Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-01-2022, 11:30 AM   #91
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Gallup reports that 56% said they're better off than in 2016, but 56% also said President Donald Trump does not deserve to be reelected.

Whats the thing Jim says 2 things can be True at the same time

But feel free to think that poll gives credit to Trumps policy’s because it didn’t
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well, if they're better off, there must be a reason for it. And Trump was President. And we always give credit or blame to the President for our condition. Sooo . . .

And if, on the question of deserving to be re-elected, a small minority of those who said they were better off didn't like the way or demeanor used to achieve the "better #^&#^&#^&#^& joined the 44% who didn't think they were "better off," then you could get a majority to say he didn't deserve to be re-elected, even though they were "better off."

So your "But feel free to think that poll gives credit to Trumps policy’s because it didn’t" (which is sort of a contradictory construction--feel free to give credit for something BECAUSE it is wrong) is more presumptuous than definitive.

Anyway, most polls are stupid.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:35 AM   #92
Jim in CT

Quote:
Gallup reports that 56% said they're better off than in 2016, but 56% also said President Donald Trump does not deserve to be reelected.

Whats the thing Jim says 2 things can be True at the same time

But feel free to think that poll gives credit to Trumps policy’s because it didn’t
so why did a record number of americans say they were better off? if it wasn’t an endorsement of trumps policies, why did a record number of
americans say they were better off than before he took office?

jobs, tax cuts, sound national security. it’s not rocket science. people
liked it.
Old 03-01-2022, 12:04 PM   #93
Jim in CT

Quote:

What the thing Jim says 2 things can be True at the same time

But feel free to think that poll gives credit to Trumps policy’s
"What the thing Jim says 2 things can be True at the same time"

And the two things you are claiming are true, are:

(1) America hated Trump personally, and
(2) American hated Trumps policies.

We all know you want to believe that. But life was great until covid hit. Obviously he wasn't responsible for all of that (you'd say he was responsible for none of it, and also caused every single covid death).

Americans liked chaep gas, tax cuts, feeling relatively safe, not getting involved in questionable wars, insanely low unemployment, soaring stock markets. It was a peaceful and prosperous time. Just because you hate that fact, doesn't mean it's not a fact.
Old 03-01-2022, 01:39 PM   #94
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"What the thing Jim says 2 things can be True at the same time"

And the two things you are claiming are true, are:

(1) America hated Trump personally, and
(2) American hated Trumps policies.

We all know you want to believe that. But life was great until covid hit. Obviously he wasn't responsible for all of that (you'd say he was responsible for none of it, and also caused every single covid death).

Americans liked chaep gas, tax cuts, feeling relatively safe, not getting involved in questionable wars, insanely low unemployment, soaring stock markets. It was a peaceful and prosperous time. Just because you hate that fact, doesn't mean it's not a fact.
Not claiming anything ! you are . the poll doesn’t ask if they liked his policy’s that’s your spin

The poll did however say they didn’t want him re elected
And not just because of mean Tweets like his fans love to suggest

your horse lost move on .
Old 03-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #95
Jim in CT

Quote:

your horse lost move on .
right! im the one who can’t stop talking about trump. fortunately i saved that post of yours.
Old 03-01-2022, 01:48 PM   #96
wdmso

Maybe this will help you understand and it goes both ways
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74FD1780-4316-4E74-9D9B-19337EF31C83.png
Views:	99
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	68762  
Old 03-01-2022, 01:53 PM   #97
Jim in CT

Quote:
the thing is, is doesnt go both ways. only one side gets censored en masse.
Old 03-01-2022, 01:54 PM   #98
Jim in CT

Quote:
hunter hide a laptop story wasn’t bs. and it was buried because of the election.
Old 03-01-2022, 05:41 PM   #99
scottw

can't wait for the far whacko democrat response to the delusional democrat state of the union republicans should have marjorie taylor greene give their response for balance
Old 03-01-2022, 06:07 PM   #100
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Probably be a lot of discussion about…you know…..Russia….doing …umm…..that.thing
Old 03-01-2022, 07:36 PM   #101
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Probably be a lot of discussion about…you know…..Russia….doing …umm…..that.thing
i heard the squad is blaming American imperialism for that russia thing
Old 03-01-2022, 08:08 PM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Biden is getting ready to go all Corn Pop on Putin’s azz.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:23 PM   #103
Pete F.
Canceled

I see the neo’s have gone woke
🤡s
Old 03-02-2022, 07:40 AM   #104
wdmso

Quote:
hunter hide a laptop story wasn’t bs. and it was buried because of the election.
And Trump won the election

Keep up the fight
Old 03-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #105
scottw

POLITICO
03/01/2022

STATE OF THE UNION

Biden’s approval rating drops ahead of State of the Union

build back brandon could really use a bump....
Old 03-02-2022, 08:12 AM   #106
scottw

Quote:

And Trump won the election

Keep up the fight

see...I'm pretty sure Jim has acknowledged over and over that he didn't...but you insist...so who is crazy?
Old 03-02-2022, 09:31 AM   #107
scottw

four Pinocchio's...

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...bBNeU_AvIlluYo
Old 03-02-2022, 09:48 AM   #108
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
see...I'm pretty sure Jim has acknowledged over and over that he didn't...but you insist...so who is crazy?
doesn’t matter how many times i say he lost, wayne can’t process that a republican might be capable of honesty. we all must be evil.
Old 03-02-2022, 09:51 AM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
biden also told the oft-repeated lie that Trumps tax cuts only helped the1%. they massively increased the child tax credits ( which most of the 1% don’t qualify for) which saves me (not in the 1%) over $200 a month.

god forbid he tell the truth.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #110
scottw

Good News for BRANDON!

Most speech watchers say State of the Union made them feel optimistic, proud - CBS News poll

BY JENNIFER DE PINTO, FRED BACKUS, ANTHONY SALVANTO, KABIR KHANNA

MARCH 2, 2022

wait...wait...noooo...read down a little

In the latest CBS national poll released earlier this week, 34% of Americans identified themselves as Democrats. Among those who watched tonight's speech, that percentage was 49%.

so democrats who watched the speech were happy....I'm glad for them..probably need a little good news
Old 03-02-2022, 01:51 PM   #111
scottw

apparently "you can't build a wall high enough to keep out a vaccine"....

isn't all of this written down for him?

I bet it was going to be a clever line..a majority of democrats watching stood and applauded

https://twitter.com/i/status/1498854486353272833
Old 03-03-2022, 11:04 PM   #112
scottw

this just in!...thought he'd get a bump from that masterful state of the union...

Pennsylvanians say they are worse off now than they were a year ago and believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, according to the results of a Franklin & Marshall College poll released Thursday. Those views helped knock President Joe Biden’s approval rating to a new low in the poll and signals problems for Democrats as the 2022 midterm election approaches.

Biden lost significant ground among self-identified Democrats, independents and moderates. The president’s approval rating dropped 20 percentage points, from 78% to 58%, among Democrats, and by 12 points among moderates (dropping from 50% to 38%), according to the poll. Support among independents declined by 13 points, from 38% to 25%

“Voters aren’t wild about the president’s performance, and that has consequences,” Yost added.

Biden’s overall approval rating (30%) reflects a significant drop from what the last Franklin & Marshall College poll results showed last summer.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:37 AM   #113
wdmso

yet the

U.S. added 678,000 jobs in February. It's another sign of a hot labor market

Like I said American Voters are

I always love this one "believe the country is headed in the wrong direction"

But they never say how or Why ?

3 more years LOL
Old 03-04-2022, 12:04 PM   #114
detbuch

Quote:
yet the

It became a hot labor market during Trump's adminstration becoming so after his tax policies enticed production back to this country and freed even smaller businesses to start up or expand. Then came the pandemic and the following worldwide market collapse.

The pandemic winding down and restrictions being eased or eliminated allowing the market to open up again should normally result in a huge demand for labor to return to production and services. After the initial regrowth to some previous normal, the measure of success will be told if new tax policies maintain growth, or suppress or reverse it.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:46 PM   #115
Jim in CT

Quote:
yet the

Like I said American Voters are

I always love this one "believe the country is headed in the wrong direction"

But they never say how or Why ?

3 more years LOL
yes they do say how and why, you just refuse to listen because a democrat is currently potus

crime, inflation, open borders, mental health issues, erosion of family values, culture that tells people to value how much crap they buy from china, too much time online, isolation from covid, drugs, insane cost of living in many places.

just because you choose to stick your fingers in your ears when they are explaining, doesn’t mean they aren’t explaining.
Old 03-04-2022, 04:11 PM   #116
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It became a hot labor market during Trump's adminstration becoming so after his tax policies enticed production back to this country and freed even smaller businesses to start up or expand. Then came the pandemic and the following worldwide market collapse.

The pandemic winding down and restrictions being eased or eliminated allowing the market to open up again should normally result in a huge demand for labor to return to production and services. After the initial regrowth to some previous normal, the measure of success will be told if new tax policies maintain growth, or suppress or reverse it.
If production came back to this country under Trump you would see it reflected in manufacturing payrolls
but you don't https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...uring-payrolls

Maybe you would see a jump in total employment https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...ployed-persons
Oops, no jump there either

Oddly enough, democratic presidents have better results with jobs and the economy than republicans.
The Democratic presidents were in office for a total of 429 months, with 164,000 jobs per month added on average, while the Republicans were in office for 475 months, with a 61,000 jobs added per month average. This monthly average rate was 2.4 times faster under Democratic presidents.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 03-04-2022, 04:40 PM   #117
wdmso

Quote:
yes they do say how and why, you just refuse to listen because a democrat is currently potus

crime, inflation, open borders, mental health issues, erosion of family values, culture that tells people to value how much crap they buy from china, too much time online, isolation from covid, drugs, insane cost of living in many places.

just because you choose to stick your fingers in your ears when they are explaining, doesn’t mean they aren’t explaining.

Ya Jim this just started happening under Biden!

You live in a fantasy
Old 03-04-2022, 05:56 PM   #118
Jim in CT

Quote:

Ya Jim this just started happening under Biden!

You live in a fantasy
didn't say they started under Biden. But they have gotten WORSE under Biden, and some of that is absolutely his fault.

"You live in a fantasy"

We can't all be as grounded in the real world, and hard cold facts, as you are.

It's not fantasy to say that Bidens polling is in the toilet. That's reality. Which one of us accepts that, and which one of us cannot accept it?

A whole lot can happen in 8 months. But he's absolutely in the toilet.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:26 PM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
If production came back to this country under Trump you would see it reflected in manufacturing payrolls
but you don't https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...uring-payrolls

Maybe you would see a jump in total employment https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...ployed-persons
Oops, no jump there either

Oddly enough, democratic presidents have better results with jobs and the economy than republicans.
The Democratic presidents were in office for a total of 429 months, with 164,000 jobs per month added on average, while the Republicans were in office for 475 months, with a 61,000 jobs added per month average. This monthly average rate was 2.4 times faster under Democratic presidents.
Don't know what that has to do with what I said. And it's too sketchy to mean much. It doesn't consider a whole host of conditions, world conditions at the time, wars, market collapses and timing of recoveries, types of jobs (government or private), sectors of the economy, small business growth, etc., etc.

My response was to wdmso's noting the current "hot labor market" under Biden. I noted that it was also under Trump until the pandemic.

As noted by this Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckde...h=2c8227f55635

Which was a kind of apples to oranges thing. When Trump took office, the economy had already recovered from a disaster, but much more slowly than it had traditionally recovered from previous meltdowns. Large and rapid growth is expected in a recovery from disaster. But it was growing far more slowly than it normally should have before the Trump administration came to power. So the growth was substantial considering Trump's starting point in an already growing economy.

The economic recovery happening now is shortly after its destruction, so it would be expected to have a larger percentage growth until it reaches a more normal status, from which the percentage of growth would decrease because a given percent (say 6%) growth from a smaller number of jobs, (during the beginning stages of recovery) would be difficult to sustain, would probably be an over-heating, in the latter stages of recovery in which many of the jobs, etc. had already grown in number--e.g.:6% of 10 is a much smaller number than 6% of 100, and 2 or 3% of 100 is a great deal larger than 6% of 10. It would not be possible to constantly sustain a 6% growth rate. The rate of growth would substantially decrease as the recovery progressed.

So the growth rate under Trump's recovery, considering its later position, was substantial. And the growth under Biden is to be expected considering its starting point. The Trump administration predicted that there would be a V shaped, "hot" recovery.

Which is not to retract from any good news now. Just to say, as wdmso would probably say if it were a Trump recovery at this time, that it's to be expected.
Old 03-04-2022, 06:42 PM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

But the Stable Genius’s gains were at the same rate as his predecessors, no Trump bump or jump till we had the Trump pandemic crash (who could have known) and now the economy continues to rise, though currently because the western world failed to acknowledge the dangers posed by Trump’s great friend, it’s hesitating somewhat. Probably with cause.
Of course if Tweety had been in charge we would not have had this issue, because his good friend Putin would never have invaded Ukraine on his watch.
Because Trump, Manafort, Flynn and patreons ad nauseum had no connections to Russia.
🤡