Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2020, 08:35 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Floridaman’s propagandist’s alternative facts

Alternative Fact: “President [Volodymyr] Zelensky and high-ranking Ukrainian officials did not even know — did not even know — the security assistance was paused until the end of August, over a month after the July 25 call.”

Actual Fact: Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary Laura Cooper testified that the Ukrainians were inquiring about the status of the security assistance on July 25.

Alternative Fact: “They kept telling you it was Russia alone that interfered in the 2016 election, but there is evidence that Ukraine also interfered.”

Actual Fact: “We have no information that indicates that Ukraine interfered,” said Trump’s FBI director, Christopher Wray.

Alternative Fact: The administration fought subpoenas because “the subpoenas were not authorized because there were no votes” to start an impeachment inquiry.

Actual Fact: The administration fought the subpoenas even after the formal vote to open the impeachment inquiry.

Alternative Fact: “The transcript shows that the president did not condition either security assistance or a meeting on anything.”

Actual Fact: The “transcript” is not an actual transcript but a partial reconstruction of the call by the White House. It includes the Trump phrase “do us a favor though” immediately following the Ukrainian president’s mention of military help and immediately before Trump’s request for investigations.

Alternative Fact: “They design[ed] a mechanism here where the president was locked out and denied the ability to cross-examine witnesses” in the House impeachment.

Actual Fact: Cipollone declined an invitation to participate in the House impeachment hearings before the Judiciary Committee.

Alternative Fact: “The Democrats’ allegation that the president engaged in a quid pro quo is unfounded.”

Actual Fact: Told that what he was describing was a quid pro quo, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said at a news conference: “We do that all the time.”

Alternative Fact: “The Mueller Report … after $32 million and roughly 500 search warrants, determined that there was no collusion.”

Actual Fact: “We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term,” Mueller testified.

What Floridaman’s acolytes failed to say is that by the preponderance of evidence standard, the report contains ample evidence to establish abuse of power by Floridaman, sometimes through intermediaries, other times through direct channels.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-26-2020, 08:40 AM   #2
scottw

"propagandist’s alternative facts"

from the guy relentlessly repeating the same nonsense day after day
Old 01-26-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"propagandist’s alternative facts"

Comment coming from the guy relentlessly posting nonsense day after day

Fixed it for you
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-26-2020, 09:00 AM   #4
Sea Dangles

Old 01-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #5
PaulS

Thanks Pete. It's good to be reminded of the facts and watch the mouth-breathers constantly complain without actually saying anything. Did you see the tape of trump talking to Parnas and saying get rid of the Ambassador despite Trumps repeated lies recently saying he never met the guy.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:23 AM   #6
spence

They have to make things up their client is guilty.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:34 AM   #7
Pete F.
Canceled

Think about that tape

Floridaman was worried about Obama bugging Trump Tower with sophisticated CIA techniques, but he's able to get recorded by small-time crooks at dinner for 85 minutes totally undetected.

Imagine what Russia has on him.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:13 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Just because he claims to have a high IQ doesn't make it so, sort of like claiming his inauguration crowd was the largest ever.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:43 PM   #9
Sea Dangles

He is clearly the greatest president of our lifetime.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

A few statements excerpted so you can see just where the Stable Genius and his shadow cabinet come up with policy. Fell free to listen to the whole thing, there is a lot more that will emerge. Especially about Yovanovitch.

Trump: "China didn't become great until the WTO." Trump is explaining how China was going nowhere, then they joined the WTO and bam, like a rocket ship.

Trump is just making up random econ stats, and then everyone around the table goes, "Wow," "Incredible," "Woooww," "Amazing."

Now everyone is discussing steel tariffs. Trump expresses frustration that South Korea dare competes with the U.S. steel industry: "Can you believe it." "How we ever got involved in South Korea in the first place, tell me about it."
Trump says South Korea is "one of the toughest trading partners we're dealing with, tougher than China."

Trump is bragging about his steel tariffs to one of the people at the dinner, and how much steel prices has gone up, and isn't that great. The man then gently corrects him, "I'm not a steel producer, I'm a steel buyer."

Lets Go Darwin