Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-15-2021, 07:56 PM   #1
Clammer

Dehumidifiers ><

a don,t if they are worth fixing.

we blew a circuit last night / I,ll check it in the morning ..........well the dehumidifier is on the line that runs into my G/D,s bedroom ,.so I just fiugured she had added something to over load .
well in a process of elemination [s] I moved it to completely different line . right way it runs great . then I can here like its straining & then pop. & the cord feels warm.

So I,m guessing to replace .................now there is 100,s on line .......... from 5 books of green stamps to $500 ....... and from not doing much to waaaaaaaaaaaay too much for me to figure out .
any opinions ???? I always go by the one that works >>>>>>>>>>>> so many new names [brands ] but hisense keeps coming up .
the say you get what you pay for but I don,t care for that when in comes to appliances.......... Just paid amost 800 for a Maytag clothes washer // broke down 10 days ago .service man came yesterday .......... 2 minutes .. he was done . Oh gotta order the part 5 to 10 days & then we can make appointment ..BTW this model has a issue with this part I,ve fixed 6 / 7 of these .......................... well that did it .WTF are you still selling it .................. wentback to lowes to day OH we don,t take them back if over a month ........ we all were very cordial ......... especially when we wern,t satisfied with that .. the guy was nice , but he wasn,t going to be that nice ...... Gale pops up & says do we have to go higher with this ?? the asst manager said what do you mean . Gale said if we have to well just make a call to %^&*)) volt at channel 10 ........ Ops see what we can do ...... they are taking it back /full credit / picking it up tomorrow morning & when she picks another .no way are we wait more than 2 days for delivery ........... the 2nd trip to the laundrymat was this morning .there is not going to be a 3rd .. those are one of the most profitable businesses you could own >>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:59 PM   #2
spence

https://www.gilsappliances.com/catalog/dehumidifier

I’d get a Friedrich from Gil’s.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:36 AM   #3
Clammer

worse thing to do is a search / there are a ton of them

all sizes , prices ,

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Old 09-16-2021, 07:09 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Home Depot, GE brand, 50 pint, built in pump. It was in stock. Leave it in basement pumping directly into drain (previous owner had laundry in basement so I use that laundry drain for access.) Two years so far. Set it and forget it.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:23 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Home Depot, GE brand, 50 pint, built in pump. It was in stock. Leave it in basement pumping directly into drain (previous owner had laundry in basement so I use that laundry drain for access.) Two years so far. Set it and forget it.
F - I - L - T - E - R
Old 09-16-2021, 07:47 PM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
F - I - L - T - E - R
Uh yah. got that covered, but thanks, Jeff. ???..... I rinse it once a month, maybe, but definitely not going to be every 250 hours.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5528.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	514.6 KB
ID:	68346  

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:06 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Uh yah. got that covered, but thanks, Jeff. ???..... I rinse it once a month, maybe, but definitely not going to be every 250 hours.....
After the basement flood from Ida I realized I hadn't cleaned mine in 3-1/2 years
Old 09-16-2021, 09:16 PM   #8
Clammer

with that being said ,,, I never cleaned mine & it was a alot longer then that .

got stuff done today ...picked up my boat trailer from having some preventive maintance done

they pick up the $800 Maytag washer this morning credited

the account .went to Lowes in the afternoon I didn,t even go in

Gale ordered a GE .. being delivered tomorrow

last night I started to research dehumidfiers ........waay too many now ...but be 35 brands if you believe they are all different
decided not today .looked at the one I have/had its a no name
worked real good .got it out of a house that was a bank foreclosure .price was right <.,.

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE