Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-18-2022, 07:11 AM   #451
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so the MSM has begun mocking the democraps for passing an Inflation Reduction Act that won't reduce inflation...they are still happy it passed because they are hacks but it is at least acknowledgment that this was a complete lie and sham by the democraps...fun to see the deranged loon currently posing as president attacking republicans for not supporting the lie
After the bill was signed naturally, THEN even CNN admits the name of the bill was “a marketing ploy.”

kind of like saying the hunter biden laptop was russian disinformation until biden won,, then they all
admitted it was legit.

it’s a joke. a complete joke.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-...ssed-marketing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-18-2022, 07:27 AM   #452
Pete F.
Canceled

New Fox News Poll: Shift Towards Democratic Party Since May

Women: +7D
White Women: +8D
Nonwhite Women: +10D
Suburban Women: +9D
Men: +4D
Dads: +28D
Old 08-19-2022, 04:30 AM   #453
wdmso

Mitch believes they may not take the senate . Their are still many closet Trumpers who hide and mask their devotion in daily life or excuse him with well he made my 401k go up . Or he gave me a tax cut. Who will happily vote out anyone who dares not kiss his ring .and vote in people who willingly lie and will via subversion to bend election outcomes in their favor.

And are in such denial they don’t think they are like the Trump supporters in the photo .

A vote for Trump or the candidates he endorsed is a vote for the demise of our democratic way of life .. no norms no rules .

But of course he and his GOP wannabes have already convinced his faithful. Their enemies are everywhere and anyone who’s not a Republican
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72F017CA-7D92-4137-97DD-59888DDC6B7C.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	493.1 KB
ID:	69103  
Old 08-19-2022, 04:55 AM   #454
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Their are still many closet Trumpers who hide and mask their devotion in daily life or excuse him

A vote for Trump or the candidates he endorsed is a vote for the demise of our democratic way of life .. no norms no rules .
we should probably find and arrest these people and put them in reeducation camps
Old 08-19-2022, 05:53 AM   #455
Pete F.
Canceled

First John Fetterman pulled out to a big lead. Then Raphael Warnock and Tim Ryan took leads in their races. Then Mandela Barnes and Val Demings pulled ahead. And now Cheri Beasley is in a tie in North Carolina.

So tell me again how Republicans are going to sweep the midterms?
Old 08-19-2022, 06:52 AM   #456
Jim in CT

back the the original topic,,,if the election were today, o don’t think it’d be anything special for the gop. democrats taking in way, way more
money.
Old 08-19-2022, 05:46 PM   #457
wdmso

In Texas, a county elections administrator and her two deputies have resigned, with at least one citing threats fueled by misinformation, as former President Donald Trump and his supporters continue to spread baseless claims about the 2020 election.
Old 08-19-2022, 06:25 PM   #458
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Reported 70% of Texas teachers are considering quitting, Jim’s hero Ron gets slammed by federal judge as the anti 1st amendment governor, Tucker warning the democrats might do well in the mid terms and Mitch concerned about the lack of quality senate candidates, what is going on?
Old 08-19-2022, 06:50 PM   #459
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
back the the original topic,,,if the election were today, o don’t think it’d be anything special for the gop. democrats taking in way, way more
money.
If the election were today, it’s obvious to the majority of Americans that the attack on Social Security, voting, Medicare, healthcare and women’s rights by the Radical Trumplican party is unacceptable.
You’re delusional if you think Trump is not the party leader.
Who’s collecting all the money on the right?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2022, 04:56 AM   #460
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

Reported 70% of Texas teachers are considering quitting,
this is really not surprising...there is no group of employees in the US that spends more time whining about how under appreciated they are, how underpaid they are, how hard they work(180 days a year) and how tough they have it....and they have unions that sow and support this notion and constantly brainwashing them how to think, who to vote for and constantly pressuring them to accept the latest notions from leftistwhackjob.org.....

this has been the case for a very long time....put a little stress on them like covid or overwhelm them with some of the stupidity in schools now and yeah, they will probably consider going off to do something else

VOX "The shortage is reportedly also dire in other states, including Nevada, California, Illinois, Arizona, and Missouri. Some experts say that even school districts that don’t usually face shortages are struggling with vacancies, and it’s hard to hire teachers even for subjects that are typically easy to fill."

Last edited by scottw; 08-20-2022 at 05:41 AM..
Old 08-20-2022, 06:43 AM   #461
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
this is really not surprising...there is no group of employees in the US that spends more time whining about how under appreciated they are, how underpaid they are, how hard they work(180 days a year) and how tough they have it....and they have unions that sow and support this notion and constantly brainwashing them how to think, who to vote for and constantly pressuring them to accept the latest notions from leftistwhackjob.org.....
Wonder why good teachers are leaving?

🤡

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2022, 07:05 AM   #462
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s good to see Team McConnell (on background!) blaming NRSC chair Rick Scott for failures in Senate races, to see McCarthy-world (on background!) undermining possible rivals, to see Stefanik (on background!) attacking others as she seeks to move up, etc.

Fun times in the GOP!
When being a snake is a qualification to become a leader……
Old 08-20-2022, 08:13 AM   #463
Jim in CT

Quote:

this has been the case for a very long time....put a little stress on them like covid or overwhelm them with some of the stupidity in schools now and yeah, they will probably consider going off to do something else

VOX "The shortage is reportedly also dire in other states, including Nevada, California, Illinois, Arizona, and Missouri. Some experts say that even school districts that don’t usually face shortages are struggling with vacancies, and it’s hard to hire teachers even for subjects that are typically easy to fill."
they are the most entitled, most needy, most whiny group of people
you will ever come across. Which is too bad, because it’s such an important profession.

The union is a major obstacle
to improving education. And it’s a career that draws too many people
who are only enticed by summers off, amazing benefits, and unheard of job security. good teachers fee a calling to help kids, not a desire for summers off.

there are places where teachers are truly underpaid. CT ain’t one of them. You can’t drive 5 miles on the highway in CT without passing a billboard that says “we love teachers.”. what an unbelievable waste of money.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:55 AM   #464
wdmso

Republican Attacks on Public Schools Never Die

Jim and Scott. The sheep who keep the narrative alive
Old 08-20-2022, 08:59 AM   #465
wdmso

Republican want to privatize education because:
It
Education is a multibillion dollar market, and the private sector is eager to get its hands on those dollars.

Conservatives are devoted to the free market and believe that private is inherently superior to public.
Shrinking public education furthers the Republican Party goal of drastically reducing the public sector.

Privatization undermines teacher unions, a key base of support for the Democratic Party.

Privatization rhetoric can be used to woo African American and Latino voters to the Republican Party.

Non of the above is about improving education

Yep sounds about right. . Seeing Jim touting school choice a win for black family’s

In Indiana A majority of voucher students have not previously attended an Indiana public school.

Pence in 2013, has led to a shift in student demographics as well. White voucher students are up from 46 percent that first year to 60 percent today, and the share of black students has dropped from 24 percent to 12 percent. Recipients are also increasingly suburban and middle class. A third of students do not qualify for free or reduced-price meals.

Whites increased from 40 to 60% and blacks declined 24 to 12%.

For a full voucher, worth 90 percent of what a state would spend in a public school, a family of four can earn no more than $45,000 annually, but students whose parents earn up to $67,000 can still qualify for a half-voucher. And for children already in the program, their family income can rise to nearly $90,000 annually.

Yep that’s low income

Last edited by wdmso; 08-20-2022 at 09:13 AM..
Old 08-20-2022, 09:43 AM   #466
Jim in CT

Quote:
Republican Attacks on Public Schools Never Die

Jim and Scott. The sheep who keep the narrative alive
liberal blind defense of everything on the left, never dies. not one syllable about why i’m wrong specifically, but in your mind i can’t be right because i’m a republican.

public schools in my town spend $19k per kid, and results are average.

catholic middle school in my town spends $5,500 per kid, smaller classes, superior results. teachers can go above and beyond for the students, because there no union telling them not to.

when i taught public school, one time there was an issue with fights in the hallway between classes. The principal asked teachers to stick their heads into the hallway to make sure there were no fights. just for the 5 minutes between periods.

The union got wind, sent us letters forbidding teachers from doing it unless the school
paid us more, because the 5 minutes between periods was a break time for us

Student safety was supposed to take a back seat. would never, ever happen in a catholic school. For nowhere near the same price

what other group needs billboards every 5 miles telling them how great they all are?
Old 08-20-2022, 10:49 AM   #467
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
liberal blind defense of everything on the left, never dies. not one syllable about why i’m wrong specifically, but in your mind i can’t be right because i’m a republican.

Poor victim

What do you actually like about America? you hate the govt, have seething contempt for most of your fellow citizens, hate most institutions, and think the culture is degenerate.

What is left that you think is worth saving?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2022, 12:05 PM   #468
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Poor victim

What do you actually like about America? you hate the govt, have seething contempt for most of your fellow citizens, hate most institutions, and think the culture is degenerate.

What is left that you think is worth saving?
america is the greatest, most generous, most free, nation in history. more economic opportunity then any nation in history. you’re the ones trying to fundamentally change it. why do you say i hate america when i’m the one trying to preserve it, you’re the one voting to radically change it? that’s pretty funny pete.

red america looks a lot more like america to me, then blue america. i’ve lived my entire life in the state of CT, i’ve seen what 40 years of pure, unchecked liberalism has done. I’ve seen it’s effects n the suburbs, in the cities, in the schools, and for families. It’s weird and destructive. it encourages fatherlessness. That’s more than enough reason for me to reject it, because the data is crystal
clear what happens when kids, especially boys, don’t have dads.

i have a wee wee. therefore i go
to the men’s room and i compete physically against other men. If we can’t agree on that ( and we can’t) there’s not much more to say.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:48 PM   #469
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
america is the greatest, most generous, most free, nation in history. more economic opportunity then any nation in history. you’re the ones trying to fundamentally change it. why do you say i hate america when i’m the one trying to preserve it, you’re the one voting to radically change it? that’s pretty funny pete.

red america looks a lot more like america to me, then blue america. i’ve lived my entire life in the state of CT, i’ve seen what 40 years of pure, unchecked liberalism has done. I’ve seen it’s effects n the suburbs, in the cities, in the schools, and for families. It’s weird and destructive. it encourages fatherlessness. That’s more than enough reason for me to reject it, because the data is crystal
clear what happens when kids, especially boys, don’t have dads.

i have a wee wee. therefore i go
to the men’s room and i compete physically against other men. If we can’t agree on that ( and we can’t) there’s not much more to say.
A wee wee 👌🏻 🥱

Keep dreaming

https://filantropi.or.id/en/indonesi...-in-the-world/

https://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/ran...-82-countries/

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...%20the%20world

We’ve been through this before, red states have higher rates of divorce, look at the emerging evidence of child molestation in the evangelical churches, and listen to yourself.

Feed only those that look like us and pass a drug test

If you get hit, hit back harder

The rich and the powerful shall inherit the earth

If they are strangers, deport them

Give your money to those who are wealthy and already with privilege

Do not give them aid, for their country is a s$&@hole

You are a weak fearful excuse for a man like your heroes with BDE.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-20-2022, 01:04 PM   #470
scottw

pete is really feeling it...maybe he's drinking this weekend too!
Old 08-20-2022, 02:45 PM   #471
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
pete is really feeling it...maybe he's drinking this weekend too!
Don’t tell us you also have a wee wee and compete physically in the mens room.

I don’t wanna know what kinda competition “conservatives” have in the mens room, just stay away from children.

Last edited by Pete F.; 08-20-2022 at 05:52 PM..

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2022, 08:03 AM   #472
wdmso

red america looks a lot more like america to me, then blue america

From the guy who’s never lived in a Red state.
claiming only real Americas live in red states ( but you’ll claim you didn’t say it )

Yep you’re in the cult completely radicalized

Clearly Jim you have no idea what it means to be an American .

Ps Being Angry 24x7 isn’t it
Old 08-21-2022, 08:56 AM   #473
scottw

The leftists are losing it….🤣
Old 08-21-2022, 09:17 AM   #474
Jim in CT

Quote:

From the guy who’s never lived in a Red state.
claiming only real Americas live in red states ( but you’ll claim you didn’t say it )

Ps Being Angry 24x7 isn’t it
so it’s american to want to get rid of the electoral college, get rid of the fillibuster, pack the court, and otherwise constantly change the rules when you can’t always win with the current rules. that’s what’s american. gotcha.

it’s american for me to want to share a public bathroom with girls.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #475
Jim in CT

Quote:
The leftists are losing it….🤣
they are, but it’s hard to not get the impression that they have all the momentum right now, unless every single speck of data is wrong.
Old 08-21-2022, 10:02 AM   #476
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so it’s american to want to get rid of the electoral college, get rid of the fillibuster, pack the court, and otherwise constantly change the rules when you can’t always win with the current rules. that’s what’s american. gotcha.

Just as American as it is to want to keep the electoral college, selectively get rid of the filibuster, pack the court as McConnell did and ignore the rules as the former administration did (well the extent of that was unprecedented by far)

As far as your fear of women seeing your “wee” wee, you’re on your own.

https://youtu.be/bXPZd0LthLc

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-21-2022, 11:27 AM   #477
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Just as American as it is to want to keep the electoral college, selectively get rid of the filibuster, pack the court as McConnell did and ignore the rules as the former administration did (well the extent of that was unprecedented by far)

As far as your fear of women seeing your “wee” wee, you’re on your own.

https://youtu.be/bXPZd0LthLc
the electoral college is in the constitution. i’d be very very interested to hear your explanation of why it’s un- american to support that which is in the constitution.

if you feel the need to expose yourself to young girls
who aren’t asking for a peek, that’s your issue Pete.

when did McConnell change the number of justices on the supreme court? i must have missed that.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #478
wdmso

Quote:

I was responding to your comment

Shocking nothing in your response was in your original Comments.

Ps Jim the only ones changing the rules when the don’t win are Republicans. But don’t let actually facts and Truth. Cloud your version of actual events
Old 08-21-2022, 12:08 PM   #479
scottw

Quote:
I was responding to your comment

Shocking nothing in your response was in your original Comments.

Ps Jim the only ones changing the rules when the don’t win are Republicans. But don’t let actually facts and Truth. Cloud your version of actual events

fixed it...
Old 08-21-2022, 12:08 PM   #480
wdmso

Majority of Americans continue to favor moving away from Electoral College

Only in Jim’s world these aren’t really REAL Americans. How could they be. It’s clear their against the constitution. Because they clearly see the electoral college has seen it’s time in the sun and with population growth and decades of Republicans gerrymandering it needs to get tweaked or just go into the trash bin of outdated ideas

But we know the only reason Republicans like the electoral college is it’s the only way they can win an election. It’s has nothing to do with love of the constitution

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...toral-college/