Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-07-2022, 05:28 AM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Luckily Americans can see who DeSantis is and don’t want a fascist

NEW Yahoo News/YouGov poll

2024 Presidential Election:
Joe Biden 41%
Donald Trump 39%

Joe Biden: 40%
Ron DeSantis: 36%.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
were they asked in the poll if they think Desantis is a fascist?
Old 08-07-2022, 11:13 AM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Liz Cheney suggests she won’t vote for Ron DeSantis if he’s the 2024 Republican presidential nominee: “I think that Ron DeSantis has lined himself up almost entirely with Donald Trump, and I think that’s very dangerous.”
Old 08-21-2022, 07:39 AM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Just substitute Jews for woke and it reads like the original in German.

DeSantis: "We must fight the woke in our schools. We must fight the woke in our businesses. We must fight the woke in government agencies. We can never, ever surrender to woke ideology. [...] The state of Florida is where woke goes to die."
Old 08-25-2022, 08:57 AM   #64
wdmso

DeSantis: 'Little Elf' Fauci Should Be Tossed 'Across the Potomac'

He smells Trumps blood in the water
Old 08-25-2022, 09:05 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
DeSantis: 'Little Elf' Fauci Should Be Tossed 'Across the Potomac'

He smells Trumps blood in the water
Biden: republicans want to put blacks in. chains

chuck schumer: kavanaugh and gorsuch, you’ll reap the whirlwind and never know what hit you.

maxine waters: we should hound members of trump’s cabinet on the street and in restaurants, let them know they aren’t welcome anywhere.

But that’s ok.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:32 AM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Biden: republicans want to put blacks in. chains

chuck schumer: kavanaugh and gorsuch, you’ll reap the whirlwind and never know what hit you.

maxine waters: we should hound members of trump’s cabinet on the street and in restaurants, let them know they aren’t welcome anywhere.

But that’s ok.
You live in a whataboutism coma
Old 08-25-2022, 01:49 PM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

"He's better than Trump"

No he isn't.

He’s younger and has learned that Trumpers and the GOP will let you get away with anything. He doesn’t have any integrity or restraint, so will and does govern anti-democratically. In no way is he better.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:11 PM   #68
wdmso

Quote:
"He's better than Trump"

No he isn't.

He’s younger and has learned that Trumpers and the GOP will let you get away with anything. He doesn’t have any integrity or restraint, so will and does govern anti-democratically. In no way is he better.
Jims missing the point why Ron made the statement" 'Little Elf' Fauci Should Be Tossed 'Across the Potomac'"

he needs Trump voters in the primaries and in the general election

he's not about policy he's 100% in on the culture war stuff that attracts the Jerry springer crowd
Old 08-25-2022, 05:10 PM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
You live in a whataboutism coma
can you just tell me why there’s nothing wrong with the statements i posted?

i agree i’m saying “what about when democrats also said terrible things”, but you never explain why it’s ok when your side does it. you just wrote the double standard off as what about-ism. that’s just an answer, it’s a dodge.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:55 PM   #70
scottw

Quote:

he's not about policy he's 100% in on the culture war stuff that attracts the Jerry springer crowd
Jerry Springer is a democrat…,just sayin’

I hope that doesn’t insult anyone who may be a democrat

Old 08-25-2022, 08:58 PM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:

huge numbers of people
are moving there, just to get in on the culture war? not for super low taxes?

sorry, your side said governor cuomo was the gold standard of covid. Desantis has more elderly people, kept businesses and schools open more, and has lower death rates than NY. That’s called winning compared to NY, and it’s called freedom.

you’re scared of him, and it shows.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:30 PM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
huge numbers of people

sorry, your side said governor cuomo was the gold standard of covid. Desantis has more elderly people, kept businesses and schools open more, and has lower death rates than NY. That’s called winning compared to NY, and it’s called freedom.

Is DeSantis also going to celebrate that Florida is the state where old people go to die of covid? No state has had more covid deaths than Florida, in the period that all adults were eligible for vaccines.

Fun Florida fact - more GOP registered voters have passed away due to COVID in Fl than the number of people who counted in DeSantis' margin to win. He is now missing people who pushed him over the finish line last time.

And if you want to compare Floriduh to NY

Under Ron DeSantis, your teen is 56% more likely to give birth, her child is 41% more likely to die, your wife is 2/3 more likely to leave you, you're 38% more likely to die of a drug overdose, you're 158% more likely to be shot to death, & seven times more likely to die of COVID.

Freedum…….

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-26-2022, 05:08 AM   #73
wdmso

Quote:
huge numbers of people

You real need new material

No Jim I am not afraid of him he thinks he’s some authoritarian mini me a Trump copycat . And like Trump and his supporters who are the actual threat to our country and it’s institutions

And you have a. Twisted definition of freedom. Based on the people you support.. I would suggest you are the one afraid. Afraid of the Others
Who don’t look or think like you .

That seems to be the litmus test for being a true conservatives American

1st swear allegiance to Trump
2 nd swear allegiance to Trump
3rd swear allegiance to Trump. Maybe a tax cut
4th repeat the election was stolen or at least claim there were irregularities
5th use invasion ,hunter , Hillary , fauci, woke , Bide and dementia or Soros in a sentence once a week
6th never tell or believe .truth or facts . When in doubt refer to rule 1-3

Then your in!
Old 08-26-2022, 05:37 AM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
You real need new material

No Jim I am not afraid of him he thinks he’s some authoritarian mini me a Trump copycat . And like Trump and his supporters who are the actual threat to our country and it’s institutions

And you have a. Twisted definition of freedom. Based on the people you support.. I would suggest you are the one afraid. Afraid of the Others
Who don’t look or think like you .

That seems to be the litmus test for being a true conservatives American

1st swear allegiance to Trump
2 nd swear allegiance to Trump
3rd swear allegiance to Trump. Maybe a tax cut
4th repeat the election was stolen or at least claim there were irregularities
5th use invasion ,hunter , Hillary , fauci, woke , Bide and dementia or Soros in a sentence once a week
6th never tell or believe .truth or facts . When in doubt refer to rule 1-3

Then your in!
it’s “authoritarian” to leave businesses and schools open so people can live their lives!!!! but not authoritarian to close
businesses and force people
to inject experimental medicine they don’t want.

you are priceless.

conservatives want less federal government overall, than liberals.

say that again snag again until it sinks in.

That is the single biggest differentiator between the parties, and you got it completely wrong.
Old 08-26-2022, 06:10 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it’s “authoritarian” to leave businesses and schools open so people can live their lives!!!! but not authoritarian to close

you are priceless.

That is the single biggest differentiator between the parties, and you got it completely wrong.

No state has had more covid deaths than Florida, in the period that all adults were eligible for vaccines.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-26-2022, 07:08 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
No state has had more covid deaths than Florida, in the period that all adults were eligible for vaccines.
and because FL has a huge elderly population, you need to adjust the data to normalize for that, when comparing one state to another. Statistics 101.

overall deaths don’t matter? all that matters is finding some time period in which FL looks bad, and then failing to normalize for demographic differences.

People and businesses are moving there pete, there’s a reason why.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:33 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
and because FL has a huge elderly population, you need to adjust the data to normalize for that, when comparing one state to another. Statistics 101.

overall deaths don’t matter? all that matters is finding some time period in which FL looks bad, and then failing to normalize for demographic differences.

People and businesses are moving there pete, there’s a reason why.
You’re wrong, but feel free to move

ShangriLa it ain’t

Florida housing market most susceptible of a downturn in a recession.

Florida launches plan to temporarily help keep homeowners insured if ratings get downgraded

Florida Homelessness continues to grow according to new data released

Floridians are facing hardships to afford the cost of living. Florida’s average yearly salary is $48.1k according to ZipRecruiter, which ranks 48th out of the the 50 U.S. states.

It’s California of the 60s without the industry

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-26-2022, 11:55 AM   #78
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

you are priceless.

Jim I hope you weren’t strapped to a chair to have that crazy experimental drug injected in your arm.
Old 08-26-2022, 01:55 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Jim I hope you weren’t strapped to a chair to have that crazy experimental drug injected in your arm.
I didn't mind doing it. Others were coerced.

SO do we have bodily autonomy, or not? Because I'm fairly certain that when discussing another issue, the entire liberal position is based on the notion that people can't be told what to do with their own bodies. When discussing vaccines, that "principle" goes right out the window.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:11 PM   #80
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Kids need all their vaccinations in order to go to school, many diseases have for the most part been eradicated, public health and protection from outbreaks like Covid sometimes isn’t a matter of choice. Still those that choose to not get vaccinated still have choices, home school, self employment, I have no problem with those choices, provided they don’t impact my health.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:34 PM   #81
Jim in CT

Quote:
Kids need all their vaccinations in order to go to school, many diseases have for the most part been eradicated, public health and protection from outbreaks like Covid sometimes isn’t a matter of choice. Still those that choose to not get vaccinated still have choices, home school, self employment, I have no problem with those choices, provided they don’t impact my health.
So what you're saying, is that we can have control over our own bodies, but not to the point where we harm someone else, right?

This is very important...You're saying you're OK with limiting someone's right to choose self autonomy, when that choice would hurt someone else. Right?

Which is the exact pro life position, just applied to another scenerio.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:43 PM   #82
wdmso

Quote:

you are priceless.

Texas public schools required to display “In God We Trust” posters if they are donated

Texas law that requires public schools to display signs and posters with the national motto "In God We Trust" in "conspicuous places." The law requires that the signs were either donated or purchased from private donations to the school.

"Read the bill. Sign must contain "In God We Trust" US flag, Texas flag and "may not depict" any other words or images," Hughes wrote. "Print what you like, but only these signs qualify under the law."

Is this your version of Freedom and small government

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08...-god-we-trust/
Old 08-26-2022, 02:53 PM   #83
wdmso

Quote:
So what you're saying, is that we can have control over our own bodies, but not to the point where we harm someone else, right?

This is very important...You're saying you're OK with limiting someone's right to choose self autonomy, when that choice would hurt someone else. Right?

that's the sheeps response

A to be or not to be vaccinated is one's Choice.. Government only mandated Government workers. private companies can mandate rules from no smoking to no shoes no shirt no service to maintain civil society

telling a woman she can't get an abortion falls nowhere Near world wide public health emergency

but do what you do best keep convincing yourself Covid 19 and abortion are exactly the same thing
Old 08-26-2022, 03:00 PM   #84
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:

If that someone or something depending on your point of view is inside a women, that's her choice and you know that's my position. Didn't take me long to see your predictable response, I could have guessed what was coming, give or take a word or to.
Old 08-26-2022, 04:13 PM   #85
wdmso

Turkish singer Gulsen has been arrested and accused of inciting hatred over a joke she made about religious schools.

In April, the singer joked a member of her band's "perversion" was due to him having attended one.

Despite the comments being old, they recently went viral online, drawing criticism from conservative circles.

Now we know where Texas and Florida get their inspiration another strong man President Erdogan,
Old 08-26-2022, 05:48 PM   #86
Jim in CT

Quote:
Turkish singer Gulsen has been arrested and accused of inciting hatred over a joke she made about religious schools.

In April, the singer joked a member of her band's "perversion" was due to him having attended one.

Despite the comments being old, they recently went viral online, drawing criticism from conservative circles.

Now we know where Texas and Florida get their inspiration another strong man President Erdogan,
but it’s ok when a christian baker gets shut down for not wanting to violate his religion. you’re ok with that. because everything is ok when liberals do it.

who has gotten arrested in florida for making jokes about christians?

what planet do you live on, exactly?
Old 08-26-2022, 05:50 PM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
If that someone or something depending on your point of view is inside a women, that's her choice and you know that's my position. Didn't take me long to see your predictable response, I could have guessed what was coming, give or take a word or to.
again, that’s why i’ve always said that abortion isn’t about choice. it’s about the status of the baby. right? because you and i both believe that women can do whatever they want as long as they don’t hurt someone else

you and i agree on when choice applies, and when it’s limited ( when someone else is hurt). all abortion is about, then, is whether or not the baby is “someone else”.

every thing else is a smokescreen.
Old 08-27-2022, 04:06 AM   #88
scottw

Quote:

what planet do you live on, exactly?

this is a great line which explains the mental disorder and applies to more than just biden....

"Biden doesn’t just hate Donald Trump. He hates anyone who doesn’t hate Donald Trump."

goes well with the newly minted democrap term..."almost semi-fascism"

if you don't hate trump you are almost semi-fascist......

seems like the exact kind of societal division the fascists engaged in ironically...
Old 08-27-2022, 05:48 AM   #89
Pete F.
Canceled

Ron DeSantis bullies LGBTQ kids and kids wearing masks, wastes taxpayer money on defending obviously unconstitutional laws, tries to ban books, uses his power to attack people he politically disagrees with, outlaws abortion, creates policies that lead to one of the highest COVID death rates in the country, and for all that, he's Jim and Scott’s hero.
They just love a leaning centaur.
Old 08-27-2022, 05:49 AM   #90
scottw

Quote:
Ron DeSantis bullies LGBTQ kids and kids wearing masks, wastes taxpayer money on defending obviously unconstitutional laws, tries to ban books, uses his power to attack people he politically disagrees with, outlaws abortion, creates policies that lead to one of the highest COVID death rates in the country, and for all that, he's Jim and Scott’s hero.
They just love a leaning centaur.
I bet he gets reelected even though all of the republicans in Florida died from Covid