Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Faulk Arrested On Drug Charges!

Great...we need this right? Kevin Faulk arrested on marijuana charges.......stupid!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
PNG

and they just released Rosiehopefully its just a manuver but I dont think soHe is, was one of my fav's

Plugs Rule
PNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

......and moss is playing the field for $$$$$.....no worries - bill and scott will field a very good team as usual.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Who would have thought !
The Pats are having a dysfunctional offseason compared to the Raiders !
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #5
vineyardblues

They also let Rosie go today ???
vineyardblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:30 AM   #6
riverrat55

Who would have thought???
The Pats are on the down slide and the Raiders are on the up slide???
WOW!!! It's a crazy world out there!!!!!!!!!!
riverrat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
Clogston29
xxx

don't think he was arrested, just cited.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #8
MrHunters
What was that!?!

not for nuthin but im willing to wager if you took a survey, most people don't care.

its just pot... its just as much a gateway drug as booze is.
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

The most laid back guy on the Pats smokes weed....who'd have thought.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
Clogston29
xxx

your right, noone cares nor should they. he didn't have enough to distribute, so its no big deal at all. he's just trying to dull the pain of the SuperBowl, can't blame him for that.

at least its not crack

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #11
EarnedStripes44

agreed. Pass the purp.
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 AM   #12
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

concerts and weed go together like peanut butter and jelly.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:58 PM   #13
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Sounds like it was a misdemenaor amount,
and he wasn't popped for trying to move some weight, or
kill some dogs for cripes sake!!!

A little bit of personal use weeed, never hurt no one!
Hell it's the off season, PEOPLE!!! I don't burn anymore, but iffin i went thru the BS that these Pats did, i may be inclined to a bong or three...........................hundred .

More of the NON Patriot World trying to crap on us while the outhouse door keeps gettin' flung open by every single, stinkin', cry-baby arsed, moronic, cockamaimey, wannabe-PATS-franchise-but-they-cain't-cuz-they doan-have-tha-stones-4-it, fan who just happens to be waltzing by that door and falls head first up to their shoulders in our SHEET 'cause they cain't leave well enuff alone and they DAMN shore can't smell their OWN garbage, because they've buried themselves so deep into OUR CRAP!!!!

ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Get a life, go get a real owner, a real head Coach, and some TEAM players and stfu about us and our shortcomings. Win some freaking SBowls and stop yer snivelin'!!!

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 PM   #14
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
concerts and weed go together like peanut butter and jelly.
THAT, and Ovaltine, or
Hostess cupcakes ~chocolate with white filling

sum of my favorite munchies

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:12 PM   #15
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

What a bunch of F-ing Patriot apologists.

Jeez.. if it had beena 3rd down back from the jets, raiders, eagles etc. not one person would have said; 'well it's not like he's trying to distribute..'

Social arguments aside, and frankly, I could give a sh-t what people do, maybe it should be legal, medicinal uses etc... I don't want to get into a huge pot debate

Admittedly, it was never my thing, but I know a lot of good friends prefer it to a beer, but they are taking a chance every time they buy a dime, and they are aware of this. I also know/knew quite a few of the 'stoner' types who haven't gotten their sh-t together b/c of it.

Regardless of the amount he had on him, or the justification of the 'why' he needed it, it IS still illegal, and he is taking a big chance with his career if he were to get popped for a random test.

He is obviously not the only one doing it in the NFL, MLB, NCAA, NHL, NBA, but he is still a role model and a public figure. I am absolutely shocked at the apologist nature of you guys!

BassDawg, if you really think it is jealousy or some other bull%$%$%$%$ (get a real team yadda yadda) get over yourself and your team. I don't think some pissed of Jets fan planted the pot and then called the cops.

Faulk made a bad decision and it bit him in the ass, plain and simple! Should it ruin his life or career? no, but don't apologize or justify!

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 02-27-2008 at 05:19 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #16
MrHunters
What was that!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

Jeez.. if it had beena 3rd down back from the jets, raiders, eagles etc. not one person would have said; 'well it's not like he's trying to distribute..'
I still wouldnt care

Quote:
I also know/knew quite a few of the 'stoner' types who haven't gotten their sh-t together b/c of it.
me too but some of the most intelligent people i know smoke pot. Alcohol has cause way more destruction that pot ever will, is it because booze is legal and pot isnt? probably but because its illegal we give a pass to every family booze as destroyed.

Quote:
BassDawg, if you really think it is jealousy or some other bull%$%$%$%$ (get a real team yadda yadda) get over yourself and your team. I don't think some pissed of Jets fan planted the pot and then called the cops.
i agree .. pats are high profile. everything will make the news, like how school shootings are high profile.... but with that the news just is glorifying the shooter which probably caused the latest incident.

Just commenting on that last bit to put it in perspective.
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #17
basswipe

Dude gets paid millions but still feels the need to hit the lettuce.They call it dope for a reason.
basswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #18
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

4 game suspension's gonna cost him big...prob 1/2 mil.....

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #19
Squid kids Dad

Quote:

Social arguments aside, and frankly, I could give a sh-t what people do, maybe it should be legal, medicinal uses etc... I don't want to get into a huge pot debate

Admittedly, it was never my thing, but I know a lot of good friends prefer it to a beer, but they are taking a chance every time they buy a dime, and they are aware of this. I also know/knew quite a few of the 'stoner' types who haven't gotten their sh-t together b/c of it.

Regardless of the amount he had on him, or the justification of the 'why' he needed it, it IS still illegal, and he is taking a big chance with his career if he were to get popped for a random test.

He is obviously not the only one doing it in the NFL, MLB, NCAA, NHL, NBA, but he is still a role model and a public figure. I am absolutely shocked at the apologist nature of you guys!

Faulk made a bad decision and it bit him in the ass, plain and simple! Should it ruin his life or career? no, but don't apologize or justify!
WOW.Get a life

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #20
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Quote:

I can't castigate anyone for things I used to do all too often. Make me a hypocrite. His bed he has to lay in it.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #21
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDawg View Post

Get a life,check go get a real owner,check a real head Coach,check and some TEAM players checkand stfu about us and our shortcomings. Win some freaking SBowlscheck and stop yer snivelin'!!!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #22
Raven

Talking calculating

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
4 game suspension's gonna cost him big...prob 1/2 mil.....

gee thats 125,000 dollars per blunt

damn thats some expensive weed
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #23
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Bryan, just to clarify my larger point................
i'll elaborate a bit.

Not being an apologist or justifying his actions.
Faulk effed up and he'll answer for it. My comments are more how the whole world wants what we have. They do not have the ability, not at this time anyways, to match us and bring us down ON THE FIELD, sooooo thier sad refrain and much easier recourse is to keep calling into question all of the OFF THE FIELD of play BS (Spectre, spygate, Walshgate, Faulk)!!

As far as your check list is concerned, MikeP.................

I did say win SOME SBowls. One and done, doesn't even begin to appraoch the Greatness that this ownership, this Coach, and these Players have accomplished. All of last year's GTOAT rhetoric did not come from one Great season, just like they have not become THE model franchise of the NFL ~overnight. This kind of dominance takes time, and concentration, and dedication, and imagination ~especially so in the Salary Cap and Free Agency Eras, just my view gents.

Hats off to your post season, the Giants earned and deserved XLII, but let's see what happens with SB's XLIII, XLIV, and XLV???

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #24
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid kids Dad View Post
WOW.Get a life
F- you.
Been there, done that, partied several years of my life away, saw and did a lot of stupid crap, and owned up to the consequences when it went to far. As I said who gives a crap if he smokes pot. I certainly don't and am not naive enough to think he's the only one in sports doing it. I just was shocked at how apologist most people were being, by justifying it w/ the amount he had on him etc.. I do my best not to judge; I like the occasional beer/cocktail, you like the occasional joint, fine. I'm probably one of the more socially liberal people on this site, but it is still the law and he is still in the public eye; like it or not he is held to a higher standard. I like my beer but if I was making that kind of dough and beer was illegal, I wouldn't be drinking!

I didn't want it to be an argument about the legality of it, fine by me, sell it, make some taxes on it and be done with it. My point was if he wasn't a Patriot, MOST people here (other than MrH ) wouldn't have been so 'nice' about it. It might not have been news, BUT if he was a giant you guys would have been all over him.

BD; Spygate, however bogus it is, is vastly different than a player getting caught with weed. Does it reflect the team? not really, but it does show they aren't perfect. It has nothing to do with
agendas.

Paul,
thats fine, re: calling him a hypocrite, I understand your point, but he's making millions and is a public figure, any heat he takes is justified. Not calling for his head is one thing, others were justifying; it's like justifying steroids in baseball; well EVERYBODY is doing it...

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 02-28-2008 at 06:42 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #25
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDawg View Post
I did say win SOME SBowls. One and done, doesn't even begin to appraoch the Greatness that this ownership, this Coach, and these Players have accomplished. All of last year's GTOAT rhetoric did not come from one Great season, just like they have not become THE model franchise of the NFL ~overnight. This kind of dominance takes time, and concentration, and dedication, and imagination ~especially so in the Salary Cap and Free Agency Eras, just my view gents.

Hats off to your post season, the Giants earned and deserved XLII, but let's see what happens with SB's XLIII, XLIV, and XLV???
Did you know that since they entered the NFL in 1925--35 years before the Patriots even existed--the NY Giants have played in more NFL Championship games than any other NFL team? More than the Bears or Packers. They've been owned in whole or in part by the same family since 1925. When you talk about model franchises, ownership stability must count for something. Giants' season tickets haven't been for sale for most of my lifetime. You have a nice thing going up there with Kraft in recent times, but to call it THE model franchise is a little over the top. They're among the model franchises, but fans in other places--Green Bay and Dallas among them--would debate the point. Especially Green Bay--since the fans own the team

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #26
eastendlu

Mike i toast a beer to you sir!!!
eastendlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #27
Squid kids Dad

It has been found that Faulk is not guilty..Wasnt his..

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 AM   #28
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Glad to see that it was a case of mistaken "tokedentity".

Well said, MikeP, i agree completely with the place in NFL history that the NYG hold. I respect them as one of the originals and have always appreciated thier contribution to the post season. As painful as it may be, LAST YEAR included.

I was a Redskins fan for most of my life (41 yrs) and of the NFC East the Giants are the team i most admire; since, i obviously hate Dallas, the Phleagles are the redheaded step-child, and i always "LAUGH in the Cardinals general direction."

The G-Men have always been a class act, and they are miles ahead of Jerry Jones and Dckhead Snyder from the ownership side of the coin. Sadly, they have been an also-ran for many years, up until last year, and it took a 'wide right' by Buffalo to gain them some recent relevance.

That being said, we may be poised for a SB Rematch for the first time in NFL History that would be a back-to-back repeat, if i'm not mistaken??? And that bodes well for both franchises, i was mostly referring to what the rest of the Pro Football World has been calling the PATS and this current system ~from top to bottom.

i also would have to concur with the Pack, and i would be remiss
if i left out our arch nemesis the Colts. yet, ultimately, IT IS about
the Lombardi's and what are ya doing TODAY,
in the decade of the '00's !!

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #29
bloocrab
Callinectes sapidus

Bassdawg,

I'm calling you out -

Let's play ball -

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...ad.php?t=47470

...it finally happened, there are no more secret spots
bloocrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 07:24 AM   #30
fishaholic18
Finally

WOW..Flame war in Sports Talk...Suprised thread hasn't been Closed yet Even an F-bomb...Cool///
Oh ..wait..#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& hasn't posted here yet..that'll get it closed for sure..

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote