Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-13-2022, 10:59 AM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
“we love blacks so much, that we’ll pay young black girls to have babies, and give them a bonus to have those babies with no dad around, because that always works out so well. but because we don’t want TOO many of them, we’ll put an abortion clinic on every corner
in their neighborhoods. Furthermore, because we also don’t want them in school with our children, we ( the ones who never stop calling ourselves pro choice) will deny them school choice. Finally, to keep them from from improving their lives at all, we will give them needles and crack pipes to keep them addicted.”.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Who’s your source?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2022, 11:50 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Who’s your source?
i didn’t attribute that to “the democratic base.

i can admit i made that up. Based on an accurate summary of liberal policies toward blacks

time was, democrats used public policy to control blacks on plantations. Today, democrats use public policy to control blacks in disgusting urban cities. We substituted cotton fields for urban blight and failing sh*thole schools
and a staggering, crippling, mind-blowing fatherlessness rate.

but unlike others, i’m not going to lie and say that democrats actually said that. but it’s what they do.

Make that wrong.
Old 02-13-2022, 12:07 PM   #63
wdmso

Quote:
As of May 2021, the United States had the highest prisoner rate in the world, with 639 prisoners per 100,000 of the national population.
Stop posting demonstrably false, incoherent, partisan, nonsensical gibberish

The only path forward for conservatives is pounding a square peg into a round hole !

Because admission of failure isn’t allowed

Like Trump won the election or there was voter fraud or Jan 6th was an insurrection

Just look how they support the white Canada Truckers blocking highways a vocal minority yell freedom and Covid .

Anti-Protest Conservatives Sure Do Love the Trucker Blockade Causing ‘Deep Pain’ to American Companies

But if BLM or any liberals block a road or highway all the comments are just run them over

Fox News, Daily Caller delete posts encouraging people to drive through protests

Conservatives have no historical memory they have integrity amnesia
Old 02-13-2022, 12:45 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

But if BLM or any liberals block a road or highway all the comments are just run them over

Conservatives would say the truckers have a point, as conservatives as a rule, aren't big fans of mandates.

BLM doesn't have a point. It was literally founded on a complete lie ("hands up, don't shoot", which Brown never said), there's absolutely no data to suggest that police have waged war against American blacks. And BLM explicitly says they're in favor of attacking the nuclear family, when that's literally the exact opposite thing that any pro-black person should be saying.

Finally, the truckers aren't looting, burning down stores, or murdering people. Unlike BLM and Antifa.
Old 02-13-2022, 01:47 PM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i didn’t attribute that to “the democratic base.

i can admit i made that up. Based on an accurate summary of liberal policies toward blacks

time was, democrats used public policy to control blacks on plantations. Today, democrats use public policy to control blacks in disgusting urban cities. We substituted cotton fields for urban blight and failing sh*thole schools
and a staggering, crippling, mind-blowing fatherlessness rate.

but unlike others, i’m not going to lie and say that democrats actually said that. but it’s what they do.

Make that wrong.
You never miss a right wing trope

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2022, 02:37 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
You never miss a right wing trope
i agree it’s right wing.

What about it, was wrong?

I’ll wait.
Old 02-13-2022, 04:18 PM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i agree it’s right wing.

What about it, was wrong?

I’ll wait.
All, start with this
Following the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, the core bases of the two parties shifted, with the Southern states becoming more reliably Republican in presidential politics and the Northeastern states becoming more reliably Democratic.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-13-2022, 04:24 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
All, start with this
Following the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965, the core bases of the two parties shifted, with the Southern states becoming more reliably Republican in presidential politics and the Northeastern states becoming more reliably Democratic.
which disputes exactly nothing that was in my post.

republicans want blacks to get ahead.

democrats want to cripple blacks,,keep them addicted to
welfare, alive but utterly unable to escape poverty. keep them in the cities in lousy schools, pumping out babies with no dad around, creating a permanent underclass, but a reliable voting block.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:18 PM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

How about a quote from one of Nixon’s top advisors explaining their decision to launch the “War on Drugs.”
“You understand what I’m saying? We couldn’t make it illegal to be against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and the blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing them heavily, we could disrupt those communities.
We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings and vilify them on the nightly news.
Did we know we were lying about the drugs, of course we did.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:37 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
How about a quote from one of Nixon’s top advisors explaining their decision to launch the “War on Drugs.”
“You understand what I’m saying? We couldn’t make it illegal to be against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and the blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing them heavily, we could disrupt those communities.
We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings and vilify them on the nightly news.
Did we know we were lying about the drugs, of course we did.
wow an unnamed Nixon advisor.

How about president Lyndon Johnson saying “I’ll have those n*ggers voting for Democrats for 200 years”?

Pete, look at what i posted above in terms of democrat policy impacting blacks. and tell me what i said, which is wrong.

all you can do, is respond to something i never said.

look at what each side says about school choice. At Trump’s SOTU, republicans were going berserk at the news of low black unemployment. Remember how the democrats reacted? They sat on their hands, scowling.

If they want blacks to succeed,, please explain why they were miserable at low black unemployment.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:13 AM   #71
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
wow an unnamed Nixon advisor.

How about president Lyndon Johnson saying “I’ll have those n*ggers voting for Democrats for 200 years”?

Pete, look at what i posted above in terms of democrat policy impacting blacks. and tell me what i said, which is wrong.

all you can do, is respond to something i never said.

look at what each side says about school choice. At Trump’s SOTU, republicans were going berserk at the news of low black unemployment. Remember how the democrats reacted? They sat on their hands, scowling.

If they want blacks to succeed,, please explain why they were miserable at low black unemployment.
Explain why Republicans sat and didn’t rejoice when Barack Obama was President
Explain why Republicans think that no black woman is qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice

Explain why there are roughly 100k elected positions in the U.S.
and Republicans announced that 40 Blacks are running as GOPers, that is closer to zero than to even 1%. It's more likely that you'll be struck by lightning than represented by a Black Republican.

And the spectacular halfime show sure did rattle the GOP incel crowd.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-14-2022, 06:21 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Explain why Republicans think that no black woman is qualified to be a Supreme Court Justice
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE]

again, what does it say that you cannot EVER answer the question that i asked?

no republican ever said that ( hearing voices again). what they’re saying, is that it’s wrong ( and obviously illegal) to ignore potentially better candidates based on gender and skin color

Lindsay Graham has come out and said that there’s one black woman a bunch or republicans would vote for.

I dare you to post evidence that any influential republican said that no black roman is qualified.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:09 AM   #73
PaulS

Quote:

no republican ever said that ( hearing voices again). what they’re saying, is that it’s wrong ( and obviously illegal) to ignore potentially better candidates based on gender and skin color

Did they say that when Trump said he would only pick a candidate approved by the Federalist Society?
Old 02-14-2022, 08:16 AM   #74
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Did they say that when Trump said he would only pick a candidate approved by the Federalist Society?
yeah, it would probably be wrong to discriminate based on whether or not a judge is a Constitutionalist or not when nominating one for the Supreme Court
Old 02-14-2022, 08:24 AM   #75
wdmso

Quote:

Lindsay Graham has come out and said that there’s one black woman a bunch or republicans would vote for.

I dare you to post evidence that any influential republican said that no black roman is qualified.

Jim keep convincing yourself Republicans push back against a Black SJC pick is about “ a better candidate “

Just like changing for voter laws were for “ election integrity “ even in states Trump won. More like they are afraid of Turn out.

Texas counties reject unprecedented numbers of mail ballots ahead of March 1 primary under restrictive new law

To be eligible to vote early by mail in Texas, you must:

be 65 years or older;
be sick or disabled;
be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; or
be expected to give birth within three weeks before or after Election Day; or
be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.

These must be the fraudsters Texas is after , most over 65 I would bet vote Republican
Old 02-14-2022, 08:41 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Jim keep convincing yourself Republicans push back against a Black SJC pick is about “ a better candidate “

Just like changing for voter laws were for “ election integrity “ even in states Trump won. More like they are afraid of Turn out.

Texas counties reject unprecedented numbers of mail ballots ahead of March 1 primary under restrictive new law

To be eligible to vote early by mail in Texas, you must:

be 65 years or older;
be sick or disabled;
be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; or
be expected to give birth within three weeks before or after Election Day; or
be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.

These must be the fraudsters Texas is after , most over 65 I would bet vote Republican

i answered that question exactly as it was asked. i’m
sorry if you couldn’t comprehend it, but here is the answer again….no influential republican ever said that. To repeat, no influential republican said anything close to what pete claimed they are saying.

If there’s a highly qualified black female candidate, fine. buts it’s discrimination to say ahead of time that you’re excluding a huge number of people based on skin color and gender. How is that not discrimination?
Old 02-14-2022, 08:55 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Every black candidate was eliminated from the list until 1967 and the same baloney was claimed then, much like 81 when the first woman was nominated.
There’s plenty of candidates more qualified than Kavanaugh or Barrett unless you can only pick from the Federalist Society list.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:07 AM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:
Every black candidate was eliminated from the list until 1967
and by what logic do we punish white men today, for the fact that democrats prevented blacks from getting ahead for so long?

if a white male judge alive today, happens to be a descendent of someone who was killed fighting for the north in the civil
war, how on earth could
you conclude that he is responsible for the sins of the past?

you, and your liberal ilk, are talking about “collective guilt”, the idea that everyone who looks like past criminals, is guilty for what the criminal did.

That’s the exact opposite of the foundation of our system of justice.

Why not an asian woman? We have a black in the court, but we have no Asians. Why is that?
Old 02-14-2022, 09:12 AM   #79
Pete F.
Canceled

You can feel guilty if you want.

The right wing’s infatuation with white grievance and increasing attraction to civil unrest at the expense of ordinary Americans is leading the GOP to increasingly perverse positions. Now, Republicans and their media cohorts root for economic distress, violence and disorder.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:16 AM   #80
PaulS

Quote:

I'll ask again. Did they say that when Trump said he would only pick a candidate approved by the Federalist Society?

And how about when Reagan said he would only pick a woman? Was it obviously illegal then?
Old 02-14-2022, 11:06 AM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'll ask again. Did they say that when Trump said he would only pick a candidate approved by the Federalist Society?

And how about when Reagan said he would only pick a woman? Was it obviously illegal then?
saying you’ll pick one that conservatives will like, is a little different than saying your pick will be a certain gender and color.

does any president pick one whose politics aren’t similar to the presidents?

i was a tad young when reagan made that announcement. but it was a stupid thing for him to declare. it’s blatantly unconstitutional.

You asked this already, and I gave the same answer, which answers your question as it was asked, and is consistent with my view on Biden. If you'd care to ask the same question again, perhaps you can flag my response here and just refer back to it, that'll save us both some time.

Picking someone of a certain gender or race for political reasons (like Trump picking Barrett) is one thing. Declaring way ahead of time that only one race/gender will be considered, is something else. It's stupid when Reagan did it, and it's stupid fo Biden to do it.

Does anyone here, or on Bidens team, ask themselves why his approval ratings are where they are?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-14-2022 at 11:34 AM..
Old 02-14-2022, 11:14 AM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
saying you’ll pick one that conservatives will like, is a little different than saying your pick will be a certain gender and color.

i was a tad young when reagan
made that announcement. but it was a stupid thing for him to declare. it’s blatantly unconstitutional.
The Constitution does not set any qualifications for service as a Justice, thus the President may nominate any individual to serve on the Court.

But obviously conservatism is the principle that in groups are protected but not bound by law and out groups are not protected but bound.

Because, originalism…….

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-14-2022, 11:26 AM   #83
Jim in CT

Quote:
The Constitution does not set any qualifications for service as a Justice, thus the President may nominate any individual to serve on the Court.

But obviously conservatism is the principle that in groups are protected but not bound by law and out groups are not protected but bound.

Because, originalism…….

i’ll make it as simple as i can…

if it’s ok for Biden to say white men can’t apply for this job, it’s equally ok for someone else to say that blacks can’t apply for another job.

Unless whites are not equal
to blacks.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:32 AM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’ll make it as simple as i can…

if it’s ok for Biden to say white men can’t apply for this job, it’s equally ok for someone else to say that blacks can’t apply for another job.

Unless whites are not equal
to blacks.
There are two types of people in this country.

1. People who see opportunities for minority populations as progress that makes us proud.

2. People who see minority populations gaining equality as a threat.

Group 1 are Americans.
Group 2 are Republicans.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:

1. People who see opportunities for minority populations as progress that makes us proud.

Group 1 are Americans.
Group 2 are Republicans.
Right. That's why Republicans are in favor of school choice, and why democrats hate school choice. This is why Republicans make the case for the benefit of intact families, and why liberals incentivize fatherlessness.

Second time, why did Democrats get so miserable when Republicans were celebrating the lowest black unemployment ever? If what you posted is even a little bit true, wouldn't congressional democrats celebrate that?

For Gods sake, even the congressional black caucus acted like someone just ran over their dog. Even they couldn't celebrate that. Because democrats care about winning, not about blacks getting ahead.

All you have is hyper-partisan nonsense Pete. Things that make great bumper stickers for thoughtless liberal livestock, but which are laughable.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #86
PaulS

Quote:

i was a tad young when reagan made that announcement. but it was a stupid thing for him to declare. it’s blatantly unconstitutional.

You asked this already, and I gave the same answer, which answers your question as it was asked, and is consistent with my view on Biden. If you'd care to ask the same question again, perhaps you can flag my response here and just refer back to it, that'll save us both some time.

Picking someone of a certain gender or race for political reasons (like Trump picking Barrett) is one thing. Declaring way ahead of time that only one race/gender will be considered, is something else. It's stupid when Reagan did it, and it's stupid fo Biden to do it.

Does anyone here, or on Bidens team, ask themselves why his approval ratings are where they are?

Trump said he would pick someone "choosen" by the Federalist society. Reagan said a woman. You and your ilk (I think that is a scummy word but one you throw out there frequently so I'll use it) shows the hypocrisy of the Rs.

Last edited by PaulS; 02-14-2022 at 12:49 PM..
Old 02-14-2022, 12:43 PM   #87
PaulS

Quote:

Group 1 are Americans.
Group 2 are Republicans.
Exactly.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:48 PM   #88
PaulS

Quote:
Right. That's why Republicans are in favor of school choice, Do you mean private schools?and why democrats hate school choice. This is why Republicans make the case for the benefit of intact families, and why liberals incentivize fatherlessness. You mean by increasing benefits for people who have more children?

Second time, why did Democrats get so miserable when Republicans were celebrating the lowest black unemployment ever? If what you posted is even a little bit true, wouldn't congressional democrats celebrate that?That is a lie. You always throw that out but when asked to explain what exactly Trump did for Blacks you say opportunity zone which were shown to have limited benefit to Blacks but more to the developers while ignoring the ways his policies are furthering racial segregation, not to mention stoking racial divisions and violence.

For Gods sake, even the congressional black caucus acted like someone just ran over their dog. Even they couldn't celebrate that. Because democrats care about winning, not about blacks getting ahead.

All you have is hyper-partisan nonsense Pete. That was funny. You're the most divisive person here Things that make great bumper stickers for thoughtless liberal livestock, but which are laughable.
At least you're good for a laugh here.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:04 PM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Right. That's why Republicans are in favor of school choice, and why democrats hate school choice. This is why Republicans make the case for the benefit of intact families, and why liberals incentivize fatherlessness.

Second time, why did Democrats get so miserable when Republicans were celebrating the lowest black unemployment ever? If what you posted is even a little bit true, wouldn't congressional democrats celebrate that?

All you have is hyper-partisan nonsense Pete. Things that make great bumper stickers for thoughtless liberal livestock, but which are laughable.
School choice is about moving my tax dollars to private institutions, just like for profit prisons.
Republicans claim to be for intact families but oppose any help that doesn’t have a cliff at the upper end.
Republicans consistently oppose healthcare reform, claiming that it will cost too much, but we already pay for it, I just want the money to pay for health care not an insurance executive's third mansion.
That the Republican Party thinks that a minuscule number of black candidates is worth bragging about should tell you all you need to know

Last edited by Pete F.; 02-14-2022 at 01:12 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-14-2022, 02:13 PM   #90
scottw

seems like paul and pete are hitting the crack pipe pretty hard....

leftists will be full racism till november...should be fun and uniting