Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-23-2021, 05:53 AM   #1
scottw

must be nappy time...

The White House Correspondents’ Association has filed a formal complaint against Joe Biden after his aides refused to let him take any questions during his meeting in the Oval Office with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Prime Minister Johnson took three questions from the travelling press corps, but Biden’s handlers stepped in to shoo reporters away before they could ask Biden any questions.

The cacophonous shouting began while Johnson was still in mid sentence answering a reporter’s question, and while Biden appeared to be dozing off.

CBS News pointed out that it was not the usual protocol for only one side of a bilateral meeting at the White House to have to answer questions.

"CBS News'
@EdOkeefe
reports that during Pres. Biden's bilateral meeting with British PM Boris Johnson, U.S. press questions about the southern border were shouted down by White House aides. The president's answer was undecipherable."
Old 09-23-2021, 06:10 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-23-2021, 06:43 AM   #3
wdmso

Biden answered two questions then falls asleep ? thanks for the early morning laugh
Old 09-23-2021, 07:04 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Scott’s just hoping for Kamala to become President.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:37 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
that will be fabulous....soon too
Old 09-23-2021, 07:42 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Biden answered two questions then falls asleep ? thanks for the early morning laugh
maybe the vast right wing conspiracy reporter that was there is lying I don't but is't pretty funny and not surprising

CBS reporter Ed O’Keefe said that “Johnson took 3 questions. White House aides shouted down U.S. attempts to ask questions. I asked Biden about southern border and we couldn’t decipher what he said.”

he said " oh go you know the thing....c'mon man! "
Old 09-23-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
the entire white house press corps, almost all of which is way left leaning, filed a complaint.

Nothing to see there, right? Nothing to see there, itching to see in his polling numbers, it’s all right wing catnip.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-23-2021 at 08:58 AM..
Old 09-23-2021, 08:47 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
maybe the vast right wing conspiracy reporter that was there is lying I don't but is't pretty funny and not surprising

CBS reporter Ed O’Keefe said that “Johnson took 3 questions. White House aides shouted down U.S. attempts to ask questions. I asked Biden about southern border and we couldn’t decipher what he said.”

he said " oh go you know the thing....c'mon man! "
correct. that’s a cbs reporter, not fox news.

If O’Keefe isn’t careful, Biden might sick his old pal Corn Pop after him.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-23-2021 at 08:59 AM..
Old 09-23-2021, 09:25 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
most republicans want that, she polled in democrat primaries at what, 1%? until Tulsi Gabbard took her out to the woodshed on national TV.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Ask an Indian, they think its absurd that a lot of Americans saw Tulsi Gabbard as some sort of progressive anti-war candidate?

She literally supports the BJP in India and blatant, brain-dead Islamophobia flows in her blood. She's dangerous.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2021, 09:40 AM   #11
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
most republicans want that, she polled in democrat primaries at what, 1%? until Tulsi Gabbard took her out to the woodshed on national TV.
Won't happen, at least not until they see how things shake out after mid terms, because then they would lose the tie breaker vote in the senate.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-23-2021, 09:57 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Ask an Indian, they think its absurd that a lot of Americans saw Tulsi Gabbard as some sort of progressive anti-war candidate?

She literally supports the BJP in India and blatant, brain-dead Islamophobia flows in her blood. She's dangerous.
ever analyze the hate that flows from you?
Old 09-23-2021, 10:50 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:

She literally supports the BJP in India and blatant, brain-dead Islamophobia flows in her blood.

She's dangerous.
Last time i checked, Indians don’t decide presidential elections by themselves. So i’ll pass on asking your hand-picked Indian, thanks.

I’ll do that, right after you ask an Afghani who stuck his neck out to help America but is now being hunted by the Taliban, what he thinks of Biden’s withdrawal. Or, right after you ask the family of someone murdered by an illegal, what he thinks of Biden’s border policy.

Fair enough? You go first and report back to us what they say.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:51 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
ever analyze the hate that flows from you?
Gabbard dares to disagree with the Narrative on one or two issues. That isn’t allowed.
Old 09-23-2021, 10:57 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
the entire white house press corps, almost all of which is way left leaning, filed a complaint.

Nothing to see there, right? Nothing to see there, itching to see in his polling numbers, it’s all right wing catnip.
Jim as if on cue forgets the treatment of of the last press corps

but is upset and sticking up for the current One ? because they only got 2 questions out of Biden Yet Every presidential administration has a combative relationship with the White House press corps, but hea why should facts matter

But when Trump White House goes 300+ days without a press briefing or
“Trump wants people to believe that the reporters in that room are the opposition party.

Jim silent as the Grave Classic
Old 09-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim as if on cue forgets the treatment of of the last press corps

but is upset and sticking up for the current One ? because they only got 2 questions out of Biden Yet Every presidential administration has a combative relationship with the White House press corps, but hea why should facts matter

But when Trump White House goes 300+ days without a press briefing or
“Trump wants people to believe that the reporters in that room are the opposition party.

Jim silent as the Grave Classic
here’s the difference between us. I’ll
say now, as i said back then, Trumps treatment of the media was often embarrassing and inappropriate.

I can criticize trump when he deserves it. Can you do the same with Biden?

Nope. Instead, you attack the reporters who complained. Biden is the victim in your mind.

yet guy act as if i’m the one with no principles, when you’re the one with opposite standards depending on the party of the president. And every single person here, sees it, because it’s stupidly obvious.

Have fun making that wrong.

All the liberal reporters feel Biden’s is being inappropriate. You’re silent as we all knew you’d be.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-23-2021 at 12:16 PM..
Old 09-23-2021, 12:33 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
here’s the difference between us. I’ll
say now, as i said back then, Trumps treatment of the media was often embarrassing and inappropriate.

I can criticize trump when he deserves it. Can you do the same with Biden?

Nope. Instead, you attack the reporters who complained. Biden is the victim in your mind.

yet guy act as if i’m the one with no principles, when you’re the one with opposite standards depending on the party of the president. And every single person here, sees it, because it’s stupidly obvious.

Have fun making that wrong.

All the liberal reporters feel Biden’s is being inappropriate. You’re silent as we all knew you’d be.
Jim Show me one outrage post about Trump and his treatment of the press you ever made .

To use your line. have fun with that ..

Jim it’s not your principals . As much as when you decide to express your principles and when you don’t

it’s yet another example of making comparisons Where no such comparison exists
Old 09-23-2021, 12:39 PM   #18
scottw

Quote:

Jim it’s not your principals . As much as when you decide to express your principles and when you don’t

it’s yet another example of making comparisons Where no such comparison exists

this is pretty deep.....
Old 09-23-2021, 12:41 PM   #19
wdmso

Biden answered 2 British reporters question. The American press corps got none.. that the complaint

Omg the sky is falling
Old 09-23-2021, 12:53 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Last time i checked, Indians don’t decide presidential elections by themselves. So i’ll pass on asking your hand-picked Indian, thanks.

I’ll do that, right after you ask an Afghani who stuck his neck out to help America but is now being hunted by the Taliban, what he thinks of Biden’s withdrawal. Or, right after you ask the family of someone murdered by an illegal, what he thinks of Biden’s border policy.

Fair enough? You go first and report back to us what they say.

Afghani's don't have opinions, they're a currency.

Maybe you could ask one of the 50,000 Afghans killed in the conflict in Afghanistan, you think all Afghans are unhappy to see us gone?
Are the people who worked with us now the Tories of Afghanistan?
We have pulled more than 130,000 people out of Afghanistan, are you willing to have them in your town?

And then you could ask a Kurd killed by a Turk after Trump ran out on them after the Kurds fought for us against ISIS. What did the Trump corp get for doing that?

The 10,000 people killed this year by gun violence were not the result of illegal immigration. In Texas, US-born citizens are over 2 times more likely to be arrested for violent crimes, 2.5 times more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and over 4 times more likely to be arrested for property crimes than illegal immigrants.

As usual you watch and have your mind made up for you.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-23-2021, 01:15 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Biden answered 2 British reporters question. The American press corps got none.. that the complaint

Omg the sky is falling
you can watch the clip...weekend-at-biden's is definitely falling asleep...his handlers yelling over the reporters woke him up
Old 09-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:

Omg the sky is falling
you accuse me if having double standards, i irrefutably prove to you i don’t. then you irrefutably prove you do have double standards, then act as if it’s me.

i didn’t say the sky was falling. i said even liberal
reporters are complaining now.

What’s falling, is his approval ratings, especially among independents. Before you say “ but trumps polling was worse”, i remind you that trump got creamed at re election.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-23-2021 at 01:38 PM..
Old 09-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim Show me one outrage post about Trump and his treatment of the press you ever made .

To use your line. have fun with that ..

it’s yet another example of making comparisons Where no such comparison exists.
“show me one outrage post”.

i just made a post criticizing trump, today. i’m sorry if you can’t read.

“another example of making comparisons where no such comparison exists.”

Are you ok in the head, seriously? YOU are the one who brought trumps media relationship into this, not me. Whats wrong with you!

Jim: even the liberal
media is saying Biden is being uncooperative.

WDMSO: you never complained when trump did it.

Jim: i’ll do it now, trump treated the media inappropriately

WDMSO: show me where you criticized trump. also, you’re comparing things that arent the same.

See how amazingly stupid that sounds?
Old 09-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
you can watch the clip...weekend-at-biden's is definitely falling asleep...his handlers yelling over the reporters woke him up
they can’t just say “if everyone in the liberal media filed a complaint, there was probably a legitimate gripe.”

They arent capable of it.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:14 PM   #25
Jim in CT

president Pudding Brain says horses are now inherently racist, because riding them
involves ropes, so he’s banning border agents from being on horses.

That should solve all our problems there.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:18 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
president Pudding Brain says horses are now inherently racist, because riding them
involves ropes, so he’s banning border agents from being on horses.

That should solve all our problems there.
Yea Jim, that's what he said.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:27 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim heard him, over the other voices in his head
Old 09-23-2021, 02:59 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Yea Jim, that's what he said.
he said no more horses.

that really illustrates the difference between you and me.

i look at videos of thousands of migrants illegally crossing in a line for hours, setting up camp under a bridge in our side,,and I think my god that open border is begging for trouble.

you see a few agents on horses trying to control people coming illegally into our country, and your side goes right o the barbaric racist “they’re whipping them” hysteria.

did you see Jen Psaki “explain” why we need proof of vaccines but illegals don’t? she says “they don’t plan to be here that long.”

you buy that? they came here just to have lunch?

or is she lying through her teeth, because there is no honest answer that doesn’t make the administration look awful?
Old 09-23-2021, 03:29 PM   #29
spence

Quote:
he said no more horses.

that really illustrates the difference between you and me.

i look at videos of thousands of migrants illegally crossing in a line for hours, setting up camp under a bridge in our side,,and I think my god that open border is begging for trouble.

you see a few agents on horses trying to control people coming illegally into our country, and your side goes right o the barbaric racist “they’re whipping them” hysteria.
They said they were "temporarily" suspending the use of horses at that location. I would imagine horses are very effective in some terrain but this doesn't look to be it. I didn't think they were whipping immigrants but some of photos did look really bad. Also, we know the really racist horses are in El Paso.

Quote:
did you see Jen Psaki “explain” why we need proof of vaccines but illegals don’t? she says “they don’t plan to be here that long.”
Most of the vaccines require two doses, I think we're not expecting many of them to be around for a second shot in three weeks.

Last edited by spence; 09-23-2021 at 03:36 PM..
Old 09-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #30
spence

Also, watched the video. He looked tired but not falling asleep. Answers were pretty lucid. I get tired at times as well.