Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Kayaking

Kayaking After the frequent attempts at Bribery, beatings, and simply getting towed at Sunrise - S-B opens the Kayak Forums Also see http://www.ultimatekayakfishing.com

Old 06-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
Jersey_Jim

Unhappy Question on Price for a 12 ft YAK

I developed 2 bulging discs in my lower back 2 years ago & only used my YAK before that date for a few times. ( I did it doing yard work – yuk) I'm thinking of selling it out of concern for a re-injury.

What is the value of a VG Cond 12 FT Heritage Featherlite Angler with Paddles, life jacket, foam car top blocks blocks, etc?

Thanks

Jersey Jim
Jersey_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Jim how is your back now?? Have you had surgery or just physical therapy?? I have a bad back full of bulging discs and I am buying a kayak shortly......ya gotta live Jim! I still do all types of surfcasting and dammit.....I am gonna kayak! Have you tried to use the yak since your injury??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

sorry to hear about your back, I agree with BigFish, give it a shot and see how it feels before letting it go.

I think you should be able to get around $650-700 when you throw in the paddle and everything, does it also have a nice seat?
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
FishermanTim

What's the weight limit for that yak?
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
Backbeach Jake

Have you tried a high back, high end seat? There are some with a lot of support. I'm thinking of trying that myself. That and raising the seat a little with eva foam padding so it's not like I'm sitting on the floor.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
Jersey_Jim

Scardy Cat Me

After suffering thru a couple of cortisone shots, physical therapy and 7 months of discomfort (including minimal boating and fishing in ‘07), last spring I was dumb enough to spread some mulch because I felt good. BLAM I blew 3/4 of the summer & went thru it all over again to. I am taking no chances, especially since I am approaching Geezer Status. Here is info on the yak. R & R Marine in Hingham sells them. Mine is RED

http://www.heritagekayaks.com/featherliteangler12.htm
Specs
Length: 12' 1" (368cm)
Width: 30" (76cm)
Depth: 12” (30cm)
Kayak Weight: 49 lbs. (22kg)
Cockpit Length: 46” (117cm)
Cockpit Width: 18.5” (47cm)
Stern Hatch Length: 9.25” (23cm)
Stern Hatch Width: 9.25” (23cm)
Capacity: 325 lbs. (147kg)

Suggested Usage
Fishing: Excellent
Recreational: Excellent
Touring: Excellent
Extended Touring: Excellent
Small ponds: Excellent
Lakes: Excellent
Light Ocean: Excellent
River (1-2) : Excellent
Maneuverability: Excellent
Tracking: Excellent

Do you want to catch even BIGGER FISH? The FeatherLite 12 Angler is a "stretched" version of the FeatherLite Angler with extra hull speed so it will take you less effort to get to those secret offshore fishing spots. It offers better load capacity for larger fishermen, or those carrying extra gear. The boat also features the new DVCTM (drains, vents, cushions) Seating System for maximum comfort while relaxing during a full day on the water. The perfect fishing platform for anglers of all sizes. It has a large, open non-confining cockpit, two rod holders, paddle tether for quick casting, adjustable foot braces, two end carry handles, bow storage webbing, built-in flotation, a stern hatch and cargo chamber, along with a molded skeg.
Angler Package:
Two flush-mounted rod holders
Deck mount with spin cast rod holder
Anchor System
Paddle Holder

The DVCTM Seating System has raised the standard for kayak seats. The HiFlowTM 3-D Mesh (patent pending for watercraft) Drains, Vents, and Cushions paddlers' ride for hours on end.
It is 100% recyclable, requires no chlorofluorocarbons (emissions which damage Earth's ozone layer) during it's manufacture and the light color Textilene® solar screen fabric stands up to the sun's rays and stays cool on a hot day!

Jersey Jim
Old 06-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
Jersey_Jim

Yup it has a good seat

Jersey Jim
Old 06-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
Jersey_Jim

I'm gonna list it here for sale ,TX Guys

Jersey Jim
Old 07-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
saltydog

Im probbbbbbbley late but if youstill have the YAK Im very interested PM if you do,if not no problem
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

saltydog is offline   Reply With Quote