Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2019, 07:11 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Welcome to 2019, when a congresswoman says “we’re going to impeach the mother——er.”

but remember, when Trump uses this language, it’s nit befitting his office.

What has he done to attack the constitution, exactly? he’s had some policy decisions overturned by courts, but that happens all the time, that’s why we have courts. it happened to obama, it probably happens to all presidents.

what a victory for feminism she must be. let’s show how evil trump is, by acting exactly like he does. Brilliant.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39936...ign=benshapiro
Old 01-04-2019, 07:58 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Glad she’s got her priorities in order
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-04-2019, 08:01 AM   #3
Nebe

LOL.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:16 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Young a stupid, she will get blowback from her constituents today for sure. What’s his excuse for his constant stupid inappropriate behavior?
Old 01-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Young a stupid, she will get blowback from her constituents today for sure. What’s his excuse for his constant stupid inappropriate behavior?
his excuse, is that deep down, he’s a jerk. apparently, so is she.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:08 AM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
his excuse, is that deep down, he’s a jerk. apparently, so is she.
Deep down are you kidding, his true self has been evident his entire life and while it might be good for TV ratings if your a game show host, his behavior is so disrespectful and so inappropriate for our president. He is just continuing to sell the Trimp brand, it’s as plain as day, even if it’s not his grand plan. If Congress doesn’t put an end to it, it may be mueller or eventually the NYAG. He is such a smuck he really deserves to be put in his place.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #7
PaulS

Never mind that he has insulted Muslims numeous times and she finally has a platform to respond.

But Jim will tell you how the Dems. are worse.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:47 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Deep down are you kidding, his true self has been evident his entire life and while it might be good for TV ratings if your a game show host, his behavior is so disrespectful and so inappropriate for our president. He is just continuing to sell the Trimp brand, it’s as plain as day, even if it’s not his grand plan. If Congress doesn’t put an end to it, it may be mueller or eventually the NYAG. He is such a smuck he really deserves to be put in his place.
Sometimes I think the anti-Trumpers disagree with everything that comes from the right, without even reading it. I said that deep down, he's a jerk. That's why he behaves this way, because he's a terrible, terrible person. I think I'm saying the same thing you're saying - he's disgusting. Jeez.

"If Congress doesn’t put an end to it"

Congress has NO constitutional authority to "put an end" to someone being a jerk. We have the right, if we choose, to be crass jerks. Being a jerk, isn't an impeachable offense. As of right now, there's no impeachable offense. "Because I hate his guts", is not a constitutionally valid reason for impeachment. Let's see what the investigations uncover.

Congress can't impeach him on the basis that they don't like him. Stunning that you would state otherwise.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:54 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Never mind that he has insulted Muslims numeous times and she finally has a platform to respond.

But Jim will tell you how the Dems. are worse.
Each side has tens of millions of people, plenty of jerks on both sides. But among politicians and TV pundits, where I sit, the liberals are way worse. Their ideas on the economy are abject failures, many (not all) of their social issues are just weird, so instead of explaining why their ideas are better, they engage in attacks. It's all they have.

Trump may be one of the worst individuals out there. But he is constantly criticized by fellow Republicans. Who on your side told Hilary that her "deplorables" comment was offensive? Who on your side will say that this maniac's language is every bit as disgusting as Trumps?

And here is a sincere question, not trying to be a wise guy...what did Trump do, to insult Muslims? The travel ban? If that's what you're referring to, that's a joke. The ban didn't include countries with the largest Muslim populations on the planet. The ban wasn't targeting "Muslims", it was targeting Muslims from specific nations, which the Obama administration said were hotbeds of terror and which didn't do a good job of vetting who was who. If he wanted to ban all Muslims, why wasn't Turkey on the list of countries to which the ban applied?
Old 01-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #10
Nebe

Trump represents most conservatives darkest emotions. Fear. Hate. Greed. Oppression.

Last edited by Nebe; 01-04-2019 at 10:13 AM..
Old 01-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Each side has tens of millions of people, plenty of jerks on both sides. But among politicians and TV pundits, where I sit, the liberals are way worse. Their ideas on the economy are abject failures, many (not all) of their social issues are just weird, so instead of explaining why their ideas are better, they engage in attacks. It's all they have.
d?
See I disagree - I see the Repub. electing fowl mouthed, racist people constantly - people under indictment and they don't care. Look at the constant insults in this forum that come from the Repubs.

Look at the hypocrisy coming out of the Repub. supporting everything Trump says (the changing of the platform not to criticize Russia) tariffs (how many soy beans did we sell to China in Nov and Dec.?), insulting our allies, the swooning over the stock market (remember how you were enjoying the increase in your 401K) yet now they've developed lock jaw over his causing the market to crater, the lack of concern over the deficit (and it is not the same to have a deficit when the economy sucks like when Obama was left the worse economy since the depression vs when Trump was left one cruising along). Also, the hypocrisy of the Right hating the government except when the Right needs $ to put food on their table. Don't forget the Right leaning states get far more in govern. $ back on average then they pay to the government. They gladly have their hand out yet complain about the government at the same time.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #12
PaulS

Quote:
But he is constantly criticized by fellow Republicans. Who on your side told Hilary that her "deplorables" comment was offensive? Who on your side will say that this maniac's language is every bit as disgusting as Trumps?
Pls. Republicans are mostly silent when it comes to Trump. The way he treats the generals is appalling (yet he was a draft dodger). Some Repubs. will criticize some things Trump says but they will act like they don't remember anything he said the next day.

For about the 100th time - didn't Hillary apologize the very next day for saying that? I know if your children said something and apologized and never said it again you wouldn't constantly bring it up.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:52 AM   #13
Jim in CT

paul if you
want to deny that republicans are critical of trump, fine. there was a while
movement within the party called never trump. of course there are lots of hypocrites, but i see a lot more self policing than i see in the left.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #14
PaulS

I said "mostly". I don't believe people in either party are as partisian/ie voting blindly for 1 party as I think you think they are.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pls. Republicans are mostly silent when it comes to Trump. The way he treats the generals is appalling (yet he was a draft dodger). Some Repubs. will criticize some things Trump says but they will act like they don't remember anything he said the next day.

For about the 100th time - didn't Hillary apologize the very next day for saying that? I know if your children said something and apologized and never said it again you wouldn't constantly bring it up.
formthe 100th time, she apologized after she said it, and after people
told
her that it would
benefit her politically to do so. you didn’t answer
my question, where was the outcry on the left when she said it?

there is a lot
more to the gop than trump. compare paul ryan and mitch mcconnell to nancy pelosi and chuck schumer? come on.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:21 AM   #16
PaulS

Quote:
yet now they've developed lock jaw over his causing the market to crater,
although up a lot today
Old 01-04-2019, 11:23 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
formthe 100th time, she apologized after she said it, and after people
told
her that it would
benefit her politically to do so. you didn’t answer
my question, where was the outcry on the left when she said it?

Do you mean this awful statement, that you and other Trumplicans have extracted one word from and repeated it endlessly?
That word somehow justifies the multitude of awful statements and enabling of racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic groups by Trump.
And remember the Call and response "Who's paying for the wall?" Chorus: Mexico

"I know there are only 60 days left to make our case — and don’t get complacent, don’t see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think well he’s done this time. We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?

[Laughter/applause]

The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
although up a lot today
How has the market done, since he has been in office? And interesting that you only brought up the stock market, not GDP or unemployment.

And how do you know he caused this, as opposed to it being an organic correction, as those do happen sometimes, it's not always anyone's fault.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Do you mean this awful statement, that you and other Trumplicans have extracted one word from and repeated it endlessly?
That word somehow justifies the multitude of awful statements and enabling of racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic groups by Trump.
And remember the Call and response "Who's paying for the wall?" Chorus: Mexico

"I know there are only 60 days left to make our case — and don’t get complacent, don’t see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think well he’s done this time. We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?

[Laughter/applause]

The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroin, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well."
"you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?"

She's talking about tens of millions of Americans.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Do you mean this awful statement, that you and other Trumplicans have extracted one word from and repeated it endlessly? That word somehow justifies the multitude of awful statements and enabling of racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic groups by Trump.
There was more than one word that made her statement awful. Her whole statement was awful. And it enabled or justified calling people who supported Trump rather than Hillary racists, sexists, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic. It was an ugly, divisive politicized statement that is worse than anything I recall Trump saying.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
There was more than one word that made her statement awful. Her whole statement was awful. And it enabled or justified calling people who supported Trump rather than Hillary racists, sexists, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic. It was an ugly, divisive politicized statement that is worse than anything I recall Trump saying.

Try this one and you don't have to look far for more
Today's Democrat Party is held hostage by left-wing haters, angry mobs, deep state radicals, establishment cronies, and their fake news allies.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
How has the market done, since he has been in office? It has gone up but less than the same # of months during Obama's admin. And interesting that you only brought up the stock market, not GDP or unemployment. all have continued with the same trend that was occuring prior to his being elected. Edit - the trend on the deficit sure changed.

And how do you know he caused this, as opposed to it being an organic correction, as those do happen sometimes, it's not always anyone's fault.
Didn't you claim in the past that the stock was going up bc of Trump?

Apple decline was related to China and tarrifs - they said so. Trump claimed a tarriff war was easy to win. Didn't he even call himself Mr tarriff?

Last edited by PaulS; 01-04-2019 at 01:53 PM..
Old 01-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:

Try this one and you don't have to look far for more
Today's Democrat Party is held hostage by left-wing haters, angry mobs, deep state radicals, establishment cronies, and their fake news allies.
You're right. She, like most politicians, are as disgusting as Trump. He fits right in with the crowd.
Old 01-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #24
Jim in CT

paul-

yes, the market went up by a higher percentage under obama. because it has tanked before he got there. i give obama credit all the time for helping the economy, but it’s easier to grow the market by 15% year after a crash, than it is to do so after 8 years of significant growth. it’s like weight loss, if you need to lose 50 pounds, the first 5 are easier to lose than the last 5. i’m not trivializing what happened under obama.

you are desperately trying to avoid giving trump credit for
anything. i don’t think GDP growth is following the same trends as it did under
obama.

i claimed that trump helped the market. i still believe his policiesnhave helped the market. i can’t prove it obviously, but i’m very confident the market would be lower if not for his doing away with regulations and his tax cut. thatbthe market is down this year, doesn’t prove his policies failed, although it’s a safe bet his trade war hasn’t helped us yet.

i agree apple, which i own a lot of, is getting creamed, they say because of a sluggish chinese economy. part of that is probably because of the trade war, which i understand is hurting the chinese economy more than its hurting us, so hopefully that helps us get a good deal. but the chinese economy can’t grow like crazy forever, and not every hiccup they have is the fault of the sitting american president, is it? apple
has also failed
to gain much traction in india, and none of that is trumps fault.

the market is getting creamed the last 6 months, and part of that is absolutelybthe tariff and trade wars. now, allow
me to speculate, and it’s pure speculation. IF the trade war ends with very favorable terms to us, and IF as a result ifnthatbthe market and the economy do well, will you give him credit? or will you say that it’s because of the obama tailwinds he inherited.

i also loaded up more on apple yesterday, and i’m supremely confident that a few years from now, i will be very very glad for this dip.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #25
wdmso

I agree she shouldn’t have called the POTUS what she did it was wrong

But to call it disrespectful because she’s a democratic .. and not see Trumps behavior and language as disrespectful toward the office or the Nation.. is beyond me

But cortez is attacked for less

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-46757179
Old 01-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I agree she shouldn’t have called the POTUS what she did it was wrong

But to call it disrespectful because she’s a democratic .. and not see Trumps behavior and language as disrespectful toward the office or the Nation.. is beyond me

But cortez is attacked for less

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-46757179
who are you referring to, who doesn’t see Trumps behavior as disrespectful?
Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Disrespectful or unacceptable?
This should not be the new normal and it does not stand alone as an example.
President Donald Trump retweeted an image that accuses multiple political opponents of committing treason against the United States of America, demanding that they be prosecuted and imprisoned for their crime.

Think about that for a moment, because it is extraordinary. The chief executive of the United States is urging the government that he heads, the people whom he can hire and fire, to arrest those who dare to oppose him. He is equating resistance to his rule and criticism of his actions to acts of betrayal against the nation itself.

In the image tweeted by Trump, the gallery of accused traitors sitting behind prison bars includes Hillary Clinton, the she-devil of every Trump rally. She shares that crowded prison cell with 10 other people, including special counsel Robert Mueller, former FBI Director James Comey. Two predecessors as president, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, are also among those who are targeted as traitors to be punished.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, a Trump appointee who still sits in office, is also among the alleged traitors. In an interview with the New York Post this week, Trump was asked what crime Rosenstein committed to deserve to be put behind bars.

“He should have never picked a special counsel,” Trump said.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2019, 03:43 PM   #28
Jim in CT

it’s not going to be the new normal. here’s a bit of advice, Pete. if you don’t want to ever see the likes of Trump again, then perhaps when the GOP nominates a decent person, your side could treat them fairly. that doesn’t mean say nothing but positive things, it means praise when they deserve it, criticize when they deserve it. And try to pretend to show a speck of consistency. Your side portrayed George W Bush as a low-IQ version of Hitler, McCain was a senile old racist, Romney was a heartless plutocrat who objectified women by having resumes in a binder. that crap, is a big big reason why Trump won the primary.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #29
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
it’s not going to be the new normal. here’s a bit of advice, Pete. if you don’t want to ever see the likes of Trump again, then perhaps when the GOP nominates a decent person, your side could treat them fairly. that doesn’t mean say nothing but positive things, it means praise when they deserve it, criticize when they deserve it. And try to pretend to show a speck of consistency. Your side portrayed George W Bush as a low-IQ version of Hitler, McCain was a senile old racist, Romney was a heartless plutocrat who objectified women by having resumes in a binder. that crap, is a big big reason why Trump won the primary.
I'll take your advice and raise you some republican dirty tricks that led to that.

Just why do you think Kavanaugh claimed his problems getting confirmed was revenge for the Clintons, do you know what his role was in the Arkansas Project?

1976 - Jimmy Carter was widely attacked by Republicans for truthfully admitting he had experienced moments of lust.

1980 - Bill Casey's Theft and Reagan's Debate Performance - In a 1983 book, Gambling with History, Time correspondent Laurence Barrett revealed that Reagan campaign aides "filched" (stole) President Carter's briefing papers to help prepare Reagan for the 1980 debate. Chief of Staff James Baker would later say that Reagan's campaign manager William Casey was the thief. Ronald Reagan defended the theft saying: "It probably wasn't too much different than the press rushing into print with the Pentagon Papers." Reagan appointed William Casey to head the CIA where he become the chief architect of the Iran-contra operation.

1980 - The October surprise - Republican operatives encourage Iran not to release the hostages prior to the presidential election with the promise of unfreezing Iranian assets under Ronald Reagan.

"The CIA Old Boys were reeling. In the 1970s, exposure of their dirty games and dirty tricks made the Cold Warriors look sinister--and silly. Then, President Carter ordered a housecleaning that left scores of CIA men out in the cold. In 1980, the CIA men wanted back in and their champion was former CIA director George Bush. With Bush and Ronald Reagan in power, the old spies could resume their work with a vengeance. The temptation was to do to Jimmy Carter what the CIA had done to countless other world leaders--overthrow him." --Robert Parry, Bush and a CIA Power Play, February 29, 1996

Oct. 18, 1980 , Chicago Tribune reporter John Maclean told a U.S. foreign service officer, David Henderson, that a Republican source had supplied a fascinating tip -- that George Bush was flying to Paris to discuss the hostages with Iranians.

"The Iranian parliament was meeting and we had every information from Bani-Sadr and others that they were going to vote overwhelmingly to let the hostages go. And at the last minute on Sunday [two days before the election] for some reason they had adjourned without voting.... The votes were there, but the Ayatollah or somebody commanded them to adjourn." -- President Jimmy Carter

"The phrase 'October Surprise' kept cropping up and was soon campaign rhetoric. The more I listened, the more I realized that they were actually dreading the thought that the hostages might be released--if it happened at a time they thought would be inconvenient for their election plans." … "[I] think the hostages' release...had to do with a deal, struck before the deal-maker was in office." -- Patti Davis (Reagan's daughter)

1980s - Iran-Contra Affair - Revealed a Republican cabal to illegally sell weapons to U.S. enemy Iran to finance the training and support of a Nicaragua Contra drug cartel which used CIA trained death squads to terrorize and maintain control over the people to grow and harvest cocaine. Nov. 18, 1987 A Congressional report states US President Ronald Reagan bore "ultimate responsibility" for wrongdoing by his aides in the Iran-Contra Affair. The reporter who linked the CIA to the sale of Nicaraguan crack in Los Angeles in the 1980s was found with two bullet holes in the back of his head, which of course was ruled as an apparent suicide.

Key people implicated in the Iran-Contra scandal reappeared at high-level posts in later Republican administrations, most notably in George W. Bush's administration.

BCCI Affair - Pakistan-based Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) catered to the most notorious tyrants and thugs of the late 20th century, including Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, the heads of the Medellin cocaine cartel, Palestinian terrorist Abu Nidal, Manuel Noriega, al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and a web of Washington lobbyists with close ties to President George H.W. Bush. BCCI was a massive criminal enterprise, engaged in fraud and money laundering for drug dealers, terrorists and arms traffickers all around the world. A French intelligence report obtained by The Washington Post in 2002 described the financial network operated by bin Laden today "is similar to the network put in place in the 1980s by BCCI." As one senior U.S. investigator said in 2002, "BCCI was the mother and father of terrorist financing operations." Democratic Senator John Kerry presided over the Senate probe that exposed the fraud, abuse and terrorist financing.

1986 - Karl Rove helps Bill Clement, the first Republican in a century to win a Texas gubernatorial race by holding a press conference to announce that a bug had been found in his office. Rove complained about how their campaign strategy was showing up so consistently in the other camp. The bug had only 2 hours left in a 3 hour battery life, which barely gave Rove time to plant the bug call the police and news media and smear a good Democrat Mark White.

1988 - Willie Horton Ads - The 1988 Bush-Quayle “Willie Horton” commercial played to overt racism and fear mongering. Whisper campaign questions Democratic presidential candidate Michael Dukakis' mental state and that Kitty Dukakis once burned an American flag.

1992 - Ross Perot accuses Republicans of "dirty tricks" against his presidential campaign including a wiretap in his Dallas office and threats to publish phony nude photos of his daughter and sabotage her wedding. In July, Perot drops out until after his daughters wedding and then re-enters the race, splits the conservative ticket with George Bush and Clinton wins the presidency.

House Bank scandal - Republican Minority Whip Newt Gingrich, along with 7 freshman Republicans referred to as the Gang of Seven or "The Young Turks," tried to get rid of Democratic Congressmen by making a dramatic public display of denouncing corrupt Democrats in the House Bank scandal which amounted to Congressman getting advances on their paychecks because of very loose rules in the House Bank, which was not actually a bank. No money was stolen or lost. This back fired a little when it was found that Newt had also written a number of overdraft checks.

1994 - Republican Karl Rove helps George W. Bush in his Governors race against incumbent Democrat Ann Richards. Rove starts a whisper campaign that Richards is gay and runs push polling phone calls asking voters "would you be more or less likely to vote for Governor Richards if you knew her staff is dominated by lesbians."

1996 - Billionaire, Ross Perot on "Meet the Press" said Republican Party operatives had asked him in 1992 for $1 million to finance a political dirty tricks campaign before he entered the race as an independent candidate. Perot, implicated Republican National Committee Chairman Haley Barbour.

Troopergate was an early part of the "Arkansas Project." Republican fundraiser Peter W. Smith admitted to paying Arkansas State troopers Larry Patterson and Roger Perry $6,700 each to smear the reputation of President Bill Clinton. Self described "Conservative Hit Man" David Brock, writing for the Scaife owned American Spectator wrote and broke the story in 1993.

In a 1997 Esquire article titled "I Was a Conservative Hit Man" Brock recanted his claims. In 1998 he went further and personally apologized to Clinton. Brock went on to write: "Blinded by the Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative" in which he exposed the right-wing conspiracy to destroy Bill and Hillary Clinton and Anita Hill.

Troopergate
Blinded by the Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative

The "Arkansas Project" funded by billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife, was designed to damage and end the presidency of Bill Clinton through a series of bogus investigations. After wasting more than $25 million of taxpayer money to trump up charges against the Clintons on Whitewater, Troopergate, Travelgate and Filegate the right-wingnuts had to settle with exploiting the fear of Hillary Clinton to trap Bill Clinton into fudging about an affair.

February 12, 1999 The Republican controlled Senate acquits President Clinton of all impeachment charges. President Clinton had been asked "have you ever had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky, as that term is defined in Deposition Exhibit 1, as modified by the Court." The definition excluded oral sex and President Clinton truthfully answered: "I have never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky." The founding fathers defined impeachment for "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors against the United States."

CIA operative Barry Seal came forward to refute the Republican attempt to link Clinton with Pablo Escobar. When in fact the drug ring in question was actually being run as a CIA sting operation and had nothing to do with Clinton.

The Arkansas Project smear campaign was amplified by the propaganda organs of the Republican Party including The Washington Times, owned by ultraconservative cult leader Sun Myung Moon, Right-wing propagandist billionaire Rupert Murdoch (FOX News and New York Post) as well as wing nut buffoon, Rush Limbaugh and the Internet gossip column "Drudge Report."

During the Clinton presidency the federal budget moved from a quarter-trillion-dollar deficit to a 2 trillion dollar projected surplus. Clinton balanced the US budget, fostered the longest economic expansion in US history, reduced crime and the number of people on welfare. Unemployment dropped from 7.5% to below 4% for the first time in more than 30 years and the Dow Jones rose from 3,200 to a record breaking 10,000.

Sept. 20, 2000 - Independent counsel announces that the Whitewater investigation is closed due to insufficient evidence against the president and first lady.

Clinton Timeline
Arkansas Project
The Hunting of the President
The Republican Noise Machine: Right-Wing Media and How it Corrupts Democracy
Republicans launched over 55 official congressional investigations against President Clinton including one investigation on the Clinton family cat "Socks" and12 hours of testimony on the use of the White House Christmas card list. Not one official congressional investigation has been started on George W. Bush.

GOP Investigated Pres. Clinton’s Cat

2000 - Republican Karl Rove is at the heart of George Bush's vicious smear campaign against fellow Republican John McCain in the South Carolina primary, claiming McCain was a stoolie while a P.O.W. in Vietnam and now emotionally unstable. Rove is also credited with a coordinated stealth campaign of push polling which asks South Carolina voters: "If you knew John McCain fathered an illegitimate black child would you be more or less likely to vote for him?" This was followed up with direct mail and church parking lot flyers to convince voters McCain's adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually his illegitimate daughter and that his wife was a drug addict. A Bush operative also stole McCain's email lists and directly emails McCain's closest supporters with scandal and lies. Ironically Karl Rove's mentor Lee Atwater, was the political strategist for Strom Thurman, U.S. Senator from South Carolina, who actually did have an illegitimate African American daughter.

The 2000 presidential campaign was overwhelmed by a smokescreen of suspicion created around Al Gore, designed to demorlize the Democratic base and suppress the overall vote.

Bush debate material is sent to Al Gore's campaign in an effort to make it appear as if Gore is spying on Bush. Bush's cousin calls race for Bush on FOX News, leading other networks to follow suit, prematurely. Thousands of Florida voters are wiped from the voting rolls by brother Governor Jeb Bush.

In May of 2001 the preliminary findings of the United States Commission on Civil Rights regarding the stolen election of 2,000 were published, concluding that Florida Gov. Bush, and the Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris, turned a blind eye on election day which caused “a pattern of injustice, ineptitude and inefficiency.” Read More...

"The Commission found that the problems Florida had during the 2000 presidential election were serious and not isolated. In many cases, they were foreseeable and should have been prevented. The failure to do so resulted in an extraordinarily high and inexcusable level of disenfranchisement, with a significantly disproportionate impact on African American voters."

An open invitation to election fraud
2000 - Attacking Hillary - Right-wing propagandist Rupert Murdoch attacks Hillary Clinton in the midst of her 2000 senate race with a poisonous smear campaign. Murdoch-owned New York Post claimed that in 1974 Hillary had called one of her husband's aides "a f#cking Jew bastard." The story was based on a book published by Murdoch-owned HarperCollins, titled State of a Union: Inside the Complex Marriage of Bill and Hillary Clinton.

The right-wing media went to town with the story and within hours, it was repeated on CNN, NBC, and of course, Murdoch-owned FOX News. Eventually it was discovered that the source and object of the story was a former Clinton campaign aide named Paul Fray, who was a Baptist and not even Jewish and had lost his law license for taking a bribe. Fray had also written to Mrs. Clinton in 1997, apologizing for calling her names and spreading false stories about her. The damage was done but Clinton won anyway.

2002 - Republican Dirty tricks oust Democratic Sen. Max Cleland by attacking his patriotism. Cleland, who volunteered for Vietnam and left three limbs there, had to endure seeing pictures of himself in a Republican Saxby Chambliss campaign ad next to images of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. Chambliss sat out the Vietnam war with a bad knee.

Dirty-Bomb Politics

Republicans in Michigan recruited “stealth” candidates to run as phony Democrats for nine state Senate seats. The Muskegon Chronicle exposed and derailed the plan.

Republican "dirty tricks" in US mid-term elections

2003 - On JULY 8, Syndicated columnist Robert Novak mentions to Rove that former ambassador Joseph Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, is a CIA undercover operative. Rove's comment: "I heard that too." On JULY 8, Novak's syndicated column reveals publicly the classified information that, according to "two senior administration officials," Plame is an undercover CIA operative, .

Wilson-Plame-Novak-Rove Timeline

Republicans Scooter Libby and Karl Rove, nicknamed “Turd Blossum” by George Bush, are the prime suspects in the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame as hardball payback for her husband Joseph Wilson's criticism of the Bush administration.

Republican staff members of the US Senate Judiciary Commitee infiltrated opposition computer files for a year, monitoring secret strategy memos and periodically passing on copies to the media, Senate officials told The Globe. From the spring of 2002 until at least April 2003, members of the GOP committee staff exploited a computer glitch that allowed them to access restricted Democratic communications without a password.

Senate GOP staff pried on Democrats

"Republican psy-ops are conveyor-belt slick, and ever on the offensive. The Heritage Foundation alone has lines to 1,500 conservative radio talk-show hosts. They build infrastructure, they build TV studios. Eighty percent of the talking heads on television are from conservative think tanks. Eighty percent. They train their people.” -- George Lakoff, Rockridge Institute

2004 - Republican Karl Rove is credited with an orchestrated stealth campaign of phone calls, direct mail and email in the bible belt claiming that if John Kerry were elected he would ban the Holy Bible in America. Church goers all across the country are told to "vote for the Christian." Even though John Kerry had lived his entire adult life in public service while George Bush was a spoiled, drunken frat boy bailed out by one family friend after another and who only found religion when the electoral math was explained to him.

Republican operative Nathan Sproul's company is under investigation for allegedly destroying voter registration forms signed by Democrats. Now comes new evidence about Sproul's connections to the Bush-Cheney campaign.

Republican dirty tricks

A group financially bankrolled by Bush supporters bankroll TV ads smearing the military record of John Kerry.

Republican-funded Group Attacks Kerry's War Record
Swiftboat Veterans: their lies and the real truth about John Kerry

George Bush's New England campaign chairman in 2004 and top Republican Party official was convicted on telephone harassment charges for his part in a plot to jam election day 2002 phones used to give rides to the polls. James Tobin could get up to seven years in prison and $500,000 in fines when he is sentenced in March.

Former Bush campaign official indicted in phone-jamming

2005 - Phony Robo Calls - The Republican Party makes illegal phony robo calls pretending to be Democrat in 2005 VA Gov race.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #30
Jim in CT

and when the usual suspects he bring this back to trump, why isn’t that whataboutism?