Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Good God do I hate Elizabeth Warren

Enough said.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Could you imagine the poor bastard that has to sleep next to that entry bitch every night !
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
tysdad115

I hate the people that voted that fraud into office, and they'll do it again​.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

My alma mater, UMass Amherst, has chosen her to be their commencement speaker. Their reasons for recognizing her thusly made me want to puke. They will never see another dime from me.......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:01 PM   #5
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
My alma mater, UMass Amherst, has chosen her to be their commencement speaker. Their reasons for recognizing her thusly made me want to puke. They will never see another dime from me.......
You should make sure they know that, your reason for not contributing is their choice of her. Otherwise they'll never know.
Seems most colleges these days tend to preach that BS...Look at the wasted youth coming out of them now and their left ideology.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:36 AM   #6
wdmso

I am no fan She is just the opposite side of the same coin with Trump

Her fans are are so far left and his so far right they meet

Like Trump I cringe when she speaks because you dont know who's she's going to alienate next Id like to say if she ran for POTUS she would fail , but Trump has set a new standard that anyone can win

Both have mastered getting under the others sides skin
Old 04-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysdad115 View Post
Seems most colleges these days tend to preach that BS...Look at the wasted youth coming out of them now and their left ideology.
That is right. People should go to those esteemed right leaning schools - by the way what are those?
Old 04-05-2017, 06:42 AM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That is right. People should go to those esteemed right leaning schools - by the way what are those?
Liberty.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-05-2017, 08:12 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Enough said.....
Best title of a thread, maybe ever...

She lies about being Native American to get a cushy job.

She attacks banks for making profits off student loans, but it's OK for her to make 400k a year teaching at Harvard.

She attacks banks for making profits during the housing crisis, but it was OK for her and her husband to buy foreclosed homes and flip them.

When Obama was president, she said the senate HAD HE DUTY to invoke the nuclear option to break the GOP filibusters. Now she will go berserk when the Republicans do the same thing.

She bemoans the gender pay gap, but she herself pays female staffers less than male staffers.

She is a wretched, wretched woman.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:15 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I am no fan She is just the opposite side of the same coin with Trump

Her fans are are so far left and his so far right they meet

Like Trump I cringe when she speaks because you dont know who's she's going to alienate next Id like to say if she ran for POTUS she would fail , but Trump has set a new standard that anyone can win

Both have mastered getting under the others sides skin
"She is just the opposite side of the same coin with Trump"

Trump is nowhere near the right wing equivalent of Warren. Many conservatives don't like Trump because he's not nearly conservative enough. I've never heard anyone on the left complain that Warren isn't liberal enough.

But I respect your ability to criticize someone on your side, not many can be that honest.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:17 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
The United States Military Academy
The United States Naval Academy
The United States Air Force Academy

Maybe some of the Jesuit schools like Holy Cross, but that's debatable.

And that's about it. College is becoming an intellectually subtractive experience.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:19 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
By the way, how does endless liberal indoctrination help those college kids, Paul? When they only way they can respond to someone who disagrees with them, is to throw a brick through a window, yes, that's quite an "esteemed" student body of violent, unthinking, brain dead anarchists your side is creating.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #13
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The United States Military Academy
The United States Naval Academy
The United States Air Force Academy

Maybe some of the Jesuit schools like Holy Cross, but that's debatable.

And that's about it. College is becoming an intellectually subtractive experience.
Mass Maritime
Old 04-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
By the way, how does endless liberal indoctrination help those college kids, Paul? When they only way they can respond to someone who disagrees with them, is to throw a brick through a window, yes, that's quite an "esteemed" student body of violent, unthinking, brain dead anarchists your side is creating.
Seems like the vast majority of the great universities are liberal. Good thing there are government schools of higher educ. or the cons. would be stuck w/liberty. I guess when you deny science you end up with crappy schools.

I never used to hear people refer to "your side" or "my side" until you started posting.

Man, do you have a lot of hate. It is constant.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:26 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Seems like the vast majority of the great universities are liberal. Good thing there are government schools of higher educ. or the cons. would be stuck w/liberty. I guess when you deny science you end up with crappy schools.

I never used to hear people refer to "your side" or "my side" until you started posting.

"Seems like the vast majority of the great universities are liberal. "

Oh, I agree. But what I asked, and you dodged, was this - how does the pure liberalism, add to the greatness? Answer - it doesn't. Those schools are great because of the potential intelligence of the student body. That potential is not fully realized, when kids are indoctrinated to liberalism, and are taught that every single person who disagrees, is one of Hilary's deplorables.

The result is thoughtless liberal parrots who are unable to defend their ideas to any challenge, so they resort to rioting to shut down the challenger.

"I guess when you deny science you end up with crappy schools. "

So the side which says that a human embryo isn't distinguishable from a mole to be removed, gets to accuse me of denying science. If the global warming alarmists are correct on the science, how come NONE of their dire predictions have come true? I mean, to hear Al Gore tell it, you'd think North Dakota would be exporting pineapples and sugar cane by now.

"you end up with crappy schools"

Yeah, West Point doesn't turn out high quality kids, nope.

"Man, do you have a lot of hate"

You are the one, who in a few sentences, said that people who aren't liberals (1) deny science, and (2) are incapable of producing universities that aren't crappy. But I am the hatemonger. Got it.

I never used to hear people refer to "your side" or "my side" until you started posting."

Oh, I invented the concept of liberals and conservatives? Good lord...

Paul, how come at your elite liberal schools, the liberal students routinely riot to prevent conservatives from speaking, but the conservative students don't riot to prevent liberals from speaking?

YOU HAVE FUN WITH THAT. I look forward to your answer.

"
Old 04-05-2017, 10:36 AM   #16
FishermanTim

It seems like the colleges aren't preparing students for the real world, teaching them what they will need for their perspective majors, but rather teaching them what the school needs to teach them to keep them from spending their time and money elsewhere.
Convince the students that they learned a whole lot at the school and that they should "donate" to it to allow it to continue to "indoctrinate" others.

Why the hell do you think you have so many college grads WITH diplomas and degrees working as waiters and bag boys?

They learned ONLY what the school felt was necessary to graduate and move on. Influencing political views in students is like conditioning a dog to drool when you ring a bell....It's just too easy!

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 04-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #17
FishermanTim

I almost forgot what the post was about....

Surely she can't believe all the crap she is spouting, right???
At what point does she stop defecating from her oral fixture?

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 04-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
It seems like the colleges aren't preparing students for the real world, teaching them what they will need for their perspective majors, but rather teaching them what the school needs to teach them to keep them from spending their time and money elsewhere.
Convince the students that they learned a whole lot at the school and that they should "donate" to it to allow it to continue to "indoctrinate" others.

Why the hell do you think you have so many college grads WITH diplomas and degrees working as waiters and bag boys?

They learned ONLY what the school felt was necessary to graduate and move on. Influencing political views in students is like conditioning a dog to drool when you ring a bell....It's just too easy!
Liberals learned a long time ago, that their agenda doesn't play well in most of America. So what liberals did, in order to advance their agenda, was concentrate on taking over the media and academia. It was brilliant, you genuinely have to give them credit from a strategic point of view.

When I was in college, I was a registered Democrat. It made perfect sense to me, to eliminate poverty by taking just a little bit more from the fabulously wealthy, who could not possibly miss a few pennies here and there. I really believed (because it's all I was taught in college, and all I saw on TV) that conservatives were happy to let poor people starve to death, so that millionaires could become billionaires. I heard that 100 times a day, and it was never, ever challenged. And I was a math major, not a sociology major, and I still got indoctrinated.

It was in my mid 20s when I realized how moronic all of that is. But college kids don't know any better, so it's very effective at creating liberals. And 99% of America doesn't watch Foxnews, so most people only hear Hilary say that people like me are deplorable, most people never hear the other point of view, they never get to see any challenges to liberalism. Because an honest presentation of what conservatism is, only happens on one network. On every other network, conservatives are described in awful language.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:

I agree that most universities, if they were true to their mission, would be liberal. The problem that Jim has is that he uses the term "liberal" rather than "progressive" or, even more pertinent in the case of universities, the terms "Marxist" or "leftist."

Universities, Western educational institutions in general, have increasingly shifted their identity from classical liberal toward leftist, "progressive" (which is actually regressive), or actually Marxist positions.

Classical liberal universities, such as Hillsdale, are a distinct minority. And they do not deny science. They teach it, even in its most modern form. Actually, science is not as "liberal" in its methodology as it is "conservative." It is dependent on fundamental laws and principles. But it is also open to new realities dependent on discovery of previously unknown material facts.

Marxism, leftism, is hyper-"conservative". They are unbending in their adherence to a "class struggle" model for the foundation of society. And they believe in an ultimate utopian material "heaven" on earth achieved through the political victory of some poorly identified "worker" class.

Progressivism is hyper-"liberal". It denies any foundational principles. For it, social existence is purely "relative" (even though relativism paradoxically relies on actual fundamental realities in order to be relative to each other). Progressivism is entirely situational. And situations (which constantly change in the view of Progressives) are temporarily defined by whoever has some appointed power to define. And the remedy for situations is decided by select "experts" with whom there can be no disagreement.

Neither Marxism/leftism nor Progressivism are really scientific in their methods of governing. Classical Liberalism is. The founding of our nation, and its Constitution are based on Classical Liberalism.

Discussing the divide between various forms of leftism and actual liberalism is not about hate. It is about thinking rationally.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-05-2017 at 11:08 AM..
Old 04-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
"

Yeah, West Point doesn't turn out high quality kids, nope.
Isn't that a "government" school?
"Man, do you have a lot of hate"

You are the one, who in a few sentences, said that people who aren't liberals (1) deny science, and (2) are incapable of producing universities that aren't crappy. But I am the hatemonger. Got it.I think it had something to do with refering to a woman as wretched, horrible and refering to brain dean anarchist. It also has to do with your refering to people you don't like at POS and using the C word to refer to a woman. They way you respond to WDSMO Not normal behavior.

I never used to hear people refer to "your side" or "my side" until you started posting."

Oh, I invented the concept of liberals and conservatives? Good lord...Is that what you think I meant by that? I know you are smarter than that

Paul, how come at your elite liberal schools, the liberal students routinely riot to prevent conservatives I don't think it is all cons. just the flame throwers like Milo and Murray. When your goal is to insult people, don't be surprised when you draw the violent reaction you tried to provoke. from speaking, but the conservative students don't riot to prevent liberals from speaking?

YOU HAVE FUN WITH THAT. I look forward to your answer.

"
Last time when Murray spoke at Middlebury college there was an uptick in racism (The N word written on Black's dorm room doors, etc).
Old 04-05-2017, 11:33 AM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Last time when Murray spoke at Middlebury college there was an uptick in racism (The N word written on Black's dorm room doors, etc).
"Isn't that a "government" school?"

It's a military school, one branch of the federal government that knows what it's doing. You said that conservative schools are based on the denial of science, and are therefore crappy. I was just showing how false that was,

"I think it had something to do with referring to a woman as wretched, horrible "

So a woman cannot be accurately be described that way? Eva Braun? I supported my insults of Warren, with accurate examples of her disgusting hypocrisy. Sorry if you didn't like my accurate depiction. If you can't make me incorrect, you can always accuse me of hate. A very common tactic, which is exactly why college students cannot bear the thought of a conservative being allowed to speak. Those students have learned, from people like you, that everyone who disagrees with them is deplorable.

Liberals don't believe in freedom "of" speech. They believe in freedom "from" speech, at least when the speech challenges liberalism.

"Is that what you think I meant by that? I know you are smarter than that"

For future reference, when I say "my side", I mean people who tend to agree with me. When I say "your side", I mean people who agree with you. Got it? I'm not saying we are different species. I am saying in political discussions, we can often be lumped into one of two categories.

" don't think it is all cons. just the flame throwers like Milo and Murray."

If you think that, you are wrong. Condaleeza Rice and Antonin Scalia have had speaking invitations revoked.
But let's stick to your point...your liberal schools often have bomb throwers like Abu Mumia Jamal give speeches, or Bill Ayers. And that's OK. But not conservative bomb throwers?

Why is that? When you see a riot that s designed to keep someone from speaking, it's virtually always liberals who are rioting.

When was the last time you saw a riot started by conservatives, which was triggered by political ideology?

Why is it almost always, the liberals who riot, Paul?

Black Lives Matter says that white cops are the enemy, and they have called for the assassination of cops. But they get to speak, and conservatives don't burn down cities to prevent that. Al Sharpton gets to speak...all kinds of liberal bomb throwers get to speak all the time.

So if liberals get all tingly in their you-know-what's when liberal bomb throwers get to speak, why can't they extend the same courtesy to conservatives?

And do you know what I truly do hate? The exact same people who riot to keep conservatives from speaking, are the same ones who claim that liberals are open-minded and tolerant. and no one has the honesty to point out the hypocrisy. I hate that level of blatant intellectual dishonesty. Warren may be the very best example of that hypocrisy (do as I say, not as I do), in all of Washington.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:36 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
And some of those (not saying in this case) have proven to be falsely reported. How are conservatives supposed to protect themselves against that? When the Tea Party was gaining momentum, we know for a fact that liberals pretended to be Tea Partiers, carrying racist signs, so that no one would listen to what the Tea Party had to say.

You don't see those tactics on the right. Not nearly to the same extent. We prefer to have an honest, open exchange of ideas, because we are confident our ideas will appear vastly superior. Liberals know this too, which is why they do everything they can to prevent an honest and open exchange of ideas.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
So What.....one or two a-holes doesn't mean racism is running rampant.

There are 320,000,000 people in this country, some of them are a-holes, and some of those a-holes go to college....and some of those a-holes own sharpies.

That doesn't provide justification to stop somebody from speaking at an open forum. If you don't want to hear them speak...you don't go. its really THAT simple.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-05-2017, 12:46 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
So What.....one or two a-holes doesn't mean racism is running rampant.

There are 320,000,000 people in this country, some of them are a-holes, and some of those a-holes go to college....and some of those a-holes own sharpies.

That doesn't provide justification to stop somebody from speaking at an open forum. If you don't want to hear them speak...you don't go. its really THAT simple.
"So What.....one or two a-holes doesn't mean racism is running rampant."

But when liberals don't think they can effectively debate the conservative, it's better to accuse them of racism, than to let them appear to have a valid point on something.

"If you don't want to hear them speak...you don't go. its really THAT simple"

Jeez, when you put it that way, it DOES sound simple. Especially if you like to pat yourself on the back about how tolerant and open-minded you are.

Here's an even better idea. If you think Milo is a bad guy, how about asking him questions, and engaging him, in a way that shows that he's a bad guy? He's a disgusting clown. If these college student cupcakes can't handle him in a debate, they really haven't learned much form their Marxist professors.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
So What.....one or two a-holes doesn't mean racism is running rampant.totally agree. But isn't the whole discussion of this based on what a tiny % of the students are doing?

Well, my feeling is when someone calls someone a freak of nature (in reference to gays for example) and if I was gay, I would be insulted.

Murray says Blacks are genetically inferior in cognition to whites - so when an advocate of eugenics oriented bigotry appears on campus, is it a wonder that Blacks don't want to hear him.

Would Hitler had been ok?
Old 04-05-2017, 05:25 PM   #26
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Phuk no, Hitler would not be ok.....

And whoever this Murray guy is, he clearly is not in an elected office is he?

As for the Liberal think tank that pervades in American higher institutions (colleges and universities) I give you this as a most recent example of just what these pansy administrations running these schools will tolerate. (and he has a history with over the edge commentaries)
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/30/us/dre...r-tweets-trnd/

Old 04-05-2017, 06:38 PM   #27
Sea Dangles

Quote:
The military academies and that's about it. The ratio of liberal vs conservative educators at colleges in the northeast is around 16-1. That itself is what produces wing nut philosophies from those fortunate enough to be in attendance.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-05-2017, 07:03 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Well, my feeling is when someone calls someone a freak of nature (in reference to gays for example) and if I was gay, I would be insulted.

Are you prejudiced against freaks of nature?

Murray says Blacks are genetically inferior in cognition to whites - so when an advocate of eugenics oriented bigotry appears on campus, is it a wonder that Blacks don't want to hear him.

Blacks are not forced to hear him. Why should anybody deny others, including blacks, the ability to hear him. If they actually listened to what he says, rather than merely believe what some others say about him, they might actually learn something. And they might learn that valid studies, for instance as (https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfreds...sen30years.pdf) show that heredity does play a significant part in levels of intelligence--as they do in just about everything else.

Murray doesn't claim that the difference should be feared or that it makes some racial or ethnic groups generally "inferior" to others. And he doesn't put whites at the top of the IQ ladder. He puts East Asians and Jews significantly higher in IQ than whites. And he says that any racial or ethnic group has a spectrum of high as well as low IQ. He says that the focus in society should not be so much on group differences, but on individual differences. And that all characteristics of a person, not just IQ, should be how we evaluate our associations with others. And that all groups (clans) think that they are superior (more worthwhile being a member of), and perfectly content on being who they are.

I doubt that he would accept a speaking engagement on a present day American university. But if he did, you don't think it would be interesting to hear him speak?

It sounds, from your few words here, that you support shouting down or denying speakers if you don't agree with them.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #29
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
How many people did Murray send to the gas chamber?

Or have we hit that point where words are as bad as genocide...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-06-2017, 06:26 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
How many people did Murray send to the gas chamber?

Or have we hit that point where words are as bad as genocide...
Didn't Hitler start out calling the Jews genetically inferior?

Do they need to hold off on protesting until someone is sent to the gas chamber?

Colleges have the kids for a few years, their parents had them for 17 bf they went to school.

Last edited by PaulS; 04-06-2017 at 06:31 AM..