Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
scottw

PETE!!!

good news!....he's been located!!

Last edited by scottw; 12-13-2021 at 06:28 AM..
Old 12-10-2021, 09:14 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Wow, on the one hand the Trump White House made a PowerPoint about how to end American democracy but on the other hand have you heard that Kamala Harris uses wired heaphones as a national security precaution and once bought a nice pot to cook with? Both sides.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-12-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Whatever you were referring to doesn’t show on my phone.
But since you’re concerned about my opinion, Chris Wallace is quitting Fox News. He was the only honest one left there. And he was, by default, giving cover to the other Fox News hosts as they filled the other 23 hours a day with nonstop lies. Now they’ve lost that cover. Fox News can no longer pretend to be even vaguely real.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #4
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
But since you’re concerned about my opinion, Chris Wallace is quitting Fox News. He was the only honest one left there. And he was, by default, giving cover to the other Fox News hosts as they filled the other 23 hours a day with nonstop lies. Now they’ve lost that cover. Fox News can no longer pretend to be even vaguely real.
Old 12-13-2021, 06:30 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
right, he was very serious, which his why he’s going to CNN, where all the really serious journalists go.

it would be more serious if he went to the Babylon Bee.

Old 12-13-2021, 06:30 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:

it's the Reno 911 movie trailer...The Hunt for QANON....thought you might be excited that law enforcement is in hot pursuit...
Old 12-13-2021, 06:31 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
right, he was very serious, which his why he’s going to CNN, where all the really serious journalists go.

it would be more serious if he went to the Babylon Bee.

pete can have him...we don't even need anyone in trade for that one ...
Old 12-13-2021, 08:32 AM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's the Reno 911 movie trailer...The Hunt for QANON....thought you might be excited that law enforcement is in hot pursuit...
Boy, that show was so damn funny when it first came out. Not ‘Strangers with Candy’ level, but close.
I’ll have to look for this version….

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 12-13-2021, 10:13 AM   #9
Pete F.
Canceled

Every day, Fox News takes another step toward its destiny as The Tucker Carlson Channel, and in that future, there’s no room for journalists.
Pure Propaganda all the time
Old 12-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Pure Propaganda all the time
The irony in your making such a comment is comically delicious.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The irony in your making such a comment is comically delicious.
They have successfully convinced you that none of the items below are true.

The Trump campaign eagerly and knowingly accepted overtures from the Russian government to provide dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Trump publicly asked the Russians to illegally steal and dump Clinton documents, and Russian intelligence promptly did exactly that.

The campaign and its associates had at least 100 contacts and probably more with assorted Russians, including (according to the Senate Intelligence Committee’s account) ones with ties to organized crime and Russian intelligence.

Trump’s campaign manager provided internal campaign materials to a business associate characterized by the Senate report and the U.S. Treasury Department as a Russian intelligence operative.

The campaign team, including Trump, was well aware of potential plans by Russia’s Wikileaks partner to dump stolen documents, kept close tabs on it, and tried to schedule and exploit that possibility.

Trump and his fixer Michael Cohen lied point-blank about Trump’s ongoing business dealings with the Russians.

Meanwhile, at no point did Trump and his people report Russia’s activities to U.S. law enforcement; instead, according to the Senate Intelligence Committee report, the campaign was “elated” by what it regarded as a “gift” from Wikileaks.

That the Trump campaign did all of those things and more is not seriously disputed.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-13-2021, 10:59 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
They have successfully convinced you that none of the items below are true.
No, "They" did not convince me of those things. It's comical that you seem to think that those of us who have not been convinced by you are puppets. And that you, somehow, are not.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Wallace could be a big improvement for CNN, god knows they need some
honesty there. i’ll be curious to see if he remains as honest as he was at fox or if he just reads what they tell him
to read. i wouldn’t think the remaining CNN viewers have much appetite for anyone to the right of Nancy Pelosi.
Old 12-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
i’ll be curious to see if he remains as honest as he was at fox or if he just reads what they tell him
to read.
You really, for a second, think Chris Wallace is going to just read what ever is put in front of him?
Old 12-13-2021, 07:33 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You really, for a second, think Chris Wallace is going to just read what ever is put in front of him?
that’s what everyone else there does.

if he does what he did at fox, i’d think CNNs 12 remaining viewers will all hate him. No one who watches CNN wants to be challenged, they want their fur stroked by people who think exactly as they do. just like you do.

all they want to hear, is all
that you want to hear.

liberal=good, conservative=bad

Old 12-13-2021, 08:01 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that’s what everyone else there does.

if he does what he did at fox, i’d think CNNs 12 remaining viewers will all hate him. No one who watches CNN wants to be challenged, they want their fur stroked by people who think exactly as they do. just like you do.

all they want to hear, is all
that you want to hear.

liberal=good, conservative=bad

Just keep rationalizing your belief that you don’t really like Trump but people are victimizing him.
Because you believe that he is aligned with what you think conservative beliefs consist of.
He’s got a bridge he wants to sell you too as long as you’re in the buying mood, such a deal….

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-13-2021, 08:06 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Just keep rationalizing your belief that you don’t really like Trump but people are victimizing him.
Because you believe that he is aligned with what you think conservative beliefs consist of.
He’s got a bridge he wants to sell you too as long as you’re in the buying mood, such a deal….
pete, here’s what liberals really struggle with:

two things can be true at the same time.

simultaneously, it can be true that (1) trump is morally repugnant, and at the same time, (2) he is being treated unfairly by the media.

Trump is an awful human being, but he implemented some terrific policies, and also had some utter failures.

Focusing on the negative and pretending the good things didn’t happen, is necessarily inaccurate and unfair.

i’m secure enough in my beliefs where i can happily admit the good
and bad. You cant.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:06 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
pete, here’s what liberals really struggle with:

two things can be true at the same time.

simultaneously, it can be true that (1) trump is morally repugnant, and at the same time, (2) he is being treated unfairly by the media.

Trump is an awful human being, but he implemented some terrific policies, and also had some utter failures.

Focusing on the negative and pretending the good things didn’t happen, is necessarily inaccurate and unfair.

and bad. You cant.
Nothing he did is good enough to rationalize Trump

Don Jr. texts Meadows, "He's got to condemn this #^&#^&#^&#^& ASAP." Meadows responds: “I'm pushing it hard."

In other words, Meadows was talking to Trump and pushing him to stop the insurrection. Trump refused. Trump knew was happening, and he refused to act. He was pro-insurrection.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-14-2021, 06:31 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:

Don Jr. texts Meadows, "He's got to condemn this #^&#^&#^&#^& ASAP." Meadows responds: “I'm pushing it hard."

In other words, Meadows was talking to Trump and pushing him to stop the insurrection. Trump refused. Trump knew was happening, and he refused to act. He was pro-insurrection.
i didn’t rationalize him. i said he’s disgusting as a person, and yet that as an executive, he had some bad failures and also some smashing successes.

he isn’t just the bad stuff. he’s the sum total of everything he says and does, including the good stuff.

you’re desperately trying to prove a political point that you know is weak, consequently you force yourself to ignore everything that isnt bad. you can’t accept the existence of anything that’s favorable.

there were a million things that trump did that made me
cringe. my favorite moment of his presidency, was when trump got a letter from a ten year old
kid who had a business cutting lawns in his town, his dream
was to cut the white house lawn for a few bucks.

so trump brought the kid and his family to the white house, and trump walked back and forth across the lawn with the kid as he happily cut the grass. it was a great moment. it was terrific.

the liberal reaction on tv that night, was that trump should have been investigated for violating child labor laws. it was ridiculous. but it was entirely predictable. you could see it coming a mile away, liberals ripping their hair out trying to find a way to spin it as sinister.

to you, every single thing he says and does, must be painted as evil. because your side can’t accept the possibility that there might be any chinks in the liberal armor, when we all know liberal armor looks like a slice of swiss cheese that’s been put through a paper shredder.

There’s good and bad on both sides. i can admit that, it makes me happy to admit that. you desperately deny it. you know you can only win, if your opponents are portrayed as diabolical. I’m not that desperate or insecure.

admitting that there’s more to him than the bad stuff, isn’t rationalizing the bad stuff. but again, you can’t admit what we all know ( i’m more honest than you are or will ever be), so you paint my honesty as rationalizing that which is immoral.

except that’s not even close to what i did.

you may go back to s*cking your thumb under your bed.

Trumps getting mad at Netanyahu for congratulating Biden, tells us what a vindictive jerk Trump is.

That doesn’t mean he didnt get black unemployment to its lowest level ever recorded. A wonderful
accomplishment that you cannot ever give him credit for.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-14-2021 at 06:36 AM..
Old 12-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #20
scottw

Quote:

and bad. You cant.

Quote:

and there you have it....we really need to include therapy$$$ in build back better for these people....
Old 12-14-2021, 07:52 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Quote:

and there you have it....we really need to include therapy$$$ in build back better for these people....
why not? after all, snowflake
therapy is infastructure.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:24 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

If you pay attention you’ll see that all these text messages that Congress read last night went to meadows & not trump, even junior’s, which is pretty much exactly how a mob boss would set it up to avoid leaving records tied directly to him.
It’s not that they don’t know how to text him, it’s that they KNOW not to text him.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:53 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you pay attention you’ll see that all these text messages that Congress read last night went to meadows & not trump, even junior’s, which is pretty much exactly how a mob boss would set it up to avoid leaving records tied directly to him.
It’s not that they don’t know how to text him, it’s that they KNOW not to text him.
meanwhile inflation is out of sight, Brown University did a study showing today’s toddlers are meaningfully behind normal averages for vocal and cognitive development, drug overdoses are way up…

but Trump!!!

and i have no problem throwing the book at trump and his puppets. anything to keep him from running again.

but you’d never say anything about the obvious Biden corruption where they got insanely rich by selling influence.

it’s only bad when republicans do it.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:54 PM   #24
wdmso

Mark Meadows used his own cellphone, 2 personal Gmail accounts, and Signal for official White House business, Trump supporters live in separate universes when in comes to accountability. Man and party before country

But but Hilary had a email server Lol
Old 12-14-2021, 01:17 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Mark Meadows used his own cellphone, 2 personal Gmail accounts, and Signal for official White House business, Trump supporters live in separate universes when in comes to accountability. Man and party before country

But but Hilary had a email server Lol
she had a server in her basement which had classified material
on it, and she lied about it as those two always do. and she was very uncooperative about the whole
thing. it’s not a capital
offense but if trump had done the same thing your reaction would be very different.

throw the book at meadows, if he broke the law. is that not a fair response? or should
i call for his execution?

i’m sure you know all about servers and technology, lol.

at the time, john and tdf, i believe, who work with IT and who aren’t blind partisans ( like you), thought it was a pretty big deal
what she did.

but she has a D after her name so no big deal.

LOL.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:10 PM   #26
PaulS

Quote:
Shocking to hear the texts and even the use of the word Siege yet after the fact they all down play it as if it was no big deal.

Last edited by PaulS; 12-14-2021 at 03:29 PM..
Old 12-14-2021, 03:34 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
she had a server in her basement which had classified material
on it, and she lied about it as those two always do. and she was very uncooperative about the whole
thing. it’s not a capital
offense but if trump had done the same thing your reaction would be very different.

throw the book at meadows, if he broke the law. is that not a fair response? or should
i call for his execution?

i’m sure you know all about servers and technology, lol.

at the time, john and tdf, i believe, who work with IT and who aren’t blind partisans ( like you), thought it was a pretty big deal
what she did.

but she has a D after her name so no big deal.

LOL.

As expected in Jim’s world all incidents and outrage are equal. Keeping the lie alive

Email server for Sec of state
Or potus and Chief of staff trying to overthrow the government on private phones and gmail accounts

Yep exactly the same keep up the good work
Old 12-14-2021, 03:41 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
As expected in Jim’s world all incidents and outrage are equal. Keeping the lie alive

Email server for Sec of state
Or potus and Chief of staff trying to overthrow the government on private phones and gmail accounts

Yep exactly the same keep up the good work
"As expected in Jim’s world all incidents and outrage are equal."

As expected, when confronted with a rational, fair argument, you claim that I said something that I never said. I have absolutely no idea the magnitude of the offense committed by each. I'm quite sure you don't either. But I know you'll laugh off what Hilary did, and act like anyone who is critical of her is an idiot.

As I said, if two non-partisan guys here, who both work in IT, say what she did was bad, that tells me something.

You'll let Rachael Maddow tell you whether or not she did anything wrong.
Old 12-14-2021, 04:37 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

I rarely agree with “Liddle Marco”

“For years to come, there are many people on the right, in the media and voters at large that are going to be having to explain and justify how they fell into this trap of supporting Donald Trump.”

- Sen. Marco Rubio (R), 2016
Old 12-14-2021, 04:53 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
I rarely agree with “Liddle Marco”

“For years to come, there are many people on the right, in the media and voters at large that are going to be having to explain and justify how they fell into this trap of supporting Donald Trump.”

- Sen. Marco Rubio (R), 2016
Is he explaining why he then fell into the trap of supporting Donald Trump? Or was his quote just sour grapes BS?