Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 10-12-2019, 04:34 AM   #1
Rmarsh

You're right about the cardboard Slip...it's a huge PIA.
There has been a few times lately that my young apprentice has unboxed all the cabinets and dealt with all that packaging...it's like getting a head start.

On the subject of job site debris......it amazes and disgusts me how much junk we generate building these houses. Constantly filling 30 yard dumpsters with it all....along with contributions of mattresses and TV's from all the neighbors.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 10-12-2019 at 04:53 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
trevier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
You're right about the cardboard Slip...it's a huge PIA.
There has been a few times lately that my young apprentice has unboxed all the cabinets and dealt with all that packaging...it's like getting a head start.

On the subject of job site debris......it amazes and disgusts me how much junk we generate building these houses. Constantly filling 30 yard dumpsters with it all....along with contributions of mattresses and TV's from all the neighbors.
When my uncle built his own house in cumberland ri he brought one of his dumpsters from his company to his house that was strictly for cardboard only. He owns a recycling company in mansfield mass. He was amazed at the amount of cardboard that came out of his house.
trevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:09 AM   #3
Rmarsh

Lamp posts

We have a 40 lot subdivision.....which has just about sold out in two years thanks to the thriving economy. Boss decided every home will have one of these pvc lamp posts in the front yard alongside the driveway. I've been building them in my shop...five at a time. After completing about 35 I think I have the build process down. Really enjoy working alone in my shop...crank up my playlist and the heater and I'm good.

Last edited by Rmarsh; 08-26-2023 at 06:00 AM..
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote