Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Ultimate Swamp Drainers

It seems Senator Grassley is concerned. Too little, too late and you are dreaming if you think any Trumplican in Congress is going to do anything. They gave up any chance of constitutionally required oversight on January 31, 2020 when they voted to not call witnesses.

Excerpts from his letter to Trump*
The rest is here https://www.grassley.senate.gov/site...te%20IG%29.pdf

Dear President Trump:
On Friday, May 15, you provided notice to Congress of your intent to remove the State Department Inspector General (State IG) Steve Linick. This follows the recent removal of the Intelligence Community Inspector General (IC IG) Michael Atkinson, which generated several letters of concern from the Senate, including a bipartisan letter that I drafted with several of my colleagues.
We still have received no official response. As you know, Congress created inspectors general to combat waste, fraud, and abuse, and to be independent watchdogs holding federal agencies accountable to the taxpayer. In light of their important and unique role, they report to both the President and Congress. To guard them from unwarranted political attacks from all sides, including from officials that they are duty bound to critique, Congress provided IGs with some additional protections. One of those is the requirement that the President provide notice and explanation to Congress 30 days before the removal of an IG.

As mentioned in previous letters, Congress’s intent is clear that an expression of lost confidence, without further explanation, is not sufficient to fulfill the requirements of the IG Reform Act.
This is in large part because Congress intended that inspectors general only be removed when there is clear evidence of unfitness, wrongdoing, or failure to perform the duties of the office.

IGs are intended to be equal opportunity investigators and are designed to combat waste, fraud, abuse, and misconduct without regard to political affiliation. They are the ultimate swamp drainers. Many IGs span multiple administrations and work in a nonpartisan manner to provide objective oversight of the Federal Government. Removal of IGs without explanation could create a chilling effect in the oversight community, and risks decreasing the quantity, quality, fidelity, and veracity of their reports.
These concerns are only amplified when an acting IG is appointed from the agency that the IG oversees, a situation that creates obvious conflicts of interest. And particularly when, as is alleged here (and in the case of the new acting Inspector General for the Department of Transportation), the newly appointed acting IG leadership are political appointees at the agency, who reportedly plan to keep their political appointments while serving as head of an inspector general office. If this is true, it means that while still reporting to the agency secretary, they will have oversight of and access to all confidential inspector general information, including whistleblower complaints and identities. As you work toward filling IG roles, it is absolutely imperative than any acting leadership do not create obvious conflicts that unduly threaten the statutorily required independence of inspectors general.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-18-2020, 03:14 PM   #2
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime. Get used to the greatness

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump* has a message for his supporters “I’m telling you Obama, Biden, Pelosi & Schiff are after me. They’re riding donkeys up the driveway right now. They’re out to get me. Me, whom people call the greatest president ever in the history of the country, maybe in the history of the universe. Wouldn’t you agree?”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

I have a message for Bitchslappedboy
He wins in a landslide

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-18-2020, 09:10 PM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Bill Barr and Chris Wray had a press conference devoted to admitting that the Trump* Administration let an Al Qaeda affiliate onto our military bases to be trained by us, but forgot to mention the vetting failure.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:35 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Bill Barr and Chris Wray had a press conference devoted to admitting that the Trump* Administration let an Al Qaeda affiliate onto our military bases to be trained by us, but forgot to mention the vetting failure.
Oh yeah . . . with your relentless help, if they'll just listen, they're gonna get him.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Oh yeah . . . with your relentless help, if they'll just listen, they're gonna get him.
It will only take a small number of voters.

You really have to marvel at the fact that Joe Biden has basically hung out at home & still hasn’t even announced a VP... yet continues to add to his polling advantage against the incumbent.

That’s how bad of a leader Trump* is, almost every other national leader worldwide has gained in approval.

You don't even need to wear a mask, just take Hydroxychloroquin and you'll be alright even if you are morbidly obese.
I'll translate that into Trumpspeak "you are a fat pig".

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
It will only take a small number of voters.

You really have to marvel at the fact that Joe Biden has basically hung out at home & still hasn’t even announced a VP... yet continues to add to his polling advantage against the incumbent.

That’s how bad of a leader Trump* is, almost every other national leader worldwide has gained in approval.

You don't even need to wear a mask, just take Hydroxychloroquin and you'll be alright even if you are morbidly obese.
I'll translate that into Trumpspeak "you are a fat pig".
I marvel at your persistence.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:55 PM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I marvel at your persistence.
Yet you match it

Q: What’s the quickest way to lose 300 pounds of ugly fat?

A: The 25th Amendment.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Yet you match it

Q: What’s the quickest way to lose 300 pounds of ugly fat?

A: The 25th Amendment.
You have a beautiful mind.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #11
Sea Dangles

He is obsessed yet Bitchslappedboy.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-19-2020, 07:37 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He is obsessed yet Bitchslappedboy.
Boat still running?

Lets Go Darwin