Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the single worst insult i’ve seen in this forum, was your use of the word regard. Disgusting. So again, get over yourself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That is no where near as bad as the vile insults you throw around about women you don't like, comment on their looks or telling members here to pull their tampon out. But you support someone who mocks the handicapped and try making excuses by saying he was mocking their "appearance" or he has done it other times to non handicapped so somehow that meant he wasn't mocking a handicapped person. What type of convoluted thought process is that?

You constantly insult people. So act like a grown up man. Try setting an example for people.

Are you going to give yourself another 6 month time out?
Old 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM   #32
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

You asked the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
the government is giving out free crack pipes?
Then I answered your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Yesterday they were crack pipes, today they are smoking kits, gotta love our media for getting the facts straight.
And you decided to be an adult with this post

Quote:
Well you were wrong correct? I know how you spend a lot of time fact checking people here. I was shocked you didn't come back and correct your wrong post.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:55 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You asked the question

Then I answered your question

And you decided to be an adult with this post

Right between you and I Jim feels he needs to stick his nose in it every post that he sees as if you can't defend yourself.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:22 PM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
That is no where near as bad as the vile insults you throw around about women you don't like, comment on their looks or telling members here to pull their tampon out. But you support someone who mocks the handicapped and try making excuses by saying he was mocking their "appearance" or he has done it other times to non handicapped so somehow that meant he wasn't mocking a handicapped person. What type of convoluted thought process is that?

You constantly insult people. So act like a grown up man. Try setting an example for people.

Are you going to give yourself another 6 month time out?
i’ve never once invoked others misfortune to insult anyone else. never once.

i’m very impressed that in your opinion, your insults are ok.

you support someone with a rape allegation, a plagiarist, who sold influence to enrich his son, who promised to cure cancer, lied about getting arrested with nelson mandela, said republicans want blacks in chains.

“But it’s ok when democrats do it.”.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #35
spence

Quote:
the single worst insult i’ve seen in this forum, was your use of the word regard. Disgusting. So again, get over yourself.

archie bunker telling me to cut down on the insults.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:47 PM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
i’ve never once invoked others misfortune to insult anyone else. never once.

i’m very impressed that in your opinion, your insults are ok.

you support someone with a rape allegation, a plagiarist, who sold influence to enrich his son, who promised to cure cancer, lied about getting arrested with nelson mandela, said republicans want blacks in chains.

“But it’s ok when democrats do it.”.
I never said that but you have set the bar so low here. Why should anyone behave different than how you behave?

Did you notice how the tone of this whole forum changed when you took your 6 months time out and how it again changed - for the worse when you came back? What was the common denominator in those events?
Old 02-10-2022, 08:02 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
I never said that but you have set the bar so low here. Why should anyone behave different than how you behave?

Did you notice how the tone of this whole forum changed when you took your 6 months time out and how it again changed - for the worse when you came back? What was the common denominator in those events?
when i use the word you used, you let me know, ok?

it’s ok when you call someone a retard, it’s ok when pete goes after TDFs kids, it’s ok when one of you brought up someone else’s sick wife. According to you, none of that is worth mentioning. You told
me you did t care about any of that.

Because everything is always ok when liberals do it. If there’s an alternative explanation action as to
why you are so selective about who you chastise, well, I’m all
ears. Have fun.

How would i notice what happened when i wasn’t here, exactly? maybe it was nice for you to be able to call people retards without anyone calling you out.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:08 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
a typo. wow. you got me.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:15 PM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
when i use the word you used, you let me know, ok?

it’s ok when you call someone a retard, it’s ok when pete goes after TDFs kids, it’s ok when one of you brought someone else’s sick wife. According to you, none of that is worth mentioning.

Because everything is always ok when liberals do it. If there’s an alternative explanation action ad to
why you are so selective about who you chastise, well, I’m all
ears. Have fun.

How would i notice what happened when i wasn’t here, exactly?
You let me know when I say vile things about women like you constantly have done in the past. Okay?

Pete recently pulled up the post that you say was about TDF kids and it was in a response to TDF's posting a picture of liberal kids. Pete went back with the basically the same thing as TDF did. So it's not nearly how you try to imply it is.

It's not okay when Liberals do something. I just think you're such a scummy person that I take special interest in your posts as I've never met someone as angry as you who constantly insults anybody who they disagree with. That was fun, thanks.

Go look at the posts that were started in the time frame you were on your 6 month time out and look at the tone versus when you're around. you'll see the difference in tone and amount of insults and realize that the only common denominator during that time is you. That's very telling.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-10-2022 at 08:20 PM..
Old 02-10-2022, 08:18 PM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
maybe it was nice for you to be able to call people retards without anyone calling you out.
Missed your edit. I never called anybody a retard so pull up the quote. You're trying to do exactly what you try to do with Pete.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:20 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Missed your edit. I never called anybody a retard so pull up the quote. You're trying to do exactly what you try to do with Pete.
oh so you’re just lying now. we’ve discussed it 100 times, and only now, you deny you said it. you’re going to claim you never used that word, then never insisted that you didn’t say anything wrong?

Old 02-10-2022, 08:31 PM   #42
PaulS

Quote:
oh so you’re just lying now. we’ve discussed it 100 times, and only now, you deny you said it. you’re going to claim you never used that word, then never insisted that you didn’t say anything wrong?

Pull up the quote because I'm calling you a liar. I didn't say I didn't use the word but I never called someone a retard. I am calling you a liar now for saying that. And pull up Pete's quote also and we can see how you lied about both of them.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:43 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pull up the quote because I'm calling you a liar. I didn't say I didn't use the word but I never called someone a retard. I am calling you a liar now for saying that. And pull up Pete's quote also and we can see how you lied about both of them.
Here are your un-edited words, I'll follow with a link too, I hope the link works.

You and I have debated this many many times. You specifically told me there was nothing wrong with your use of that word. The fact that almost everyone else on the planet finds it deeply offensive, doesn't matter.

your exact words, where you freely admit you use that word...

"I used the word spazz and retard to make fun of you trumplicans"

From here...

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...=retard&page=2

Couldn't find the thread where you first used it and we got into it. But in that post of yours, you explicitly admit you use it specifically to make fun of people who voted for someone you don't like.

Tell me again I'm lying.

"I never called someone a retard."

"I used the word spazz and retard to make fun of you trumplicans"

Which of Pete's threads are you referring to? You're denying that Pete went after TDF's kids? Ask TDF, I'm guessing he remembers, I told Pete what I thought of that, and I told TDF he could kick me off the board if he had to because of my response to Pete. As always, TDF was a lot more mature than I was. Pete made fun of his kids, because TDF doesn't agree with everything Pete says. That's what happened. And you, by my recollection and your own admission, used that awful word to describe people who didn't choose to vote for that embodiment of virtue and goodness, Hilary Clinton.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:09 PM   #44
PaulS

Quote:
Here are your un-edited words, I'll follow with a link too, I hope the link works.

You and I have debated this many many times. You specifically told me there was nothing wrong with your use of that word. The fact that almost everyone else on the planet finds it deeply offensive, doesn't matter.

your exact words, where you freely admit you use that word...I admit I used that word and never said I didn't

"I used the word spazz and retard to make fun of you trumplicans"Here is the full quote from that post - "I told you numerous times I used the word spazz and retard to make fun of you trumplicans who had no problem with Trump up there mimicking a person with a disability. Did you not understand that the first three times I told you?" You responded to my original quote but w/o questioning the word retard or spazz until the thread died. So somehow it didn't bother you at the time.

From here...

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...=retard&page=2

Couldn't find the thread where you first used it and we got into it. But in that post of yours, you explicitly admit you use it specifically to make fun of people who voted for someone you don't like.That is not what ever happened.

Tell me again I'm lying.Yes, that is a lie. I never said that.

"I never called someone a retard."

"I used the word spazz and retard to make fun of you trumplicans" And when I first used it it was after someone else used the word retard and spazz (not here but it was known). I know the thread and in it you have no problem with that usage at the time.

Which of Pete's threads are you referring to? You're denying that Pete went after TDF's kids? It was in response to TDF posting a meme about liberal kids and Pete said something like is that a picture of your kids? so that is not at all like you implyAsk TDF, I'm guessing he remembers, I told Pete what I thought of that, and I told TDF he could kick me off the board if he had to because of my response to Pete. As always, TDF was a lot more mature than I was. Pete made fun of his kids, because TDF doesn't agree with everything Pete says. That's what happened. And you, by my recollection and your own admission, used that awful word to describe people who didn't choose to vote for that embodiment of virtue and goodness, Hilary Clinton.
NM
Old 02-11-2022, 05:46 PM   #45
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Exon, Chevron, Shell, BP all seeing highest profit in 8 years, while gas prices are the highest in 7 years, must be inflation and Bidens fault. Couldn’t possibly be price gouging we are all seeing by corporate greed.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:36 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Exon, Chevron, Shell, BP all seeing highest profit in 8 years, while gas prices are the highest in 7 years, must be inflation and Bidens fault. Couldn’t possibly be price gouging we are all seeing by corporate greed.
Those companies also got creamed when gas prices plummeted in 2020. If they had the ability to set price unilaterally, they'd have never let gas prices get that low.

The president has some impact om gas prices, but there are other more powerful forces. Gas prices didn't plummet in 2020 because of Trump, they plummeted because covid destroyed global demand.

Biden isn't responsible for all of the price increases, prices would have gone up regardless because global demand is rebounding. But Biden is seen as less friendly to the gas industry than Trump, which fuels speculation that supply will decrease.

Like it or not, the president often gets blamed for what happens on his watch/ George Bush had very little, if anything, to do with the subprime mortgage crisis, but it happened on his watch, and the left sure didn't complain about the unfairness of it.

Similarly, Biden will own this.

On the flipside, the virus is dissipating, and that would have happened regardless of who won in 2020 (we were vaccinating almost a million people a day before Biden took office), and Biden will get credit for that.

I'm just surprised his polling is this low, this consistently. I'm not complaining, but I'm surprised.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:52 PM   #47
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Remember polls said Trump could never beat Hillary and there are polls believe them or not, that over 65% of Americans don’t believe polls.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:07 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Remember polls said Trump could never beat Hillary and there are polls believe them or not, that over 65% of Americans don’t believe polls.
very true.
Old 02-12-2022, 05:36 AM   #49
scottw

Quote:
actually IBD predicted a Trump win and I believe one or two others....but the leftist media polls outlets openly supported Hillary and produced polls that were often used to support her campaign and depress trump support, and then there were the smug leftists that mocked and scoffed at the idea of a trump win....

so now those same leftist media outlets that openly supported hillary and now biden are showing disastrous polling for biden

this means that biden is probably doing much worse than his polls show since those doing much of the polling openly support him and his policies and will skew in his favor at every opportunity
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9172.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	358.1 KB
ID:	68746  
Old 02-12-2022, 05:41 AM   #50
scottw

Quote:
very true.
the polls that say people don't believe the polls....those are the best
Old 02-12-2022, 07:06 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
the polls that say people don't believe the polls....those are the best
it’s a very layered scenario.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:08 AM   #52
scottw

USA TODAY FEB 18
Why is Biden now less popular than Trump? He's earned it.

'Lower than Trump' is hardly the first year result the White House expected.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:49 AM   #53
wdmso

Quote:
USA TODAY FEB 18
Why is Biden now less popular than Trump? He's earned it.

'Lower than Trump' is hardly the first year result the White House expected.

I’ll use the defense of Trumps low poll numbers by the faithful

He’s still POTUS
And 3 years to go!
Old 02-21-2022, 10:10 AM   #54
wdmso

Quote:

I'm just surprised his polling is this low, this consistently. I'm not complaining, but I'm surprised.

Iam not surprised the avg American is impatient has no historical memory has no concept of the world around them and how things actually works . They expect instant results

Their entire view is driven by 3 things they interact with on a daily bases Gas prices ,food Prices and what’s on their Phones

Seeing what happening in the US thinking it’s only happening in the US

Don’t try to tell them prices are up on cars gas food durable goods because supply is out stripping demand , What until interest rates hit 10% many Americans have never experienced ! just like this inflation..

They don’t understand they get angry and with in a year they vote in the last Party they just got rid of and start the cycle all over again .
Old 02-21-2022, 10:18 AM   #55
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Iam not surprised the avg American is impatient has no historical memory has no concept of the world around them and how things actually works .

I love comments like this...I bet the average American is much smarter than you
Old 02-21-2022, 11:48 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
I’ll use the defense of Trumps low poll numbers by the faithful

He’s still POTUS
And 3 years to go!
the poll compares where biden is now, to where trump was at the same time ( 1 year i ).

so i’m sorry to tell you, it’s an apples to apples poll.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:49 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Iam not surprised the avg American is impatient has no historical memory has no concept of the world around them and how things actually works .
projection.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:

Don’t try to tell them prices are up on cars gas food durable goods because supply is out stripping demand ,

anyone got that gibberish to english dictionary handy?

prices are up because we dumped way to much cash into the economy, and because supply chains are interrupted.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:10 PM   #59
scottw

Quote:

Don’t try to tell them prices are up on cars gas food durable goods because supply is out stripping demand ,

Quote:

anyone got that gibberish to english dictionary handy?

most Americans are wondering what the heck he is talking about...

don't prices go up when demand exceeds supply? not when there is more supply than demand
Old 02-21-2022, 01:20 PM   #60
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
don't prices go up when demand exceeds supply? not when there is more supply than demand
One would think…..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."