Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #31
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
phew....
😁😁😁

😉
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-30-2017, 01:04 PM   #32
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
😁😁😁

😉
that was pretty funny
Old 04-30-2017, 02:52 PM   #33
Liv2Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Then Obama spent almost a trillion on a stimulus package he said would keep unemployment under 8%, it soared over 10%.
That's because the deems social programs made it easier to not work than to get up and earn a living.

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Old 04-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #34
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Don't try to put words in my mouth. I don't equate Bannon with a Nazi, but I do think he is fairly despicable as a human being, with some pretty far right views.

I think Scott is not a despicable human, with views probably to the center compared to Bannon.
Not my words. I see the far left offends you as much as they do me . You seem to have a pretty low threshold for what makes a despicable human . I think he's had a fairly distinguished life including several years as a naval officer . Perhaps you just don't like the team he plays for . It seems to matter to liberals .

Last edited by buckman; 04-30-2017 at 03:19 PM..
Old 05-01-2017, 05:27 AM   #35
wdmso

Had a 100 days and Trump's tax plan is only one page.

Some one compared it to a kid who did their home work on the bus on the way to school..(had to get it in on day 99.5 )

But yet again he puts this out . and the faithful run to defend it .. tell us what it means whats it going to do how its going to do it . (even if its only 1 page)

love repeal the death tax to give Ivanka a huge tax break

Who pays the estate tax? no one on this board or the majority of American but the some how think it does and support theses repeals blindly

the real answer is

The Tax Policy Center estimates that some 11,020 individuals dying in 2017 will leave estates large enough to require filing an estate tax return (estates with a gross value under $5.49 million need not file this return in 2017). After allowing for deductions and credits, 5,190 estates will owe tax. Nearly 70 percent of these taxable estates will come from the top 10 percent of income earners and over 25 percent will come from the top 1 percent alone.

So Trump taking care of 11,020 of his friends

I have said this and seems no one has the answer at the current tax rates we dont get anything now .. do you really think GDP is going to be 9% a year ?? GDP has grown since the 80's That is, the US has a distribution problem. Wages have lost relative to profits (and profits largely accrue to the rich and wealthy), and the wages of lower paid workers have fallen even while the wages of higher paid workers have risen. pesky facts

Trump is not here to help the Avg Americans he is using them as a means to an end ..

Trump told Reuters in an interview that being president is harder than he thought it would be and he actually misses his old life. (supporters That’s incredibly honest) WTF really so glad Obama never said that could you imagine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13720920_G.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	64193   Click image for larger version

Name:	piketty-saez-1945-to-2012-feb-2015.png
Views:	386
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	64194  

Last edited by wdmso; 05-01-2017 at 05:34 AM..
Old 05-01-2017, 07:24 AM   #36
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

WTF really so glad Obama never said that could you imagine
he was worse...

“This is something that I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency. The problem is that, you know, I’m the president of the United States. I’m not the emperor of the United States.” He “told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China,” the New York Times reported in March 2011. “As one official put it, ‘No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.’”
Old 05-01-2017, 08:32 AM   #37
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he was worse...

“This is something that I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency. The problem is that, you know, I’m the president of the United States. I’m not the emperor of the United States.” He “told people that it would be so much easier to be the president of China,” the New York Times reported in March 2011. “As one official put it, ‘No one is scrutinizing Hu Jintao’s words in Tahrir Square.’”
WOW from nationalreview no bias here

what a surprise more False equivalence. one telling people he cant just do what he want to do.. and Trump not recognizing how hard is to be The POTUS

Where Trump’s comments seem tinged with wistfulness — O, to enjoy unburdened the breeze at Mar-a-Lago! — Obama’s were more often tinged with frustration.

again telling people what he ment and not what he said ... as if we all can't comprehend a sentence
Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #38
scottw

Quote:

... as if we all can't comprehend a sentence
this is a possibility
Old 05-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:

WOW from nationalreview no bias here

well, National Review via New York Times ....so the biases cancel out...

Wayne...I'm not sure if you've ever actually read National Review...but Trump gets lambasted there on a daily basis...you might enjoy the reading...

today...

by KEVIN D. WILLIAMSON April 30, 2017 4:00 AM

President Trump’s first 100 days have been mostly a flurry of shallow symbolic gestures. There is a reality-television program called American Pickers, and what happens on it is this: A junkman drives around in a van and offers to buy other people’s junk, sometimes haggling over the price. The supporting characters are assistant junkmen and sundry onlookers. It is as though someone decided to remake Sanford and Son without actors, Redd Foxx’s humor, or a plot. (Or that nifty theme music.) Its popularity is as inexplicable as it is undeniable. Because nothing actually happens on American Pickers, the show relies on the illusion of action, which is created through camerawork and editing. Junkman offers $x for a quantity of junk; Junk-Haver produces a look of concentration. The camera cuts quickly back and forth among the faces of Junkman, Deputy Junkman, Assistant Deputy Junkman, Junk-Haver, and Sundry Junk-Having Onlookers. And then there is a commercial for erection pills. The application to the first 100 days of the Trump administration is of course obvious.

Last edited by scottw; 05-01-2017 at 09:55 AM..
Old 05-02-2017, 06:53 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:

Had a 100 days and Trump's tax plan is only one page.
thousands of pages of new regulations and taxation would have been much better