Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #31
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Don’t get distraught,the mods will save you. Look at you,all grown up now? What a big boy. Now give your life partner his tablet back.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Seriously - don't you have any pride?
Old 04-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Has Reade's story changed? Has her brother's story changed?

Compare Reade's allegations against Biden where she has changed her story vs. Ford whose story didn't change. There were numerous witnesses that wanted to testify/talk to the FBI that where never contacted.

Either way, Trump, Biden and Kavanaugh accusers should all have been given a change to confront them, with witnesses, etc.
i don’t know if it’s changed. none of the networks will report on it, son it's hard to know a lot of details. we know Ford’s story changed, and that didn’t stop the firestorm
against kavanaugh. So my question stands, why the stark contrast in reaction from the media and liberals.

fords story didn’t change? are you serious? she kept changing which year, for one.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:49 PM   #33
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i don’t know if it’s changed. none of the networks will report on it, son it's hard to know a lot of details. we know Ford’s story changed, and that didn’t stop the firestorm
against kavanaugh. So my question stands, why the stark contrast in reaction from the media and liberals. What reaction? I've said investigate all 3.

fords story didn’t change? are you serious? she kept changing which year, for one.
The liberal media broke the story originally. Reade and her brother both changed their story. Ford said she couldn't remember some of the details (which is common w/rape victims) but never changed her story. FYI - Reade doesn't remember the date either.

Either way - investigate all 3.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #34
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
against kavanaugh. So my question stands, why the stark contrast in reaction from the media and liberals.

I first read about it on CNN....

Investigate. I'd rather it be now rather than October....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-28-2020, 11:34 PM   #35
scottw

corroborating evidence is piling up...
Old 04-29-2020, 08:04 AM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
corroborating evidence is piling up...
We have WAY, WAAAAAAY more than there ever was against Kavanaugh. Ford had zero contemporaneous corroboration.

Hilary announces she's supporting the abuser. As usual.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:09 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The liberal media broke the story originally. Reade and her brother both changed their story. Ford said she couldn't remember some of the details (which is common w/rape victims) but never changed her story. FYI - Reade doesn't remember the date either.

Either way - investigate all 3.
"What reaction? I've said investigate all 3. '

No offense, but when I say "liberal reaction to the Biden accusations", I don't mean you, one guy on a fishing site. I mean politicians, cable hosts, his potential running mates. I mean the unprincipled jerks who were convinced of Kavanaughs guilt and saying he should get voted down, but have nothing to say now with Biden, where there is far more supporting evidence.

I don't think Biden should step aside unless it's proven, but I said the same thing about Kavanaugh. The liberal hypocrisy here is amazing. Amazing that they don't expect to get called on it.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:17 AM   #38
Sea Dangles

Very sad indeed
Old 04-29-2020, 09:23 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

Wonder why the Trump* media is now going after Biden on this, after they failed with Ukraine, Hunter and there are 35+ allegations of rape against Trump*.

55% of Americans disapprove of Trump's handling of coronavirus, a 6 point *jump* in the last month. Only 44% approve.

By 55-40, they prefer Biden over Trump on coronavirus

By 51-44, they prefer Biden to Trump on the economy (really big)

Currently Trump* is arguing in court that he should not have to give a DNA sample in one case, since he is too busy.
Obtaining a DNA sample is less intrusive that a Covid-19 test that he claims he has done regularly and also uses a swab.
It would only take a couple of minutes.

As far as Tara Reade goes

The Statute ran out so it won't get an official investigation which it would have had she come out in 2009.
But she was to busy praising Joe from 2003 to 2017.

It’s being reported in the media that “her mother called a radio station” no, some unnamed woman did & talked about a “problem with a senator”.
Her mother isn’t alive to say, Biden was VP & on the ticket twice & this never came up? I call BS.

I believe Tara Reade’s allegations need to be investigated thoroughly and fairly. But I certainly do not believe her automatically. Where is the justice in that?

I also believe the allegations against Trump and Kavanaugh should have been investigated in the same way. They were not.

The hard part is under what legal premise should any of them be investigated, of the three only Trump is facing possible criminal charges.

Other than that they all boil down to she said-he denied and there is no way to compel testimony.

But there is one video.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 09:25 AM   #40
wdmso

Unless his finger still smells or she kept the Dress or has video or love letters . It just he said she said ..

Jim you can call it. Liberal hypocrisy. When the whole republican party did the same thing with Trump.. again being heard. Is not the same as being belived
Old 04-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Unless his finger still smells or she kept the Dress or has video or love letters . It just he said she said ..

Jim you can call it. Liberal hypocrisy. When the whole republican party did the same thing with Trump.. again being heard. Is not the same as being belived
Let's be very clear, I agree it's he said/she said, and to me, that's not enough. One more time, I don't think Biden should have to step down.

However, YOUR SIDE was quite satisfied that "he said - she said" was more than enough, when it came to Kavanaugh. I'd love to hear an explanation from you, as to why an accusation alone was enough for liberals to treat Kavanaugh as if he was guilty, but suddenly it's not enough to conclude Biden is guilty. What's the difference?

During the Kavanaugh hearings, Biden himself said it was our duty to assume these women are telling the truth. Is there any reason why that should only apply to Republicans?

This isn't about Biden. It's about the entire democratic world pivoting 180 degrees from what they were saying with Kavanaugh. As always, they want it both ways.

"Jim you can call it. Liberal hypocrisy'

What else would you call it? By what possible logic cam liberals say an accusation was enough to doom Kavanaugh, but not enough to doom Biden?

How can you spin this any other way?
Old 04-29-2020, 11:29 AM   #42
zimmy

Among the lurid details of the lawsuit, Jane Doe alleged Trump tied her to a bed, "forcibly raped" her and threatened her and her family with physical harm, if not death, if she told anyone about the assault. "I understood that Mr. Trump and Mr. Epstein knew that I was 13 years old," Jane Doe wrote in an affidavit
Old 04-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Among the lurid details of the lawsuit, Jane Doe alleged Trump tied her to a bed, "forcibly raped" her and threatened her and her family with physical harm, if not death, if she told anyone about the assault. "I understood that Mr. Trump and Mr. Epstein knew that I was 13 years old," Jane Doe wrote in an affidavit
SO do we assume that an accusation means guilt? Or do we only assume that for Republicans? We need a standard, and it needs to be applied consistently. Is that asking too much?
Old 04-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #44
Pete F.
Canceled

Let's see if anyone filed anything in court

http://thememoryhole2.org/blog/doe-v-trump

PS I’m old enough to remember when they were gonna find out where the 107 million in Trump Inaugural funds went?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Let's see if anyone filed anything in court

http://thememoryhole2.org/blog/doe-v-trump

PS I’m old enough to remember when they were gonna find out where the 107 million in Trump Inaugural funds went?
Biden's accuser filed criminal charges. Filing charges that you know are false, is a crime. Does that count?
Old 04-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Ms Reade filed a criminal complaint on 9 April 2020 with police, saying she was a victim of sexual assault but did not name Mr Biden.

She said in a tweet that she filed the complaint "for safety reasons only", as the statute of limitations for her claim have expired and she had begun to receive online threats.

One of Trump*s 35+ cases is currently in court.

Donald Trump has been credibly accused of rape. His co-defendant in one case died mysteriously in jail. Many, many women have come forward to say that he harassed and assaulted them. Those allegations are another thing that everybody knows. And yet.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 02:27 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ms Reade filed a criminal complaint on 9 April 2020 with police, saying she was a victim of sexual assault but did not name Mr Biden.

She said in a tweet that she filed the complaint "for safety reasons only", as the statute of limitations for her claim have expired and she had begun to receive online threats.

One of Trump*s 35+ cases is currently in court.

Donald Trump has been credibly accused of rape. His co-defendant in one case died mysteriously in jail. Many, many women have come forward to say that he harassed and assaulted them. Those allegations are another thing that everybody knows. And yet.
Biden has, what, 7 accusers?

Again, let's establish a reasonable standard, and apply it consistently. I can live with that. But if the standard is that accusations are enough, no one will be able to run for anything.

The standard needs to be more than a mere accusation. But a mere accusation, was enough for democrats and the media to sink Kavanaugh. That's why the reaction to Biden is such a joke. In no time at all, it went from "believe all women", to "innocent until proven guilty".

"And yet"

I don't think most people who side with Trump on the accusations, are holding Biden to a different standard. We are pointing out that all the democrats who said Kavanaugh was unfit, should be saying that Biden is unfit. Because everyone who was opposed to Kavanaugh's confirmation, was saying that an accusation was enough.

I don't think an accusation is nearly enough. Not enough to sink Trump, Kavanaugh, or Biden.

I don't think many Republicans are saying Biden should step down. I think we are saying that democrats should be demanding that Biden step down, using the same standard they applied to Kavanaugh.
Old 04-29-2020, 05:52 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Accusations of what crime?

Just what did the other women accuse Biden of?

List them and their accusations.

I'll list Trump*s 35 and theirs.

There is so much smoke around Trump* that you know there is a fire unless you are so deeply buried in the Trump* narrative that if you concede your only choice is suicide.

As far as Kavanaugh goes, he's the guy who wanted to question Clinton in public about every single detail of his alleged sexual affair(s) but squealed like a stuck pig when anyone asked about his life. And no, his was not investigated. And yes, he is on the Supreme Court for life.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #49
detbuch

Jim, do you notice how Pete F does his often used thread hijack trick in order to rag on Trump? He makes absolutely no attempt to address your thesis in this thread, the hypocrisy of the Dems in how they react to the Biden thing vs how they did with Kavanaugh, but jumps straightway to Trump is a bad guy. Saturday-Night-like comedy.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-29-2020 at 06:26 PM..
Old 04-29-2020, 07:12 PM   #50
hq2

On this one, I definitely think the dems should ask Biden to step aside. There’s still time to get someone else (younger) and less sleazy. There are a lot of accusers, and these accusations take away much of Biden’s credibility and appeal to female voters.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Unfortunately there’s nothing comedic about the incompetence of this administration.
Much more of a tragic comedy where the lead of the farce is President Pinesol.
A million plus infected and
More dead than Vietnam
And the con man thinks he deserves praise.
Impressive
Old 04-29-2020, 07:23 PM   #52
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
On this one, I definitely think the dems should ask Biden to step aside. There’s still time to get someone else (younger) and less sleazy. There are a lot of accusers, and these accusations take away much of Biden’s credibility and appeal to female voters.
You might as well just vote for Trump*

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 07:27 PM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
Unfortunately there’s nothing comedic about the incompetence of this administration.
Much more of a tragic comedy where the lead of the farce is President Pinesol.
A million plus infected and
More dead than Vietnam
And the con man thinks he deserves praise.
Impressive
Save yourself a lot of time and effort. Just copy this post and paste in every thread no matter what the subject is.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:32 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Save yourself a lot of time and effort. Just copy this post and paste in every thread no matter what the subject is.
Just stay on brand all the time that’s your motto.
You’ll be ecstatic when America descends to the third world.
America Alone

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 07:36 PM   #55
detbuch

Quote:
America Alone
I think Jim is right. The Dems are absolute hypocrites by not saying and acting to the accusation against Biden as they did to the accusation against Kavanaugh.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
America Alone

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 08:17 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I think Jim is right. The Dems are absolute hypocrites by not saying and acting to the accusation against Biden as they did to the accusation against Kavanaugh.
And the Trumplicans are not because they have ignored 35 accusations against Trump* never mind the court cases and payoffs of porn stars.
Apparently that’s just Trumplican’s dream scenario, little #^&#^&#^&#^&, fake tits and a little moaning
Congratulations on your wet dreams

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #58
hq2

Memo to Pete F. Need to stop ranting. We all know Mr. Lysol is the biggest idiot in American history. But the evidence speaks for itself. It doesn’t need to be shouted.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #59
zimmy

Quote:
SO do we assume that an accusation means guilt? Or do we only assume that for Republicans? We need a standard, and it needs to be applied consistently. Is that asking too much?
You want to know what everyone thinks about Reade. You want to know why cnn didn't bring her up with Biden. You obsess; you whine about hypocrisy. Yet, do you obsess about why Faux and its talking heads didn't concern themselves with a suit about Trump raping a child associated with Epstein? Do you whine about their hypocrisy on 4 billion issues? No, you don't. Your hypocrisy whining is hypocritical.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:35 PM   #60
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq2 View Post
Memo to Pete F. Need to stop ranting. We all know Mr. Lysol is the biggest idiot in American history. But the evidence speaks for itself. It doesn’t need to be shouted.
Well, Jim, as you can see, these guys know how to employ slight of hand (typing hand) to deke away from having to rationally discuss your premise. If they can't honestly discuss, then just divert, fake, and repeat their preferred TDS mantras.