Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-14-2015, 02:45 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'm trying.

Forget about doingabortions for harvest, forget about doing it for profit. Focus on one thing - the fact that federal law prohibits any abortion from being altered for the purposes of harvesting tissue. You cannot change th way you do an abortion, simply because you want more harvestable tissue afterward.

Said one PP staffer, Melissa Farrell, director of research, said this on tape..."so IF WE ALTER OUR PROCESS, and we are able to obtain intact fetal cadavers, then we can make it part of the budget"

That indicates to me, that PP may be violating the law, which says one cannot alter the procedure for that reason.

Please tell me what I am not hearing...
There are multiple methods of abortion that are all acceptable under what's considered a standard process. If the doctor deems the method chosen doesn't negatively impact the woman or alter the timing then this wouldn't be a violation of the law.

Of course, the video edits all this out.

Also remember the remark about line items was prompted by the imposters trying to get a higher selling price for impact. Again in the edited video they don't show the PP representative stating this would have to be broken out in the budget so it didn't appear as though they were selling the fetal tissue at a higher price.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:17 PM   #32
PaulS

The weekend is here - this is closed until Monday at 8:00.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
If say Jim is winning this argument. However the role of planned parenthood and its services outweigh the desire to cut funding.
For Jim to win any argument he'd have to take an objective look.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:35 PM   #34
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
For Jim to win any argument he'd have to take an objective look.
Into the GOP talking points handbook ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-14-2015, 05:45 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
If say Jim is winning this argument. However the role of planned parenthood and its services outweigh the desire to cut funding.

I'd be much more in favor of forced sterilization of males and females that have not moved off of welfare for more than 5 years.
"I'd be much more in favor of forced sterilization of males and females that have not moved off of welfare for more than 5 years"

Amen, brother.

As for PP, there are lots of female health organizations that aren't engaged in this sick activity. Let's cut funding for PP, and give that money to those other groups.

PP was also founded by Margaret Sanger, an extreme racist even by Klan standards, she really wanted to eradicate blacks. PP is doing a great job toward that goal.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:08 PM   #36
Nebe

Abortion has its place. A woman is raped and gets pregnant... I'm pretty sure I'd give that one the green light. A woman in her 40's has a brain dead fetus... And is going to lead a life as a vegetable. I say go for it.

These are horrible choices, but these are choices that a woman should be allowed to make. One of the best sayings I have heard about abortion is if you are against them, then don't have one.
Our constitutional rights guarantee us personal liberties and freedoms that allow this practice to happen and who cares what the original founder's motives were? If PP is defended and closes, I guarantee you that we will see back ally coat hanger abortions skyrocket. It's a sad truth.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:17 PM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
The weekend is here - this is closed until Monday at 8:00.
I love Paul, nicely done...everybody go fishing
Old 08-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #38
Nebe

😊
Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Abortion has its place. A woman is raped and gets pregnant... I'm pretty sure I'd give that one the green light. A woman in her 40's has a brain dead fetus... And is going to lead a life as a vegetable. I say go for it.

These are horrible choices, but these are choices that a woman should be allowed to make. One of the best sayings I have heard about abortion is if you are against them, then don't have one.
Our constitutional rights guarantee us personal liberties and freedoms that allow this practice to happen and who cares what the original founder's motives were? If PP is defended and closes, I guarantee you that we will see back ally coat hanger abortions skyrocket. It's a sad truth.
Rape is a very low % of abortions in this country. The vast majority in this country, are done for sheer convenience, to healthy women who have had consensual sex. It's repugnant. Rape is a different moral dilemma, as are situations when the moms life is in danger, which thankfully almost never happens.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:01 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:

"One of the best sayings I have heard about abortion is if you are against them, then don't have one."

I hear that a lot. I think it's idiotic. How about if I say "if you're against arson, then don't light fires, but don't tell me I can't burn down a building". That's what laws are foe. Most people would never do terrible things, but we still need laws.

"Our constitutional rights guarantee us personal liberties "

True. You show me where the Constitution mentions the word "abortion", and I will agree that it's a constitutional right. What the constitution does guarantee is the right to free exercise of religion. Tell that to the Christian bakers getting persecuted by our POTUS Weird Harold.

"If PP is defended and closes, I guarantee you that we will see back ally coat hanger abortions skyrocket. It's a sad truth" We don't make evil things legal just to save those who participate. People get killed robbing banks, that's a sad truth. Is that an argument to legalize bank robbery?

"is going to lead a life as a vegetable. I say go for it. "

What if someday, someone decides that you have no value?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #41
Jim in CT

Quote:
Into the GOP talking points handbook ?
I've stated major issues where I side with liberals - death penalty, gay marriage. I can think for myself just fine.

When was the last time Spence disagreed with the Dems on a major policy issue. Have fun with that one, Spence?

Yo, Spence! Did Hilary lie about getting shot at? Can you concede that? Come on, show us all how objective and independent you are. Now go hide under your bed until you think of how to dodge.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #42
Nebe

When Clinton lied, no one died
Old 08-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #43
ecduzitgood
time to go

What does it matter?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:42 PM   #44
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
What does it matter?
It doesn't. We all line to have meaningless debates. Seriously.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:35 PM   #45
Sea Dangles

Once again,this thread is exhibit A that Jim is American Taliban or the latest incarnation thereof.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:46 PM   #46
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Once again,this thread is exhibit A that Jim is American Taliban or the latest incarnation thereof.
Based on what, exactly? Because I'm anti-abortion?

The Taliban think it's OK to slaughter innocent people for their own benefit.

Which side in the abortion debate most resembles the Taliban? Well, the vast majority of abortions are selected by healthy women who freely chose to have consensual sex. They choose to slaughter their unborn (in all of nature, you cannot find a more perfect example of innocence than an unborn child) for their own convenience. I am opposed to that slaughter.

I can therefore make a very compelling case, that rabidly pro-abortion folks, are the ones behaving barbaric like the Taliban.

Have fun figuring out a way to make that wrong.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
No?

I assume you are referring to Bush, who was wrong, but didn't lie. But never mind about that. If Bush lied, so did Hilary, because she was positive that Saddam had WMDs, and used that as justification for her vote to invade Iraq. She voted to invade because of the threat of WMDs in Iraq. So if Bush lied, and if you say his lies caused deaths, how can you possibly not make the same charge against then-Senator Hilary Clinton?

I did agree with what you said about abortions following rape, that is a lot different than choosing an abortion because one doesn't want to deal with the significant, yet natural and usually safe, ramifications of being pregnant. It's abortions that are done purely for convenience, that most on my side are opposed to.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #48
Jim in CT

Planned Parenthood was founded by a fascist racist named Margaret Sanger, who was committed to the extermination of blacks. That is irrefutable fact. Some of her lovely quotes can be seen here.

http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

Hilary Clinton has said she admires Margaret Sanger. Nice.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...y_her_prai.asp

A quote from Hilary upon receiving the Margaret Sanger award..."I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision "

You cannot make that up. And Clinton, if nominated, will receive 90% of the black vote.

From the article, Sanger (again, who Hilary admires enormously) aid this about blacks..."...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Yes, very admirable, isn't it?
Old 08-15-2015, 10:11 AM   #49
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
So it's OK to lie as long as no one get's killed now??
Is that what we have come to as a country?
Lying is altering truth and reality and therefore nothing real gets done.
Karma.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #50
spence

Quote:
Planned Parenthood was founded by a fascist racist named Margaret Sanger, who was committed to the extermination of blacks. That is irrefutable fact. Some of her lovely quotes can be seen here.

http://www.dianedew.com/sanger.htm

Hilary Clinton has said she admires Margaret Sanger. Nice.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...y_her_prai.asp

A quote from Hilary upon receiving the Margaret Sanger award..."I admire Margaret Sanger enormously, her courage, her tenacity, her vision "

You cannot make that up. And Clinton, if nominated, will receive 90% of the black vote.

From the article, Sanger (again, who Hilary admires enormously) aid this about blacks..."...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Yes, very admirable, isn't it?
Jim, if you'd do just a teeny bit of checking your sources you'd quickly realize just how bad they are.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:23 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, if you'd do just a teeny bit of checking your sources you'd quickly realize just how bad they are.
How about once, instead of lobbing a vague insult and scuttling off, you tell me where I'm wrong. I'll be blunt to make it clear for you. Do you deny Margaret Sanger was a loathsome racist who hated blacks? Do you have any evidence to suggest that she did not say the things that are attributed to her in the link I provided? I have never, not once, herd anyone deny she was a racist. My hunch is that because Hilary said she admired her, you need to make sure there's nothing improper, even if it means denying irrefutable fact.

How come you won't answer my question about Hilary lying about the sniper attack?
Old 08-15-2015, 02:32 PM   #52
spence

Quote:
How about once, instead of lobbing a vague insult and scuttling off, you tell me where I'm wrong. I'll be blunt to make it clear for you. Do you deny Margaret Sanger was a loathsome racist who hated blacks? Do you have any evidence to suggest that she did not say the things that are attributed to her in the link I provided? I have never, not once, herd anyone deny she was a racist. My hunch is that because Hilary said she admired her, you need to make sure there's nothing improper, even if it means denying irrefutable fact.
If you'd cozy up to the google you'd quickly see most of those quotes aren't hers or are taken out of context. She did have an odd relationship with the eugenics crowd at one time, but that doesn't discount the groundbreaking work she did for women.

Quote:
How come you won't answer my question about Hilary lying about the sniper attack?
Old 08-15-2015, 02:51 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you'd cozy up to the google you'd quickly see most of those quotes aren't hers or are taken out of context. She did have an odd relationship with the eugenics crowd at one time, but that doesn't discount the groundbreaking work she did for women.

"most of those quotes aren't hers or are taken out of context"

Out of curiosity, in what context are any of those quotes not racist?

"that doesn't discount the groundbreaking work she did for women."

Hitler really did a lot to improve the economy in Germany. We judge someone based on everything they do, not just the good stuff.

Your refusal to concede Hilary lied, tells us all we need to know, Spence. Your conscious mind will not allow you to criticize her, you just can't.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:37 PM   #54
Nebe

Consider that every political front runner trying to get elected lies. Campaign promises that are never met will equate to a lie.
Hillary lied, but I'm sure you can track every candidate down to a few lies.

Lies are really convenient to use agianst someone you don't like, but you should be aware of those who you do like and their lies as well
Old 08-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #55
Sea Dangles

Jim is a weird dude whose extremism has probably put him on more than one watch list. He is passionate, but yet screams for pity. My guess is he was picked on in school. Good Luck Jim, I hope to hug you some day if Detbutch lets me. I feel you could really need it.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:55 PM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Consider that every political front runner trying to get elected lies. Campaign promises that are never met will equate to a lie.
Hillary lied, but I'm sure you can track every candidate down to a few lies.

Lies are really convenient to use agianst someone you don't like, but you should be aware of those who you do like and their lies as well
Good point, lies are wrong on both sides.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Jim is a weird dude whose extremism has probably put him on more than one watch list. He is passionate, but yet screams for pity. My guess is he was picked on in school. I hope to hug you some day if Detbutch lets me. I feel you could really need it.
"Jim is a weird dude "

I'm a Catholic and a marine and an actuary, who asked you to support your accusation that I am an American Taliban. Instead of admitting the absurdity of your accusation, you say I'm weird that I didn't accept your slander.

"extremism"

I love everyone and think life is too sacred to be snuffed out because it's convenient. If that's extremist to you, then maybe one of us is weird.

"screams for pity"

No, clobbering you in a discussion isn't the same as a cry for help.

"guess is he was picked on in school"

Wrong as usual. There was one bully in 8th grade though...wonder what happened to him.

I've had nothing but good luck. I think everyone deserves to be as lucky as I have been.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #58
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Good point, lies are wrong on both sides.
Yes, it is a good point. But I couldn't vote for someone who lied to make themselves look to improve their image, as Hillary did, anymore then I could vote for someone who lied about serving the military in fire fights when they were sitting at a desk some place safe.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-15-2015, 09:19 PM   #59
Sea Dangles

Jim, you are a liar. This post proves it. Especially the weird part. I really want to stick my tongue down your throat and hug you til you pee yourself.
Seriously Jim, you strike me as a John Earl type. He was another friendly Catholic priest with good intentions like yours and the rest of your Army of God brethren. They also love everyone. Except those who disagree with them. I am sure he is normal in your world. Keep clobbering slugger,especially 8th graders.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:37 AM   #60
scottw

I think of liars as those who routinely, purposefully and knowingly, confidently misrepresent the truth....they are emboldened by the fact that they are either unchallenged or supported and excused by minions who prefer their comfortable lies over the uncomfortable truth and they have the uncanny ability to dismiss anything that disagrees with their worldview....this would include much of the political class that Eben mentioned as we seem to have allowed this to be come acceptable behaviour from those that we elect as well as many in the media and elsewhere.