Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-03-2022, 05:49 AM   #1
scottw

He Said It....

maher for president?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1487290045828501506
Old 02-03-2022, 08:17 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

That was hilarious
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-03-2022, 08:34 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
That was hilarious
It was funny, and brave in the sense that he's a very rare liberal, who can criticize his own side when he feels it's warranted.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:16 AM   #4
wdmso

Told you guys already there are no funny Conservatives . : Bill Maher been doing this for years it's not new or surprising .

Get back to US when you guys try policing your Own and as Jim put it (can criticize his own side when he feels it's warranted.) claps:

Seems Republicans and conservatives fingers only point one way

same goes for issues they Hijack then embrace it as their own but call it something else
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	273204796_10158030661146567_1308848920939808856_n.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	68727  
Old 02-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Told you guys already there are no funny Conservatives
watch the other video I just posted
Old 02-03-2022, 09:54 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Told you guys already there are no funny Conservatives . : Bill Maher been doing this for years it's not new or surprising .

Get back to US when you guys try policing your Own and as Jim put it (can criticize his own side when he feels it's warranted.) claps:

same goes for issues they Hijack then embrace it as their own but call it something else
Matt Walsh is the funniest person who talks about politics, Marc Steyn, Greg Guttfield, Adam Corrolla, I can keep going...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 02-03-2022 at 09:59 AM..
Old 02-03-2022, 09:56 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:

As to cancel culture, Sean Hannity (who I don't like), spent a lot of time last night saying Whoopi should not have been suspended.

Who in the GOP, is a big fan of cancel culture? I mean, your Simpsons meme is extremely impressive, but doesn't provide all that much supporting evidence. Zero, in fact. You've convinced yourself that it's conservatives, not liberals, who embrace cancel culture?

Whew.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:31 AM   #8
PaulS

Quote:

btu:
There are a few - only a few.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:33 AM   #9
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
As to cancel culture, Sean Hannity (who I don't like), spent a lot of time last night saying Whoopi should not have been suspended.

Who in the GOP, is a big fan of cancel culture? I mean, your Simpsons meme is extremely impressive, but doesn't provide all that much supporting evidence. Zero, in fact. You've convinced yourself that it's conservatives, not liberals, who embrace cancel culture?

Whew.
Seems Colin K would disagree and all the R law makers who stood up to Trump, and any author who the right doesn't like.

Whew.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:35 AM   #10
PaulS

Quote:
Matt Walsh is the funniest person who talks about politics, Marc Steyn, Greg Guttfield, Adam Corrolla, I can keep going...
haven't heard of 50% of those.

Just looked up matt walsh. Had a minor part on veep?
Old 02-03-2022, 10:46 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Seems Colin K would disagree and all the R law makers who stood up to Trump, and any author who the right doesn't like.

Whew.
Seems to be, that the NFL welcomed Michael Vick back with open arms. Seems to me, therefore, that maybe he just isn't that good of a quarterback. Are the NFL owners all right wingers? I have no idea.

"and any author who the right doesn't like."

Well, that issue went way over your head. You see, no one is saying those authors can't earn a living. But we don't necessarily need those books in public schools. If people want to choose to buy that crap, good for them. That doesn't mean I want my money used to buy those books, so that my kids have to see them.

Whoopi Goldberg (liberal) says unbelievably stupid things about the Holocaust, Disney gives her a 2 week suspension (if it's with pay, that's the same as a vacation).

Gina Carrano (a conservative) says something factually correct about the Holocaust, and the same Disney fires her on the spot.

That's a better comparison. Or all of social media refusing to allow any news about Hunter Biden's laptop before the election, then saying after the election that it was accurate information.

Paul, being opposed to spending public money on a book, is nowhere near the same thing, as saying the author shouldn't be able to make a living. If you want to show your children a book with illustrations of young boys blowing each other, that's your right, spend your money and time however you'd like. But please leave me, and my tax dollars, out of that scene.

That doesn't come close to making me a book burner. Our children have lost more than a year of standard education. They need more math, science, and actual literature. Not politically divisive crap.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:49 AM   #12
scottw

Whoopie could be a Supreme Court nominee...first Whoopie to serve on the supreme court
Old 02-03-2022, 11:02 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Whoopie could be a Supreme Court nominee...first Whoopie to serve on the supreme court
I'll never get the appeal of that show, a bunch of angry, uninformed dingbat hens spewing whatever is on their mind, no research or facts or thought. Why is that better than going to the diner and listening to what everyone else is saying?
Old 02-03-2022, 11:04 AM   #14
scottw

Quote:

I'll never get the appeal of that show, a bunch of angry, uninformed dingbat hens spewing whatever is on their mind, no research or facts or thought.
just like here
Old 02-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #15
PaulS

dennis miller

norm Mcdonald
Old 02-03-2022, 01:42 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
haven't heard of 50% of those.

Just looked up matt walsh. Had a minor part on veep?
I'm sure you haven't. I don't know if that Matt Walsh had a part on Veep. Hes a conservative commentator, very popular, brilliantly funny.
Old 02-03-2022, 03:16 PM   #17
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Adam Corolla used to host The Man Show with Jimmy Kimmel, funny ass show.