Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 04-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Harp

Young Blood from RI

Hi...I've been lurking around this forum for awhile and figured it was time to join up. I'm a 23 year old student/bartender from Narragansett. I grew up in Montauk surfcasting with my grandfather before moving to RI when I was 8. Any knowledge I was able to retain was quickly forgotten. Other than the occasional trip back to LI boatfishing with my family or surfcasting M, fishing was far from a big part of my life. Over the last 2 seasons, I've been dedicated to surfcasting the RI shore and learning as much as I can. I'm able to get out a lot, but not nearly as much as I want. With the spring season just about here, I'm full of excitement and as ready as I'll ever be. Good luck to everybody out there...tight lines!
Harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harp View Post
Hi...I've been lurking around this forum for awhile and figured it was time to join up. I'm a 23 year old student/bartender from Narragansett. I grew up in Montauk surfcasting with my grandfather before moving to RI when I was 8. Any knowledge I was able to retain was quickly forgotten. Other than the occasional trip back to LI boatfishing with my family or surfcasting M, fishing was far from a big part of my life. Over the last 2 seasons, I've been dedicated to surfcasting the RI shore and learning as much as I can. I'm able to get out a lot, but not nearly as much as I want. With the spring season just about here, I'm full of excitement and as ready as I'll ever be. Good luck to everybody out there...tight lines!
Harp - welcome to S-B. Good location to fish from, Gansett. No fish there

There is a great local fishing club to check out: http://narragansettsurfcasters.com/ more than a few people here are members. Meeting next Tuesday night.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
Bassinthebay

You are in a great place to get back into it! Im a young dude as well, but spend most of the spring in the bay... july and august I head down your way more often.

If you ever want to meet up and fish, let me know... none of my friends fish, so I am always looking for a fishin buddy...

plus if you are a bartender, perhaps a few on the house!

tight lines
Bassinthebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
Harp

definitely up for some fishing and i can definitely arrange some brews "on the house." all of my friends think i'm crazy for getting out of work at 11 and going fishing so i'm in the same boat as you. let me know

one of the guys from narragansett surfcasters comes into my restaurant all the time. i've been talking to him a lot and plan on heading up to the meeting tuesday. thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #5
Bassinthebay

HA, I feel ya Harp..

I was the DD for my buds one night when they went to the CG house... so instead of hanging around a bar on a friday sober... i decided to hit the town beach...

Boy did I catch flack for that... still do, but we all went home safe and happy.

See ya out there
Bassinthebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
cheferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harp View Post
all of my friends think i'm crazy for getting out of work at 11 and going fishing so i'm in the same boat as you. let me know
Also live in gansett. Ive been cooking in restaurants for 12+ years. I do the same when i get out of work, but not till ussally after 1am.. Thats the best thing for me, after cooking for 3-500+ im really wired and cant sleep. Id rather go unwind making some casts then s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g down loads of beer! No fish in gansett, all the fish are up the bay with the bunker..
cheferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #7
Harp

yeah i know exactly what you're talking about. i'm WIRED after work and have no chance of falling asleep.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #8
moosh
And the search goes on

welcome .
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote