the same services she received?

Have fun answering that.
Ask the owner she allowed it..

Jim are you responsible for a restaurant adherence to board of health standards ...

I went to a brewery the other day and said we were just having drinks

Was told you must order food you can't just drink

A perfect example of who knows the rules of the state and town ordinance..

But do what you do best ansking the same question differently expecting a diffrent answer
Old 09-04-2020, 08:50 AM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I missed the part where Greta shot people.... Maybe it was on the sailboat and word never got around....
I responded to age being an issue. And nobody chased Greta with intent to seriously harm or kill her. I'm just guessing. Don't know for sure. But if several men did chase her down because of what she said, and she had a gun, I'm guessing you'd be OK with her shooting them.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:15 AM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
Look, I am not agreeing or siding with protestors here. But I will try to make an unbiased decision about right vs wrong when it comes to the use of firearms and deadly force. This isn't political. Every damn thing seems to be tied to pro Trump or anti Trump. This is not an all or none world...
First, it's not true that all those older "protesters" were unarmed, as you edited my post to say, one of them chasing him had a pistol and another during the chase fired a shot in the air.

I agree that everything seems to be tied to pro Trump or anti Trump. Except I don't think that it is merely "seems." It is intentional. Making it about Trump is the way to hide real issues and intents.

Just for the sake of argument, take Trump out of the equation and every thing else remains the same. Analyzing it that way might clarify what is actually happening.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ask the owner she allowed it..

Jim are you responsible for a restaurant adherence to board of health standards ...

I went to a brewery the other day and said we were just having drinks

Was told you must order food you can't just drink

A perfect example of who knows the rules of the state and town ordinance..

But do what you do best ansking the same question differently expecting a diffrent answer
the salon owner doesn’t make laws. pelosi does.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:22 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I'm sure #MeToo would have a different perspective
it appears the lefts opposition to mistreating women, is highly selective. which means it’s fake.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #56
spence

Quote:
She made an accusation he touched her inappropriately or something. Not nothing but also not confirmed or rape by any standards.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:24 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
She made an accusation he touched her inappropriately or something. Not nothing but also not confirmed or rape by any standards.
was there a warrant for his arrest?

and man oh man, NOW we see you play the “innocent until proven guilty” card. whenever the accused is sympathetic to liberalism, they are presumed innocent. is that how it works?
Old 09-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
penetration with the finger, without consent, isnt rape?
Old 09-04-2020, 11:38 AM   #59
spence

Quote:
penetration with the finger, without consent, isnt rape?
I've not read that is what occurred. Not arguing he's a great guy but not worthy of 7 shots in the back.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
I've not read that is what occurred. Not arguing he's a great guy but not worthy of 7 shots in the back.
that’s what i saw, on CNN actually. that’s not why he got shot. he got shot for repeatedly and violently resisting the non-lethal ways the cops tried to subdue him.

the cops didn’t pull up
and shoot him without warning.

spence, do you have any doubt that he’s be alive if he just complied?