Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #391
wdmso

TRUMP sees laura Ingram with a mask on makining fun of her. Calling her wearing one politically correct..

Or Jr telling her like no ones dying of covid

If 1000 americans died a day from Islamic terrorist would Trump and Trump jr suggest , almost no ones dying?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-30-2020, 02:23 PM   #392
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Reacting to comments Pelosi made, pretty sure she isn't in charge of the white house or NY.
You didn't limit your remark to Pelosi. You said the liberals I attacked weren't in charge.

Was Gov Cuomo the chief executive of NY when he ordered nursing homes to admit covid-positive residents?

What did Trump force people to do, which caused more deaths, than what Cuomo forced nursing homes to do?

HAVE FUN ANSERING THAT.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:49 PM   #393
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You didn't limit your remark to Pelosi. You said the liberals I attacked weren't in charge.

Was Gov Cuomo the chief executive of NY when he ordered nursing homes to admit covid-positive residents?

What did Trump force people to do, which caused more deaths, than what Cuomo forced nursing homes to do?

HAVE FUN ANSERING THAT.
Have fun answering why the messaging still to this day, with record numbers of new cases, continues to be outright lies and dangerous. Cuomo was presented with extreme conditions and overloaded hospitals and since I am not educated on all the details and parameters he had to consider, all I can say is I hope he had little choice. You keep looking for a win on this Covid issue, what could poor Trump have done differently, good god Jim how about NEVER lying to the American public. He has done so from the start (5 soon to be zero) and continues today, my arse we have turned the corner; I’m expected to just live with the virus and his ineptitude.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:12 PM   #394
Pete F.
Canceled

Today in one speech, Covita has:
- Called mask use "politically correct"
- Falsely claimed we're turning some corner
- Falsely claimed spike in cases is just more testing
- Dismissed importance of cases in young people
- Accused doctors of inflating death toll to get "more money"

But he's OK and he has your best interests at heart, or is it not his responsibility at all.

Detbuch enters stage left:

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #395
scottw

Quote:

I’m expected to just live with the virus.
yes, until there is a vaccine you don't have much of a choice unless you want to lock yourself in your basement ...maybe do things to improve your immune system and overall health so you have a better chance at a good outcome if you do get it....we always hear about how fat and unhealthy Americans are as a whole.....that has sure shown up in the numbers

you should thank trump for fast tracking the vaccine effort.....
Old 10-30-2020, 03:36 PM   #396
Jim in CT

Quote:
Have fun answering why the messaging still to this day, with record numbers of new cases, continues to be outright lies and dangerous. Cuomo was presented with extreme conditions and overloaded hospitals and since I am not educated on all the details and parameters he had to consider, all I can say is I hope he had little choice. You keep looking for a win on this Covid issue, what could poor Trump have done differently, good god Jim how about NEVER lying to the American public. He has done so from the start (5 soon to be zero) and continues today, my arse we have turned the corner; I’m expected to just live with the virus and his ineptitude.
You want to say he lied, fine, it's fair to hold him accountable. But tell me how his lies caused deaths?

"Cuomo was presented with extreme conditions and overloaded hospitals"

WHAT? The feds sent a massive hospital ship to NYC which wasn't needed. The feds converted the Javitts center to a hospital, and it wasn't needed.

What the actual f*ck are you talking about?

"I am not educated on all the details and parameters he had to consider"

No kidding! Yet with incomplete knowledge, you conclude that Cuomo did nothing wrong, and that Trump has 200,000 deaths on his hands.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #397
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Today in one speech, Covita has:
- - Falsely claimed we're turning some corner
-:
death rates are dropping. Is that not significant? Or are death statistics only meaningful to you, when you can use them against Trump?
Old 10-30-2020, 03:49 PM   #398
Pete F.
Canceled

Actually a vaccine is one part of the recommendations in the Pandemic Playbook that Covita threw in the trash.
If you read it you can easily see what was not done.
Now think what an aggressive approach to virus containment like South Korea did would have done for us, I'll let you do the math.

USA
Population 328 Million
Infected 9 Million
Dead 230 Thousand

South Korea
Population 52 Million
Infected 26 thousand
Dead 463 NO thousands

Both US and SK had first cases same day.

SK next day initiated public private partnership to fight the coming pandemic.

Covita didn't want to panic anyone..........

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...c-Playbook.pdf

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-30-2020, 03:50 PM   #399
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
You want to say he lied, fine, it's fair to hold him accountable. But tell me how his lies caused deaths?

"Cuomo was presented with extreme conditions and overloaded hospitals"

WHAT? The feds sent a massive hospital ship to NYC which wasn't needed. The feds converted the Javitts center to a hospital, and it wasn't needed.

What the actual f*ck are you talking about?

"I am not educated on all the details and parameters he had to consider"

No kidding! Yet with incomplete knowledge, you conclude that Cuomo did nothing wrong, and that Trump has 200,000 deaths on his hands.
Here Jim see if you can understand this, I don’t care to research want happened in NY, I live in Mass and while I sympathize for their lives lost, I don’t care. What the f*ck does what Cuomo did have anything to do with Trumps incompetence, oh let me answer for you absolutely nothing.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:52 PM   #400
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here Jim see if you can understand this, I don’t care to research want happened in NY,.
So with admittedly no clue what happened, you nonetheless conclude that Trump caused it all.

Brilliant.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:01 PM   #401
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
So with admittedly no clue what happened, you nonetheless conclude that Trump caused it all.

Brilliant.
Are you dense, or just so obsessed with finding a Covid Trump win you read but don’t comprehend? NY has nothing to do with My opinion of Trumps handling of Covid and the messaging putting people at risk even today with all we know.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 10-30-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Old 10-31-2020, 07:19 AM   #402
Pete F.
Canceled

U.S. reports 100,000 coronavirus cases in 24 hours, setting world record
Sixteen states reported single-day records for new cases on Friday: Iowa, Kentucky, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Montana, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Oregon, Kansas, Ohio, Colorado and Maine. And three states hit record deaths: Tennessee, Montana and New Mexico.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:32 AM   #403
scottw

Quote:
Sixteen states reported single-day records for new cases on Friday: Iowa, Kentucky, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Montana, Illinois, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Oregon, Kansas, Ohio, Colorado and Maine. And three states hit record deaths: Tennessee, Montana and New Mexico.
it's easy to set records in the first season of the league...(actually, we haven't even had a full season of play yet)

London (CNN) Concern is mounting in Europe as countries smash records for daily coronavirus cases and the World Health Organization warns that the daily death toll on the continent could reach five times its April peak within months.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:47 AM   #404
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's easy to set records in the first season of the league...(actually, we haven't even had a full season of play yet)

London (CNN) Concern is mounting in Europe as countries smash records for daily coronavirus cases and the World Health Organization warns that the daily death toll on the continent could reach five times its April peak within months.
Yet countries with a strong national message and a population 100% on board with the plan to keep the virus in check are doing well, Australia a perfect example.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:50 AM   #405
Pete F.
Canceled

Europe is doing better. A lot better. Two European countries are ahead of the US in deaths/m. By the time you count 5-6 countries further, the death rate is half of US. And there are a lot more countries to count.

Your premise is flawed.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:12 PM   #406
scottw

Quote:
Europe is doing better. A lot better. Two European countries are ahead of the US in deaths/m. By the time you count 5-6 countries further, the death rate is half of US. And there are a lot more countries to count.

Your premise is flawed.
I didn't mention the death rate....
Old 10-31-2020, 12:32 PM   #407
scottw

Quote:
Yet countries with a strong national message and a population 100% on board with the plan to keep the virus in check are doing well, Australia a perfect example.
it's not 100% in Australia and they are arresting "peaceful protestors"...is that what you'd like to see?....
Old 10-31-2020, 01:48 PM   #408
wdmso

Trump fans possibly due to their denial of science or they just don't give a flying FK

Seem to not understand a low positivity rate equals things being open and
a resemblance or normalcy. Like school or inside dinning

they feel its easier to blame lockdowns On Government rather then taking any responsibility for their own or others behavior. But suggest hospitals and nurses are trying to make money Or a 25% POSITIVITY rate is a lie claiming more testing
Is the reason numbers are up, as if we stopped testing and just started again
Old 10-31-2020, 01:55 PM   #409
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I didn't mention the death rate....
Ya you did
“ the World Health Organization warns that the daily death toll”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-31-2020, 02:27 PM   #410
Jim in CT

Quote:
what’s happening to death rates?
Old 10-31-2020, 02:35 PM   #411
scottw

Quote:
pete doesn't even recognize the difference between daily death toll and death rates so this might be a stumper for him...he'll just find the highest number on the page and blame trump
Old 10-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #412
Jim in CT

Quote:
.he'll just find the highest number on the page and blame trump
bingo.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:47 PM   #413
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Jared said they are practically nothing, the parents, sons, daughters or grandparents of the 1000+ daily dead will be comforted to know the dead mean practically nothing. No empathy ever from this entire family, cold hearted sob’s.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:49 PM   #414
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jared said they are practically nothing, the parents, sons, daughters or grandparents of the 1000+ daily dead will be comforted to know the dead mean practically nothing. No empathy ever from this entire family, cold hearted sob’s.
i asked what happened to death rates. i asked, because they are dropping. you can’t concede that, until biden is sworn in, then watch how you all do a 180. shocker.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:52 PM   #415
Jim in CT

Quote:
No empathy ever from this entire family, cold hearted sob’s.
why do they support school
choice and criminal justice reform? his is not a family that uses public schools, so it necessarily means they have empathy to advocate school
choice.

why did trump increase funding for black colleges? remember it was biden, it trump, who claimed to go to a black college.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:56 PM   #416
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Big deal, their character is flawed every one, Jim I know you will defend them to the end, I can’t wait to see that family go back to reality TV where they belong.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:19 PM   #417
wdmso

Quote:
why do they support school
choice and criminal justice reform? his is not a family that uses public schools, so it necessarily means they have empathy to advocate school
choice.

why did trump increase funding for black colleges? remember it was biden, it trump, who claimed to go to a black college.
School choice is a scam it has nothing to do with helping inner-city kids

Its smoke show to get federal and state funds to pay for religous schools and private schools
Old 10-31-2020, 04:37 PM   #418
Jim in CT

Quote:
Big deal, their character is flawed every one, Jim I know you will defend them to the end, I can’t wait to see that family go back to reality TV where they belong.
we can’t all have perfect character like biden who is a plagiarist a liar with a rape charge against him and credible charges of corruption, and harris who sucked her way to the top in san francisco. yes sir, the party that worships bill clinton, who could spit in a petri dish and start a whole new civilization, has a lot to lecture me about character.

spare me the empty, fake concern for character.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:38 PM   #419
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Its smoke show to get federal and state funds to pay for religous schools and private schools
oh! that’s why poor people want it??!!
Old 10-31-2020, 04:39 PM   #420
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

you don’t even know what school choice is. it’s not about diverting public money elsewhere, it’s about letting me use my money as i see fit to help my kids.

what a concept!!