Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

juicer = more fishing!

we got a juicer for christmas... always wanted one. and man can i say already, it will probably double my fishing output.

i take two sips of a simple apple carrot mix, and i get a rush that lasts hours. it rivals that of the jolt energy drink (or red bull or whatever) except with out the twittering and shakes.

i know there are other juicers on here. what are some of your favorite pre fishing drinks?

i know some of the younger guys on here would dismiss the elders testimonials of the energy these drinks provide. simply because "well they are getting old so simple things give them energy" (no offense to the older guys) but i am 24 and i'll be damned if it doesn't give me a noticeable burst of energy that keeps on goin.

you REALLY must invest in a juicer. i might not buy a jolt all summer. just carry some fresh juice around. i can already tell i'm gonna have faaar more energy this coming summer. which can only mean, more fishing!!

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
GonnaCatchABig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
johnny ducketts
><(((°> ><((( °> ><(((°>

really, like a jack lalane power juicer?

60 % of the time, it works every time.
johnny ducketts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

I used one for years but like anything I do I eventually got away from it. I get bored easy, ADT, I always liked the carrot, apple mixture. Always hated the beet and broccoli one, but I did it with a clothespin on my nose. Good luck and I hope you stick with it.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny ducketts View Post
really, like a jack lalane power juicer?
i wish i had one of those... but i got a different one it's labeled as "commercial" i dunno about that.. but it's a pretty beefy unit. it's loud though.

but yeah.
it's incredibly energizing. like M said it would be easy to get bored. it does take a bit of effort. mine has a small intake so i have to cut everything into fit-able pieces.. which is annoying when you just want juice!

but i love it. i drank a 16 once cup the other day. and then played drums for 4 hours. and was still fully energized. i was completely shocked by energy boost.

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
Old 12-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

you are mainlining the nutrients. No down time for stuff to break down in digestion track. absorbs very quickly. If you could get organic fruits and veggies,or grow your own it would be much more beneficial with all the pesticides and waxes used on them. Problem also is fruits and veggies are getting expensive and you need a lot of them when you juice. I have turned to this the last 2 years and I am a believer. Not cheap but I do see a difference as far as not getting sick.
http://www.juiceplus.com/nsa/pages/Welcome.soa

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 12-29-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
spence

I'd love it if someone else did all the work for me, cleaned up etc...they're a real PITA and you need a good source of organic produce or it can be expensive.

Love the fresh juice though.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #7
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

There is nothing like fresh squeezed juice, regardless whether its orange, apple of whatever. You should go to an organic fair and try wheat grass juice sometime. One drink of that and you'll join PETA.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #8
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Yeah clean up is pain for sure. Carrots, which is probably the main ingredient in most of the juice you will drink because of the natural sweet taste thus masking the terrible taste some veggies have, are real easy to grow yourself and store outside in moist sand in a covered trash barrel buried in the ground all winter long. Mini root cellar sort of.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #9
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

if only i had a yard..

and heck ya its expensive... you whip through fruit like it's hooks.
but judging from the results of a just a few drinks it's worth it.
i'm still goin strong from an 8 am drink.. with no signs of stopping..

one more investment to make towards my health.. the almighty and highly expensive bowflex. between that and juice.. i might be back to being my teenage hunky self.

ladies better watch out!

Old 12-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #10
big jay

Sounds like the Bassomatic 5000
big jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
Raven

Arrow CARROT JUICE CURED ME

i had some sort of illness that would double me over with stomach cramps after walking 50 feet or more and it was brutal,,,man like having to stop on the sidewalk to have a labor contraction and you'd breath in little short pants to handle the intense pain....

i was scheduled for all kinds of surgeries to fix the problem too.

then one day i bought a pint of carrot juice and realized when i returned home that i was feeling most excellent ....so we instantly bought an ACME juicer for 200 bucks. I'll tell ya....you know this machine is quality built when it takes almost a half hour to stop spinning after you hit the off switch.
BTW, i never hurt again!!!!!!

we still have it and it still works awesome.
this year i'll be buying pelleted carrot seed from
territorial seed company up in oregon.

always use celery in combos because its a bit salty
but loaded with water... as in the carrot ,apple ,celery.blend
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #12
Raven

Arrow animal vrs vegetable

one of the reasons why carrot juice works wonders is because the beta carotene ( loaded in it ) gets converted by the body into vitamin A fairly quick as compared to digesting meat and utilizing the vitamin A in it...which simply takes longer. Funny thing is... when you have vitamin A from both sources they compliment one another and is much better for you than either one alone.

primarily though............
the thing that gives you the real energy boost
which is so totally different than a caffeine rush

is from the ENZYMES which make you so energy HIGH you feel
like your lighter in your shoes////an almost - walking on AIR sensation.... and if you've felt that ..you know exactly what i mean.

they are the catalysts of digestion that trigger many good chemical reactions and gives you that feeling of well being and energy max.

Last edited by Raven; 12-29-2007 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: and this concludes my 420 post :o)
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
is from the ENZYMES which make you so energy HIGH you feel
like your lighter in your shoes////an almost - walking on AIR sensation.... and if you've felt that ..you know exactly what i mean.
[/B].
you aint kidding! thats pretty much how i feel after a a glass.. NEVER thought it was possible from just juice.

i mean i've drank plenty of the store stuff.. and it's like "meh" just another drink. the fresh stuff.. it's a whole new world. i'm loving it. i'm still feelin good from a glass i had at about 2. it makes me and the day feel more "vibrant".

i'm absolutely amazed as how quick it works. i had my buddy try a glass.. about 5 mins later he was like "wow, you weren't kidding" (referring to this thread)

Old 12-29-2007, 09:59 PM   #14
Nebe

Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:20 PM   #15
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Nebe that's great I remember watching that for the first time in 1976,

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #16
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

Oh and just a warning, be careful about dumping the scraps down the disposal it will clog your drain so quick, dump it in the trash or put it down the drain in small amounts at a time.

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #17
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Bassomatic 76, very funny, never saw that before.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote