Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 08-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
Speedwell

Send a message via Yahoo to Speedwell
Hello,from Speedwell

Been coming to the Sag/Scusset/Canal (Phillips Rd - Dennet's Cottages) since I was 17 (1966) I have been reading your posts for a while but only just got my eldest to get me set up at home which is a little town just south of Ottawa Ontario (450 miles from the Canal) ( the Canadian Navy takes a dim view of my getting into chats from work). My wife and I now come down each May and we come again in Sept with as many kids and hangers on as want to come ( my 2 girls are 21/23 and the 2 boys 24/26). Bringing my 2.5 yr old grandson for his first salt water dip Sept 13. I was born in a fishing town in North West England (Speedwell was my uncles trawler) and have salt water in my blood. Been fishing off the beach and canal for ever, flounder at first, then blues and stripers. Don't have crazy gear, Ugly Stiks and Penn reels but have done OK and love it. Hope to be a regular contributor now I can get on line. The camaraderie and simple human decency is obvious in what you post. You obviously care about each other, the environment and the elusive beasts we hunt.
Anyway, here's your newby joke:
This fat person goes to the doctor and says " look I've got to lose at least 100 pounds, this is killing me. I've tried everything but it doesn't work" The MD responds " We will take this slowly and get you on the right track". "For now just eat normally for two days and skip the third." "Do that three times in a row and come and see me on the tenth day." You will have lost about 5 pounds, then we can take more aggressive steps once you are in tune." On the tenth day the patient shows up and has lost nearly ten pounds, the MD is impressed and praises them. "Yes Doc, but I really thought I was going to die on the third day." Oh, the hunger pangs got you did they?" "No Doc, just skipping non stop plain wore me out."
Tight lines and good friendships
Speedwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:13 AM   #2
Raven

SPEEDWELL

WELCOME TO S-B

it's a wonderful place....
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 10:32 AM   #3
Slingah

welcome Speedwell...and thanks for the great 1rst post...
Slingah is offline   Reply With Quote