Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #61
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean curry View Post
a friend of mine from the State dept. sent this.

"Certainly from our standpoint, this gives us a sense of momentum -- when the United States has accolades tossed its way, rather than shoes."

sean
A friend of yours? Aparently you and Hillary Clinton are friends? I just read that exact quote on CNN.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by JohnnyD; 10-10-2009 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #62
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it would be much funnier if he actually did a good Obama impersonation,
At least he has the coloration and hair style close but definitely needs larger ears! As stated by scottw: ", voice and mannerisms of different figures....didn't see any of that in this...." and I agree every other mannerism is a poor imitation. Maybe with practice it will get better now that the gloves are off on critiquing of Obama. He has definitely had too long of a honeymoon with the press corp. and the public.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #63
sean curry

Johnny,

My friends name is Paul. I did not say it was his quote. He e-mailed me.

sean
Old 10-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #64
FishermanTim

By "GIVING" Obama the Nobel Prize, they have effectively turned it into the equivilent of the Publisher's Clearinghouse Award..... It's now worthless!
There were people much more deserving of the award that ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING.

As my brother stated: I left a turd in the toilet that's just as deserving of that award.

Now I think I know where the stimulus $$ went!

I was hoping that he would be more that the man before him, but unfortunately he was.....more of a disgrace.

When any person tries to do too many things at one time, they tend to do all of them very badly and Obama is the man!

Maybe he and Carter can build houses after he drives the country into the ground?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:42 AM   #65
iamsaws77

On the day he was elected, 75% of the countries around the world immediately changed their opinions of America. So, What has he done? You tell me.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #66
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsaws77 View Post
On the day he was elected, 75% of the countries around the world immediately changed their opinions of America. So, What has he done? You tell me.

Why is this not an endorsement of the American people, aren't they the ones that actually elected Obama? So you tell me, WHAT HAS OBAMA DONE?

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:06 PM   #67
JohnnyD

Quote:
That's a statistic that I think was pulled from the deep crevices of someone's ass.

Are you sure you aren't sean curry using a different name?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #68
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
That's a statistic that I think was pulled from the deep crevices of someone's ass.

Are you sure you aren't sean curry using a different name?
Maybe it's Capt. Crunch (aka BSSB) back for more. He's using the computer at his mom's house.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #69
FishermanTim

Quote:
What has he done that changed the opinions of 75% of the countries of the world?

He's made us an easier target by screwing up just about everything he's tried to do.
Those 75% countries are probably countries that want the U.S. economy to fail so they can swoop in like vultures.
Pretty muchh EVERYTHING he's put his hands on left me scratching my head saying "WTF?" His predecessor may not have been the brightest bulb in the pack, but at least he tried to do what was best for the country MOST of the time.
Obama seems like he's doing the worst he can do, but paints such a pretty picture that we left looking like villians if we challenge him at any point.

Remember, actions speak louder than words, and all he's done is talk, talk, talk .....
Old 10-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #70
buckman

And those 75% wanted a United States that was less strong . IMO
Old 10-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #71
FishermanTim

How soon will Time and Newsweek award him the "Man of the Year/Decade/Century" honors?
Come on now, just because he hasn't finished his first year let alone his first term shouldn't matter. Maybe while he's at it, he can apply for sainthood and be proclaimed the patron saint of hope and change?
(We have little hope that anything will change)
Old 10-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #72
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
And those 75% wanted a United States that was less strong . IMO
Those 75% is a made up statistic.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #73
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
How soon will Time and Newsweek award him the "Man of the Year/Decade/Century" honors?
Come on now, just because he hasn't finished his first year let alone his first term shouldn't matter. Maybe while he's at it, he can apply for sainthood and be proclaimed the patron saint of hope and change?
(We have little hope that anything will change)
That is a shoe in. You can place money on it. Whatever you have left.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #74
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

SPOT on

Quote:
What has he done that changed the opinions of 75% of the countries of the world?

He's made us an easier target by screwing up just about everything he's tried to do.
Those 75% countries are probably countries that want the U.S. economy to fail so they can swoop in like vultures.
Pretty muchh EVERYTHING he's put his hands on left me scratching my head saying "WTF?" His predecessor may not have been the brightest bulb in the pack, but at least he tried to do what was best for the country MOST of the time.
Obama seems like he's doing the worst he can do, but paints such a pretty picture that we left looking like villians if we challenge him at any point.

Remember, actions speak louder than words, and all he's done is talk, talk, talk .....
Old 10-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #75
striperman36
Old Guy

The OPINION dialogue on is more a continuation of the 'anti-bush' rhetoric.
I there by declare this is Bush's fault
Blame the Victim - WSJ.com
Old 10-13-2009, 10:47 PM   #76
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperman36 View Post
The OPINION dialogue on is more a continuation of the 'anti-bush' rhetoric.
I there by declare this is Bush's fault
Blame the Victim - WSJ.com
That's a pretty convoluted piece.

-spence
Old 10-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #77
t.orlando

Quote:
sham of the year/decade/century......would be more like it
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #78
Saltheart

Its the Nobel Committee trying to steer American Politics.

In a sense , they are committing international espionage .
Lets bomb them damned Norwegian Peacenick infiltrator!!

Please wait a week though so I can stock up on Cod Fish before the price goes up when we bomb the salted cod factories over there.

Anyway , I do honestly think they are trying to steer our international policy by making this award to him. Its not right!

He should have rejected the award. He would have garnered a lot of respect for that.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Old 10-22-2009, 05:55 AM   #79
Cool Beans

It's a shame the spent all the charisma points on the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, he didn't have any in his pocket when he went in front of the Olympics Committee....

Or maybe it was him coming that changed it... he never actually spoke to the peace prize folks and they still love him, but on the other hand he did speak to the Olympics folks and the US supposedly went from tied for first to dead last...
Old 10-22-2009, 07:16 AM   #80
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
It's a shame the spent all the charisma points on the Nobel Peace Prize Committee, he didn't have any in his pocket when he went in front of the Olympics Committee....

Or maybe it was him coming that changed it... he never actually spoke to the peace prize folks and they still love him, but on the other hand he did speak to the Olympics folks and the US supposedly went from tied for first to dead last...
Again with this. Boy it's great he failed and the US didn't get the Olymipcs. We really dodged a bullet there, rush...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #81
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

What should surprise anyone about this. They give Gore the prize for something they told me about in grade school in the sixties. He makes a movie about the problem and that gets him a Nobel Prize. Just shows to go ya, is one more thing that can be bought.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 10-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #82
Joe

Has anyone ever rejected the NPP?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #83
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Has anyone ever rejected the NPP?
There was a Vietnamese general(?) who rejected it in the 70's because he didn't feel Vietnam had achieved peace. He was jointly awarded it with Henry Kissenger. I think that's the only time it's been turned down.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-23-2009, 05:32 AM   #84
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Again with this. Boy it's great he failed and the US didn't get the Olymipcs. We really dodged a bullet there, rush...
I'm certain it saved us a ton of $$$ that would have went in the currupt hands of Obamas buddies. They would have needed federal money to pull it off and Obama would have printed some more.
I'm thrilled we didn't get it.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #85
Joe

I would say it is a case of the NPP being politicized.
Do I think the administration lobbied covertly for it?
No, but I don't think they had to. The Nobel people don't want to not fawn over the president.
He's left with either accepting or saying, "Thanks, but I don't feel I've done anything yet for the cause of world peace."
A highly principled person could reject it, but he's a politician and as such, he's not highly principled - so they make a political decision. He can't reject it and join a NVA General as the only two people with the distinction of turning it down.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #86
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No, has more to do with the view that the US is in charge of the World. I'm not talking about the de facto leader, but rather that without our leadership the World will fail. Other Presidents have certainly thought it, but the people Bush surrounded himself with sure didn't have a problem saying it.

The Nobel prize is certainly a bit of a novelty all things considered, but I do give Obama props for how well he spoke about it when he made his remarks. It's not like he asked for it.

-spence

But he did get nominated by a elitist liberal in the states as a way to stick it up W's ass, and thats the only reason why he was nominated.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman