Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 10-14-2003, 04:58 PM   #1
CSK

Tim McCarver..Kill yourself!!!

Why? Why? Why? is he on television? I can't believe how biased he and Joe Buck are. Do they shower with the Yankees? And what the hell is Brett Boone doing in the booth? He adds zero to the game. If anything his boobery is a distraction His brother is a stifffff to boot! And Buck and McCarver kiss his ass.

MUTE
CSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 05:31 PM   #2
Slipknot
Super Moderator

feel better?

yep, he is useless at this point. I never liked that guy.

How about the only run we got and Fox comes back after a commercial too late silence for about 15 seconds and the camera showing some fan cheering on the green monster and then Manny recieving cheers. Smooth move FOX
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:03 PM   #3
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Why they have them for commentators (Who probably agree with Bloomberg) and why their master controller who's on during the games still has a job is beyond me...

Ski Quicks Hole
likwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #4
beachwalker
Below Me

But if you guys switch and start rooting for the yanks you will eventually get Joe Morgan and Miller.

Sorry , I couldn't resist.

McCarver is useless. But he did have 20 years on the field. He does occasionally have good insight but he is WAY NY bias.
beachwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 07:14 PM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

and how is Joe Morgan any better than McCarver?

good win NY, you guys deserved it, much better than winning because of a bad call by an ump.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 07:39 PM   #6
beachwalker
Below Me

Aw come on. Joe Morgan.

I know most Sox fans don't have many fond memories of he and the Big Red Machine. You know the rest. Hall of Fame, etc.

I think the two of them speak well together but of course, have the occasional lapses of drivel and banter blahblahblah.

I just have a lot of respect for Joe and how he gives the listener an excellent description of his opinions on defense and offense in "real" time. It makes the a difference.
He has a clear coherent voice and articulates the game well.

It would be sweet to team him up with Gammons for a game (or season
beachwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:41 AM   #7
Jimbo

I thought it was just me. McCarver corrects himself or is corrected by pone of the other boobs every other time he says something. The only thing that seems to excite Boone is if he has an opportunity to get a plug in for his brother. I think this afternoon I'm turning the sound down on the TV and listening to the play-by-play on the radio. It is hands down more exciting and less biased.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote