Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-19-2017, 05:41 AM   #91
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Your dishonesty is alarming.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
your feigned indignation is hilarious......

what part of "Moore should go to jail" confused you?

regarding Trump and Franken.....it's a continuing theme with the left, far more concerned and offended by what a republican might have said than what their own democrats actually did...that is intellectual dishonesty

"In order to retain any moral authority on the issue of sexual abuse and harassment, Democrats must decide that sexual abuse and harassment is wrong no matter who does it. Only then will they be nominally, morally, better than the Roy Moore acolytes who compare molesting a 14-year-old girl to stealing a lawn mower."
https://www.thedailybeast.com/dear-l...or-these-times

Last edited by scottw; 11-19-2017 at 07:31 AM..
Old 11-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #92
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
your feigned indignation is hilarious......
You honestly think Franken was about to grab a sleeping woman's breasts while smiling for the camera? That's ridiculous. It's a photo in poor taste, not groping.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:27 AM   #93
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

What he did at that time is probably par for the course in the circles he traveled in and I have no doubt he isn't sleeping well knowing he left a photographic record of some lighthearted (to him at that time) fun he was having with a buddy. Throw a dart and you will hit a comedian who makes a living telling and living inappropriate behavior, but that won't translate well into politics......or will it.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:35 AM   #94
scottw

Quote:
You honestly think Franken was about to grab a sleeping woman's breasts while smiling for the camera? That's ridiculous. It's a photo in poor taste, not groping.
wouldn't surprise me....hadn't he recently stuck his tongue in the same woman's mouth(probably just joking around ) causing her disgust?...and then reportedly treated her badly in the aftermath because she didn't respond well to his "probing"....

"When they were alone backstage before the debut, he pressed the reluctant Tweeden to rehearse the smooch. After some awkward protest, she acquiesced. He proceeded, she says, with tongue-plunging force. Humiliated but not wanting to ruin the tour, she did not make a fuss beyond warning him not to pull such a stunt again. Through the remaining two-week tour, she avoided him when possible, and he reacted with “petty insults.”

maybe this was just another of his "petty insults"...caught on film
Old 11-19-2017, 09:55 AM   #95
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Trump's victim in your example is imaginary, unless he grabbed Billy Bush....Franken's victim is right there in the photo...
Let me make it easier for you to understand. Trump bragged about criminal behavior. The victims are the people he groped and forced himself on. The 13+ women who say he did those things to them aren't imaginary.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #96
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Let me make it easier for you to understand. Trump bragged about criminal behavior. The victims are the people he groped and forced himself on. The 13+ women who say he did those things to them aren't imaginary.
But according to Trump are all liars. The double standard here is amazing.

Last edited by spence; 11-19-2017 at 10:20 AM..
Old 11-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #97
scottw

Quote:
I think spence would call it painting a mental picture in bad taste, not actual groping...

if the women you mentioned want to come forward, file charges...sue..etc...I'm ok with that and whatever the courts decide

I would expect Trump to invoke the "one free grope rule" that the dems and feminists created to defend Clinton back in the day...I think that's the same one that Biden operates under
Old 11-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #98
scottw

Quote:

The 13+ women who say he did those things to them aren't imaginary.

Biden can bring them to the debates in 2019
Old 11-19-2017, 10:58 AM   #99
BigBo

Quote:
It sure is.

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
Old 11-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #100
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yes it is. According to your side, Mike Pences rule about not being alone with a woman other han his wife is sexist, but bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy are solid friends of feminism. That makes all kinds f sense. Of course there is hypocrisy on my side, but not to this degree.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:27 AM   #101
wdmso

As we get distracted The GOP is passing their tax plan which will bone many of here in the NE if passed as it stands
Old 11-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #102
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yes it is. According to your side, Mike Pences rule about not being alone with a woman other han his wife is sexist, but bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy are solid friends of feminism. That makes all kinds f sense. Of course there is hypocrisy on my side, but not to this degree.
When you talk about "sides" you sound like you're picking a dodge ball team in 3rd grade.

As for Pence, his personal position is a bit dated, perhaps he just doesn't trust himself, but it is certainly somewhat sexist as well.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #103
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Of course there is hypocrisy on my side, but not to this degree.Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Should we post the list of fervent anti-LGBTQ folks lawmakers who get caught with members of the same sex(Just happened again in Ohio)? Some of which were occasionally underage? Hell stuff about Schiff is supposedly out there now too...

There is hypocrisy on both sides, and pretty evenly weighted...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 11-20-2017, 11:31 AM   #104
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Hypocrisy, thy name is politics.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #105
Jim in CT

Quote:
When you talk about "sides" you sound like you're picking a dodge ball team in 3rd grade.

As for Pence, his personal position is a bit dated, perhaps he just doesn't trust himself, but it is certainly somewhat sexist as well.
"When you talk about "sides" you sound like you're picking a dodge ball team in 3rd grade"

Yes, because the exact verbiage I use to differentiate the two major parties, THAT'S what matters here. One picks on those details, when one has lost the meat of the debate.

"As for Pence, his personal position is a bit dated, perhaps he just doesn't trust himself"

Maybe he doesn't trust liberals not to fabricate tales of infidelity. Is he crazy to worry about that? Well, Donna Brazile was caught lying about George Bush's infidelities when she worked on the Dukakis campaign. Her fabrications were so bad, Dukakis fired her. where did she end up? Head of the DNC!!

Pence chooses to eliminate even the appearance of a possibility of sexual wrongdoing, and you say that's "dated"? With all that has happened in the last few weeks, it's "dated" to completely eliminate all possibility of any harassment or assault occurring?

You just can't say anything positive about him. Because he has an R after his name.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #106
Jim in CT

Quote:
The party that worships at the feet of the Clintons and the Kennedys, says that my side is waging war on women (because we think unborn babies are not worthless).

Show me anything that absurd in the official platform of conservatism, please? Yes, there are evil people on my side, and immoral people, and freaks. They aren't tolerated like they are on the left. Look at how many high-profile, influential Republicans attacked Trump, denounced Trump, didn't vote for Trump. Did that happen to Bill Clinton from fellow Democrats? Or Ted Kennedy? I must have missed it.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:47 PM   #107
scottw

Quote:

It's not assault is the point. Not a crime. Improper, offensive, yes. Sticking his tongue down her throat may qualify.....but.......

how about this?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politi...010/index.html
Old 11-20-2017, 03:18 PM   #108
PaulS

Quote:
Should we post the list of fervent anti-LGBTQ folks lawmakers who get caught with members of the same sex(Just happened again in Ohio)? Some of which were occasionally underage? Hell stuff about Schiff is supposedly out there now too...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/18/o...es-values.html

According to the Youth Risk Behavior Survey of 32 states, those with the highest percentage of high school students who say they have had sex are Mississippi, Delaware, West Virginia, Alabama and Arkansas. All but Delaware voted Republican in the last presidential election.

Meanwhile, the five states with the lowest proportion of high school students who have had sex were New York, California, Maryland, Nebraska and Connecticut. All but Nebraska voted Democratic.

Nine of the 10 states with the highest teen birthrates voted Republican in 2016. And nine of the 10 states with the lowest teen birthrates voted Democratic.

The conservative hostility to premarital sex also sometimes leads to early weddings, even to child marriages. I wrote in May about the hundreds of thousands of child marriages in America, and of the dozen states with the highest rates of child marriage, all voted Republican in 2016.

“Child marriage is happening at an alarming rate across the U.S., but available marriage-license data show more parents, judges and clerks in red states than in blue states seem comfortable with this human-rights abuse,” said Fraidy Reiss, founder of Unchained at Last, a nonprofit that fights child marriage.

Divorce rates show a similar pattern: They tend to be higher in red states than in blue states, with Arkansas highest of all. “Individual religious conservatism is positively related to individual divorce risk,” according to a 50-state study reported in the American Journal of Sociology.

Then there’s adultery and prostitution. One large international survey found that the largest group of customers on Ashley Madison, the dating website for married people, were evangelical Christians. And a major 2013 study found that men in the Houston and Kansas City metro areas were the most likely to call sex ads, while men in San Francisco and Baltimore were the least likely to.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #109
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/18/o...es-values.html

According to the Youth Risk Behavior Survey of 32 states, those with the highest percentage of high school students who say they have had sex are Mississippi, Delaware, West Virginia, Alabama and Arkansas. All but Delaware voted Republican in the last presidential election.

Meanwhile, the five states with the lowest proportion of high school students who have had sex were New York, California, Maryland, Nebraska and Connecticut. All but Nebraska voted Democratic.

Nine of the 10 states with the highest teen birthrates voted Republican in 2016. And nine of the 10 states with the lowest teen birthrates voted Democratic.

The conservative hostility to premarital sex also sometimes leads to early weddings, even to child marriages. I wrote in May about the hundreds of thousands of child marriages in America, and of the dozen states with the highest rates of child marriage, all voted Republican in 2016.

“Child marriage is happening at an alarming rate across the U.S., but available marriage-license data show more parents, judges and clerks in red states than in blue states seem comfortable with this human-rights abuse,” said Fraidy Reiss, founder of Unchained at Last, a nonprofit that fights child marriage.

Divorce rates show a similar pattern: They tend to be higher in red states than in blue states, with Arkansas highest of all. “Individual religious conservatism is positively related to individual divorce risk,” according to a 50-state study reported in the American Journal of Sociology.

Then there’s adultery and prostitution. One large international survey found that the largest group of customers on Ashley Madison, the dating website for married people, were evangelical Christians. And a major 2013 study found that men in the Houston and Kansas City metro areas were the most likely to call sex ads, while men in San Francisco and Baltimore were the least likely to.
Oh. So divorce is remotely the same as sexual assault. Got it Paul, got it.

I am talking about political hypocrisy regarding sexual assault and harassment. Of course there are jerks on all sides. Are you really going to say that Bill Clinton caught as much heat in the media for his sexual misdeeds, as Trump did? Are you really going to claim that those two men were treated equally?

When campaigning, Hilary said that women who claim they were assaulted, are to be believed. Just last Friday, she said that the women who accused her husband, are mis-remembering what Bill did. She slut-shamed them on national TV. Some feminist.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:26 PM   #110
PaulS

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:08 PM   #111
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Just pointing out the hypocrisy.
Paul, there's absolutely nothing in Christianity, that encourages teen sex, teen marriage, or divorce. Nothing. Some red states, particularly in the deep south, have destructive cultural issues, no doubt. Same thing in our cities. It's caused by a culture of poverty, it has nothing to do with religion. I'm not saying religious people are perfect, far from it. But if you take the 10 commandments seriously, it will reduce the likelihood that you engage in that behavior.

I see that the Times piece didn't quote its own study (which we have discussed) which showed that conservatives give a lot more to charity than liberals.

It's funny that liberals love to claim that Republicans only care about the rich, yet so many poor places (very poor places in the south) are so conservative.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #112
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump officially would rather a child molester over any Democrat, just hard to believe the lack of moral compass he displays.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #113
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Trump officially would rather a child molester over any Democrat, just hard to believe the lack of moral compass he displays.
Isn’t that just rich ? The gop... guardians of family values !!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #114
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

He pointed out that Roy Moore "totally denies" sexual misconduct with a string of teenage girls, including a 14-year-old,

Putin also totally denies what he did .. see a trend?

not just his moral compass ... I am still at a loss to why people still defend this POTUS or should I say Dear leader

George Washington Couldn’t Tell A Lie. POTUS Donald Trump Can’t Tell The Truth
Old 11-21-2017, 10:59 PM   #115
Sea Dangles

Should we all assume you have never denied doing something wrong that you were guilty of?
What a joke this gets turned into with these donkeys.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #116
zimmy

Quote:
It's funny that liberals love to claim that Republicans only care about the rich, yet so many poor places (very poor places in the south) are so conservative.
It is the politicians who poor conservatives elect that are tied to big business, oil, big pharma. It is the great irony. I feel both sadness and a bit of serves you right for those sick out of work coal miners who voted for Trump because they believe he will bring back coal, but pray he doesn't end Obama Care, which is the primary reason they can afford treatment for black lung. Also, the less educated poorer whites in the red States buy into the Trump mantra of creating scape goats of illegal immigrants, etc.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:13 AM   #117
wdmso

Quote:
It is the politicians who poor conservatives elect that are tied to big business, oil, big pharma. It is the great irony. I feel both sadness and a bit of serves you right for those sick out of work coal miners who voted for Trump because they believe he will bring back coal, but pray he doesn't end Obama Care, which is the primary reason they can afford treatment for black lung. Also, the less educated poorer whites in the red States buy into the Trump mantra of creating scape goats of illegal immigrants, etc.
Fun Fact The entire coal industry employs fewer people than Arby’s

Brayton Point decommissioned coal-fired power plant that was long known as one of Massachusetts's worst polluters has been sold to a company with experience redeveloping polluted sites.

Commercial Development says it will transform the plant for "post-coal utilization."

coals coming back ???
Old 11-22-2017, 07:34 AM   #118
scottw

Quote:

the less educated poorer whites

scape goats of illegal immigrants

I'm so sick of people being broken down into color and class

funny when someone writes "illegal"..then completely ignores the meaning of the word
Old 11-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

He pointed out that Roy Moore "totally denies" sexual misconduct with a string of teenage girls, including a 14-year-old,

Putin also totally denies what he did .. see a trend?

not just his moral compass ... I am still at a loss to why people still defend this POTUS or should I say Dear leader

George Washington Couldn’t Tell A Lie. POTUS Donald Trump Can’t Tell The Truth
Welcome to realpolitik. It is a centuries old driver of policy (also referred to as "pragmatism") that both parties practice. I would argue that the Democrats have relied on realpolitik to overcome the embarrassing actions of some of their members more than the Republicans. In either case, "they all do it." So you're shock at Trump's realpolitik is either feigned or naïve.

And yeah, I see the trend of your posts.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #120
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Welcome to realpolitik. It is a centuries old driver of policy (also referred to as "pragmatism") that both parties practice. I would argue that the Democrats have relied on realpolitik to overcome the embarrassing actions of some of their members more than the Republicans. In either case, "they all do it." So you're shock at Trump's realpolitik is either feigned or naïve.

And yeah, I see the trend of your posts.
Absolutely nothing Trump does anymore shocks me, he is totaling in character, I get they don't want to have a democrat take that seat, but he is totally acting in character.