Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-19-2022, 06:49 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Biden building a $500k wall at his vacation home

i guess not all walls are racist, only the ones republicans propose

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...security-fence
Old 08-19-2022, 07:15 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Assuming Biden keeps his beach house for the rest of his life, it’s probably quite cost effective compared to the Secret Service guarding without it.

Still 140 million short of what we spent for TFG’s weekends playing golf.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Assuming Biden keeps his beach house for the rest of his life, it’s probably quite cost effective compared to the Secret Service guarding without it.

Still 140 million short of what we spent for TFG’s weekends playing golf.
Right! because having untold millions and millions of illegals in the country, doesn’t cost us a dime.

They don’t take any welfare or require any public services, don’t have a single kid in school
among all of them, they don’t require housing, food, healthcare, police protection, social services, nothing. Nope. Doesn’t cost a cent.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:00 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i guess not all walls are racist, only the ones republicans propose

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...security-fence

Yep same faux outrage with Obama

Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, were the recipients of a pricey perk that has reportedly ended up costing taxpayers $347,000 for six months of Secret Service protection after her father, Donald Trump, left office on Jan. 20.

This extended protection was triggered by a highly unusual order Trump made near the end of his presidency, according to the Washington Post. The order was to offer an additional six months of protection to Ivanka Trump and Kushner, who also was a White House senior adviser.

The order also covered extended protection to Ivanka’s three adult siblings, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Tiffany Trump, and to three top administration officials, costing $1.7 million through July.

Yep you are a Cult member
Old 08-19-2022, 03:02 PM   #5
wdmso

Mar-a-Lago Gets $600,000 Security Upgrade on Taxpayers’ Dime

Security for Trump’s Mar-a-Lago visits cost local taxpayers $13 million

One presumes, then, that guests will overlook the nearly 50-foot-wide dirt pit and bright orange construction posts on the west lawn of Mar-a-Lago, where the New York Post reports a helipad is being built for Marine One. It’s a fiscally responsible choice for the president, who bills taxpayers approximately $700,000 in flight costs alone every time he takes Air Force One down to South Florida. Marine One, which has much lower operating costs, is a bargain by comparison.

Last edited by wdmso; 08-19-2022 at 03:10 PM..
Old 08-19-2022, 03:12 PM   #6
wdmso

Just call it an invasion Jim we know you want to ..
Old 08-19-2022, 03:47 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Yep same faux outrage with Obama

Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, were the recipients of a pricey perk that has reportedly ended up costing taxpayers $347,000 for six months of Secret Service protection after her father, Donald Trump, left office on Jan. 20.

This extended protection was triggered by a highly unusual order Trump made near the end of his presidency, according to the Washington Post. The order was to offer an additional six months of protection to Ivanka Trump and Kushner, who also was a White House senior adviser.

The order also covered extended protection to Ivanka’s three adult siblings, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Tiffany Trump, and to three top administration officials, costing $1.7 million through July.

Yep you are a Cult member
No, YOU are flip flopping. This thread is about whether or not walls are a reasonable security feature, or whether they are necessarily racist. And you "flip flopped", in your language, to Trump.

See what I did there? Stay on topic please!
Old 08-19-2022, 03:50 PM   #8
spence

This could be flip flops worst thread ever
Old 08-19-2022, 04:20 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
No, YOU are flip flopping. This thread is about whether or not walls are a reasonable security feature, or whether they are necessarily racist. And you "flip flopped", in your language, to Trump.

See what I did there? Stay on topic please!

Jim the Fox News article you posted doesn’t even mention immigration

But you did once again comparing a wall around a house and a wall around our nation as somehow being the same . Shocking

PS Biden didn’t ask for a wall he’s the POTUS his security demands it
Old 08-19-2022, 06:05 PM   #10
Nebe

Kind of like building a sea wall to combat rising sea levels while denying climate change (Cheeto)
Old 08-19-2022, 06:43 PM   #11
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, keep in mind that Jim is the master of finding equivalence everywhere Fox tells him to.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:03 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Kind of like building a sea wall to combat rising sea levels while denying climate change (Cheeto)
or building/buying a mansion by the sea and burying fossil fuel containers in the yard(barry) after threatening rising seas due to fossil fuels...oh wait...that was he moment the stopped the seas from rising , my bad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	299827576_10221795215176984_5130781105935146854_n.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	69109  

Last edited by scottw; 08-20-2022 at 05:32 AM..