Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-28-2020, 06:44 AM   #1
Jim in CT

why won’t trump disavow white supremacy?

except for the 38 times where he did so.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...y-biden-harris
Old 10-28-2020, 07:15 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

545 brown children will never see their parents again.

It’s intentional. It’s cruel.

It’s unamerican, but it’s inherently Trump.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-28-2020, 07:27 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

this is stupid....just like the narrative that trump won't disavow white supremacy...stick to your stupid narratives

"This narrative has been dispelled on numerous occasions. DHS has taken every step to facilitate the reunification of these families where the parents wanted such reunification to occur," DHS spokesman Chase Jennings said in a statement.

"The simple fact is this: after contact has been made with the parents to reunite them with their children, many parents have refused. In the current litigation, for example, out of the parents of 485 children whom Plaintiffs' counsel has been able to contact, they have yet to identify a single family that wants their child reunited with them in their country of origin. The result is that the children remain in the U.S. while the parents remain in their home country. The reunification process is a whole-of-Government approach involving CBP, ICE, and HHS."
Old 10-28-2020, 07:35 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

maybe parents in central
america shouldn’t send little kids to america without them?

what is trump supposed to do, when parents in latin america don’t want their kids back? i’m serious. what would you want trump
to do?
Old 10-28-2020, 07:37 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:

does their brown-ness have anything to do with it? how about the fact that the parents don’t want their kids back, regardless of color, does that play a role?

getting nervous pete?
Old 10-28-2020, 08:19 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s Genocide: 18 U.S. Code § 1091 6

Whoever, whether in time of peace or in time of war & with the specific intent to destroy, in whole or in substantial part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group as such (6) transfers by force children of the group to another group
Old 10-28-2020, 09:02 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:

Whoever, whether in time of peace or in time of war & with the specific intent to destroy, in whole or in substantial part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group as such (6) transfers by force children of the group to another group
you are an idiot
Old 10-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Impressive rebuttal

Some of those cages were built under Obama's administration, to house teenagers who crossed the border unaccompanied.

In contrast,
those 545 children were part of families that came AS A FAMILY, many legally requesting asylum.
That business of separating families is all trump.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Impressive rebuttal

Some of those cages were built under Obama's administration, to house teenagers who crossed the border unaccompanied.

In contrast,
those 545 children were part of families that came AS A FAMILY, many legally requesting asylum.
That business of separating families is all trump.
teenagers? sorry, we all
saw the photos of little
kids in those cages, and everyone was appalled when they thought it was trumps doing. then someone pointed out the photo was takes during the obama administration. and poof, the outcry disappeared.

when adults and kids cross together, what do you do when you know many of them
aren’t families, but rather, adults using rented children to take advantage of stupid immigration laws which incentivize children making dangerous journeys?

we know for a fact, that in many cases the adults captured with children, aren’t related to those children. that poses a problem. again, i asked what you’d tell trump to do, and as always, you dodged completely.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:

so keeping these kids ( who aren’t supposed to be here), feeding them and giving them medical care, while we track down their actual parents....is genocide.

that’s not stupid. nope.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:53 AM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump mandated children separation from the parents. Obama didn’t. Those fences were used for children brought here without anyone else. They weren’t brought here and ripped from families. Trumps order back in May 2018. Not Obama.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Apparently “pro-life” people need to be reminded that these children are not statistics, they are children, each and every one of them are little children who are terrified, begging for their moms and dads and no one knows what the future holds for them.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Trump mandated children separation from the parents. Obama didn’t.
so how did those
kids get in cages by themselves, during the obama years.

you’re really coming unglued.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:09 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Apparently “pro-life” people need to be reminded that these children are not statistics, they are children, each and every one of them are little children who are terrified, begging for their moms and dads and no one knows what the future holds for them.
their moms and dads aren’t asking for them to be returned. that’s on those deadbeat parents. how is that the fault of republicans exactly?

his post was about the demonstrable
lie that trump won’t disavow white supremacists. the video proves that’s a lie.

your response, literally, is that trump is committing genocide. is he killing those kids?
Old 10-28-2020, 10:14 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

You're correct when you say that these cages were not built by the Trump administration. The issue is not that the cages exist but how they are used. The issue is the 2018 policy that began to systematically separate children from parents.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:16 AM   #16
spence

Quote:
Trump mandated children separation from the parents. Obama didn’t. Those fences were used for children brought here without anyone else. They weren’t brought here and ripped from families. Trumps order back in May 2018. Not Obama.
Actually the fence partitions weren't created for just kids, it was largely families and young men.

But you're exactly right that under Obama children were only separated when there was a risk of harm or dangerous criminal activity assessed. Trump changed the policy to automatically charge all adults making the separation mandatory. It's effectively state sponsored child abuse as a deterrent to migration and it's totally depraved.

Per the parents not wanting children back, think for a second and it's likely most of these are hoping their kids get to stay and have a chance at a better life. It's why they came in the first place.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually the fence partitions weren't created for just kids, it was largely families and young men.

But you're exactly right that under Obama children were only separated when there was a risk of harm or dangerous criminal activity assessed. Trump changed the policy to automatically charge all adults making the separation mandatory. It's effectively state sponsored child abuse as a deterrent to migration and it's totally depraved.

Per the parents not wanting children back, think for a second and it's likely most of these are hoping their kids get to stay and have a chance at a better life. It's why they came in the first place.
Stop talking logic it’s a foreign language which Jim for sure won’t understand and while Scott probably will he is too mean and cranky to admit. Trump was warned by multiple agencies and people close to him that change in policy was wrong, but as we all know by now if someone tells a Trump something he plans is wrong he doubles down on it.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

sincere question. what is trump
supposed to do, when children are picked up with adults who aren’t their parents? and then when we contact the parents, they don’t want the kids returned? what is trump
supposed to do? because that’s what’s happening.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:28 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

supposed to do, .

according to spence...these parents come from a foreign country with kids in tow...when we catch them at the border we put their kids in cages and send the parents back to their country of origin and then we call the parents months later and say "hey, but the way...do you want your kids back?'...and the parents say..."no, that's ok...you can keep them"

makes sense....right?
Old 10-28-2020, 11:46 AM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

They made a choice to charge all with criminal offenses and therefore separated all parents from children.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #21
wdmso

Quote:
supposed to do, when children are picked up with adults who aren’t their parents? and then when we contact the parents, they don’t want the kids returned? what is trump
supposed to do? because that’s what’s happening.
1st of Jim the issues of when children are picked up with adults who aren’t their parents? is not the issue

the issue seems Trumps administration saw anyone picked up with children were by policy separated as a form of coercion to send a message not out a concern they were being trafficked

2nd about parents who dont want their kid .. you need a better source

The Trump campaign’s communications director asserted on Friday that the reason some migrant families separated by the administration at the U.S. border have not been reunited is because the parents do not want their children back.

think about it Id rather leave my kid in America and hope for a better future then put them back were the out come is certain . so I am sure a few parents have made that choice .. not 500 of them
Old 10-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
1st of Jim the issues of when children are picked up with adults who aren’t their parents? is not the issue

the issue seems Trumps administration saw anyone picked up with children were by policy separated as a form of coercion to send a message not out a concern they were being trafficked

2nd about parents who dont want their kid .. you need a better source

The Trump campaign’s communications director asserted on Friday that the reason some migrant families separated by the administration at the U.S. border have not been reunited is because the parents do not want their children back.

think about it Id rather leave my kid in America and hope for a better future then put them back were the out come is certain . so I am sure a few parents have made that choice .. not 500 of them
How do you know that it's not the case that the parents don't want the kids? How could you know that?

"1st of Jim the issues of when children are picked up with adults who aren’t their parents? is not the issue "

Yes it is, with the 500 kids in question.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:

think about it Id rather leave my kid in America and hope for a better future then put them back were the out come is certain . :
As a liberal who supports the slaughter of babies and rejects the notion of responsibility, I have no problem whatsoever accepting that you would abandon your kids and let someone else be responsible for them. There's most of the democratic platform in one sentence..."I freely chose to have the kids, but accept absolutely zero responsibility for my actions, and I expect someone else to take my place and do the work that I should be doing myself. Yet I'll still criticize those into whose laps I have dumped the most basic, fundamental responsibility since the dawn of time."

The question I asked Pete and Spence, which they both dodged, I'll ask you. What do you do with those kids?
Old 10-28-2020, 01:08 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

“ The Trump administration had no plans to keep track of the families or ever reunite them and so that’s why we’re in the situation we’re in now, to try to account for each family.”
Old 10-28-2020, 01:27 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Pete, Spence Rockhound, WDMSO, Paul...why do democrats and the media still say that Trump refuses to disavow white supremacists?
Old 10-28-2020, 02:16 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Pete, Spence Rockhound, WDMSO, Paul...why do democrats and the media still say that Trump refuses to disavow white supremacists?
Just more stuff he doesn't know..............

He's been consistently clear about his view of white supremacist violence. If you expect him to spontaneously denounce it, you’ll be waiting a while. If, however, you insist that he does so, he will do so either to check the demanded box or as a way to talk about the things he considers a real threat to the country.

“Proud Boys, stand back and stand by,” Trump said. Then he quickly moved on: “But I’ll tell you what — I’ll tell you what, somebody’s got to do something about antifa and the left because this is not a right-wing problem.”

There's more

“I am concerned about the rise of any group of hate,” he said. “I don’t like it, any group of hate, whether it’s white supremacy, whether it’s any other kind of supremacy, whether it’s antifa, whether it’s any group of hate, I am very concerned about it, and I’ll do something about it.”

That equivalence between left and right appears over and over. Even when Trump decided to denounce racism on Twitter on the anniversary of the violence in Charlottesville, he denounced “all types of racism” — tacitly equating anti-Black racism with perceived racism targeting Whites.

“I don't know about retweeting. I mean, you retweet somebody, and turns out to be a white supremacist,” he said. “I know nothing about these groups that are supporting me."

“Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke, okay? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don’t know. I don’t know, did he endorse me or what’s going on, because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists.”

After a man killed 49 Muslims at a mosque in New Zealand in early 2019, Trump was asked whether white nationalism posed a threat globally.

“I don’t, really,” he replied. “I think it’s a small group of people that have very, very serious problems.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-28-2020, 02:25 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
How do you know that it's not the case that the parents don't want the kids? How could you know that?

"1st of Jim the issues of when children are picked up with adults who aren’t their parents? is not the issue "

Yes it is, with the 500 kids in question.
And the Trump campaign is your source ..

I have never doubted some parents are and have willing to left their children for a more hopeful future. But 500 of them that they can't find and like a typical republican you blame the family's saying they don't want their kids..

Refresh my memory who separated them ? Who deported parents minus their kids. Oh wait The United States of America did at Trumps direction
Old 10-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
Jim saying it and actually meaning it are not the same

whats the saying faith without works is dead
Old 10-28-2020, 03:21 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim saying it and actually meaning it are not the same

whats the saying faith without works is dead
They are claiming he didn't say it.

"faith without works is dead"

Youre saying Trump hasn't done anything to help blacks?

Lowest black unemployment ever. EVER.
increasing funding to black colleges
creating economic opportunity zones in urban areas
advocating for school choice
championing criminal justice reform

That's not a good list of things that disproportionately help blacks?

in the name of racial tolerance, defaced monuments to Abraham Lincoln. I guess he never did anything to help blacks?

Your side cannot be reasoned with. Look at what's happening in Philadelphia = riots and anarchy. WHY? Because a guy with a knife kept coming at cops who were backing away from him, and asked him repeatedly to drop the knife. How the f*ck is HE the victim?

That's the divide right now. If you think those cops are racist murderers, youre a democrat. If you think the cops obviously did nothing wrong, youre a republican.

No matter what Trump says or does, you'll all say hes a racist. Because all you care about is wining, and the last thing you want to have is an accurate conversation about what he's accomplished for blacks. So as always, you accuse someone you don't like, or racism, despite all the evidence to the contrary. DO you EDVER get tired of playing that disgusting race card?
Old 10-28-2020, 05:29 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Stand by and stand ready.