Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-06-2022, 09:58 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
here’s a list of some election denial influencers traveling the country to share their conspiracy theories with politicians and voters. Maybe you and marsh can buy a ticket and get front row . And fill everyone in

: MyPillow CEO and longtime Trump supporter Mike Lindell, former U.S. Army Captain Seth Keshel, former high school math and science teacher Douglas Frank, and former law professor David Clements.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
but totally ok when Stacey Abrams says her election was stolen.
Old 07-06-2022, 10:27 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You’re certainly glad about that.
Did she also have her minions storm the Georgia Statehouse?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-06-2022, 10:42 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You’re certainly glad about that.
Did she also have her minions storm the Georgia Statehouse?
So is it bad, or is it not bad, when Trump claimed the election was stolen? You guys made his claim out to be bad and crazy. But when I point out that Abrams makes the same claims, you move the goalposts.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:43 AM   #34
PaulS

You should compare what she did to what DT did after saying the election was stolen.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:48 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You should compare what she did to what DT did after saying the election was stolen.
we didn't know about all that until recently.

But all along, you guys were very critical of Trump, merely for suggesting it was stolen, you guys said it was crazy, dishonest, harmful because it undermined confidence in our elections. All of those things are true. And they can all be applied to Abrams just as much as they can be applied to Trump, but not one of you will hold her to anywhere near the same standard, because she's a democrat. And that's all that matters to every single one of you.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:54 AM   #36
PaulS

Quote:
we didn't know about all that until recently.

But all along, you guys were very critical of Trump, merely for suggesting it was stolen, you guys said it was crazy, dishonest, harmful because it undermined confidence in our elections. All of those things are true. And they can all be applied to Abrams just as much as they can be applied to Trump, but not one of you will hold her to anywhere near the same standard, because she's a democrat. And that's all that matters to every single one of you.
But you still constantly compare the 2. And what she claimed was not nearly the same as what DT said (and let's not forget what he did vs what she did).
Old 07-06-2022, 12:00 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
But you still constantly compare the 2. And what she claimed was not nearly the same as what DT said (and let's not forget what he did vs what she did).
Yes I compare the 2, and it's a perfectly valid comparison, because you all attacked Trump merely for suggesting the election was stolen. Abrams does the same thing, and she gets a pass.

If you were silent on the subject until after what we learned in the "hearings", then it would be a false comparison.

But you all went on and on for years, about how irresponsible it was for Trump to make baseless allegations of election theft. And I agree with you. But not one of you will criticize Abrams for doing the same exact thing.

In other words, there's obviously more to criticize Trump for. But ity's fact that making unproven allegations of election theft bothered you all when Trump did it, and you couldn't care less what Abrams did it.

Everything is OK when democrats do it
Old 07-06-2022, 12:12 PM   #38
PaulS

What DT did goes far beyond "merely suggesting the election was stolen". He actually tried to STEAL the election and from the first day after the election he was claiming it was stolen bc the counts changed - which everyone knew would happen w/early voting.

So there is no comparison between what a Dem did and what a Rep did.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:14 PM   #39
spence

Quote:
What DT did goes far beyond "merely suggesting the election was stolen". He actually tried to STEAL the election and from the first day after the election he was claiming it was stolen bc the counts changed - which everyone knew would happen w/early voting.

I wouldn't even engage Jim on this topic Paul, he's either got head trauma or is just trolling.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:39 PM   #40
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Whataboutism Jim is going to prove you wrong, even if Trump was claiming voter fraud was the only reason he could loose in 2016, his history of false statements is decades old actually but Jim will tell use why that’s wrong.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:15 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Whataboutism Jim is going to prove you wrong, even if Trump was claiming voter fraud was the only reason he could loose in 2016, his history of false statements is decades old actually but Jim will tell use why that’s wrong.
why is it whataboutism, , and not just me pointing out actual hypocrisy, when you all started menstruating when Trump made baseless claims of cheating, but none of you care when Abrams did the same?
m
Old 07-06-2022, 05:18 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:

FFS, i explicitly said he went way past that.

But at first, he started with baseless claims of cheating. When he had only done that, you guys went berserk. When Stacey Abrams did that, you were all
silent.

Please tell me what you don’t understand in the following sentences:

We eventually learned that trump went a lot further than just making baseless claims of fraud. But that’s all we knew it first. And when that was all we knew, it had you all foaming at the mouth.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:53 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
FFS, i explicitly said he went way past that.

But at first, he started with baseless claims of cheating. When he had only done that, you guys went berserk. When Stacey Abrams did that, you were all
silent.

Please tell me what you don’t understand in the following sentences:

We eventually learned that trump went a lot further than just making baseless claims of fraud. But that’s all we knew it first. And when that was all we knew, it had you all foaming at the mouth.
You can rationalize your support of the malignant narcissist, and claim that nobody could possibly see him for what he is, but others saw him for exactly who and what he is.

Your claim that morals and ethics mean nothing in a leader as long as you get what you want is quite telling.
As Liz Cheney said “ Tonight, I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible: There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain.”
Now go ahead and what about

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-06-2022, 08:08 PM   #44
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I guess no one commenting here saw the TicTok video that clearly shows what security that was there working on Jan 6th showed them moving gates out of the way, waving & telling people to go right in ��

Oh, I’m share that was fabricated or some conspiracy!
#^&#^&#^&#^&ing nothing but jerkoffs in this forum !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 07-06-2022, 08:11 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
I guess no one commenting here saw the TicTok video that clearly shows what security that was there working on Jan 6th showed them moving gates out of the way, waving & telling people to go right in ��

You mean like this?

https://youtu.be/jWJVMoe7OY0

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-07-2022, 07:47 AM   #46
wdmso

Quote:

The only jerk off here is you. Posting a tic toc video as evidence . To support your conspiracy that Jan 6th was some false flag operation
Old 07-07-2022, 07:50 AM   #47
wdmso

Quote:
Seems appropriate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E5B7C0B1-8D55-4310-A960-A2042E034FF1.png
Views:	75
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	69015  
Old 07-07-2022, 08:47 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems appropriate
which one of us blindly supports our party 100% of the time, and which one of us thinks there are good ideas on both sides, and can therefore rhino for himself?

Do you know which is me and which is you?
Old 07-07-2022, 01:58 PM   #49
Pete F.
Canceled

Speaking of blindly supporting

Fascinating numbers from new Monmouth poll.

"Should members of Congress who assisted the planners of January 6th be removed from office?"

Among all Americans: 66% yes, 26% no
Among independents: 65% yes, 27% no
Among Republicans: 48% no, 36% yes
Among Democrats: 94% yes, 5% no
Old 07-07-2022, 03:17 PM   #50
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

Oh I’m pretty sure you have the crown of the main jerkoff and you even have taken you angry hair across your arse attitude over to the main forum. Don’t you have a dog to kick or maybe you need a dog to hug, seems like your in a never ending ##$$&&##$$&& meltdown with each and every post.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:40 PM   #51
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
The only jerk off here is you. Posting a tic toc video as evidence . To support your conspiracy that Jan 6th was some false flag operation

If I could figure out how to save it and post you could bet your ass ide post it.
I’m all ears it you want to show me how.
Maybe Mr Redmond will teach me.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 07-09-2022, 08:05 AM   #52
Nebe

Quote:
If I could figure out how to save it and post you could bet your ass ide post it.
I’m all ears it you want to show me how.
Maybe Mr Redmond will teach me.
I think the teaching for you ended in the 8th grade