Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #331
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
It’s very apparent that the majority of Americans have more empathy than Trump and Trumplicans, that’s why most say while I personally may be better off, the country is not with this administration.
It’s only a few more days and I applaud Covita for unifying the country, it just happens to be against him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"It’s very apparent that the majority of Americans have more empathy than Trump "

Probably true.

"and Trumplicans"

to believe THAT, you'd need to "set aside" the data which clearly shows that conservatives as a group are more likely to donate time and money to charity than liberals. Again, we se your ability to "set aside" any and all facts which contradict your simplistic notion that liberal=good, conservative=bad.

"while I personally may be better off, the country is not"

If most people are better off, how is the country not better off? It's not like only a small number were better off before covid, than they were 4 years prior. Not sure who else was meaningfully worse off, or how. If having a soft cuddly president is more important to you than having a good job and a healthy 401k, I guess you were worse off. I just can't see any meaningful number of people being that stupid.

" applaud Covita for unifying the country"

we can't all be as unifying as Obama was. No division there.

Keep setting aside everything you can't respond to , Pete. That's healthy.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #332
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m sending good thoughts to you Jim, I know this is going to be a tough couple of weeks, breath in through your nose 1-2-3 and out through your mouth 1-2-3, there isn’t that better.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:30 PM   #333
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I’m sending good thoughts to you Jim, I know this is going to be a tough couple of weeks, breath in through your nose 1-2-3 and out through your mouth 1-2-3, there isn’t that better.
Are you illiterate? I am assuming he gets creamed and planned accordingly, I'll actually make out great if he loses. How many times do I have to say it before it sinks in? Should I make you a pop up book? Would that help?

I won't have to hide under my bed like someone here did when he won.

Again, very smug for a guy who says that the US economy is in worse shape now, than at any time since the Great Depression. Wicked smaht. That' snot a sign of TDS. There's ALL KINDS of data to support that statement, right?
Old 10-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #334
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, how do you explain that a record number of people say they're better off now than 4 years ago? Never before have more Americans claimed they were better off. How did that happen, what makes them feel that way?
Source.
Old 10-28-2020, 03:59 PM   #335
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Source.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...go/ar-BB1a0Qbp

I suppose you'll try to tell us the article doesn't say what it explicitly says?

This was during a pandemic? What would the % have been if they asked this last November? Everyone except ISIS sleeper agents would have said they were better off.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #336
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Are you illiterate? I am assuming he gets creamed and planned accordingly, I'll actually make out great if he loses. How many times do I have to say it before it sinks in? Should I make you a pop up book? Would that help?

I won't have to hide under my bed like someone here did when he won.

Again, very smug for a guy who says that the US economy is in worse shape now, than at any time since the Great Depression. Wicked smaht. That' snot a sign of TDS. There's ALL KINDS of data to support that statement, right?
You are almost as easy to wind up as DeBarr is.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #337
Jim in CT

Quote:
You are almost as easy to wind up as DeBarr is.
Pointing out the absurdity of your statement, isn't wound up.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:18 PM   #338
spence

Quote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...go/ar-BB1a0Qbp

I suppose you'll try to tell us the article doesn't say what it explicitly says?

This was during a pandemic? What would the % have been if they asked this last November? Everyone except ISIS sleeper agents would have said they were better off.
So what you're saying is a majority thinks they're better off yet they want to boot Trump anyway? Just want to be clear.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:29 PM   #339
wdmso

Dow Plunges 943 Points; Steep Sell-Off Is Triggered By Fears Of More Lockdowns

Guess this is what rounding the corner looks like. Or is the DOW suffering from TDS also
Old 10-28-2020, 05:47 PM   #340
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Guess this is what rounding the corner looks like. Or is the DOW suffering from TDS also
I know WTF didn’t investors see the Trump campaign put out the memo they wiped this pandemic?
Old 10-28-2020, 06:08 PM   #341
Jim in CT

Quote:
So what you're saying is a majority thinks they're better off yet they want to boot Trump anyway? Just want to be clear.
i’m not saying it. the poll said it.

for some reason you have a very hard time differentiating between what i am saying, and what i claim someone else said.

in every presidential
election, the question is asked if poole are better off then 4 years ago.

i claimed, correctly, that this year a record number of people
said they were better off.

you asked for the source.

gave you the source.

you respond with some
kind of an insult i gather, but the answer is yes. IF both polls are accurate, a majority of people
say they’re better off then 4 years ago, yet a majority will vote for biden.

i didn’t invent that theory. it’s what the polls are saying. not what i’m
saying. are you still unclear?
Old 10-28-2020, 06:12 PM   #342
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

and which candidate, if they win, is likely to support more
lockdowns.

you’re saying fear of lockdowns is a rejection of trump? trump
wants lockdowns, not biden?

that’s some serious logic there boys. trump, not biden, is responsible for fear of lockdowns one week ahead of an election biden is projected to win. trump is calling for opening things up, while
biden is telling people to prepare for a dark winter. Despite all that, you associate lockdowns with trump. incredible.

have you guys all been painting inside with the windows shut? you need to open the windows a crack.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:49 PM   #343
Pete F.
Canceled

What Covita’s associated with is a failure to take the virus seriously.
This is evidenced by having mass rallies in places with rising infection rates, claiming he’s saved us from COVID-19 and that it’s over, that we can just go back to normal, that getting the virus is no big deal and that a vaccine will be available shortly.
Don’t worry Mexico paid for the wall, it’s all done, the middle class tax cut will come right after the election and.......infrastructure week
Old 10-28-2020, 09:47 PM   #344
detbuch

Quote:

Trump has obviously taken it very seriously.

This is evidenced by having mass rallies in places with rising infection rates, claiming he’s saved us from COVID-19 and that it’s over, that we can just go back to normal, that getting the virus is no big deal and that a vaccine will be available shortly.

Infection rates are rising just about everywhere, not just in places where he has had rallies. He has done a lot to "save us." "It's over" is hyperbole. Death rate is way down from the start.
We need to get back to normal. The sooner the better. The virus is not as deadly as we are scared into believing. And his facilitation of the vaccine coming shortly is one of the many things he has done to save us.

Don’t worry Mexico paid for the wall, it’s all done, the middle class tax cut will come right after the election and.......infrastructure week
In spite of ferocious opposition, 371 miles of wall have been completed and construction continues. Mexico is spending money on guarding the border, housing illegals, sending many back, and assimilating many. It also wants to continue cooperating on the immigration issue in order to keep intact the the trade deal. Illegal crossings have shrunk. The Repubs delivered on their first tax cut. There is no reason to believe that they won't do so as well with the middle class tax cut.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:12 AM   #345
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
In spite of ferocious opposition, 371 miles of wall have been completed and construction continues. Mexico is spending money on guarding the border, housing illegals, sending many back, and assimilating many. It also wants to continue cooperating on the immigration issue in order to keep intact the the trade deal. Illegal crossings have shrunk. The Repubs delivered on their first tax cut. There is no reason to believe that they won't do so as well with the middle class tax cut.
*most of that wall has replaced old sections in need of replacement, all that equates to is routine maintenance any parties administration would probably have to do, but thanks for the spin. Hey on the Covid thread issue, new studies on brain function impact on Covid patients, indicate it ages the brain by up to ten years. Now considering Trumps age and his already diminished mental capacity, I think his miss pronounced word count will be epic if elected and we are witness to it.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:21 AM   #346
scottw

Quote:
*most of that wall has replaced old sections in need of replacement, all that equates to is routine maintenance any parties administration would probably have to do, but thanks for the spin. Hey on the Covid thread issue, new studies on brain function impact on Covid patients, indicate it ages the brain by up to ten years. Now considering Trumps age and his already diminished mental capacity, I think his miss pronounced word count will be epic if elected and we are witness to it.
replacement is not "routine maintenance".....you really shouldn't accuse others of "spin"
Old 10-29-2020, 07:24 AM   #347
Jim in CT

Quote:

Which again is funny, because Biden said in January that Trumps travel restrictions were "hysterical", that it was an over reaction. Which necessarily means that back then, Biden took it less seriously than Trump did. Yet with all that, you say with a straight face that Biden would have done more to confront the virus in early days.

You are making stuff up, which is flatly refuted by events that actually happened. Try making that wrong.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:30 AM   #348
scottw

Quote:

You are making stuff up,

it's his hobby...
Old 10-29-2020, 07:35 AM   #349
spence

Quote:
Which again is funny, because Biden said in January that Trumps travel restrictions were "hysterical", that it was an over reaction. Which necessarily means that back then, Biden took it less seriously than Trump did. Yet with all that, you say with a straight face that Biden would have done more to confront the virus in early days.

You are making stuff up, which is flatly refuted by events that actually happened. Try making that wrong.
No he didn’t
Old 10-29-2020, 07:37 AM   #350
Jim in CT

Quote:
No he didn’t
he said hysterical, and xenophobic. Those are his exact words.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:37 AM   #351
scottw

Quote:
No he didn’t
it's biden soooooo.....
Old 10-29-2020, 07:38 AM   #352
Jim in CT

Quote:
No he didn’t
And Pelosi tried to pass a bill in the house that would have un-did the travel restrictions, even Chris Cuomo had to attack her for that - what does that tell you.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #353
Jim in CT

Quote:
No he didn’t
On February 1, the day after the travel restrictions were announced, Biden said this...

"We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering"

An exact quote.

On April 3, the Biden campaign finally said it supported science-based travel bans. In April.

How can someone married to a foreigner, be a xenophpobe anyway? Can someone explain that?
Old 10-29-2020, 08:18 AM   #354
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
·
Oct 25, 2019
We are not prepared for a pandemic. Trump has rolled back progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. We need leadership that builds public trust, focuses on real threats, and mobilizes the world to stop outbreaks before they reach our shores.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2020, 08:37 AM   #355
Jim in CT

Quote:
We need leadership that builds public trust, focuses on real threats, and mobilizes the world to stop outbreaks before they reach our shores.
Oh, that's real specific Pete.

It's Trumps fault that China bungled this?
Old 10-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #356
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Oh, that's real specific Pete.

It's Trumps fault that China bungled this?
https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...c-Playbook.pdf

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #357
spence

Quote:
On February 1, the day after the travel restrictions were announced, Biden said this...

"We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering"

An exact quote.

On April 3, the Biden campaign finally said it supported science-based travel bans. In April.

How can someone married to a foreigner, be a xenophpobe anyway? Can someone explain that?
Actually I believe it was the same day, perhaps just hours apart. And anyone with a 5th grade reading comprehension can see he was talking about Trump's history.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:00 AM   #358
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually I believe it was the same day, perhaps just hours apart. And anyone with a 5th grade reading comprehension can see he was talking about Trump's history.
right the timing was a coincidence

and pelosi trying to pass a bill which would
have reversed the travel ban, what do you call that?

and biden waiting until april
to say that travel bans were a good idea? wasn’t that way too late?
Old 10-29-2020, 09:38 AM   #359
Pete F.
Canceled

Janurary 27th 2020 OpEd by Biden in USA Today

The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. He called President Barack Obama a “dope” and “incompetent” and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse. He advocated abandoning exposed and infected American citizens rather than bringing them home for treatment.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more.

Diseases don't stop at borders or walls
The State Department has scheduled an evacuation flight and advised Americans against traveling to Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak, and is evacuating non-essential personnel.

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond.

Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks.

To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.

Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall. We cannot keep ourselves safe without helping to keep others safe as well and without enlisting the help of other nations in return. And here’s the truth — the United States must step forward to lead these efforts, because no other nation has the resources, the reach or the relationships to marshal an effective international response.

That’s how we broke the infection curve on Ebola. In September 2014, CDC projections warned that over 1 million people could be infected if we failed to act. By February 2015, thanks to the leadership of our administration, the number of new Ebola cases was fewer than 400. A few months later, the epidemic was essentially extinguished.

I will uphold science, not fiction or fear
We brought the world together behind a response that only the United States could mobilize — including dispatching our military on a limited mission to help build the urgent infrastructure necessary to coordinate a massive global public health response, deploying American disaster assistance response teams to Africa, unleashing the NIH to help spur the discovery of new treatments and vaccines, protecting our citizens from potential cases of Ebola in the USA, and harnessing civilian expertise from the CDC at home and abroad.

We acted over the chorus of uninformed objections from critics like Donald Trump, and more than 60 countries followed our lead, contributing over $2 billion, thousands of health professionals and personnel, and other critical resources like personal protective equipment. Just as important, we strengthened our focus on preparing for the next crisis.

That’s the kind of leadership a moment like this demands — a leadership Trump could never deliver.

As president, I will reassert U.S. leadership in global health security. My policies will always uphold science, not fiction or fearmongering. I will ask Congress to beef up the Public Health Emergency Fund and give me the power to use the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to declare a disaster if an infectious disease threat merits it.

I will also renew funding — set to expire in May — for the nationwide network of hospitals that can isolate and treat people with infectious diseases, and fully fund the Global Health Security Agenda so the world is ready for the next outbreak. And I will rebuild public trust, make sure we have dedicated resources to help us respond to crises quickly, and better harness the capabilities of the private sector to protect the American people. Our national security requires nothing less.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2020, 10:01 AM   #360
spence

Quote:
and pelosi trying to pass a bill which would
have reversed the travel ban, what do you call that?
Incomplete information.