Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-12-2022, 08:02 AM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

My favorite Bible story is when Jesus feeds the multitudes after administering a drug test to make sure they deserve food.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-12-2022, 08:02 AM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
they give out needles, right? is this so different?
Once repellent to conservative politicians, needle exchanges are now being endorsed and legalized in Republican-controlled states.

At least four legislatures have considered bills to allow hypodermic needle exchanges, and two states, Georgia and Idaho, made them legal this year. In each of these states, the House and Senate are controlled by the GOP and the governor is a Republican.

Florida, Missouri, Iowa and Arizona have introduced bills this legislative session that would allow needle exchanges in their state. The measures were all sponsored or co-sponsored by Republicans.

The Biden administration is going to be sending crack pipes and meth pipes, targeting minority communities,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said in a video message.

It’s a black thing white use heroin black use heroin let’s allow needle exchanges

crack pipes I guess only blacks use them . So let’s show them we are with them ! But won’t enable their habit

Republicans hypocrisy at its finest
Old 02-12-2022, 08:10 AM   #33
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you just need to spend a little time reading about San Francisco and their success handling drug and homelessness problems....I think the Mayor just declared another state of emergency there....
I know right San Francisco and Chicago the only to cities in the our country of 300 million have drug or gun violence issues

You are very a good at parroting GOP talking points , but once again the facts get in your way.
red states win again. ( and it’s not crack or the blacks in cities or not driving those deaths ) it’s a National problem

Top 10 states with overdose deaths

West Virginia: 41.5 per 100,000 people
New Hampshire: 34.3 per 100,000 people
Kentucky: 29.9 per 100,000 people
Ohio: 29.9 per 100,000 people
Rhode Island: 28.2 per 100,000 people
Pennsylvania: 26.3 per 100,000 people
Massachusetts: 25.7 per 100,000 people
New Mexico: 25.3 per 100,000 people
Utah: 23.4 per 100,000 people
Tennessee: 22.2 per 100,000 people
Old 02-12-2022, 08:22 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Once repellent to conservative politicians, needle exchanges are now being endorsed and legalized in Republican-controlled states.

At least four legislatures have considered bills to allow hypodermic needle exchanges, and two states, Georgia and Idaho, made them legal this year. In each of these states, the House and Senate are controlled by the GOP and the governor is a Republican.

Florida, Missouri, Iowa and Arizona have introduced bills this legislative session that would allow needle exchanges in their state. The measures were all sponsored or co-sponsored by Republicans.

The Biden administration is going to be sending crack pipes and meth pipes, targeting minority communities,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said in a video message.

It’s a black thing white use heroin black use heroin let’s allow needle exchanges

crack pipes I guess only blacks use them . So let’s show them we are with them ! But won’t enable their habit

Republicans hypocrisy at its finest
“crack pipes i guess only blacks use them.”

Oh FFS just in the last two days you posted that crack was primarily a black problem. But when i say the same thing you attack it.

Which is it?
Old 02-12-2022, 08:30 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
This sums it up

For about a decade, the majority of people who died from overdoses were white, and the discussion around drug policy has centered on prescription opioids. White middle-class people in addiction have been framed as victims of pharmaceutical companies that got them “hooked.” The narrative about Black people who used drugs during the crack crisis of the 1980s and ’90s was very different, implying that their drug use was a criminal and moral failure.

no one in the state gave a #^&#^&#^&#^& about…crack it was inner city problem

Then came oxy’s and guess what it started killing white kids
those are your words. obviously, you’re saying crack is primarily a black problem.

Then when i say the same thing, you claim I’m wrong.

It’s very difficult to take you seriously. You’re humiliating yourself because you can’t just admit that maybe i was right on one thing, one time.

Also, you cannot refute me, by pointing to republicans who disagree with me. Unlike you, i can say that my side does a lot of stupid things. Unlike you, I don’t have to agree with my side on every single, solitary issue.

I never said that there’s no such thing as a republican who advocated for needle exchanges. But it’s mostly a liberal idea. And everyone who agrees with it, whether they’re a liberal or a conservative, is next-generation stupid.

Anyway, we’d all love to hear your explanation on why you flip-flopped so completely on blacks and crack, in the blink of an eye.

It’s fine when you say crack is mostly a black problem. But when Insay it, I’m an idiot.

Have fun with that.

wdmso: no one cares about crack because it was blacks…

jim: handing out crack pipes is bad for blacks…

wdmso: oh, you think only blacks do crack?

Do you not see the lack of logic there wayne?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-12-2022 at 08:38 AM..
Old 02-12-2022, 09:15 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
those are your words. obviously, you’re saying crack is primarily a black problem.

It’s very difficult to take you seriously. You’re humiliating yourself because you can’t just admit that maybe i was right on one thing, one time.

Also, you cannot refute me, by pointing to republicans who disagree with me. Unlike you, i can say that my side does a lot of stupid things. Unlike you, I don’t have to agree with my side on every single, solitary issue.

I never said that there’s no such thing as a republican who advocated for needle exchanges. But it’s mostly a liberal idea. And everyone who agrees with it, whether they’re a liberal or a conservative, is next-generation stupid.

Anyway, we’d all love to hear your explanation on why you flip-flopped so completely on blacks and crack, in the blink of an eye.

It’s fine when you say crack is mostly a black problem. But when Insay it, I’m an idiot.

Have fun with that.

The intelligent thing apparently is that addicts deserve to get more diseases.

As far as meth and crack being black issues, Y’all ain’t never been to Appalachia have ya?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-12-2022, 09:24 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

As far as meth and crack being black issues, Y’all ain’t never been to Appalachia have ya?
they need help. i don’t think it’s productive to make it easier to do drugs

i’m wondering, multiple
people here have asked you to comment on what san francisco and portland look like. is there a particular reason you refuse to comment on that?

it’s an interesting sounding theory, to hand out needles and crack pipes. but we don’t need to speculate, because there are places that coddle druggies, and we can see what the results are.

Liberals are, in general, not persuaded by results or empirical data. once they decide something is a good idea, they will never be convinced otherwise, no matter how clear the results are that it’s just not a good idea.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:42 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
they need help. i don’t think it’s productive to make it easier to do drugs

i’m wondering, multiple
people here have asked you to comment on what san francisco and portland look like. is there a particular reason you refuse to comment on that?

it’s an interesting sounding theory, to hand out needles and crack pipes. but we don’t need to speculate, because there are places that coddle druggies, and we can see what the results are.

Liberals are, in general, not persuaded by results or empirical data. once they decide something is a good idea, they will never be convinced otherwise, no matter how clear the results are that it’s just not a good idea.
Drugs are not a problem confined to liberals, haven’t you seen Don Jr

Look a few posts above
Conservative states are far from immune, you think the states in Appalachia are a liberal bastion?
You just don’t hear about it in right wing media

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-12-2022, 09:45 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:

so you’re denying that crack disproportionately effects blacks?

so when all the liberals said crack laws were racist because those laws disproportionately impacted blacks, they were all wrong?

see, you boxed yourself into a corner. in your mind, every single thing i say, must be wrong. but it was liberals who convinced me that crack was especially hard on blacks,

so if you’re saying I’m wrong, you’re also saying that a huge number of liberals are also wrong.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:50 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:

y’all never heard of the ACLU, have ya?

Here, the ACLU makes it clear that blacks disproportionately use crack, whites disproportionately use powder cocaine, therefore tougher sentencing for crack hurts blacks.

Pete, are you saying the ACLU ( who are saying the same thing I’m saying) are wrong?

Looking forward to that answer.

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...m_20061025.pdf
Old 02-12-2022, 11:03 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Guess you could just ask Mike Lindell
Old 02-12-2022, 11:27 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Guess you could just ask Mike Lindell
let’s ask him if handing out needles and crack pipes is a good idea, i bet he’s be in a good place to know.

he beat addiction, and became a billionaire, creating god knows how many jobs. i say good for him.

and you completely avoided my post.

once again, does crack disproportionately impact blacks? yes or no?

do you EVER get tired of being wrong?
Old 02-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #43
wdmso

Quote:

Have fun with that.

The narrative about Black people who used drugs during the crack crisis of the 1980s and ’90s was very different, implying that their drug use was a criminal and moral failure.

That wasn’t my position that’s the conservatives position then and now

The only one embarrassing themself is you

You can’t follow can you ? You have no historical view or experience in addiction. You are just regurgitation machine of conservatives talking points

Anything forward looking in your world is of course next-generation stupid.

Conservatives are all peddlers on a stationary Bike complaining that nothings changing

Because every past program to attack addiction has such a great track record ..

AA and NA are still the best tools to fight addiction
Old 02-12-2022, 11:59 AM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
“crack pipes i guess only blacks use them.”

Oh FFS just in the last two days you posted that crack was primarily a black problem. But when i say the same thing you attack it.

Which is it?

crack pipes I guess only blacks use them .

Clearly that was sarcasm

against what Marco said

but like humor you don’t get it
Old 02-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:

That wasn’t my position that’s the conservatives position then and now

yes it was your position yesterday. you said no one cared about crack, then oxy came along and white kids were dying and people cared. which means that non-white kids were predominantly the ones dying before.

I posted a study from the ACLU which clearly shows it was predominantly a black issue. is the ACLU wrong?

“drug use was a moral failure.”

drug use IS a moral failure. when you freely choose to take drugs for the first time, you’re being an unbelievable moron. everyone knows the dangers. becoming an addict is a disease that no one chooses. but every single person makes a free choice to use it the first time. and you deserve to be ridiculed for making such a profoundly stupid choice.

“you have no experience in addiction”.

except my brother being a raging alcoholic who has struggled
mightily his entire adult life, i’ve been to at least 30 AA meetings with him. and dragged him to rehab several times, paid his mortgage and heating bills God knows how many times, prayed for him god knows how many times, called his sponsors god knows how many times, cried like a baby for him god knows how many times.

Never once, did it ever occur to me, that i could help him by making it easier for him to drink.

Wayne, you struggle with simple and straightforward facts that are right in front of you. You’re wrong about what you yourself said yesterday! Stop trying to assume things about me. You stink at it.

“every past program to treat addiction has a great track record.”

how’s the track record for places that coddle and enable addicts? is that working in san francisco and portland?

Can you please, please address that question?
Old 02-12-2022, 04:09 PM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

If your brother was addicted to narcotics, do you think he would be better off with aids and hepatitis?
We’re not talking about buying them their drug of choice, just giving them a chance to make it through without a compounding issue.
Old 02-12-2022, 05:09 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
If your brother was addicted to narcotics, do you think he would be better off with aids and hepatitis?
We’re not talking about buying them their drug of choice, just giving them a chance to make it through without a compounding issue.
non he’s not better off with aids or hepatitis.

but the best solution is to get him off drugs, and tough live is still love.

Here’s my question. how is coding drug addicts working in san francisco and portland? are you denying that enabling drug addicts can lead to more drug addicts?
Old 02-12-2022, 07:28 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
non he’s not better off with aids or hepatitis.

but the best solution is to get him off drugs, and tough live is still love.

Here’s my question. how is coding drug addicts working in san francisco and portland? are you denying that enabling drug addicts can lead to more drug addicts?
Doesn’t sound like tough love is a miraculous cure to me, it’s a long tough uncertain road no matter how you look at it.

Treating addiction is proven to reduce the number of addicts.
Are you seriously claiming that providing needles to addicts encourages people to become addicts?
Really?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-12-2022, 07:51 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Doesn’t sound like tough love is a miraculous cure to me, it’s a long tough uncertain road no matter how you look at it.

Treating addiction is proven to reduce the number of addicts.
Are you seriously claiming that providing needles to addicts encourages people to become addicts?
Really?
i never said tough love is a miraculous cure. there is no silver bullet.

i asked you 3 or 4 times if coding them is the answer, why is San Francisco turning into a pile
of raw sewage?

you won’t answer, because you know you can’t answer without showing that i have a point.

. what does it say about the utter flimsiness of your beliefs, that you are scared sh*tless by such a simple and obvious question? you can’t even come close to answering. what does that tell you?

we don’t have to speculate. coddling druggies has been tried. the results are in. you want your neighborhood to look like San Francisco and Portland?
Old 02-12-2022, 09:34 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i never said tough love is a miraculous cure. there is no silver bullet.

i asked you 3 or 4 times if coding them is the answer, why is San Francisco turning into a pile
of raw sewage?

you won’t answer, because you know you can’t answer without showing that i have a point.

. what does it say about the utter flimsiness of your beliefs, that you are scared sh*tless by such a simple and obvious question? you can’t even come close to answering. what does that tell you?

we don’t have to speculate. coddling druggies has been tried. the results are in. you want your neighborhood to look like San Francisco and Portland?
You think that San Francisco or Portland isn’t a larger example of any city in the USA
Just what would you like to do to addicts, the mentally I’ll and other homeless people.
Explain your magic cure, I’m sure most Americans would love to see how your magnificent brilliance proposes to solve this, we’ve all been waiting for the simple solution.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2022, 07:29 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
You think that San Francisco or Portland isn’t a larger example of any city in the USA
Just what would you like to do to addicts, the mentally I’ll and other homeless people.
Explain your magic cure, I’m sure most Americans would love to see how your magnificent brilliance proposes to solve this, we’ve all been waiting for the simple solution.

What you meant to say is, San Francisco looks like every liberal city. And you’re probably right.

solution?

tough love. Seal the border right. Impose brutal sentences for mid to upper level drug dealers. confiscate every cent they have and use it to open treatment centers. Drug addicts, maybe after a warning or two, get to choose between rehab, prison, or the military.

Also policies that encourages rather than attacks in tact families, encourage rather than mock faith, stop saying “if it feels good, do it”, which is the liberal motto.

start spreading the message that traditional family values might seem
corny in San Fransisco, but that’s how you produce kids who become Eagle Scouts and black belts instead of drug addicts.

And here’s something liberals could really, really stand to learn. When you try something and it fails miserably, just admit it and then fix it.

Liberals never, ever do that.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-13-2022 at 08:36 AM..
Old 02-13-2022, 09:40 AM   #52
wdmso

Quote:
yes it was your position yesterday. you said no one cared about crack, then oxy came along and white kids were dying and people cared. which means that non-white kids were predominantly the ones dying before.

I posted a study from the ACLU which clearly shows it was predominantly a black issue. is the ACLU wrong?

“drug use was a moral failure.”

drug use IS a moral failure. when you freely choose to take drugs for the first time, you’re being an unbelievable moron. everyone knows the dangers. becoming an addict is a disease that no one chooses. but every single person makes a free choice to use it the first time. and you deserve to be ridiculed for making such a profoundly stupid choice.

“you have no experience in addiction”.

except my brother being a raging alcoholic who has struggled
mightily his entire adult life, i’ve been to at least 30 AA meetings with him. and dragged him to rehab several times, paid his mortgage and heating bills God knows how many times, prayed for him god knows how many times, called his sponsors god knows how many times, cried like a baby for him god knows how many times.

Never once, did it ever occur to me, that i could help him by making it easier for him to drink.

Wayne, you struggle with simple and straightforward facts that are right in front of you. You’re wrong about what you yourself said yesterday! Stop trying to assume things about me. You stink at it.

“every past program to treat addiction has a great track record.”

how’s the track record for places that coddle and enable addicts? is that working in san francisco and portland?

Can you please, please address that question?

having a brother being an alcoholic. ( is tough) and it a personal window into the horrible world of addiction. But that experience isn’t what I was referring to. Many of us have that experience or we know some one trapped in the circle of addiction, And it’s personal and these people are victims of addiction also .

.. Yet it seems it didn’t help you’re understanding of addiction . From a Treatment’s prospective, If you think his addiction is his moral failure or is that reserved for drug users ? and if you think needle exchange and safe injection sites
Or housing for addicts is some how to promote and encourage drug usage

The Treatment and the message for addiction is simple don’t use don’t drink . but the path to get these people to accept the message is much harder

So in a nut shell the use CRACK PIPE by Republicans was targeting Blacks , not meth pipe , not weed pipe , but Crack

And also Jim your crusade That the Dems are targeting blacks to get Abortions is more regurgitate talking points by guess who

Antiabortion activists, including some African-American pastors, have been waging a campaign around this fact, falsely asserting that the disparity is the result of aggressive marketing by abortion providers Aka Dems to minority communities.

These activists are exploiting and distorting the facts to serve their antiabortion agenda. They ignore the fundamental reason women have abortions and the underlying problem of racial and ethnic disparities across an array of health indicators. The truth is that behind virtually every abortion is an unintended pregnancy. This applies to all women—black, white, Hispanic, Asian and Native American alike.

https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2008/...bigger-picture
Old 02-13-2022, 09:44 AM   #53
wdmso

Michigan
New York
Indiana
Illinois
North Carolina
California
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Ohio
Florida

Top 10 meth user states seems the R win again
Old 02-13-2022, 09:53 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What you meant to say is, San Francisco looks like every liberal city. And you’re probably right.

solution?

tough love. Seal the border right. Impose brutal sentences for mid to upper level drug dealers. confiscate every cent they have and use it to open treatment centers. Drug addicts, maybe after a warning or two, get to choose between rehab, prison, or the military.

Also policies that encourages rather than attacks in tact families, encourage rather than mock faith, stop saying “if it feels good, do it”, which is the liberal motto.

corny in San Fransisco, but that’s how you produce kids who become Eagle Scouts and black belts instead of drug addicts.

And here’s something liberals could really, really stand to learn. When you try something and it fails miserably, just admit it and then fix it.

https://apnews.com/article/health-sa...ce76764f71058d

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2022, 09:58 AM   #55
wdmso

Quote:

solution?

Jim your cure for addiction follows the conservatives and religious mantra of the demise of the American Family , who think a return to the days of leave it beaver separate beds home bound women and the man working 9-5 and church on Sunday and morals is the answer

I am sure it wouldn’t hurt but that ships sailed in the 1960s

I suggest anyone should watch wine and roses 1962 it was relative then and is today
Old 02-13-2022, 10:01 AM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

The “war on drugs” started on June 18, 1971
And a trillion dollars later, it failed miserably.
But you want to carry on.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2022, 10:04 AM   #57
wdmso

Republicans never ever Try something. Jim. Because they are afraid it will fail miserably like mass incarceration.

As of July 2021, the United States had the highest number of incarcerated individuals worldwide, with almost 2.1 million people in prison.

And Republicans are still yelling lock them up or blaming Democratic’s for a rise in crime even in states where no laws have been changed

Criminals and murders do not factor in penalties in their decisions they are no rational people to start with
Old 02-13-2022, 10:19 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:

Republicans never ever Try something. Jim. Because they are afraid it will fail miserably like mass incarceration.

As of July 2021, the United States had the highest number of incarcerated individuals worldwide, with almost 2.1 million people in prison.

And Republicans are still yelling lock them up or blaming Democratic’s for a rise in crime even in states where no laws have been changed

Criminals and murders do not factor in penalties in their decisions they are no rational people to start with
i could write an entire sitcom with the demonstrably false, incoherent, partisan, nonsensical gibberish in that one post.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:37 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:

"Republicans never ever Try something. Jim. "

Newt Gingrich didn't convince Bill Clinton to cut taxes and pay for it with welfare reform, resulting in the last federal surplus probably ever, and helping to usher in a decade of prosperity. Didn't happen, right?

George W Bush didn't spearhead his "Emergency Plan For Aids Relief Africa:, which liberal Stanford University says saved over one million lives in Africa. Bush did more for Africa, than any human being who has ever lived. And I'd bet everything that you have no idea it ever happened, because you don't like that he has an "R" after his name.

Go ahead and tell us Stanford is wrong. You know more. Didn't happen, right?

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...ion-lives.html

Rudy Giuliani didn't make HUGE strides in reducing violent crime in NYC? According to politifact, murder and robbery were down two-thirds during his tenure.

Didn't happen, right?

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...ighting-crime/

And then everybody's favorite, Trump. He didn't lower taxes, get black unemployment to its lowest level ever recorded, didn't get criminal justice reform (which liberals wanted yet Obama chose not to do for 8 years), didn't help create economic opportunity zones in the cities, didn't get overall unemployment to its lowest level in a generation.

Never happened, right?

Crime.

Wayne, democrats run the federal government right now, and as a direct result of that, crime is out of control in many places. Americans see it, which is one reason why despite Biden's economic success, his polling is in the bottom of the toilet.

The 1990s crime bill, which did cause a lot of incarceration, you know who wrote it? Joe Biden. Joe Biden wrote it.

It caused a lot of incarceration. But guess what, Einstein? People in prison, aren't out hurting innocent civilians. So while all those people were locked up, crime decreased.

You just don't get it. Liberals just don't get it. Locking up criminals, cannot fail to reduce crime. Why is that so complicated? You worked in a prison, and you still don't get that?
Old 02-13-2022, 10:56 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

As of May 2021, the United States had the highest prisoner rate in the world, with 639 prisoners per 100,000 of the national population.