Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rockcrawler View Post
All kidding aside. And im not ashamed to say that i lean to the left in most instances. But Paulenti (sp) and his comments about abortion are scary. Saying that not even in cases of rape should it be allowed. I know that during these type of debates its all about rah rah for your party but damn dude. Do you seriously think that having such a hard line on that subject will go over in a national election?
It's a litmus test.

Quote:
Not a straw pole with a bunch of cow tippers.
Hey, speaking as an Iowan first and a Rhode Islander second I resent that remark. You have no idea how hard it is to actually tip a cow.

Quote:
If Bachman made a statement like that i would at least respect her a bit since she has a VAGINA.
Seeing that word all in CAPS makes me think it would look good on the side of a ship.

Quote:
And who needs the EPA. I love my mercury and PCB's they never hurt anyone. I am always looking at more ways to add just a little more smog on those hot as a bastard days when they issue health warnings to the old and people with breathing problems. But hey, if it makes corporations more profitable it must be a good idea. Lower their taxes, relax environmental protections, maybe we can have air like beijing.

On the environment, and im just thinking on fisherman's terms. Lets take away regulations on pesticides so farms can be more profitable. The runoff heads to the Chesapeake and screws up the water more than it is now. Even lower spawning success of our beloved stripers. That would equal more time on S-B in the political forum, a place a rarely visit.
Yes, corporations have a great track record of what's in the interest of the general population. Let them police themselves, hey shouldn't they more than anyone know what pollution looks like?

As for the EPA, let the states do it. With all these rivers, aquifers, wind currents crossing their borders etc... they're ideally positioned to regulate pollution, most of which I'D NOTE THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE!

-spence
Old 08-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #32
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
I agree he is "smarmy", prolly not well liked and does have a deep knowledge of history.
But what does Obama have a deep knowledge of?

Hey Spence, my question almost slipped by . " But what does Obama have
a deep knowledge of?

" Choose Life "
Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 AM   #33
spence

Quote:
Hey Spence, my question almost slipped by . " But what does Obama have
a deep knowledge of?
You can start with his background...the Constitution, Civil Rights, criminal justice etc...

It was interesting in the Woodward book (Obama's Wars) how the Generals and policy makers remarked how much a departure working with Obama was vs Bush. Bush was a listener while Obama is engaged, inquisitive and really challenges the substance of what's being presented to him on just about everything.

He's also reported to be a work-a-holic. I really doubt his vacations are all that relaxing...he still probably puts in an 8 hour day.

-spence
Old 08-13-2011, 11:09 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You can start with his background...the Constitution, Civil Rights, criminal justice etc...

-spence
WTF?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:39 PM   #35
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Wink

Quote:
LOL, you musta thought I meant Mark Levin.

" Choose Life "
Old 08-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #36
spence

Quote:
LOL, you musta thought I meant Mark Levin.
WTF?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:46 PM   #37
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
WTF?

" Choose Life "
Old 08-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #38
spence

Bachmann just won the Iowa straw poll.

It's interesting...growing up in Iowa I never really knew many real Liberals and never knew anyone was bat#^&#^&#^&#^& crazy enough to vote for her.

The idea that it's either going to be Perry or Romney for the nomination is pretty depressing.

-spence
Old 08-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #39
Redsoxticket

^
GOP's great white hope.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #40
detbuch

[QUOTE=justplugit] Hey Spence, my question almost slipped by, but what does Obama have a deep knowledge of?

Quote:

Does his "deep knowledge" of the Constitution inform him that what he seems to consider his mission is actually unconstitutional? He seems to have admitted as much when he lamented that the Constitution basically limits the government to certain negative liberties but does not say what it can "do for" the people. Does his "deep knowledge" of "Civil Rights" lead him to understand that his unconstitutional doing for the people deprives them of their civil right to do for themselves? Does his "deep knowledge" of criminal justice let him know that his unconstitutional usurpation of power is a crime of political malfeasance, even, dare I say, of treason against the Constitution he swore to defend? As for his deep knowledge of "etc.", he's undoubtedly very proficient at etcetera . . .etcetera . . . etcetera.

It was interesting in the Woodward book (Obama's Wars) how the Generals and policy makers remarked how much a departure working with Obama was vs Bush. Bush was a listener while Obama is engaged, inquisitive and really challenges the substance of what's being presented to him on just about everything.

And Woodward's opinion shows Obama's "deep knowledge" of what? Perhaps listening acquires more knowledge than challenging.

He's also reported to be a work-a-holic. I really doubt his vacations are all that relaxing...he still probably puts in an 8 hour day.

-spence
Is being a work-a-holic a sign of "deep knowledge"?

Last edited by detbuch; 08-17-2011 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: addition of justplugit's Q to clarify Spence's quote