Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Pats have the worst fans in the NFL

Pats have the worst fans in the NFL - According to Bolttalk, the "Classy" San Diego Chargers forum

http://www.bolttalk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11513

This is just a wee thread of many over there

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

yeah, and the Indy fans showed a lot of class booing a 15 year old girl during the game last week.....that was pretty sad.

Chargers are already talking trash about the Patriots now too....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
boot man

Success breeds contempt.

New England the worst "_______" ever. Fill in the blank.
According to the rest of the country, the Patriots cheated all season long, the Coach has no class, Brady is arrogant, Harrison is dirty, the list goes on and on...

Kinda like the way i feel about the Yankees.
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #4
NIB

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
ThomCat

[QUOTE=boot man;555653]Success breeds contempt.

New England the worst Team to Provoke ever. Fill in the blank.
According to the rest of the country, the Patriots cheated all season long, the Coach has no class, Brady is arrogant, Harrison is dirty, the list goes on and on...

Catch'em up,
ThomCat
ThomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Saw that this morning on the news and was glad to hear that. She didn't deserve to be booed....totaly classless in Indy.

and reading the posts from the guy that started that Chrgers thread he doesn't look to brimming with class himself

Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
fishsmith
DDG-51

Fans don't make plays. But if wins and losses mean anything, since 1978 We're 10 - 0 at home in the playoffs, that charger guy can keep digging.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

On Monday Morning I think we should all join that site and drop by to say Hello to that tool

Old 01-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #9
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post

I saw this elsewhere

------------------------------------------------------------------------
During the first game of the season against the Jets on 9/9/2007, the Patriots were caught filming the Jets coachs with a hand-held camera on the sidelines. The league determined they had broken a league rule and handed down a punishment of losing their first round draft pick and 3/4 of a million dollars.

First, I want to make it clear what the Patriots were NOT penalized for by the league:

1 ) The Patriots were NOT punished for "stealing signs". "Stealing signs" is not and has never been illegal in the NFL.

2 ) The Patriots were NOT punished for taping the Jets sideline. Taping the opposing team's sideline from an approved location is not and has never been illegal in the NFL.

3 ) The Patriots were NOT punished for using these video-taped clips during half time. Using videos during the game IS illegal and it was determined by the NFL that the Patriots did not do this (particularly because the tape was taken away before the Patriots employee made it to the locker room).

4 ) The Patriots were NOT punished for getting a competitive advantage during the game against the Jets. The commissioner stated this explicited after he delivered his punishment ... and no informed person would argue the taping had any impact on the outcome of the Jets game regardless.

The Patriots WERE punished for taping during the game FROM THE SIDELINES. A memo in 2006 established that the location of the camera is important ... and the Patriots violated the rule. The punishment was the result of the commissioner wanting to make an example out of Belichick, since it's clear Belichick was openly ignoring and violating the relatively new rule.

From game 1 forward, the Patriots were under intense media and league scrutiny in regards to their taping practices and their compliance with other league rules. If ANY team has FOLLOWED league rules during the 2007 season, it was the New England Patriots.

Most trolls who believe the Patriots were cheating ignore the facts of what "spygate" actually is. After considering the facts, if you think the 2007 Patriots team is "a bunch of cheaters", that's your opinion, but I think you're wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------

I think the media are whiners if they don't like it That Bill never really explained why they taped on the sideline anyway. He did explain that it was their interpretation of the rule(meaning not using the film during the game) , but the media still whines that he didn't explain it enough so you had one douche not even vote for him for the coach of the year because of that He is pretty consistant how he coaches and doesn't go into any detail with injury reports, there is no way he will go into the spygate reasoning ever.

The Pats will take care of business on Sunday.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #10
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
After we pummel the Chargers all we will hear from the rest of the country is how...."The Chargers were all beat up and if they were healthy it would have been a different outcome"! Yeah......different like they would have been healthy and still lost!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
wrikerjr

Harrison has always been a dirty player, he just gets more acknowledgement now that he is on a perenial superbowl contender.
wrikerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Oh Oh....Somebody let Bass Dawg loose......He's over there Starting Chit

Old 01-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #13
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

That is some hilarious stuff, John R !

If you have some time check out the bottom of page 4 and the top of 5 ova there, fellas. I tried to be subdued....................

I mean the forum is entitled "Smack Talk". That was kinda fun, actually. They still are on the outside looking in, then again LT isn't getting any younger and it looks as though Rivers will ALWAYS be The Hothead .

Just makes me appreciate, exponentially, what we have here in NE and the way that our TEAM approaches their bizness of FOOTBALL. There never has been ~nor will there ever be~ another franchise like this one. Sure is SWEEEET to be enjoying this RIDE .

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #14
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Oh Oh....Somebody let Bass Dawg loose......He's over there Starting Chit
That was only the first volley, and mostly shot overhead

as a warning. Didn't take much to get them riled, eh ?

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #15
fishbones

Well done, Bassdawg. I have never seen such a bunch of insecure jerks on one site. Notice how many of them include references to male body parts and pictures of said body parts. I think most of these guys would be happier living about 500 miles north of San Diego, if you know what I mean.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #16
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I guess the Bolts don't play too many road games at the Linc in Philly, if they think that the Pats have the NFL's worst fans

Look--it's San Diego. Their baseball team sucks. The best closer in the NL lost a play-in game to the Rockies. Their football team was down 21-0 in their only SB appearance to date, before the first quarter was even half over. The Niners just coasted after that. And in their one shot at a pro basketball team, the team picked up and moved to Houston.

What the hell do they know about sports there, anyway?

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #17
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

I hear ya, looks like they are pitching
for the wrong team and very childishly at that !

Wasn't even going to dignify his avatar with a response,
but then I thought, WTF!!!

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
Hooper
Southsider

Olshansky made himself look like a freakin' moron when he shot off his mouth after their great win over Indy. I cannot wait to see the Pats advance on Sunday.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:21 PM   #19
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
What the hell do they know about sports there, anyway?
So True, Mike P! They have yet to feel a tinge of the Pain that we have perfected to a science .

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_King View Post
Not to mention the way the Chargers were dancing around and celebrating like they just won the Super Bowl.Maybe that was their Super Bowl?
I still almost p*ss myself when I watch this:
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/...-more-worried/
Thanks, SK ~that is some hilarious sheet he's spewing!!!

What, is he DL or LB? No matter, either position will have a larger bull's-eye painted on his jersey than AJ Smith did!!! These kids just doan get it, do they?? Even more telling is the ways in which Turner, LT, and Merrimen are spinning Rivers' latest loudmouthed behavior. Anybody else get a load of that crap on ESPN?

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #21
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Everyone hates a winner. always been that way, always will. Isn't it time for some Santa Anna winds about now

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #22
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
For years people said the worst fans were in Oakland !

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #23
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Well that makes sense Ronnie....they got the worst team!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:56 AM   #24
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot man View Post
Success breeds contempt.

New England the worst "_______" ever. Fill in the blank.

Kinda like the way i feel about the Yankees.
This is basically how I feel as well. I've gotten better at letting it all roll off my back since this is the same deal we give the Yankees and Yankees fans every year. We're the Yankees in multiple sports now (at least in regards to winning) so we might as well get used to it.

Here's another saying. "Living well is the best revenge." The Patriots are a decent team, the Red Sox just won the World Series, and the Celtics don't look too bad either. It's a good time to be a sports fan in New England...
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #25
spence

We are not the Yankees. Period.

It's a silly thought.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #26
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

While we tend to agree for the most part, SK, I have to respectfully disagree about calling them frauds. They would be frauds if they tried to defend their bad apples. Don't we also have our share of drunken rebel rousers that frequent Gillette and tarnish our rep? How's about the juvenile "Yankees Suck!" Crowd?

If The Kraft's move is considered classy, and it most certainly is, then by the very nature of what WTHR is doing for Anna and her family they also get a move upwards on the Class Acts Chart. They didn't make the boos happen, but they are trying to "put the toothpaste back into the tube" ~so to speak. Not too shabby a peace offering if ya ask me ?

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #27
fishbones

I read the article to mean that the t.v. station was making the offer to the girl, not the Colts organization. Nice move on the part of the station. I'm sure it's good publicity for them and they probably don't pay a cent for the tickets, etc...
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #28
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I can understand the Patriots being disliked. But how in the name of God did the Red Sox turn into the new Evil Empire, instead of everyone's loveable losers, with 2 WS wins in 4 years after an 86 year gap?

Francona is the "anti-Belichick" when it comes to his personality and dealing with the media. Most of their players are either loveable goofballs like Manny, or bland vanilla personalities who never gave anyone a reason to dislike them. Why has the rest of the country seceded from The Nation so quickly?

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:18 PM   #29
boot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I can understand the Patriots being disliked. But how in the name of God did the Red Sox turn into the new Evil Empire, instead of everyone's loveable losers, with 2 WS wins in 4 years after an 86 year gap?

Francona is the "anti-Belichick" when it comes to his personality and dealing with the media. Most of their players are either loveable goofballs like Manny, or bland vanilla personalities who never gave anyone a reason to dislike them. Why has the rest of the country seceded from The Nation so quickly?
1. Sox fans "travel well", often outnumbering locals and starting with "Let's Go RED SOX" chants.
2. Behind only the MF Yankees in payroll
3. We think Manny's a loveable goofball, they think he's a highpaid hotdog. He and Ortiz pose in the batter's box long after the ball has left the park. (Pedro would have drilled them in the a$$ the next time thru the order)
4. Ortiz and Youk complain after every called strike.
5. Schilling's a know it all.
6. Everybody roots for the lovable loser, once they win, sayonara.

I still love them but I wish they would play like they knew every little league kid is going to imitate their actions
boot man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:34 PM   #30
Hooper
Southsider

Regarding the girl getting booed by the Colts fans.... let's be honest here, I don't care if a toddler was wearing a Colts jersey at Gillette, we'll boo 'em! It's the crowd mentality, fueled by Budweiser.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote