Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
spence

Game 7 Thread

This should be good.

I am concerned about the inside with Perkins being out. But if we play as a team we can win. Pierce needs to have a good game.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Can't go 6 minutes with a #%^@*#$ basket

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
spence

Defense is strong but LA is making their chances...boards, boards...

-spence
Old 06-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Nebe

game over.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #5
Dad 818
Hunting for a 40

Now it's over.
Dad 818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
game over.
Thanks for jinxing it gla$$hole.

-spence
Old 06-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
Nebe

It was obvious. Too many fouls. LA's defense was too much at the end. Great game though
Posted from my game jynxing device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 PM   #8
JohnnySaxatilis

such a bummer...... i hate to say it but, first 3 quarters they called it a physical game and celts were up. refs did everthing they could to make it close and guess what, come 4th quarter, ticky tac fouls with gasol eqauls BS free throws. game. FIRE ALL REFS
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:43 AM   #9
Saltheart

Very disappointing. I did notice the sudden shift in reffing with maybe 6 minutes to go and suddenly hollywood could do no wrong. However , no matter what the refs did or didn't do , this game was lost one trip up and down the court at a tiem. You cannot get outrebounded on the offensive boards by such a huge margin and expect to win. Its a simple as that. The dynamics of the game result in the defnsive team having a bettre shot at the rbounds that the shooting team. When the offensive team gets an offensive rebound its either a bad bounce or a big goof by the D. Now a bad bounce amounts to only a few , even on a bad night. The Celtics simply did not get the rebounds they should. In fact they got eaten alive. Now since this is exactly what happened in game 6 , I'm willing to dump the whole issue on the coach. If that wasn't item number one when reviewing the game 6 films and if he didn't have some changes made to do better on rebounding then the team was not prepared. Now I like Doc and think he's a great coach but either they missed making changes after game 6 or the players just didn't listen. Its a shame to lose a game they played so great in every other aspect of the game.

Anyway , it was a great game , a great series with LA and a great playoffs overall if you are a Celtics fan.

As far as the team doing it again next year , I don't know. Rondo gets better for sure , garnett has already lost a step. Ray Allen did a great job tonight controlling Kobes scoring but that just takes it all out of you physically and with tired legs , the jumpers just fall short all night. I think they could be in the running again next year but you have to do something to replace garnet and keep him for just the end like they did with walton way back when. When they get older thay can't play the whol;e game but if you keep them fresh and bring them in at crunch time , for a few minutes they can play as good as they ever did.

A great season for the fans to watch this team ,no banner but as exciting a team to watch as any of the previous Celtics Teams.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #10
JohnnySaxatilis

well said. But i think doc retires to watch his kids play ball, peirce probably will retire a celtic but how many years left at 34 yrs old?, the big three is OLDDDD....There's going to be major changes in the organization and you wont see a shadow of this team for a while i think. its time to start over and biuld from the ground up again. It was a good series i guess but you can't deny the fact that the officiating WAS ATROCIOUS!!!! but that only played a small part in their defeat like you said
JohnnySaxatilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:08 AM   #11
fishsmith
DDG-51

RAY ALLEN ..... RAY ALLEN ....

HAS ANYONE SEEN RAY ALLEN???
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #12
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Ray was doing a good job gaurding Kobe all night long
he was the celts high scorer in the 4th with only 8 points, I think it was a 3, a 2 and 3 free throws. yes he missed a lot but so did the others.

Wallace was as good as can be expected they just fell a little short
Per may have helped with rebounding but who knows, Garnett was not getting rebounds
Peirce must be tired , that's all I can think of, he must be worn down from many years of carrying the team.
They put out a huge effort but all for not
sucks
I guess it's too much to keep up that defense for all 4 quarters.

I'm sure Doc is gone
he was great, glad we had him here
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #13
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Bottom line LA was just too tall up front and without Perk were were screwed, although I am surprised we held our own but just ran out of gas. Congrats to those A Hole LA fans. They suck, and so does the zen master-bater. Celtics did us proud. Can't win them all.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:16 AM   #14
Van
zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Bottom line LA was just too tall up front and without Perk were were screwed, although I am surprised we held our own but just ran out of gas. Congrats to those A Hole LA fans. They suck, and so does the zen master-bater. Celtics did us proud. Can't win them all.
No Perkins....less rebounds.

4th quarter refs didn't help, but i think they just
RAN OUT OF GAS...

What a season though ,,,,,,who seriously thought it would go
this far?

Miami
Cleveland
Orlando
LA

WOW THANKS FOR AN OUTSTANDING SEASON

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Did we win?????

Seriously.....they had 2 games to win one game in and they played pitifully in both of them!!! No excuses, no reasons......they just sucked and thus deserved to lose! The best team won and if you think the Celts were the best team in any of those games you are delirious!!! They were an eight cylinder engine running on 5 cylinders at best!!! Lucky they pushed it to 7 games!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #16
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Jeez Lawrence they took them to 7 games and had an integral part of the team injured for game 7 and you could argue they probably lost because of not having that said tall guy in the lineup. Not bad for such a low seeded team and beating all but one of the so called best players in the NBA lead teams, D. Wade, King James, Superman, and thus lost in 7 to Kobe. Pretty darn good and not worthy of your assessment of the team. To harsh. The better team won yes but I think they gave it their all , especially in the last game, just ran out of gas and up against a taller rebounding team.

I think someone is eyeing you bike. you better go check.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 06-21-2010, 02:24 AM   #17
Saltheart

They didn't play pittifully in Game 7. They played damned good. They lost by a few points to the world Champions. They lead the whole game. The did get mordered off the offensive board. Who know how that would have changed with Perkins. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Losing does not mean you played pittifully , it means the other team played better. That could mean bnest ever and second best ever or mediocre vs pittifully. In this case it was very good against a little better.

They did really well this season. The playoff series were great and they went to 7 Games against the Lakers. I wish every Celtic team could do as well.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #18
Van
zoom

LARRY !!!!!!!!!!

Let's ease up on LARRY, he still PO'd because I stole his bike, and I'm gonna steal his new one too.

Just you wait and see........

Maybe you should have posted in the GOF forum ya ole fart !!!!

Love
Van

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #19
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

You guys are blind! Not sure what game 7 you were watching??? How did they play in game 6?? Perkins is way over rated! Rather see Big Baby in there anyway!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #20
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Lawrence, go put your wet suit on and stand in a cold shower.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #21
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Where are my damn rose colored glasses??!!!