Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-25-2018, 01:11 PM   #31
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Q: How do we know that the democrats sent themselves bombs?

A: None of them worked.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-25-2018, 01:22 PM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

Hey, you might be correct

The left has a long ways to go to catch up with the right or Islamists.

The chance of being murdered in a Nationalist or Right Wing terrorist attack was 1 in 33 million per year.
The annual chance of being murdered by a Left Wing terrorist was about 1 in 330 million per year.
The chance of being murdered in a terrorist attack committed by an Islamist during this period was about 1 in 2.5 million per year

Source
https://www.cato.org/blog/terrorism-...sville-anomaly

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Hey, you might be correct

The left has a long ways to go to catch up with the right or Islamists.

The chance of being murdered in a Nationalist or Right Wing terrorist attack was 1 in 33 million per year.
The annual chance of being murdered by a Left Wing terrorist was about 1 in 330 million per year.
The chance of being murdered in a terrorist attack committed by an Islamist during this period was about 1 in 2.5 million per year

Source
https://www.cato.org/blog/terrorism-...sville-anomaly
Who is bankrupting the state of Connecticut?

A) Republicans
B) Democrats
C) Islamists

Who throws more politically motivated riots? Who throws more bricks through windows when they don't get what they want? Who forces more college speakers to hide behind security?
Who never, ever stops claiming that everyone else is racist?

I'm not talking about the terrorists on either side, I am talking about the mainstream people on either side.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #34
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Trump has signed more executive orders than any president in 50 years, funny that it upset him when previous presidents did it.
No he hasn't

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ecutive_orders

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-25-2018, 02:08 PM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Who is bankrupting the state of Connecticut?

A) Republicans
B) Democrats
C) Islamists

Who throws more politically motivated riots? Show me a Democratic riot, Trump acknowledges republican mobs are rioting in california in protest of sanctuary cities
Who throws more bricks through windows when they don't get what they want? Better bricks than bombs, but the left has no monopoly on brick throwing
Who forces more college speakers to hide behind security?
"Knock the crap out of them, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees."
Who never, ever stops claiming that everyone else is racist?
The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much, but that only demonstrates the limits of content-neutral analysis. The right’s revulsion against a black president targeted by birther conspiracy theories is not the same as the left’s revulsion against a racist president who spread birther conspiracy theories.

I'm not talking about the terrorists on either side, I am talking about the mainstream people on either side.

The other problem with your argument for civility, when it’s taken as far as prohibiting moral condemnation of politicians, is that it empowers defenders of the status quo while neutering critics.
There are two basic forms of political argument. Either you defend a specific policy as the rational, logical option in the circumstances that exist, or you question the rules of the game. People on the political right are prone to presenting things such as spending cuts as morally neutral decisions, determined by economic reality. Leftwing criticism commonly argues that logic presented as natural is really no such thing, but rather that it’s a question of priorities. Political priorities are, unavoidably, a moral issue.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 02:11 PM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You are correct as far as totals go but, he's not finished his term quite yet.
Soon

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #37
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Soon
Did Spence write this speech for you?

When you said Trump had the most ,were you not talking about totals?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 10-25-2018, 02:40 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
The other problem with your argument for civility, when it’s taken as far as prohibiting moral condemnation of politicians, is that it empowers defenders of the status quo while neutering critics.
There are two basic forms of political argument. Either you defend a specific policy as the rational, logical option in the circumstances that exist, or you question the rules of the game. People on the political right are prone to presenting things such as spending cuts as morally neutral decisions, determined by economic reality. Leftwing criticism commonly argues that logic presented as natural is really no such thing, but rather that it’s a question of priorities. Political priorities are, unavoidably, a moral issue.
when you ask me to specify a single left wing riot, meaning you can’t think of any, you lose the ability to be taken seriously. look at what happens every time a conservative tried to speak on a college campus, everything antifa does, look at the people
banging on the senate doors during the kavanaugh hearings, black lives matter, what happened in ferguson when the white cop was acquitted, how many do you need exactly?
Old 10-25-2018, 02:48 PM   #39
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Soon

Old 10-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #40
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Nice...

As far as Pete's claim.
At one point I had read that he was on pace to be the highest. As of the first year or so, he had more than Obama at the same point.

His point remains valid though; he has been largely ineffective at working with congress as the great negotiator to get much through with the GOP controlling (I know not with the 60 vote majority) both houses. He beat on Obama for this on the trail and through twitter as being ineffective because Obama needed to use EO's.

If the GOP looses the house he will be reduced entirely to twitter rants and Executive orders however.

Back to

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #41
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Nice...

As far as Pete's claim.
At one point I had read that he was on pace to be the highest. As of the first year or so, he had more than Obama at the same point.
Again, Nope

he is on pace for about 200 (50 per year) in his term, he is currently at 85. Jimmy Carter was a 1 term president and he had 320 (80 per year)

Old 10-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #42
fishbones

Quote:
Again, Nope

he is on pace for about 200 (50 per year) in his term, he is currently at 85. Jimmy Carter was a 1 term president and he had 320 (80 per year)
How dare you present facts in the political forum! The liberals will now have to change their argument.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 10-25-2018, 03:42 PM   #43
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Again, Nope

Fair enough. You are correct.

The article I had seen was before that in 2017. I didn't go back to look because I don't really care.

:-P

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 10-25-2018 at 04:26 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-25-2018, 03:45 PM   #44
wdmso

"the party has become the party of George Soros,"

Jim again showing he fondness for kool aid and tinfoil hats

Just look at the pavlovian response when Soros , Hillary , benghazi, migrant caravan , fake media, cnn ,due process for kavanaugh but chant lock her up

but no such response is generated if you mention us debt , executive orders as mentioned by pete threatening the world with more nukes ask where is the health care , arm sale to saudi's after killing a journalist

Trump says one thing on the white house lawn.. then same day he goes to a campaign rally completely and contradicts himself

as if he thinks no one else is watching ??
Old 10-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
"the party has become the party of George Soros,"

Jim again showing he fondness for kool aid and tinfoil hats

Just look at the pavlovian response when Soros , Hillary , benghazi, migrant caravan , fake media, cnn ,due process for kavanaugh but chant lock her up

but no such response is generated if you mention us debt , executive orders as mentioned by pete threatening the world with more nukes ask where is the health care , arm sale to saudi's after killing a journalist

Trump says one thing on the white house lawn.. then same day he goes to a campaign rally completely and contradicts himself

as if he thinks no one else is watching ??
i’ll ask again, who are the moderate
democrats at the national level? Nancy Pelosi? Spartacus Booker? Lie-awatha? compare them to Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and John McCain and Lindsay Graham? Please.

Trump is an idiot. There is a lot more to the GOP than him. In fact, if it wasn’t for kooky and uncivilized liberals, he never would
have won the nomination, not ever. He was nominated specifically, to out-sleaze the liberals. Stunning that you don’t see that. Ifnthe legt could have been fair ( not fawning all over, just fair) to McCain it Romney, there would be no president Trump. Kind of funny when you think of it that way, eh?

as to the debt, john and i have both saidnits a huge issue, so zero hypocrisy. did you complain if debt during the obama years? i bet not.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:53 PM   #46
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

I am surprised to see Lie-awatha was not on the mailing list...…. seems odd to have left her out when you look at the list, if you believe those who are connecting the dots for us. Either way, mailing pipe bombs, to anyone, is the work of a deranged individual or individuals.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #47
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
snarky
Once in a while 😁
Old 10-25-2018, 06:18 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post

And yet Dems. Have more educ. And make $ on average (even when you take into account more poor people vote D than R).
Old 10-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I am surprised to see Lie-awatha was not on the mailing list...…. seems odd to have left her out when you look at the list, if you believe those who are connecting the dots for us. Either way, mailing pipe bombs, to anyone, is the work of a deranged individual or individuals.
it’s all trumps fault. because when maxine waters tells a crowd
to make republicans feel “ that they are not welcome anywhere”, see, that’s brilliant and noble. but when trump does it, he’s subhuman.

no shame. zip.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it’s all trumps fault. because when maxine waters tells a crowd
to make republicans feel “ that they are not welcome anywhere”, see, that’s brilliant and noble. but when trump does it, he’s subhuman.

no shame. zip.
The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much, but that only demonstrates the limits of content-neutral analysis. The right’s revulsion against a black president targeted by birther conspiracy theories is not the same as the left’s revulsion against a racist president who spread birther conspiracy theories.
No one comes close to how Trump has split this country
To claim that college students, those uppity black people, a representative or anyone else has the power that Trump wields in the media is absurd
You poor victim
We will be reaping what he has sown for a generation
These asassination attempts have no precedent, meanwhile Trump’s rallies continue chanting threats, to his grinning approval
You’re complicit in this
Sad

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 07:53 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Did Spence write this speech for you?

When you said Trump had the most ,were you not talking about totals?
I was using alternative facts
I thought we could do that now

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-25-2018, 09:59 PM   #52
Jim in CT

Quote:
To claim that college students, those uppity black people, a representative or anyone else has the power that Trump wields in the media is absurd
You poor victim
These asassination attempts have no precedent, meanwhile Trump’s rallies continue chanting threats, to his grinning approval
You’re complicit in this
Sad
"The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much" They might point that out, and it would be laughably wrong. We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke.

"The right’s revulsion against a black president "

Ahh. Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, and whose spiritual mentor hated this country. It was because he was black. Im a guy who literally prays that Condaleeza Rice runs, but I'm an anti-black racist because I thought Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. Nope, it was all because of his skin color.

Right there, in that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. You proved my point better than I ever could.

"those uppity black people:

You're a one trick pony, huh?
Old 10-25-2018, 10:07 PM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much, but that only demonstrates the limits of content-neutral analysis.

This is stupid gibberish. It's as if you are drunk when you write this junk.

The right’s revulsion against a black president targeted by birther conspiracy theories is not the same as the left’s revulsion against a racist president who spread birther conspiracy theories

You keep repeating this race baiting crap. Again as if wallowing in the sloppy, self righteous certainty of a drunken stupor.

This is the height of uncorroborated hearsay. This doesn't come close to being true. It is the kind of purely vicious hate that helps to split this country.

This is an absurdly ignorant rant that sounds like the incoherent rambling of someone in the grip of potent weed. You're so far out of the realm of sober, intelligent thought that you not only have visions of race in every nook and cranny, you actually see Trump wielding power in the media. The mainstream leftist media is unbridled in its attacks on Trump. In what smoky field of contact high are you discerning this power that Trump wields in the media? Do you mean twitter? The media is stupid enough to print what he twitter's. That's his power? The media's stupidity is the power he wields?

You poor victim

This reeks of the lamentations of a defeated, staggering, homeless man flailing at invisible bogymen with one hand while the other is tilting the brown bagged bottle of Boone's Farm into his begging mouth.

You’re complicit in this
Sad
You see monsters in your Goya-like twisted sleep of reason gone wrong. It would be better for you if you could woke.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:37 PM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You see monsters in your Goya-like twisted sleep of reason gone wrong. It would be better for you if you could woke.
And you think I’m intoxicated?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-26-2018, 12:08 AM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"The civility police might point out that many conservatives hated Obama just as much" They might point that out, and it would be laughably wrong. We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke.

Ahh. Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, and whose spiritual mentor hated this country. It was because he was black. Im a guy who literally prays that Condaleeza Rice runs, but I'm an anti-black racist because I thought Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. Nope, it was all because of his skin color.

Right there, in that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. You proved my point better than I ever could.

If you think that white nationalists are not estatic now because Trump has acknowledged them into his Know Nothing party, you’re sitting in the low chair again

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-26-2018, 03:34 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:
And you think I’m intoxicated?
I think you are insane
Old 10-26-2018, 03:58 AM   #57
wdmso

Quote:

We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke. Where were you for those 8 years when he was in office? I know you were and still there in denial

Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, [COLOR="Red"] cool aid but the current inexperienced politician is a genius /COLOR]

Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. tin ƒoil hate with a shot of kool aid who thinks Trump is a good christian

that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. describes your response completely
Old 10-26-2018, 04:33 AM   #58
scottw

I'm confused...is it "cool aid" or "kool aid"
Old 10-26-2018, 06:25 AM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We disliked Obama's policies, and we disliked the way he whined about Foxnews (sort of how Trump whines about CNN), the way he hated conservatives. But we didn't endlessly obsess about everything Obama did, or every syllable he spoke. Where were you for those 8 years when he was in office? I know you were and still there in denial

Not that he was a radical, inexperienced politician whose wife hated this country, [COLOR="Red"] cool aid but the current inexperienced politician is a genius /COLOR]

Obama was an arrogant, clueless horses azz, who never met an abortion he didn't think was swell, and who trampled on the rights of Christians again and again. tin ƒoil hate with a shot of kool aid who thinks Trump is a good christian

that stupid, demonstrably false accusation, we see your desperation and small mindedness. describes your response completely
Trump is a genius at one thing only, at driving his opponents to madness. all you people do, is fret and obsess over everything he says and does. Trump just drank a glass of water! You know who else drank water? Hitler, that’s who!!

you and pete claim mybside is thoughtless, yet i bash trump and give obama credit all the time. you are the ones who can’t admit trump has done anything good, or admit that obama or hilary did anything bad. So who is being thoughtless, exactly?

he called me a racist twice in one post. do you wonder why you have almost no chance of picking up two senate seats?
Old 10-26-2018, 07:09 AM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Trump is a genius at one thing only, at driving his opponents to madness.

And that is one of the reasons, besides his policies, that he is the most divisive President ever

all you people do, is fret and obsess over everything he says and does. Trump just drank a glass of water! You know who else drank water? Hitler, that’s who!!

you and pete claim mybside is thoughtless, yet i bash trump and give obama credit all the time. you are the ones who can’t admit trump has done anything good, or admit that obama or hilary did anything bad. So who is being thoughtless, exactly?

he called me a racist twice in one post. do you wonder why you have almost no chance of picking up two senate seats?
Did I say you are a racist
I certainly think some Trumplicans are, and you typically espouse the party line.
You’re the most tribal writer on here
Anything said about Trump or his party brings an attack, perhaps it is because your identity is so closely tied to your political beliefs.

Lets Go Darwin