Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #31
PaulS

Do you have any links to that?
Old 11-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I can't believe how the father was smart enough to know that if he sent his son to school with a clock , people's stereotypes would kick in and automatically assume it was a bomb.

More people have been killed w/guns this year in the US than by terrorists. It sucks that you want to now lump in all the gun owners and call them all murders.
You don't have to be that smart, Paul. We have all seen stories of kids getting kicked out of school for "weapons" like a pop tart chewed to look like agun, guns that shoot bubbles, etc. We all know that today, schools will err on the side of caution.

Have you seen a picture of what he brought in? I guarantee you, kids have gotten into trouble for bringing in things that were less scary looking. It looked like a bomb, there is no disputing that.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
That's kind of funny because I don't have to call all gun owners murderers, the media and the anti-gun lobby as already done that!
Obama called them all bitter clingers, who buy guns because they are racist. Words designed to bring us all together.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #34
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You don't have to be that smart, Paul. We have all seen stories of kids getting kicked out of school for "weapons" like a pop tart chewed to look like agun, guns that shoot bubbles, etc. We all know that today, schools will err on the side of caution.

Have you seen a picture of what he brought in? I guarantee you, kids have gotten into trouble for bringing in things that were less scary looking. It looked like a bomb, there is no disputing that.
I agree that the school should err on the side of caution and look into it. However, they went far beyond that. I'm sure most of it had to do with his being Muslim.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #35
PaulS

Quote:
Obama called them all bitter clingers, who buy guns because they are racist. Words designed to bring us all together.
The days when a black man takes insults and keeps his mouth shut are over. Did you forget when people tried to take away his country and his religion?
Old 11-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #36
buckman

Schools have a zero tolerance for guns, meaning anything gun related or looking like a gun is banned.
I'm assuming they have a zero tolerance policy for bombs too.
What would've happened if they brought that clock on a plane ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #37
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

don't want to turn this thread into a gun debate, but I'll leave you with this: Why is increased gun control called for after every mass shooting? Some of the proposals have been for a national registry of all gun owners. Sure, no politicians are crazy enough to just come out and advocate for this, but many anti groups have! Hows it that different than a national registry of all muslims?
Old 11-25-2015, 01:31 PM   #38
FishermanTim

Another point to consider: Why did he leave the country and move back home???

Wait, you mean his family weren't citizens?

(well, that's another topic for a non-fishing day.)

So some think the school over-reacted?
How would they have reacted had this "child" brought in an actual bomb and obliterated everything in a 200 yard radius?

Surely we would be just as understanding and be considerate of HIS reasons, RIGHT???

In the current social environment we now are forced to live in, we do not have the luxury of turning a blind eye towards each and every so-called "oppressed minority" just for fear of offending their rights to create mayhem and destruction.

Remember when yelling "Fire" in a crowded venue was considered illegal? Now we have progressed to dangerous pranks and stunts that can get you killed.

How about running into a bank or city hall with a plastic squirt gun that you "engineered" to look real, and see what happens?

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 11-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Schools have a zero tolerance for guns, meaning anything gun related or looking like a gun is banned.
I'm assuming they have a zero tolerance policy for bombs too.
What would've happened if they brought that clock on a plane ?
I wouldn't argue against his suspension but would argue against how he was treated during his "interegation".
Old 11-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #40
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockport24 View Post
don't want to turn this thread into a gun debate, but I'll leave you with this: Why is increased gun control called for after every mass shooting? Some of the proposals have been for a national registry of all gun owners. Sure, no politicians are crazy enough to just come out and advocate for this, but many anti groups have! Hows it that different than a national registry of all muslims?
The constituion.

Edit - I agree this isn't about guns but rather the crazy thought that we should single out 1 religion and register them (like Trump has stated).

Last edited by PaulS; 11-25-2015 at 03:18 PM..
Old 11-25-2015, 05:28 PM   #41
buckman

[QUOTE=PaulS;1087117]I wouldn't argue against his suspension but would argue against how he was treated during his "interegation".[/QUOTE

Precisely, how was he treated?
Old 11-25-2015, 08:13 PM   #42
PaulS

14 years old and questioned by police for an hour and a half, then handcuffed, and taken to a juvenile detention facility, fingerprinted and photo taken. Don't think his parents where notified until after that. Believe he was told that he was going to be "interrogated" when he asked to see his parents.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #43
spence

The latent racism in this thread is pretty interesting.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:15 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
The days when a black man takes insults and keeps his mouth shut are over. Did you forget when people tried to take away his country and his religion?
Huh?

Did the civil right act pass just before he got into office? I don't think so.

Obama did the annual turkey pardon today. He couldn't even do that, without being a pr*ck and getting a dig in against Republicans.

Bill Clinton was President for 8 years. He didn't do this, not in public. Clinton knew that he was President of the whole country, not just those who kiss his feet. Obama is so thin-skinned and vindictive, he can't open his mouth to pardon a turkey without letting hs hate spew out of his mouth.

Who tried to take away his country and his religion? How does one do that, exactly? Who wants to take away "Black Liberation Theology"?

The poor, victimized black man. Everyone who didn't vote for him is in the Klan.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
The constituion.

Edit - I agree this isn't about guns but rather the crazy thought that we should single out 1 religion and register them (like Trump has stated).
Paul, the ONLY way you can show that his religion had anything to do with this, is to show that he would have been treated differently, if he wasn't Muslim. Do Mormon kids who bring in bomb look-alikes, not get in trouble?

You show us that non-Muslims don't get in trouble for bringing in things to school that look like weapons, and you have a case. But we all know you don't. All kinds of kids get in trouble for bringing in things that anyone could perceive as maybe being a weapon. But you had to play the bigot card, with zero evidence. Yawn.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #46
spence

Quote:
Obama did the annual turkey pardon today. He couldn't even do that, without being a pr*ck and getting a dig in against Republicans.
Really? What exactly did he say?
Old 11-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Really? What exactly did he say?
He said a bunch of Republican turkeys have been trying to get into the White House via the elections. Haw haw haw! Chortle, chortle!

A very sincere thanks for your suggestions with the blackfish chowder. It has been a huge hit with my whole family, bringing 3 gallons to Thanksgiving. Made it 3 times in the last few weeks. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!!
Old 11-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
Huh?

Did the civil right act pass just before he got into office? I don't think so.

Bill Clinton was President for 8 years. He didn't do this, not in public. Clinton knew that he was President of the whole country, not just those who kiss his feet. Obama is so thin-skinned and vindictive, he can't open his mouth to pardon a turkey without letting hs hate spew out of his mouth.

Who tried to take away his country and his religion? How does one do that, exactly? Who wants to take away "Black Liberation Theology"?

The poor, victimized black man. Everyone who didn't vote for him is in the Klan.
Did you forget when the teabaggers insisted he was a Muslim? Where was there any proof? Did you forget when the teabaggers claimed he was not born in the US? Where was there any proof? Come on, you know a big part of the teabaggers anger stemmed from his being black.

Don't get surprised when you insult someone that you get insulted back.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:33 AM   #49
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, the ONLY way you can show that his religion had anything to do with this, is to show that he would have been treated differently, if he wasn't Muslim. Do Mormon kids who bring in bomb look-alikes, not get in trouble?

You show us that non-Muslims don't get in trouble for bringing in things to school that look like weapons, and you have a case. But we all know you don't. All kinds of kids get in trouble for bringing in things that anyone could perceive as maybe being a weapon. But you had to play the bigot card, with zero evidence. Yawn.
As I said I didn't have a problem with the suspension as I agreed that the schools need to err on the side of caution. However, once he stated it was a clock it looks like they refused to believe him. It would be interesting to pull up one of those threads about previous school suspensions to see would complain about the suspensions and the "liberal" schools.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #50
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
He said a bunch of Republican turkeys have been trying to get into the White House via the elections. Haw haw haw! Chortle, chortle!
This is an election cycle, right?
Some of the candidates running to become president are republicans, right?

Who is thin skinned here Jim, seriously. Stop getting your fake outrage from Breitbart et al., it will me a much happier thanksgiving for you and yours.

The republicans running sure do like to play pretend...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2446524

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #51
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

it will me a much happier thanksgiving for you and yours.
check back later after these guys have been drinking for a while
Old 11-26-2015, 11:03 AM   #52
Nebe

Is rather have a turkey in the whitehouse than trump
Old 11-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #53
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Is rather have a turkey in the whitehouse than trump
That's why you're supporting Bernie 😂
Old 11-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #54
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
The latent racism in this thread is pretty interesting.

Really? Point it out

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 11-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #55
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
That's why you're supporting Bernie 😂
Touché !
Old 11-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #56
spence

Quote:
That's not what he said.

He joked...

Quote:
"As you may have heard, for months, there has been a fierce competition between a bunch of turkeys trying to win their way into the White House," Obama said.
I know I've been telling you this for a few years now, but you do realize all those right wing websites pretending to be "news" just make stuff up don't you?
Old 11-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
This is an election cycle, right?
Some of the candidates running to become president are republicans, right?

Who is thin skinned here Jim, seriously. Stop getting your fake outrage from Breitbart et al., it will me a much happier thanksgiving for you and yours.

The republicans running sure do like to play pretend...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2446524
Rock, this isn't the first presidential election we have ever had. But I follow these things, and I have never, ever seen such a vindictive, thin-skinned jerk. He cannot let any perceived slight go. How many times has he cried about Foxnews? Yet when the GOP candidates complain about the hideous moderating at CNBC, Obama attacks them for being "afraid of the media", but it's OK when he whines about Foxnews. I don't remember Clinton acting like such a crybaby, nor Bush. Chris Matthews, he of the "I get a tingle up my thigh" from Obama, has said he needs to stop acting in a manner so un-presidential. He couldn't pardon a turkey without showing everyone what an ass he is.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's not what he said.

He joked...

I know I've been telling you this for a few years now, but you do realize all those right wing websites pretending to be "news" just make stuff up don't you?
I'm sorry, what's the difference between what he said, and what I claimed he said?
Old 11-27-2015, 09:42 AM   #59
spence

Quote:
I'm sorry, what's the difference between what he said, and what I claimed he said?
Really?
Old 11-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #60
spence

Quote:
He couldn't pardon a turkey without showing everyone what an ass he is.
Really?