Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 08-15-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Do we have a USPS thread yet?

So a package I have need of.... well, would make life, no...actually it is just an Otterbox knock off phone case. Ok. Not life or death. But.... ordered on the 11th. Ships on the 12th. Arrives at Stoughton, Amazon facility. Arrives at carrier facility in Marblehead (my location) at 0413 on the 13th. At 0755, it is at carrier facility in North Waterboro, Maine....WTF? Gets better... Nothing on the 14th. But today the 15th, it miraculously arrived at the Springfield Mass Network Distribution center at 0810, and departed there at 0813! Amazon says it is expected today... Hell we didn't even get any mail today!!!!! I really like my letter carrier, but they have some goombahs running things nationally and locally.

We have betting on when it does arrive... And no, it was not available locally. Looked in three stores. Was advised in two to buy the knock off on Amazon... Country is going to hell I tell you.

I will save the Amazon delivery guys leaving their vehicles with door open in the middle of the road, while the lost driver walks 100 yards away to find an address, for another thread.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
spence

Probably made in China.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:13 AM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

We did not get any mail yesterday either if that makes you feel any better.

The level of incompetence these days has turned it into a game of how can I avoid others' incompetence so as not to affect my life. We have to lower our expectations and be more independent and more self reliant because of many things= some people have less common sense,are self absorbed, less considerate, don't care,have zero pride in their work, just say F it, couldn't be bothered with more effort, were not brought up correctly, no work ethic, have no respect, have no accountability and some are just oxygen thieves. I may feel bad for them but maybe our education system has failed so think about who the educators are. Life is certainly more complicated each year we pass.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:14 AM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Good post, Bruce. Truth there....

The latest on tracking my package;

Your package may be lost
We're very sorry your delivery is so late. Although it may still arrive, you can request a refund now.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:19 AM   #5
Nebe

It’s all just a hoax. One or two cases of lost mail may occur but one day it will disappear. Like a miracle. Probably right after November.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 08:28 AM   #6
spence

I order a lot of stuff online and the only issue I’ve had in years was one lost package shipped from Israel that ultimately did arrive.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:59 AM   #7
fishbones

I order a lot of stuff online and the only thing that hasn’t arrived was a patio table earlier this year. Chairs made it but no table. Finally got them to send me a new table and ended up getting 6 more chairs as well.

Yesterday I had a very expensive item arriving by fedex requiring a signature. Was home all day and never had a knock on the door. Apparently they left it on the front porch since I found it there this morning. So much for the required signature.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 10:24 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Yesterday I had a very expensive item arriving by fedex requiring a signature. Was home all day and never had a knock on the door. Apparently they left it on the front porch since I found it there this morning. So much for the required signature.
I’ve had this happen for items costing thousands of dollars. Probably better than the USPS guy would just put a pickup notice in the mailbox and not even get out of his vehicle. That ticks me off.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:54 AM   #9
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

I had the worst usps mailman ever, thank god he's gone on a disability claim. We have rural delivery and the box is on the road, he one left a $600 fly rod hanging out of the box and actually over the edge of the road - you know slow open window and grab it. And this was during the peak porch pirate times. Lost my mind took pics and went to postmaster and she agreed he was negligent. Another time I was expecting an item that i really needed and had been tracking- i knew it was on his truck he pulls up and leaves a notice. Got in my truck and had to chase him down, caught the prick and he said there were only three cars in the driveway so i thought no one was home $^&***&%$. Heard some stories from my customers as well. Slip said it well in his post- incomitance rules!

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 07:22 AM   #10
Rmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
We did not get any mail yesterday either if that makes you feel any better.

The level of incompetence these days has turned it into a game of how can I avoid others' incompetence so as not to affect my life. We have to lower our expectations and be more independent and more self reliant because of many things= some people have less common sense,are self absorbed, less considerate, don't care,have zero pride in their work, just say F it, couldn't be bothered with more effort, were not brought up correctly, no work ethic, have no respect, have no accountability and some are just oxygen thieves. I may feel bad for them but maybe our education system has failed so think about who the educators are. Life is certainly more complicated each year we pass.

Slip....You are so right....education system has failed miserably.....parenting skills as well. America is becoming the land of cry babies and whiners....who think they have it so tough and deserve so much more.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote