Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-20-2019, 11:47 AM   #1
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Also, the Washington Post article you linked, asked why Republicans are making an issue of religious freedom, which the article says is "uncontroversial".

Wayne, maybe you and the author of this celebration of ignorance, were asleep during the entire Obama presidency. But people who paid a speck of attention during those years, saw the religious freedoms of Christians, routinely attacked. Ask the owners of Hobby Lobby, the Little Sisters of the Poor, or the Christian baker who just won at the Supreme Court.

It's not a waste of time, to make sure that religious liberty is protected. And Christians aren't paranoid for worrying a little.
Again try reading the whole story it was uncontroversial til conservatives brought it to the table and that's where the controversy starts
It's what conservatives do they lie about a topic until it becomes truth and the everyone believes it in their base there is about as much voter fraud is there is religious discrimination Of course until you ask a conservative then it's rampant
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 03-20-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Old 03-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Again try reading the whole story it was uncontroversial til conservatives brought it to the table and that's where the controversy starts
It's what conservatives do they lie about a topic until it becomes truth and the everyone believes it in their base
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Obama made it controversial when he decided he could abolish freedom of religion to serve the liberal narrative. He made it controversial when his administration said that Muslim truck drivers could not be forced to abandon their religious beliefs at work, but refused to offer the same guarantees to Christians.

Think honestly for just two seconds...

"It's what conservatives do they lie about a topic "

What lies are you referring to? I referenced Christians who successfully sued Obama at the Supreme Court, for trampling their right to religious liberty. That happened, I'm not making it up.

I don't think Obama wanted to do away with Christianity, but he clearly overstepped, and the courts said so. Thank God for our system.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 03-20-2019 at 12:22 PM..
Old 03-20-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Obama made it controversial when he decided he could abolish freedom of religion to serve the liberal narrative. He made it controversial when his administration said that Muslim truck drivers could not be forced to abandon their religious beliefs at work, but refused to offer the same guarantees to Christians. you know this is a complete lie yet still push it as the facts

Think honestly for just two seconds...

"It's what conservatives do they lie about a topic " (see above)

What lies are you referring to? I referenced Christians who successfully sued Obama at the Supreme Court, for trampling their right to religious liberty. That happened, I'm not making it up. love to see your cases to support your claim

I don't think Obama wanted to do away with Christianity, but he clearly overstepped, and the courts said so. Thank God for our system.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.1d00b5900fae

Trump admin files more briefs in religious liberty cases than Obama, Bush

all about the base ...
Old 03-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:

all about the base ...
Thanks for informing us that the Trump administration is all about the base. Let us hope this practice doesn't catch on with other politicians.

Last edited by detbuch; 03-20-2019 at 04:37 PM..
Old 03-21-2019, 06:58 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Thanks for informing us that the Trump administration is all about the base. Let us hope this practice doesn't catch on with other politicians.
but he doesn't hate Trump...
Old 03-21-2019, 07:20 AM   #6
DZ

Both of my children went to private colleges - one was a VERY liberal school. All these schools required complete vaccination records before they could start classes. No record provided - can't attend classes.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:58 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:

all about the base ...
"you know this is a complete lie yet still push it as the facts "

I POSTED A LINK TO THE LAWSUIT THAT THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION FILED ON BEHALF OF THE TRUCK DRIVERS.

When the tr#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g company attempted to deny freedom of religion to the Muslim truck drivers, the Obama administration stepped in and protected their rights.

When Christian business owners were told by state governments that they had to abandon their religious beliefs at work, the Obama administration didn't help them, nor of course did the ACLU, which is literally founded to protect exactly these rights.

So what's the lie, exactly? I'm really curious to know what the lie is here.