Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
there is nothing natural about any golf course
Right! How much fertilizer does a golf course use? How many trees get cut down?
Old 01-24-2020, 04:05 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
you know full well that if that prediction is true, the impact to everyone and everything on earth will be devastating. .
Agreed, if the predictions are true, we are in deep sh*t. Fortunately, none of the previous dire predictions have come close to coming true. I'm the kind of person, where if someone is wrong again and again and again and again, at some point they lose credibility and I stop listening. Especially when the person doing the forecasting, claims that the solution, coincidentally, is to give their side tremendous control over the rest of us. I'm persuadable, very persuadable, but I'm not going to unquestioningly put all my eggs in one basket or the other. That's what lefty zealots do.

This is why I can't listen to Sean Hannity. I gave him a shot, but so much of what he says turns out to be BS, so I stopped watching him. Liberals never seem to stop believing anyone on the left. So Rachael Maddow still has an audience, and Paul Krugman still gets paid to offer opinions on TV, even though hose two are demonstrably wrong almost 100% of the time.

If we really worried about carbon emissions, we'd be building nuclear plants as fast as humanly possible, as it couldn't be more clear that wind and solar can't come close to getting it done. But the left doesn't want nuclear plants either. So where is the electricity supposed to come from, are we all supposed to walk around all day, rubbing balloons on our heads?
Old 01-25-2020, 05:35 AM   #33
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Jim. Go read Ted Nordhaus' op-ed in the WSJ today 'Ignoring the Fake Climate Debate'.

I don't agree with every aspect he brings up but it is well researched and makes some good points. FYI when you get to the end, if we get to 3deg C it still ain't good......
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-25-2020, 08:19 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Jim. Go read Ted Nordhaus' op-ed in the WSJ today 'Ignoring the Fake Climate Debate'.

I don't agree with every aspect he brings up but it is well researched and makes some good points. FYI when you get to the end, if we get to 3deg C it still ain't good......
I read it. it was a moderate piece i guess, but skeptical of
anyone who is still
linking climate change with the australian fires, which as far as i know were caused by arson, not climate change.

Why aren’t we building nuclear plants as rapidly as we can? what’s a better solution that has any feasibility to it?
Old 01-25-2020, 08:56 AM   #35
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
anyone who is still
linking climate change with the australian fires, which as far as i know were caused by arson, not climate change.

Why aren’t we building nuclear plants as rapidly as we can? what’s a better solution that has any feasibility to it?

1. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/se...ias-bushfires/

2. I am not anti nuke but we need significant improvements in how they transport and store nuclear fuel over geologic time....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 01-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
anyone who is still

The arsonist angle in Australia is another red herring conspiracy throw out by fox news and climate deniers

Lead in on American Greatness 1st time see them. There as far right as you get

Environmentalists Caused Australia’s Fires, Not ‘Climate Change’

How hard is the concept its climate change that caused the conditions and a spark or cigarette or an ember from a camp fire lit the fuse , like Trump and his supporters
Blame the whistleblower deny the evidence
Old 01-25-2020, 10:05 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
1. https://www.factcheck.org/2020/01/se...ias-bushfires/

2. I am not anti nuke but we need significant improvements in how they transport and store nuclear fuel over geologic time....
your article tries to link climate change to the fires by saying that hot, dry weather enables
fires to spread. that’s true. but it’s australia, and it’s summer there, right? hasn’t it always been hot and dry there in the summer? i
Old 01-25-2020, 10:07 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

How hard is the concept its climate change that caused the conditions and a spark or cigarette or an ember from a camp fire lit the fuse , like Trump and his supporters
do you have any evidence that it was climate change? or do you just want it to be climate change to serve The Narrative? It’s hot and dry there, WDMSO, that’s not a new situation.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:11 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:

True. Just like we need controls
on long term storage of dead
lithium batteries and solar panels. lots of toxicity there, obviously not on the same page as
nuclear, but we’ll need a lot
if space for refuse batteries and panels. i understand they are tough to recycle, don’t know why.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #40
Sea Dangles

Quote:
The arsonist angle in Australia is another red herring conspiracy throw out by fox news and climate deniers

Lead in on American Greatness 1st time see them. There as far right as you get

Environmentalists Caused Australia’s Fires, Not ‘Climate Change’

Why did I know that you would link Trump to those fires?
🤡

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-25-2020, 12:24 PM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Why did I know that you would link Trump to those fires?
🤡
To much weed it's a bit early ?
Old 01-25-2020, 12:31 PM   #42
Sea Dangles

Quote:
To much weed it's a bit early ?
To Two Too...
I could smoke all day and still know how to spell.
What’s your excuse?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN