Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-24-2022, 11:28 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
But you're 100% wrong as they knew the art was protected

“We’re not asking the question, should everyone be throwing soup at paintings?” said Plummer. “What we’re doing is getting the conversation going so we can ask the questions that matter.”
"But you're 100% wrong as they knew the art was protected"

How do you know what they knew, when they threw soup on the painting.

"“We’re not asking the question, should everyone be throwing soup at paintings?” said Plummer."

No, the question we're asking is, "did the bedroom you grew up in, have lead paint on your walls"?

"What we’re doing is getting the conversation going"

That's self flattery. That conversation has been going for 40 years, this just makes that side look like laughing stocks.
Old 10-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #32
wdmso

Its classic was just watching Fox news show Outnumbered

Must be fox's answer to the view I guess

And one of the host referred to the Mashed potato Stunt as eco Terrorist ..

it just a coincidence Jim made the same claim
Old 10-24-2022, 11:52 AM   #33
wdmso

[QUOTE=scottw;1234482]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

And that's what you think is actually happening> that is Amazing

/QUOTE]

because throwing stuff on priceless art is not trying to destroy priceless art?
So you think thats was their plan Ya ok!! I bet you think there terrorist along with Jim
Old 10-24-2022, 11:53 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

No, the question we're asking is, "did the bedroom you grew up in, have lead paint on your walls"?

heheh...that's pretty funny
Old 10-24-2022, 12:01 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
"“I want to make one thing perfectly clear, we did no damage to the painting whatsoever,”

Which again Paul, tells us nothing about what they set out to do. Real MENSA candidates.

They're clueless idiots, that's all they are.

The wussification and dumbing-down of todays kids, is going to serve my kids quite nicely. My kids work their butts off and know how to take "no" for an answer sometimes. These kids will have no chance against my kids in the real world. None.
Now you sound like your father and grandfather and mine .. who i bet laughed when these kids tried to change the world... Jim like it or not these Kids have commitment .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	69255  
Old 10-24-2022, 12:05 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now you sound like your father and grandfather
Well they said others can't compete because of their skin color, which is absurd because it says NOTHING. I say these kids can't compete because they're stupid, lazy, entitled, snowflakes, which is a lot more representative about future prospects, than skin color.

A liberal, saying it's wrong to judge people on skin color, that's a riot. It's all your side does.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:14 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Well they said others can't compete because of their skin color, which is absurd because it says NOTHING. I say these kids can't compete because they're stupid, lazy, entitled, snowflakes, which is a lot more representative about future prospects, than skin color.

A liberal, saying it's wrong to judge people on skin color, that's a riot. It's all your side does.
What power you must have, to know all there is about a protester you've never met and if you answered honestly (doubtful), you know absolutely nothing about. There have been and always will be, hard working, very successful young and old participating in non-violent civil protests. You are a mirror of the rhetoric that comes out of the far right, judgement by action, skin color, age, race yada yada yada.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:23 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
What power you must have, to know all there is about a protester you've never met and if you answered honestly (doubtful), you know absolutely nothing about. There have been and always will be, hard working, very successful young and old participating in non-violent civil protests. You are a mirror of the rhetoric that comes out of the far right, judgement by action, skin color, age, race yada yada yada.

"to know all there is about a protester you've never met "

you never post assumptions or opinions about people you've never met? Hmmm?

"judgement by action, skin color, age, race yada yada yada"

Yes, the right is more concerned with race than the left. Please share more wisdom with us! The left NEVER thinks about race! NEVER!
Old 10-24-2022, 12:42 PM   #39
PaulS

Quote:
"“I want to make one thing perfectly clear, we did no damage to the painting whatsoever,”

Which again Paul, tells us nothing about what they set out to do. Real MENSA candidates.

They're clueless idiots, that's all they are.

The wussification and dumbing-down of todays kids, is going to serve my kids quite nicely. My kids work their butts off and know how to take "no" for an answer sometimes. These kids will have no chance against my kids in the real world. None.
Not sure if you have been to a world class museum/gallery but you can see the glass in front of the paintings.

Totally agree it was stupid but they don't care about that. They want publicity - which they got. They prob. could care less about making $ and are more worried about saving the planet.
Old 10-24-2022, 12:46 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
They prob. could care less about making $ working, and are more worried about saving the planet.

Fixed it for you...
Old 10-24-2022, 12:46 PM   #41
scottw

Quote:

Jim like it or not these Kids have commitment .
protestors who set themselves on fire have commitment....

these are just clowns looking for attention....
Old 10-24-2022, 02:35 PM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
protestors who set themselves on fire have commitment....

these are just clowns looking for attention....
that is true.
However the person who started this thread is the only clown looking for Attention ... with his daily fox outrage

Yet it's you guys who are yelling they are terrorist! trying to destroy Art with a can of soup and some superglue Hard Logic to argue with
Old 10-24-2022, 02:50 PM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
"to know all there is about a protester you've never met "

you never post assumptions or opinions about people you've never met? Hmmm?

"judgement by action, skin color, age, race yada yada yada"

Yes, the right is more concerned with race than the left. Please share more wisdom with us! The left NEVER thinks about race! NEVER!

of course you can't comprehend the meaning of the photo I posted with these Kids sitting on that counter.. in response to your statement

the wussification and dumbing-down of todays kids (even though both incidents happened in england and germany not in the States )

"Now you sound like your father and grandfather and mine .. who I bet laughed when these kids tried to change the world..."

or is this just more the wussification and dumbing-down of today's kids or were the people in the photos protesting with the flowers also terrorists and enemies of America or would you just repeat your statement

"these kids can't compete because they're stupid, lazy, entitled, snowflakes,"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	par37859-teaser-story-big.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	267.6 KB
ID:	69261   Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	69262  
Old 10-24-2022, 03:26 PM   #44
wdmso

Quote:
you can look this up…the group doing this, is funded by an heiress to the Getty fortune! so she feels guilty. i bet not so guilty that she gave her inheritance away.
I did Jim

Aileen Getty has not personally worked in the oil industry and has poured much of her fortune into philanthropic ventures related to the climate crisis

its an actual foundation .. by the way not a fraguldent one that was Court-Ordered $2 Million For Illegally Using Foundation Funds for you know who

She co-founded the non-profit Climate Emergency Fund (CEF) in 2019 and has reportedly donated $1m of her personal wealth to be used to support environmental activist groups, including Just Stop Oil and Extinction Rebellion.

So with your logic she participated in the defacing of these art works

another little bit of information

Extinction Rebellion spokesperson Brad Homewood told the Guardian that they did it knowing it would not damage the artwork. "Our intention was always to glue on to the perspex protecting it," he said.
Old 10-24-2022, 03:31 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
I did Jim

Aileen Getty has not personally worked in the oil industry and has poured much of her fortune into philanthropic ventures related to the climate crisis

its an actual foundation .. by the way not a fraguldent one that was Court-Ordered $2 Million For Illegally Using Foundation Funds for you know who

She co-founded the non-profit Climate Emergency Fund (CEF) in 2019 and has reportedly donated $1m of her personal wealth to be used to support environmental activist groups, including Just Stop Oil and Extinction Rebellion.

So with your logic she participated in the defacing of these art works

another little bit of information

Extinction Rebellion spokesperson Brad Homewood told the Guardian that they did it knowing it would not damage the artwork. "Our intention was always to glue on to the perspex protecting it," he said.
"Aileen Getty has not personally worked in the oil industry"

Which is why I said "heiress" and not "CEO".

She's an oil billionaire paying people to cause unrest to get off fossil fuels. In other words, she's an unprincipled dingbat.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:09 AM   #46
wdmso

she's an unprincipled dingbat.?

Why

Just because she’s an heir to an oil industry fortune doesn't mean you necessarily approve of the family business.

If that’s your reason. It doesn’t make a lot of sense ?
Seems she does a lot with her money .. besides a million dollars to one foundation

Getty is HIV positive since 1985 and works for AIDS awareness causes, along with former mother-in-law Elizabeth Taylor. In November 2016, she joined the board of amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research.

2013, Getty founded Aileen Getty Foundation, of which she is currently the President. Earlier in 2005, she also founded Gettlove, a nonprofit organization created to acknowledge, house, and sustain housing for numerous homeless individuals who are part of the Los Angeles community.

Maybe I should accuse anyone who donated money to Trump . Or the republicans party That they should be considered accomplice’s . In his attempts to steal a national election
While also calling them unprincipled dingbats .

The unprincipled being True
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-26-2022, 10:04 AM   #47
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Maybe I should accuse anyone who donated money to Trump . Or the republicans party That they should be considered accomplice’s . In his attempts to steal a national election
Then you'd sound like Pete

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-26-2022, 10:26 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
she's an unprincipled dingbat.?

Why

Just because she’s an heir to an oil industry fortune doesn't mean you necessarily approve of the family business.

If that’s your reason. It doesn’t make a lot of sense ?
Seems she does a lot with her money .. besides a million dollars to one foundation

Getty is HIV positive since 1985 and works for AIDS awareness causes, along with former mother-in-law Elizabeth Taylor. In November 2016, she joined the board of amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research.

2013, Getty founded Aileen Getty Foundation, of which she is currently the President. Earlier in 2005, she also founded Gettlove, a nonprofit organization created to acknowledge, house, and sustain housing for numerous homeless individuals who are part of the Los Angeles community.

My god man, if you take (and keep) billions from oil, then donate it to environmental nuts to protest oil, then that's the definition of having no principles.

If she doesn't approve of the family business, and she actually holds that s a principle, she should turn down the money. If she takes the money, she should shut up.

You don't know what a "principle" is. You actually don't know.
Old 10-26-2022, 10:27 AM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:

WHY ISN'T THAT WHATABOUT-ISM?

And stupid whatabout-ism, at that?
Old 10-26-2022, 12:03 PM   #50
wdmso

Quote:
WHY ISN'T THAT WHATABOUT-ISM?

And stupid whatabout-ism, at that?
Keep running away from the Truth it’s like running away from your own shadow
Old 10-26-2022, 12:07 PM   #51
wdmso

Quote:
My god man, if you take (and keep) billions from oil, then donate it to environmental nuts to protest oil, then that's the definition of having no principles.

If she doesn't approve of the family business, and she actually holds that s a principle, she should turn down the money. If she takes the money, she should shut up.

You don't know what a "principle" is. You actually don't know.
Classic Jim it’s her fault she was born into a family who made money on oil . And somehow she’s a hypocrite for using that money to fight climate change.

I know one thing . Jim you’re not a principled person. Your twisted logic make that obvious

You do know the business was sold in 1984?
Old 10-26-2022, 12:57 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
Keep running away from the Truth it’s like running away from your own shadow
can’t we just agree that if you can engage in what about-ism, others can too?
Old 10-26-2022, 01:00 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
Classic Jim it’s her fault she was born into a family who made money on oil . And somehow she’s a hypocrite for using that money to fight climate change.

I know one thing . Jim you’re not a principled person. Your twisted logic make that obvious

You do know the business was sold in 1984?
classic wayne missed the point. or lied

Never even hinted it’s her fault what family she was born into.

but either oil is ok, of its evil. it cannot be both. If it’s ok, it’s fine for her to enjoy her money. if oil is diabolical, she shouldn’t want the proceeds of that diabolical industry.

can’t have it both ways. Lefties always want it both ways.

if i inherited a billion dolllars from dogfighting, and have $100 a year to PETA while living in mansions and flying in a private jet, that would make me an unprincipled dingbat.
Old 10-27-2022, 07:16 AM   #54
wdmso

classic wayne missed the point. or lied

Not really you re enforced what I said

it’s fine for her to enjoy her money. if oil is diabolical, she shouldn’t want the proceeds of that diabolical industry.

Jim if you inherited millions from dog fighting Bad example but it happened to be legal when the money was made

Who cares . You inherited it. It would not be your responsibility to feel guilty or make amends For wealth you had no part in creating
Old 10-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #55
scottw

Quote:

It would not be your responsibility to feel guilty or make amends For (something) you had no part in creating

does this apply to white privilege etc.....?
Old 10-27-2022, 12:35 PM   #56
wdmso

Quote:
So white privilege is just about wealth? That’s news to me
Old 10-27-2022, 01:56 PM   #57
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just shut your pie hole and send them their reparation checks. You know slavery is some how retroactively your fault

Old 10-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #58
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Just shut your pie hole and send them their reparation checks. You know slavery is some how retroactively your fault

In 1988, President Reagan signed the Civil Liberties Act to compensate more than 100,000 people of Japanese descent who were incarcerated in internment camps during World War II. The legislation offered a formal apology and paid out $20,000 in compensation to each surviving victim.

Iam sure a petty person like yourself and Scott would have cried about Reagan issuing an official apology and reparations but called it compensation from the United States Or if RI got rid of VJ Day

would you be outraged if America issued an apology for slavery

Seems you’ve bought into the right wing fantasy that your personally being blamed .. by people who have no idea who you are ..

Some of the most cited reasoning for white Americans’ opposition to reparations includes the fact that no one directly involved in the practice is still living,

polling data collected by Hunt and Reichelmann shows that about 45% of those polled are opposed to the idea of apologizing to Black Americans
even a simple apology is rejected I am shocked
Old 10-27-2022, 07:19 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
In 1988, President Reagan signed the Civil Liberties Act to compensate more than 100,000 people of Japanese descent who were incarcerated in internment camps during World War II. The legislation offered a formal apology and paid out $20,000 in compensation to each surviving victim.

Iam sure a petty person like yourself and Scott would have cried about Reagan issuing an official apology and reparations but called it compensation from the United States Or if RI got rid of VJ Day

Seems you’ve bought into the right wing fantasy that your personally being blamed .. by people who have no idea who you are ..

Some of the most cited reasoning for white Americans’ opposition to reparations includes the fact that no one directly involved in the practice is still living,

polling data collected by Hunt and Reichelmann shows that about 45% of those polled are opposed to the idea of apologizing to Black Americans
Reagan gave the money to the same people
who suffered. If you can find anyone today who was a slave, they’ve got a good claim for reparations.

400,000 northern soldiers died to end slavery, that’s a hefty price paid . . shouldnt reparations be laid by the folks who advocated for slavery? namely, democrats?

if it weren’t for liberalism, blacks wouldn’t need reparations, they’d be doing fine.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:41 PM   #60
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

Even though not a single person in my family tree ever owned a single slave, I am sorry slavery existed.

There, can we move on now.