Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-26-2020, 11:57 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Bolton pegging Floridaman

Since it looks like Bolton is gonna spill the beans will the Trumplicans in the Senate willingly accept roles as co-conspirators, enablers or will they fulfill their constitutional duties?

Pegging is a cribbage term, isn’t it?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 05:43 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Pegging is a cribbage term, isn’t it?
hey, if that's your thing, enjoy.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-27-2020, 07:11 AM   #3
Sea Dangles

I look forward to seeing justice served.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-27-2020, 07:30 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Desperate tweet from Floridaman, testimony trumps tweets
The Democrat controlled House never even asked John Bolton to testify. It is up to them, not up to the Senate!
Old 01-27-2020, 07:33 AM   #5
Sea Dangles

Thanks for the update,keep us posted.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #6
scottw

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joy_villa_embed.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	66849  
Old 01-27-2020, 07:52 AM   #7
Duke41
got gas?

Bolton, Joe Diden, Hunter Biden, Flynn lets get them all on the stage.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:45 AM   #8
wdmso

TRUMP Bolton's only looking to sell books

He loves them till they leave Him..

And his answers about the troops with the concussion injuries...
heard that they had headaches and a couple of other things, and I can say and report it is not very serious," said President Trump.

Veterans group demands apology from Trump over comments on brain injuries

He'll dismiss that criticism as fake media
Old 01-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke41 View Post
Bolton, Joe Diden, Hunter Biden, Flynn lets get them all on the stage.
agreed 100%.

the snowflakes have no
interest in learning what the Biden’s were doing there.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

A horrible connection if it pans out: On Dec. 30, Trump learned what Bolton’s book would say. Bolton has been pushing war with Iran for years. Iran’s General Soleimani was in US sights for years. Trump suddenly ordered his assassination on Jan. 3, four days after seeing the book.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 09:06 AM   #11
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
agreed 100%.

the snowflakes have no
interest in learning what the Biden’s were doing there.
And the mouthbreathers continue to defame the Biden's with no proof they did anything wrong. How scummy is that?
Old 01-27-2020, 09:24 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Some GOP senators reportedly pushing White House for information on who at administration had visibility into the manuscript over the last month. Senators downstream feel blindsided.
Cipollinni's office had the manuscript since December 30th, he claimed before the Senators that there was no direct evidence.

Hope the Senate has hip boots, soon they are going to need a boat.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And the mouthbreathers continue to defame the Biden's with no proof they did anything wrong. How scummy is that?
how do we prove whether or not he did anything wrong, unless we investigate? who’s the mouth breather? there’s obvious evidence if biden’s family benefitting from his position, so let’s look into it. your side has no interest. gee, i wonder why that is?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-27-2020 at 09:35 AM..
Old 01-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
how do we prove whether or not he did anything wrong, unless we investigate?
In the US until there is credible proof someone did something wrong, we generally don't investigate. You claimed nepotism previously and I am not sure you know the meaning of it.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:35 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
In the US until there is credible proof someone did something wrong, we generally don't investigate.
Or we just lie to the FISA court.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Or we just lie to the FISA court.
bam.

paul, you real see nothing fishy that hunter was appointed to that board? it’s a coincidence that of all countries, he gets a cushy job in Ukraine, at a time when his father was the point man on Ukraine policy? You’re saying there’s nothing suspicious there?

i disagree.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:39 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
In the US until there is credible proof someone did something wrong, we generally don't investigate. You claimed nepotism previously and I am not sure you know the meaning of it.
not proof. probable cause. proof is what you get during the investigation.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:50 AM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
not proof. probable cause. proof is what you get during the investigation.
so what is the probable cause ?
Old 01-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #19
PaulS

Quote:
bam.

paul, you real see nothing fishy that hunter was appointed to that board? it’s a coincidence that of all countries, he gets a cushy job in Ukraine, at a time when his father was the point man on Ukraine policy? You’re saying there’s nothing suspicious there?

i disagree.
no, nothing suspicious.

The Ukr. wanted to curry favor w/Joe Biden but there is zero proof either Biden did anything wrong. The rich and politically connected always benefit in those ways (college, jobs, etc) but in the US we don't investigate.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
so what is the probable cause ?
ummmm, hunter got a job in, of all countries, the one country that his father was the point man in. of all the countries in the world, Hunter had to get a cushy board job in that country.

Again, if the biden’s didn’t do
anything wrong, Trump looks stupid for asking for an investigation.

Paul, we all have different thresholds for what’s suspicious. this is beyond that threshold for me.

I’m no brain dead zombie. i think trump probably threatened to withhold the aid. i just don’t see it as anywhere near impeachable. biden bragged about withholding aid from the same country unless they did what he wanted. so threatening to withhold aid, by itself, was ok when biden did it.

If the big deal is personal benefit ( helping trump get re elected), obviously they all do things to help them get the elected, and many of those things involve the use of public resources. The obama administration used public resources to deceive the FISA court to get permission to spy on the Trump campaign.

One of you, i think it was you, said that learning the truth about what the burdens did there, benefits no one except Trump. That’s beyond absurd.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
ummmm, hunter got a job in, of all countries, the one country that his father was the point man in. of all the countries in the world, Hunter had to get a cushy board job in that country.that does not prove ANY corruption or anything illegal.

Again, if the biden’s didn’t do
anything wrong, Trump looks stupid for asking for an investigation.

Paul, we all have different thresholds for what’s suspicious. this is beyond that threshold for me.

I’m no brain dead zombie. i think trump probably threatened to withhold the aid. i just don’t see it as anywhere near impeachable. biden bragged about withholding aid from the same country unless they did what he wanted. so threatening to withhold aid, by itself, was ok when biden did it.

If the big deal is personal benefit ( helping trump get re elected), obviously they all do things to help them get the elected, and many of those things involve the use of public resources. The obama administration used public resources to deceive the FISA court to get permission to spy on the Trump campaign.

One of you, i think it was you, said that learning the truth about what the burdens did there, benefits no one except Trump. That’s beyond absurd.Never said no such thing and not even sure I know what you mean.
The reason Trump wanted an investigation - actually not an investigation but "the announcement of an investigation" was bc it would tar the Biden's. He would be touting the announcement and he knows that would hurt the Biden's. By the time it would be over (but since he didn't want an actual investigation - nothing would probably end) Biden would be hurt. Trump knew Biden was his biggest opponent.

This is similar to Benghazi and how McCarthy admitted that the real reason for the prolonged investigation was to hurt H. Clinton politically. How scummy is that, that McCarthy would use dead Americans to score political points.

To think Trump was concerned with any corruption anywhere is laughable.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

What does Biden have to do with Trump's impeachment?
Are either Bidens fact witness's?
If there is an actual predicate for the investigation, the FBI will gladly do it.

Meanwhile, Romney says it’s “increasingly likely” more GOP senators vote to call in Bolton and has spoken to other senators about it.

And Floridaman just put out a tweet that likely removes any vestige of executive privilege he had over his conversation with Bolton.
I think he's starting to smell the cell.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 10:39 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
The reason Trump wanted an investigation - actually not an investigation but "the announcement of an investigation" was bc it would tar the Biden's. He would be touting the announcement and he knows that would hurt the Biden's. By the time it would be over (but since he didn't want an actual investigation - nothing would probably end) Biden would be hurt. Trump knew Biden was his biggest opponent.

This is similar to Benghazi and how McCarthy admitted that the real reason for the prolonged investigation was to hurt H. Clinton politically. How scummy is that, that McCarthy would use dead Americans to score political points.

To think Trump was concerned with any corruption anywhere is laughable.
i never said i had proof of corruption. i said it’s very, very coincidental. id have no problem investigating that. you guys seem awfully desperate to making sure that doesn’t happen. i’m in the fortunate position of being able to accept the truth, regardless of what it is.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
What does Biden have to do with Trump's impeachment?
Are either Bidens fact witness's?
If there is an actual predicate for the investigation, the FBI will gladly do it.

Meanwhile, Romney says it’s “increasingly likely” more GOP senators vote to call in Bolton and has spoken to other senators about it.

And Floridaman just put out a tweet that likely removes any vestige of executive privilege he had over his conversation with Bolton.
I think he's starting to smell the cell.
i hope they do call in Bolton. If you think i’m terrified of the truth coming out regarding trump, think again.

the biden’s actions only get to the validity of trump asking for an investigation. and that there is benefit to everyone, not just Trump, to finding out what the Biden’s were doing there.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

The charge against Floridaman is not that he wanted an actual investigation of corruption in Ukraine, but that he did not care if there was an investigation at all. As all of the evidence in the record shows, what Floridaman asked for was the announcement of an investigation, and Floridaman had no interest in combating corruption of any kind.

The argument for impeachment and removal is that Floridaman engaged in the sort of conduct that the founders identified as justifying including impeachment in the Constitution: Using the nation's foreign policy as a tool for personal benefit, and thereby betraying the public trust, aka abuse of power.

The announcement of an investigation into Burisma and the Bidens would benefit Floridaman's personal political ambitions, yet there is no plausible argument that the mere announcement of an investigation could or would do anything to advance any legitimate anti-corruption agenda.

If there is evidence that Floridaman was actually seeking a genuine investigation, and not merely an announcement, where is it?
Those who might be able to back up that claim, Ambassador John Bolton or OMB Director Mick Mulvaney, have not been allowed to testify, and Floridaman has refused to release documents or other materials that might support this characterization of events.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Never said no such thing and not even sure I know what you mean.
Quote:
Trump's actions benefit him personally and only him.
Sound familiar?

The "actions" we were discussing, was getting to the bottom of what the Bidens were doing in Ukraine. You said =that getting to the bottom of it, benefitted no one but Trump.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #27
PaulS

Quote:
i never said i had proof of corruption. i said it’s very, very coincidental. id have no problem investigating that. you guys seem awfully desperate to making sure that doesn’t happen. i’m in the fortunate position of being able to accept the truth, regardless of what it is.
so "coincidence" is now reason enough for the Pres. of the US to want an investigation?

I'm not desperate. I just think it is scummy to want an investigation based on "coincidence".
Old 01-27-2020, 11:14 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
so "coincidence" is now reason enough for the Pres. of the US to want an investigation?

I'm not desperate. I just think it is scummy to want an investigation based on "coincidence".
i didn’t say i think it’s a coincidence. i said i think it’s obviously fishy and extremely indicative of corrupt cronyism.

I said that liberals claim it was a coincidence.

a harmless coincidence is one thing. that’s probably not what this is.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #29
PaulS

Quote:
Sound familiar?

The "actions" we were discussing, was getting to the bottom of what the Bidens were doing in Ukraine. You said =that getting to the bottom of it, benefitted no one but Trump.
Miss read the original quote and that is why I said i'm not sure what you mean.

Yes, It only benefits Trump.

They weren't going anything in Ukr. other than H. Biden working for a company there. To imply there was something nefarious going on w/o any evidence is wrong.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:18 AM   #30
PaulS

Quote:
i didn’t say i think it’s a coincidence. i said i think it’s obviously fishy and extremely indicative of corrupt cronyism.

I said that liberals claim it was a coincidence.

a harmless coincidence is one thing. that’s probably not what this is.
There is no proof anything fishy went on.