Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #361
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Incomplete information.
Then please provide the information I missed, so that we can have the complete picture.

Even Chris Cuomo attacked Pelosi for this. But you can't. You're more extremely partisan than he is. Kudos. But you don't have a side, no sir.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:10 AM   #362
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and which candidate, if they win, is likely to support more
lockdowns.

you’re saying fear of lockdowns is a rejection of trump? trump
wants lockdowns, not biden?

that’s some serious logic there boys. trump, not biden, is responsible for fear of lockdowns one week ahead of an election biden is projected to win. trump is calling for opening things up, while
biden is telling people to prepare for a dark winter. Despite all that, you associate lockdowns with trump. incredible.

have you guys all been painting inside with the windows shut? you need to open the windows a crack.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim even wall street sees Covid 19 is a big issue. 25% positivity in some states

Sorry if Trump took the virus seriously no lock downs would be required with a low positivity rates ... but that's not what happened.. is it . So take your own advice and open a window and let out your anti science thinking out ... clearly you have limited understanding of how a disease Impacts employees employers hospitals
When you have covid infections out of control . And a POTUS holding rallies after maskless rallies willing to sacrifice his willing sheep

And wall street sees whats possibly comming .. and its not about Biden. Its about whats happening now
Old 10-29-2020, 10:18 AM   #363
spence

Quote:
Then please provide the information I missed, so that we can have the complete picture.

Even Chris Cuomo attacked Pelosi for this. But you can't. You're more extremely partisan than he is. Kudos. But you don't have a side, no sir.
The resistance to travel bans was mostly concern that the Trump administration would use them to enact immigration policy that was anti-Muslim. The Dems weren't trying to reverse the travel restrictions from China.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:19 AM   #364
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The resistance to travel bans was mostly concern that the Trump administration would use them to enact immigration policy that was anti-Muslim. The Dems weren't trying to reverse the travel restrictions from China.
did Trumps travel restrictions regarding China, mention anything about religion? Anything at all?
Old 10-29-2020, 11:23 AM   #365
Pete F.
Canceled

The No Ban Act had a narrow exception that allows the president to institute travel bans during public health crises, including the current pandemic

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2020, 11:31 AM   #366
wdmso

seem jim forgets we allowed over 1000 plus infected people back into the country with out testing them from all over the world and released them into airports to travel home spreading covid as they went ... not sure what good a travel ban is if you never tested or tracked returning travelers?

Its like saying dont be mad at we or hold me accountable I locked the front door!!! but you left all the windows and back door open
Old 10-29-2020, 12:38 PM   #367
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The partial travel ban is Jim’s fallback.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:50 PM   #368
Pete F.
Canceled

The White House publicly denies it. But Trump's own COVID advisers now privately admit that he's pursuing a 'herd immunity' strategy. And that gambit could result in the deaths of thousands and thousands and thousands of people.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #369
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
seem jim forgets we allowed over 1000 plus infected people back into the country with out testing them from all over the world and released them into airports to travel home spreading covid as they went ... not sure what good a travel ban is if you never tested or tracked returning travelers?

Its like saying dont be mad at we or hold me accountable I locked the front door!!! but you left all the windows and back door open
I don't forget that. I never, ever said that his travel ban was effective. What I said, is that Biden said the ban was hysterical and xenophobic.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #370
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
The partial travel ban is Jim’s fallback.
My fallback, is that when liberals say he didn't do enough, I'll point out that back then, they said he did too much.

The travel ban, is completely irrelevant. What is relevant, is that liberals said it was an overreaction. The same people who said then that he overreacted, now say he didn't do enough.

That logic may make sense to you, seeing as you somehow conclude that the economy is now at its worst point since the great depression. To non-deranged people, that logic is, to put it politely, lacking.

Tell me more! What stocks should we buy this year? Share your economic knowledge with all of us, don't hoard it to yourself.

You sure showed me...

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-29-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-29-2020, 02:06 PM   #371
Jim in CT

Quote:

Whew. I'm not saying the travel ban was good. I'm saying that if liberals said then that it was an overreaction, they can't say today that Trump should have done more. You can't have it both ways.

Going too fast for you?
Old 10-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #372
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Quote:
right the timing was a coincidence

and pelosi trying to pass a bill which would
have reversed the travel ban, what do you call that?

and biden waiting until april
to say that travel bans were a good idea? wasn’t that way too late?
Quote:
Janurary 27th 2020 OpEd by Biden in USA Today

The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. He called President Barack Obama a “dope” and “incompetent” and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse. He advocated abandoning exposed and infected American citizens rather than bringing them home for treatment.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more.

Diseases don't stop at borders or walls
The State Department has scheduled an evacuation flight and advised Americans against traveling to Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak, and is evacuating non-essential personnel.

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond.

Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks.

To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.

Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall. We cannot keep ourselves safe without helping to keep others safe as well and without enlisting the help of other nations in return. And here’s the truth — the United States must step forward to lead these efforts, because no other nation has the resources, the reach or the relationships to marshal an effective international response.

That’s how we broke the infection curve on Ebola. In September 2014, CDC projections warned that over 1 million people could be infected if we failed to act. By February 2015, thanks to the leadership of our administration, the number of new Ebola cases was fewer than 400. A few months later, the epidemic was essentially extinguished.

I will uphold science, not fiction or fear
We brought the world together behind a response that only the United States could mobilize — including dispatching our military on a limited mission to help build the urgent infrastructure necessary to coordinate a massive global public health response, deploying American disaster assistance response teams to Africa, unleashing the NIH to help spur the discovery of new treatments and vaccines, protecting our citizens from potential cases of Ebola in the USA, and harnessing civilian expertise from the CDC at home and abroad.

We acted over the chorus of uninformed objections from critics like Donald Trump, and more than 60 countries followed our lead, contributing over $2 billion, thousands of health professionals and personnel, and other critical resources like personal protective equipment. Just as important, we strengthened our focus on preparing for the next crisis.

That’s the kind of leadership a moment like this demands — a leadership Trump could never deliver.

As president, I will reassert U.S. leadership in global health security. My policies will always uphold science, not fiction or fearmongering. I will ask Congress to beef up the Public Health Emergency Fund and give me the power to use the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to declare a disaster if an infectious disease threat merits it.

I will also renew funding — set to expire in May — for the nationwide network of hospitals that can isolate and treat people with infectious diseases, and fully fund the Global Health Security Agenda so the world is ready for the next outbreak. And I will rebuild public trust, make sure we have dedicated resources to help us respond to crises quickly, and better harness the capabilities of the private sector to protect the American people. Our national security requires nothing less.
Quote:

Quote:
The No Ban Act had a narrow exception that allows the president to institute travel bans during public health crises, including the current pandemic
Quote:
I don't forget that. I never, ever said that his travel ban was effective. What I said, is that Biden said the ban was hysterical and xenophobic.
Quote:
Whew. I'm not saying the travel ban was good. I'm saying that if liberals said then that it was an overreaction, they can't say today that Trump should have done more. You can't have it both ways.

Going too fast for you?
I think you are going too fast for yourself

Biden dealt with Covita's hysterical xenophobic response during the Ebola pandemic. It's all in the public record including Covita's tweets.
Nobody said a travel ban was an overreaction, just that it alone was not the correct response and apparently you agree.
It had as much effect as designating one part of the pool as the urination area.
If you want to see a detailed pandemic plan I linked it several posts ago, Covita literally threw his in the garbage.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2020, 02:47 PM   #373
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think you are going too fast for yourself

Biden dealt with Covita's hysterical xenophobic response during the Ebola pandemic. It's all in the public record including Covita's tweets.
Nobody said a travel ban was an overreaction, just that it alone was not the correct response and apparently you agree.
It had as much effect as designating one part of the pool as the urination area.
If you want to see a detailed pandemic plan I linked it several posts ago, Covita literally threw his in the garbage.
"Biden dealt with Covita's hysterical xenophobic response during the Ebola pandemic. It's all in the public record including Covita's tweets."

Thw day Trump announced his travel restrictions, Biden said Trump was hysterical and xenophobic. Also public record. Right?

"Nobody said a travel ban was an overreaction"

Biden said it was "hysterical".

In mid-January, the WHO said there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission.

Nancy Pelosi on Feb 24: "but we do want to say to people ‘Come to Chinatown, here we are — we're, again, careful, safe — and come join us.'”

Bill Diblasio in March 2: ""Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus"

Anderson Cooper on March 2: "The flu right now is far deadlier," Cooper says. "So if you’re freaked out at all about the coronavirus you should be more concerned about the flu"

Mar.9 - Bernie Sanders tells Foxnews he would not close our borders in response to the virus

Dr Fauci on Jan 26: "The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Fauci says on The CATS Roundtable. "It isn't something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about."

Feb. 11 - Ron Klein, Biden campaign top coronovirus advisor: "coronavirus won't be a "serious pandemic."

Feb. 13 - Ron Klein, Biden campaign top coronovirus advisor: "We don’t have a #COVIDー19 epidemic in the US but we are starting to see a fear epidemic. Kudos to @NYCMayor (and others) for standing against that."

Nah, no one was downplaying it in the winter. Nope! Only Trump somehow got it wrong. All the democrats knew exactly what was coming. Right, Pete?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fro...vent-aged-well
Old 10-29-2020, 02:58 PM   #374
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
"Biden dealt with Covita's hysterical xenophobic response during the Ebola pandemic. It's all in the public record including Covita's tweets."

Thw day Trump announced his travel restrictions, Biden said Trump was hysterical and xenophobic. Also public record. Right?

In mid-January, the WHO said there was no evidence of human-to-human transmission.

Nancy Pelosi on Feb 24: "but we do want to say to people ‘Come to Chinatown, here we are — we're, again, careful, safe — and come join us.'”

Bill Diblasio in March 2: ""Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus"

Anderson Cooper on March 2: "The flu right now is far deadlier," Cooper says. "So if you’re freaked out at all about the coronavirus you should be more concerned about the flu"

Mar.9 - Bernie Sanders tells Foxnews he would not close our borders in response to the virus

Dr Fauci on Jan 26: "The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Fauci says on The CATS Roundtable. "It isn't something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about."

Feb. 11 - Ron Klein, Biden campaign top coronovirus advisor: "coronavirus won't be a "serious pandemic."

Feb. 13 - Ron Klein, Biden campaign top coronovirus advisor: "We don’t have a #COVIDー19 epidemic in the US but we are starting to see a fear epidemic. Kudos to @NYCMayor (and others) for standing against that."

Nah, no one was downplaying it in the winter. Nope! Only Trump somehow got it wrong. All the democrats knew exactly what was coming. Right, Pete?

Simple answer. Trump was right on the partial travel ban, maybe it should have gone further

The liberals listed were wrong at the times you quoted.

This was in the first months of this #^&#^&#^&#^&. We know from Woodward's recording Trump knew early, this had the potential to be bad. How much did the mayors and governors know in Feb/early March? I don't know. We know Trump knew it could be bad.

The difference is, the others (non-Trump) have adjusted course as we learned more about this thing. Trump has basically not. We are at all time daily highs on an upwards sloped and we have 'turned the corner'? (I don't love the SNL debate-stuff right now but Alec Baldwin as Trump had a good line about how this isn't a second wave because it never went back down). He is also out there making fun of mask and mask wearers. Yes there is still reasonable debate on that Jim, but the majority/plurality/consensus is that it seems to help limit spread.

USA Today even had an analysis that following Trump campaign rally's/events brought, cases have increased higher in those counties than elsewhere.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-29-2020, 03:15 PM   #375
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Here is what Biden said "We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus. This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria and xenophobia - hysterical xenophobia - and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science."

See above

President Trump’s head popped up during his top-secret intelligence briefing in the Oval Office on Jan. 28 when the discussion turned to the coronavirus outbreak in China.

“This will be the biggest national security threat you face in your presidency,” national security adviser Robert C. O’Brien told Trump, “This is going to be the roughest thing you face.”

Matthew Pottinger, the deputy national security adviser, agreed. He told the president that after reaching contacts in China, it was evident that the world faced a health emergency on par with the flu pandemic of 1918, which killed an estimated 50 million people worldwide.

Ten days later, Trump called Woodward and revealed that he thought the situation was far more dire than what he had been saying publicly.

“You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed,” Trump said in a Feb. 7 call. “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flus.”
“This is deadly stuff,” the president repeated for emphasis.

In a Feb. 7 interview, when asked what Chinese President Xi Jinping
told him about the virus, Trump says, “This is deadly stuff.”

At that time, Trump was telling the nation that the virus was no worse than a seasonal flu, predicting it would soon disappear and insisting that the U.S. government had it totally under control. It would be several weeks before he would publicly acknowledge that the virus was no ordinary flu and that it could be transmitted through the air.

When on Feb. 7th Covita told Bob Woodward how dangerous it was, maybe if he had said that to others things would have been different.

It was not until March 11th that he spoke "My fellow Americans: Tonight, I want to speak with you about our nation's unprecedented response to the coronavirus outbreak that started in China and is now spreading throughout the world."

Oddly enough while those people with the exception of Fauci in January, were saying things, Covita was keeping it on the down low..........

Keep dreaming in that little Fox echo chamber, remember, it's a hoax and November 4th it will be gone like a miracle.
More and more comes out about the administration's efforts to keep the virus under wraps and failure to act.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-29-2020, 03:17 PM   #376
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Simple answer. Trump was right on the partial travel ban, maybe it should have gone further

The liberals listed were wrong at the times you quoted.

This was in the first months of this #^&#^&#^&#^&. We know from Woodward's recording Trump knew early, this had the potential to be bad. How much did the mayors and governors know in Feb/early March? I don't know. We know Trump knew it could be bad.

The difference is, the others (non-Trump) have adjusted course as we learned more about this thing. Trump has basically not. We are at all time daily highs on an upwards sloped and we have 'turned the corner'? (I don't love the SNL debate-stuff right now but Alec Baldwin as Trump had a good line about how this isn't a second wave because it never went back down). He is also out there making fun of mask and mask wearers. Yes there is still reasonable debate on that Jim, but the majority/plurality/consensus is that it seems to help limit spread.

USA Today even had an analysis that following Trump campaign rally's/events brought, cases have increased higher in those counties than elsewhere.
"The liberals listed were wrong at the times you quoted.
"

Literally, the only democrat here who can bring himself to say that. I respect that.

"We know Trump knew it could be bad. "

What should he have done in March, which he has the authority to do?

"the others (non-Trump) have adjusted course as we learned more about this thing."

Is Trump not now suggesting social distancing, masks, etc? Did he not get hospital ships and ventilators in CA and NY? Did the feds convert the Javits center in NY to a hospital?

"there is still reasonable debate on that (masks) Jim, but the majority/plurality/consensus is that it seems to help limit spread. "

Again, I agree 100% with your statement, and I also lean in favor of the guys who say masks help, and I wear one every time I go out. Again, you're the only liberal who can concede that there are studies questioning the value of masks. I don't buy into those studies, but I admit they exist. Only you can agree they exist.

I absolutely don't give Trump a good grade on his handling of the virus, and I never said I did. But I don't see specific policies that most people suggested, which he ignored, except for masks I guess, which I think he was reckless on. But isn't he now sayong to wear masks?

Bryan, in January, I thought we needed major lockdowns. I was terrified that seniors all over the country would die for lack of ventilators, that hospitals would be overwhelmed. None of that happened.

200k is a staggering, appalling number. If a consensus of experts was begging Trump in January to do something he didn't do, I'd agree much of this is on him. I don't see evidence that's the case. Maybe he was too casual in his words, but I don't take those cues from him or any president. Mt family (we are in CT) locked down in the spring, only went out when necessary, wore masks, stayed 10 feet away, sanitized our hands 25 times a day. Trump didn't tell me not to do those things.

Gov Cuomo ordered nursing homes (nursing homes of all places!) to admit covid-19 residents, when most nursing homes aren't anything close to a hospital. How many died as a direct result of that? And none of that is on Trump. And everyone on the left gives Cuomo a pass.

As I have said so many times, thanks for being the voice of reason and honesty on the left. Have a good afternoon, and stay safe.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:22 PM   #377
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
My fallback, is that when liberals say he didn't do enough, I'll point out that back then, they said he did too much.

The travel ban, is completely irrelevant. What is relevant, is that liberals said it was an overreaction. The same people who said then that he overreacted, now say he didn't do enough.

That logic may make sense to you, seeing as you somehow conclude that the economy is now at its worst point since the great depression. To non-deranged people, that logic is, to put it politely, lacking.

Tell me more! What stocks should we buy this year? Share your economic knowledge with all of us, don't hoard it to yourself.

You sure showed me...
The "liberals" you bitch about reacted early on in a negative way were NOT in charge and since many others have covered some of the context of those statements by the left, I'm not going to waste time reposted. Screen doors in submarines don't work and partial travel bans without an aggressive national plane to follow don't work either. Trump knew how bad this was going to be and he didn't evolve with the problem, because he was more concerned about his image and how this was going to impact his chances of a second term. If you don't think the messaging from the top, especially in light of what he knew (woodward tapes are very telling), then you are blind.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:57 PM   #378
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you don't think the messaging from the top, especially in light of what he knew (woodward tapes are very telling), then you are blind.
If messaging from the top is that powerful, why did so many states have lockdowns, with people wearing masks and avoiding each other. If everybody blindly listens to Trump, why we were all being so responsible?

On what basis would you say Trumps "messaging" caused more deaths than Gov Cuomo ordering nursing homes to admit covid-positive residents?

Cuomo wasn't a victim of early-days ignorance. By the time he issued his genocidal order, the entire world knew that the elderly were the most at risk. That was well known when that Mensa candidate deliberately sent that disease to nursing homes. But none of you are critical of him. And despite what you say, he was and is in charge of his state.

This is all partisan political BS. liberal=good, conservative=bad. Nothing any of you say (except rockhound), goes against that. Never.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:08 PM   #379
wdmso

Quote:
If

Cuomo wasn't a victim of early-days ignorance. By the time he issued his genocidal order, the entire world knew that the elderly were the most at risk. That was well known when that Mensa candidate deliberately sent that disease to nursing homes. But none of you are critical of him. And despite what you say, he was and is in charge of his state.r.

I love how you always fall back on the nursing home argument.

Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities Account for 42% of COVID-19 Deaths

WHO do you blame for deaths not in New York

Ps At issue is a directive that Mr. Cuomo’s administration delivered in late March, effectively ordering nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients from hospitals.

The goal was to free up hospitals’ beds at a time when those facilities were being overwhelmed by fresh waves of virus patients

Yes Jim it was a bad decision but to suggest to suggest malicious intent.

Seems your hate is miss directed Trumps killed 200k by your own logic if i recall you blamed obama for for 12k deaths when you thought covid was BS like Trump .. now you acting all righteous its comical
Old 10-29-2020, 07:04 PM   #380
Pete F.
Canceled

Meanwhile back in the USA

Today there were 83,757 new coronavirus cases in the U.S., according to data from Johns Hopkins University — making this the highest single day of reported cases since the pandemic began.

Remember Americans don’t panic, Trump panicked.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:16 PM   #381
scottw

well...it IS flu season

looks like New York is trying to work it's way back into the top 10

Europe struggling with 2nd surge of COVID-19 case, and it may be worse than the 1st
The continent now accounts for 46% of global coronavirus cases.
ByJulia Macfarlane
October 29, 2020, 5:01 AM

^^^^probably trump's fault
Old 10-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #382
Pete F.
Canceled

Don’t worry Covita won’t be left behind
We will be in the top ten before long and those rallies count
Old 10-29-2020, 10:26 PM   #383
detbuch

Quote:
To follow up on this three year view you seem to have, you can’t judge an administration on one, two or three years; it’s a four year term remember. So tax cuts that may have helped some have been spent to survive. We now have the highest unemployment and worse economy since the Great Depression. Vets expressing their disgust of numerous comments by Trump not sure he is viewed as positively by veterans as you think. Schools for the most part are closed and many if opened are closing again due to covid outbreaks. Report cards are for the entire term Jim, so grades aren’t passing, in fact they are failing grades but keep waving your Trump 2020 flag.
You want to make that fourth year to be considered simply the flow of a four year term. And that what happened economically in that final year was Trump's doing. You ignore what happened to the world economy during that time. All the other countries, including those you credit with handling the pandemic better than Trump, also had their economies tank, most even worse than ours. And now, still part of that fourth year, we are recovering from this worldwide economic disaster much faster and better than expected--a record 33% rise in GDP in the 3rd quarter and the unemployment rate, rather than rising dramatically as predicted, went down to almost half of what it was, and we have a V shaped recovery that signals a rapid recovery. As well, a vaccine is coming way sooner than it normally would, which would certainly help speed up the defeat of the virus.

That is not a failing grade. Nor were the first three years.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:20 AM   #384
Pete F.
Canceled

Covita is the incumbent and has not been over 45 percent in the polls since March. Incumbents are in trouble when they are under 50 percent going into an election. Covita is currently at 43 percent.

This is due to the fact Covita has been losing support from his base—seniors and whites with only a high school education. At the same time, he’s losing the swing voters who elected him last time Independents, suburban women, and whites with a college ed.

Covita is on the wrong side of COVID, which has been the dominant issue in this campaign for half a year. The public wants a practical plan to protect them from the ravages of this pandemic, to restart sustainable economic growth and return to normal.
Covita has not only misread that desire in the electorate, but has rejected that approach at every turn, vacillating instead between wishing COVID away and pretending that it was already gone.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-30-2020, 08:52 AM   #385
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You want to make that fourth year to be considered simply the flow of a four year term. And that what happened economically in that final year was Trump's doing. You ignore what happened to the world economy during that time. All the other countries, including those you credit with handling the pandemic better than Trump, also had their economies tank, most even worse than ours. And now, still part of that fourth year, we are recovering from this worldwide economic disaster much faster and better than expected--a record 33% rise in GDP in the 3rd quarter and the unemployment rate, rather than rising dramatically as predicted, went down to almost half of what it was, and we have a V shaped recovery that signals a rapid recovery. As well, a vaccine is coming way sooner than it normally would, which would certainly help speed up the defeat of the virus.

That is not a failing grade. Nor were the first three years.
Well Trump should be a shoe in then, you guys on the right have nothing to worry about.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:45 AM   #386
detbuch

Quote:
Well Trump should be a shoe in then, you guys on the right have nothing to worry about.
No, just a rebuttal to what you said.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:00 AM   #387
Jim in CT

Quote:
I love how you always fall back on the nursing home argument.

Nursing Homes & Assisted Living Facilities Account for 42% of COVID-19 Deaths

WHO do you blame for deaths not in New York

Ps At issue is a directive that Mr. Cuomo’s administration delivered in late March, effectively ordering nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients from hospitals.

The goal was to free up hospitals’ beds at a time when those facilities were being overwhelmed by fresh waves of virus patients

Yes Jim it was a bad decision but to suggest to suggest malicious intent.

Seems your hate is miss directed Trumps killed 200k by your own logic if i recall you blamed obama for for 12k deaths when you thought covid was BS like Trump .. now you acting all righteous its comical
ok einstein, everyone knew this disease was going to be brutal in the elderly. so not every elderly death, is someone’s fault.

but you don’t need to go to johns hopkins medical
school, to know it’s beyond stupid to force nursing homes to admit covid-positive residents. nursing homes aren’t hospitals, they’re not set up to triage or isolate those who need urgent care, that’s what hospitals do.

i work for a company that sellls
professional liability insurance to
nursing homes. i was on calls every day with lawyers and doctors and NY state legislators, we were all begging the state to reaching that idiotic order.

chino is t responsible for every death. he is absolutely, 100% responsible for a fair number of them. there was hospital sieve for those people, but oh no, he had to send them
to nursing homes.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:35 AM   #388
wdmso

Internal Documents Reveal COVID-19 Hospitalization Data The Government Keeps Hidden

why would that be done?
Old 10-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #389
Jim in CT

Quote:
The "liberals" you bitch about reacted early on in a negative way were NOT in charge .
Governor Cuomo was not the chief executive of the state of NY in January?

What the f^ck are you talking about?
Old 10-30-2020, 12:06 PM   #390
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Governor Cuomo was not the chief executive of the state of NY in January?

What the f^ck are you talking about?
Reacting to comments Pelosi made, pretty sure she isn't in charge of the white house or NY.