Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump setting the stage

In the interview today, he stated he sees no problem taking information on an opponent from a foreign power. Of course he gave an example saying if Norway reached out he’d listen to what they had, I’m pretty sure that message wasn’t intended for Norway.

When asked why that shouldn’t be relayed to the FBI, when the director of the FBI has stated that is what should happen, Trump stated the FBI director is wrong. Above the law, it’s his MO.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 06-12-2019 at 05:56 PM..
Old 06-12-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

if Norway reached out he’d listen to what they had

he's a good listener....
Old 06-12-2019, 08:51 PM   #3
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he's a good listener....
He’s unfit to serve.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
he's a good listener....
He just doesn’t understand it’s illegal, but that hasn’t stopped him before. That interview is a perfect example of why his lawyers didn’t want him testifying, they knew he would be just like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:11 AM   #5
scottw

Quote:

He just doesn’t understand it’s illegal,

is it?
Old 06-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The FBI director, appointed by Trump by the way, stated just that when he testified before congress. He said it’s their duty to report any ovatures by any foreign power or their agent to the FBI and if help is accepted it’s a felony. Trump confirmed what most accept as fact, they ignored their constitutional duty to report the efforts by Russian agents and probably came close to accepting it, unfortunately Mueller felt he couldn’t accuse a sitting president. Trump and his family are lucky Mueller had those convictions.

So Trump in this interview has told the American people he is ok with doing it again, there my friends is a real patriot, willing to work with our enemies if it helps his election chances.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #7
scottw

Quote:
The FBI director, appointed by Trump by the way, stated just that when he testified before congress. He said it’s their duty to report any ovatures by any foreign power or their agent to the FBI and if help is accepted it’s a felony. Trump confirmed what most accept as fact, they ignored their constitutional duty to report the efforts by Russian agents and probably came close to accepting it, unfortunately Mueller felt he couldn’t accuse a sitting president. Trump and his family are lucky Mueller had those convictions.

So Trump in this interview has told the American people he is ok with doing it again, there my friends is a real patriot, willing to work with our enemies if it helps his election chances.
that's in the Constitution and Norway is our enemy?

what is an ovature?

didn't hillary pay a foreign agent to concoct dirt on her opponent?
Old 06-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #8
Sea Dangles

Oh boy
Old 06-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
that's in the Constitution and Norway is our enemy?

what is an ovature?
You crack me up, do you really think Trump didn’t purposely use Norway instead of say Russia or China to suggest there isn’t anything wrong because it’s our alley? Regardless it’s STILL illegal to accept help from a foreign power.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
You crack me up, do you really think Trump didn’t purposely use Norway instead of say Russia or China to suggest there isn’t anything wrong because it’s our alley? Regardless it’s STILL illegal to accept help from a foreign power.
like when clinton was getting all of that money from china?

maybe china was a clinton "alley"
Old 06-13-2019, 08:40 AM   #11
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Is Clinton in the White House? I’m confused are we living in the past or the present?
Old 06-13-2019, 08:42 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Is Clinton in the White House? I’m confused are we living in the past or the present?
nope...trump for the next 5 and a half years
Old 06-13-2019, 08:53 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Is Clinton in the White House?
..and I count my blessings every day

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-13-2019, 09:06 AM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
The FBI director, appointed by Trump by the way, stated just that when he testified before congress. He said it’s their duty to report any ovatures by any foreign power or their agent to the FBI

It's not illegal. Not sure if it is even a "duty." Not sure what that means. But it could be a good idea to do so depending on the circumstances. I've been hearing various accounts of Democrat politicians not reporting such contacts to the FBI. And what about the Steele Dossier in which the information was culled from Russian sources and compiled by a British agent and paid for by the Clinton campaign.

and if help is accepted it’s a felony.

Help wasn't accepted.

Trump confirmed what most accept as fact, they ignored their constitutional duty

It's not a constitutional duty.

unfortunately Mueller felt he couldn’t accuse a sitting president. Trump and his family are lucky Mueller had those convictions.

Mueller could sure as hell have accused Trump. And if he didn't know that, he would have been totally incompetent to head the investigation. Anyway, he concluded, in spite of all allegations, there was not sufficient evidence to conclude that Trump was guilty. That was a matter of law, not of luck.

That's a way to spin it.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:35 AM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That's a way to spin it.
Agreed it's not a constitutional duty, but not surprising you don't come out against Trump stating on national TV he is ok with taking help from a foreign power. I also said Mueller put enough information in volume I to show they certainly came close to accepting help from Russia, but again you are ok with it because what; it's done by others so that makes it right.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:46 AM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
Agreed it's not a constitutional duty, but not surprising you don't come out against Trump stating on national TV he is ok with taking help from a foreign power.

I don't think he referred to taking help from a foreign power. I think he said he would listen to someone in Norway.

I also said Mueller put enough information in volume I to show they certainly came close to accepting help from Russia, but again you are ok with it because what; it's done by others so that makes it right.
I don't know how you could determine that someone came close to doing something other than that someone saying so. And how close does it have to be in order to be guilty of something.

There is a precedent of not making an issue of something done in the past. If that precedent isn't followed, one has to question why it is different now.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
didn't hillary pay a foreign agent to concoct dirt on her opponent?
Nope.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #18
scottw

Quote:
Trump confirmed what most accept as fact, they ignored their constitutional duty to report the efforts by Russian agents

Quote:

agreed it's not a constitutional duty.
wait..make up your mind.....you just chided him insisting it was his/their "constitutional duty" that most accept as "fact"
Old 06-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:

enough information in volume I to show they certainly came close to accepting help from Russia, .
so you are saying they didn't
Old 06-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #20
spence

Quote:
I also said Mueller put enough information in volume I to show they certainly came close to accepting help from Russia, but again you are ok with it because what; it's done by others so that makes it right.
They certainly did accepted and encouraged help from Russia. Not to mention the fact that their constant lying about Russian contacts had/still has the potential to seriously compromise themselves to Russian influence. The basic fact that Trump to this day appears to be closer to Russia on the election interference issues than our own FBI/CIA/NSA is beyond disturbing.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
They certainly did accepted and encouraged help from Russia. Not to mention the fact that their constant lying about Russian contacts had/still has the potential to seriously compromise themselves to Russian influence. The basic fact that Trump to this day appears to be closer to Russia on the election interference issues than our own FBI/CIA/NSA is beyond disturbing.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:31 AM   #22
spence

Quote:
Pretty funny comrade?
Old 06-13-2019, 10:50 AM   #23
Pete F.
Canceled

Do you get better treatment in trade wars if you provide info on Trumps opponents?

Or maybe reduced sanctions?

I'd bet Xi Jinping and Putin are wondering just how much info they need to make deals with Tariff Man.

Really Big Deals, like nothing anyone has done before.

Remember everything's transactional in Trump World.

“MY STYLE of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward. I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I’m after.” Donald Trump

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #24
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Pretty funny comrade?
your desperation is hilarious
Old 06-13-2019, 11:03 AM   #25
spence

Quote:
your desperation is hilarious
Your fondness for borscht is alarming.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Do you get better treatment in trade wars if you provide info on Trumps opponents?

Or maybe reduced sanctions?

I'd bet Xi Jinping and Putin are wondering just how much info they need to make deals with Tariff Man.

Really Big Deals, like nothing anyone has done before.

Remember everything's transactional in Trump World.

“MY STYLE of deal-making is quite simple and straightforward. I aim very high, and then I just keep pushing and pushing and pushing to get what I’m after.” Donald Trump
Exactly right, he basically let the world know Trump will accept help for personal gains, American values be damned, get me elected again and we can talk.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:01 PM   #27
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't know how you could determine that someone came close to doing something other than that someone saying so. And how close does it have to be in order to be guilty of something.

There is a precedent of not making an issue of something done in the past. If that precedent isn't followed, one has to question why it is different now.
I know you aren’t a dumb bunny, so suggesting Trump didn’t imply he would take help from a foreign government is spin plan and simple.

And just because Muellers belief he couldn’t charge Trump doesn’t mean he isn’t going to pay a price for his actions.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
I know you aren’t a dumb bunny, so suggesting Trump didn’t imply he would take help from a foreign government is spin plan and simple.

And just because Muellers belief he couldn’t charge Trump doesn’t mean he isn’t going to pay a price for his actions.
That's the biggest problem I have with Anti-Trump investigations and accusations. They rest heavily on implications, spin, maybe, could possibly, innuendo--an overall cloud of suspicion created by all of that, which I can't help but believe is intentionally created to make him appear to be the horror that PeteF sees.

When it comes to sufficient hard evidence to convince, the cloud thins out to virtually nothing, but the suspicions linger, and somehow are doubled down on to even louder repetition creating a fictitious certainty that the Don is an evil man.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #29
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
wait..make up your mind.....you just chided him insisting it was his/their "constitutional duty" that most accept as "fact"
Yeah that was a slip, especially in light of the guy we are talking about, he clearly doesn’t care about either the constitution or the rule of law. So I take it by your response or lack of distain for Trumps comments, that you are ok with Trump accepting help from a foreign power. Might not be his constitutional duty but it clearly is his duty as president for sure to not accept help from a foreign power, not to mention if taken it’s illegal.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin