Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #1
detbuch

Maybe

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...gv?ocid=msnews
Old 12-17-2020, 02:15 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Joe hasn't even taken his oath and Trumpkin Grady Means (probably paid for this trash) is dumping as much negativitiy on Biden as he can. Typical know-it-all garbage dished out by a paid POS to be himself.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Joe hasn't even taken his oath and Trumpkin Grady Means (probably paid for this trash) is dumping as much negativitiy on Biden as he can. Typical know-it-all garbage dished out by a paid POS to be himself.
easy pete...watch that blood pressure
Old 12-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Mine’s fine
This baloney is coming from Grady Means, who wrote about "The Strange Greatness of Donald Trump," an article chock-full of false equivalencies.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Mine’s fine
This baloney is coming from Grady Means, who wrote about "The Strange Greatness of Donald Trump," an article chock-full of false equivalencies.
You're baloney is a lot like what you portray Grady Means' article. Maybe it takes one to know one.

Anyway, what he predicts may or may not or may partially happen.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Let me know if they start calling for his impeachment before he takes the oath.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-17-2020, 04:34 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
who would be that nutty.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:40 PM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Poor victims

“The highest art in low politics is to be able to induce the masses to invest their own sense of dignity in yours. Then, if you are exposed as a fraud, they will be exposed as credulous: a conclusion they approach with a natural human reluctance.”
Christopher Hitchens

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-17-2020, 05:24 PM   #9
spence

Quote:
Let me know if he starts talking about impeachable offenses before taking the oath
Old 12-17-2020, 05:28 PM   #10
detbuch

Quote:
Poor victims

“The highest art in low politics is to be able to induce the masses to invest their own sense of dignity in yours. Then, if you are exposed as a fraud, they will be exposed as credulous: a conclusion they approach with a natural human reluctance.”
Christopher Hitchens
We should be wary of becoming poor victims by investing our sense of dignity in Pete F's.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:35 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Wait they won’t even admit his President elect , they are way ahead of where the dems were in 2016
Old 12-17-2020, 05:43 PM   #12
wdmso

The faithful have got their marching orders , they are all ready blaming Biden for the increase in jobless claims or China China China ... meanwhile Trumps MIA 3500 dead Russian hacks no art of the deal interest in the Covid bill it’s just fraud 24x7 zero leadership and his supporters could give a rats ass ,, and would help burn the country to the ground ,,, but but Biden the threat to the Nation ? This country has reached heard immunity on stupidity
Old 12-17-2020, 07:20 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
We should be wary of becoming poor victims by investing our sense of dignity in Pete F's.
You’re being played

Trump is probably mere weeks from returning to his obscenely lucrative 2015-6 Trump Tower Moscow negotiations with the Kremlin and Putin's agents—the deal he repeatedly lied to voters about in 2016—and folks think he's going to protect America from Russia?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-17-2020, 10:12 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
You’re being played

Trump is probably mere weeks from returning to his obscenely lucrative 2015-6 Trump Tower Moscow negotiations with the Kremlin and Putin's agents—the deal he repeatedly lied to voters about in 2016—and folks think he's going to protect America from Russia?
Trump did more stuff within the power of the Presidency to make us stronger against Russia and China than most Presidents since Reagan.

And I don't know how he's gonna do what you say here since you claim that he will be indicted for various crimes after he is no longer Pres.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:30 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

So let me get this straight they called their campaign the death star (destroyed by the heros 2x) their legal action the kraken (killed by the hero n Clash of the Titans) & now want to associate Tweety with Julius Caesar (murdered by his friends for being an a'hole) and the man that killed the republic, not sure, but I see a trend
Old 12-18-2020, 08:27 AM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Trump did more stuff within the power of the Presidency to make us stronger against Russia and China than most Presidents since Reagan.

And I don't know how he's gonna do what you say here since you claim that he will be indicted for various crimes after he is no longer Pres.
That’s your typical defense not news to this group, yet for months Russian hackers (state sponsored obviously) have been digging out god knows how much damaging intel out of multiple department data bases, yet we know Trump will do nothing. If Putin would tell him his country didn’t do it, Trump will of course say I believe him.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:08 AM   #17
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
, yet we know Trump will do nothing. If Putin would tell him his country didn’t do it, Trump will of course say I believe him.
Worse than not doing anything, he won't even mention it.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:18 AM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

The best confirmation that Putin is responsible for this hacking attack on the United States is that Trump hasn’t said anything.

He has no interest in actually doing the job to which he now falsely claims continued entitlement, or any ability to do it. And he never has.

Cue, the Trump Defense Squad
Old 12-18-2020, 11:35 AM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
That’s your typical defense not news to this group, yet for months Russian hackers (state sponsored obviously) have been digging out god knows how much damaging intel out of multiple department data bases, yet we know Trump will do nothing. If Putin would tell him his country didn’t do it, Trump will of course say I believe him.
What's the point of having various agencies in place to 24/7 deal with this if we insist that the President must do it. Is he supposed to turn on their switch. Must he say "Hey, intel agencies, get on it"?
Old 12-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

There’s always a tweet

Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded..

As you said what’s the point......
Old 12-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
What's the point of having various agencies in place to 24/7 deal with this if we insist that the President must do it. Is he supposed to turn on their switch. Must he say "Hey, intel agencies, get on it"?
Boy you are really reaching to make another mindless Trump defense point. There isn't a soul on this board, this state or probably this country, who expects Trump to personally do something about it. Crap he can barely read, I doubt he has the skills to deal with a cyber threat, but no acknowledgement how serious this is and how swift and severe the punishment will be once those responsible are identified, is Trump being Trump. He just can't ever harm his bromance with his Soviet love Putin.
Old 12-18-2020, 12:54 PM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Boy you are really reaching to make another mindless Trump defense point. There isn't a soul on this board, this state or probably this country, who expects Trump to personally do something about it. Crap he can barely read, I doubt he has the skills to deal with a cyber threat, but no acknowledgement how serious this is and how swift and severe the punishment will be once those responsible are identified, is Trump being Trump. He just can't ever harm his bromance with his Soviet love Putin.
this is mindless criticism
Old 12-18-2020, 01:12 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is mindless criticism
Internet communication is compromised throughout the government, all networks and Trump says nothing, the strongest statement by the right came from Romney. Six months apparently and Trump has no statement of consequences for fuc*ing with our government and you think that’s mindless, typical.
Old 12-18-2020, 03:29 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
What swift and severe punishment are you recommending. Does that mean that the U.S. should be swiftly and severely punished for its cyber hacking and interference?
Old 12-18-2020, 04:14 PM   #25
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
What swift and severe punishment are you recommending. Does that mean that the U.S. should be swiftly and severely punished for its cyber hacking and interference?
Another really stupid question, let me schedule a meeting of my cabinet members. Let’s be realistic, in the past war was bloody, messy, expensive and cost lives. This is a new type of warfare and Trump is a weak leader, incapable of handling an attack on our country, he can’t even acknowledge it’s happened.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:18 PM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Trump hasn’t got the balls to even give Putin a derogatory nickname ?

Guess you need to be a women or a an American for that honor
Old 12-18-2020, 04:25 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Tweety's weakness invited the cyberattacks.
His failure to act on any of his friend Putin's recent transgressions has ennobled them to push further.
In the United States, Trumplicans consistently view China as a major security threat, but frequently admire Russia to a greater degree than ever before, and have become willing to tolerate it given its ties to President Trump.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 12-18-2020, 04:35 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:

Tweety's weakness invited the cyberattacks.
I heard he actually sent out invitations....
Old 12-18-2020, 04:40 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I heard he actually sent out invitations....
Cavalier attitude about a serious national security issue, this attack opens the door for others, but you find it amusing. Must be PTSD after Trumps loss, seek help.
Old 12-18-2020, 04:56 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Another really stupid question, let me schedule a meeting of my cabinet members. Let’s be realistic, in the past war was bloody, messy, expensive and cost lives. This is a new type of warfare and Trump is a weak leader, incapable of handling an attack on our country, he can’t even acknowledge it’s happened.
This made me chuckle. Trump is accused by you guys of being a tyrant, a Hitler, an autocrat. But you say he is weak.

He strengthened our military, added a new Space Force which will help the fight against cyber war and China's AI war with us. But you say he is incapable of handling an attack on our country.

As for this being a new type of warfare and Trump being a weak leader not capable of handling an attack and not acknowledging that we are at war, there's this from a June 23. 2019 NBC news article:

"The other side thought they could just walk all over us," said one expert. "There was a decision in this administration to impose consequences." "With little public scrutiny, the U.S. military has drastically stepped up its secret hacking of foreign computer networks in a new effort to keep China, Russia, Iran and other adversaries on their heels, current and former U.S. officials tell NBC News.

Empowered with new legal authority from both Congress and President Donald Trump, the military's elite cyber force has conducted more operations in the first two years of the Trump administration than it did in eight years under Obama, officials say — including against Russia, despite Trump's well-documented affinity for Vladimir Putin.

The general in charge of the push, Paul Nakasone, has spoken about the new policy in cryptic terms such as "persistent engagement," and "defending forward," without explaining what that means. Multiple current and former American officials briefed on the matter say military hackers are breaking into foreign networks, striking at enemy hackers and planting cyber bombs that would disable infrastructure in the event of a conflict. The officials declined to confirm or deny a New York Times report that an element of these classified operations included hacking into Russia's power grid, but they said that such a move would be a standard response to similar behavior by Russia and China. U.S. officials have said that those countries have for years planted malware that could turn out the lights in parts of the U.S.

"This is no different than a spy satellite," one senior U.S. official briefed on the matter told NBC News. "What this is is finding vulnerabilities in people's military and civilian infrastructure. That's how you should think of it."

Over the last decade, U.S. responses to foreign cyberattacks "have been tenuous, they have been episodic, we really haven't done anything," said Nakasone, who is both the commander of U.S. Cyber Command and the director of the National Security Agency, during a question and answer session at the Marshall Forum in April. "We are going to ensure that our adversaries know that that are limits within which they can operate…. No longer are we going to be on the sidelines."

I asked you "What swift and severe punishment are you recommending?" You came up with nothing.